|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,095,082 members, 4,529,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 05:02 PM
|★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 10:46am On Jan 08|
Holler holler people!
Its Twenty Ate Teen Already!
And you know how we do it!
Picks up mic
Twale to myOgaAtTheTop @TheRealAdonye
Uncle Suru, I'm off to Surulere
they say if i meet
I’m gonna become a big star...
Heheheheheheheee by the power vested upon me by powers that be, I welcome you all to this year's edition of the JBV awards.
Whispers: Not the fake version o - This here is the real deal!
You thought we forgot? No way o.
So in case you missed last year's edition (awon #Morakuku ), y'all please grab a seat and lets get the ball rolling.
Deejay play me something!
Oya first of all,
Introduction gbagbe oshi!
Izzz your girl, Jazzy
And I'm your
We had a blast for the last edition and we are back this year - bigger and stronger!
So the year 2017 began with many of us (we know ourselves) singing...
"You say if i believe,
I go make oh
I go make am oh
I am ready to take over the world"
Even though some of us (awon boss ) were ready counting "30billion for the akant o"
As the year rolled across, the hustle and the bustle, the grind and twirl, we are still here:
"Everyday by day I just dey celebrate oh (eh)
Everything I do e just dey penetrate oh
I just want to say o thank you Jehovah oh"
And so therefore,
We go "Never forget where we come from..."
Here's how we do it:
To crown the awardees for the 4th edition of biggest award series on Nairaland, all you get to do is cast your vote.
Let the crown go to the deserving heads.
YOVO - You Only Vote Once - Make it count people!
Let's get this rolling people!
AND NOW, THE RULES:
1. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OTHER COLOUR TO POST COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD, ASIDE BLACK. OTHER COLOURS ARE RESERVED FOR THE ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) AND THE MODERATOR. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES IN BLACK AND WHITE.
ACCEPTANCE MESSAGES BY WINNERS CAN HOWEVER BE MADE IN COLOR.
2. THIS THREAD WOULD SERVE AS THE THREAD FOR EVERYTHING CONCERNING THE AWARDS.
3. YOU COULD ALSO NOMINATE YOURSELF
4. THERE'LL BE NO CAMPAIGNING ON HERE. PLEASE DON'T SOLICIT FOR VOTES ON NAIRALAND. THIS IS A FAIR PROCESS WITH EQUAL OPPORTUNITY GIVEN TO EVERYONE.
5. ALL OTHER NAIRALAND RULES APPLY
Izz a simple sturvz aye?
I'm Jazmiynne, your hostess for the year, and I welcome you once again to the 2017 JSAs - Let's have fun!
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS is 21st January 2018.
10 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:47am On Jan 08|
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 10:49am On Jan 08|
1. Most Helpful Joblander: Award for the Person who shares past questions and other pieces of advice
2. Funniest Joblander: Person whose comments bring smile to your face despite Unemployment/ Under Employment
3. Gate crasher of the year: Someone who has gatecrashed a lot of tests this year or someone whose gatecrashing experience paid off
4. Funniest Moniker (Male and Female): The people whose monikers elicit at least a Chuckle regardless of the state of your job hunt
5. Most Secretive Joblander: These set of people always like to take information without giving. We know at least one. If you don't know, then you're probably one of them.
6. Most Motivational Joblander: This person always has a way of motivating job seekers, helping them keep their hopes alive and encouraging them to keep trying because there's light at the end of the tunnel.
7. Most Inquisitive Joblander: This person will even ask you the content of a regret mail.
8. Most friendly (Male and Female): He/ She is down to earth and always very courteous to both known and unknown posters even in the face of provocation
9. Most Active/ Always Online Award: The most frequent user in the section. Someone you will always find in one thread or the other in the section
10. Most Handsome/ Most Beautiful: If working in a world class company was by who fine pass, this person would be the CEO. To be nominated, you have to have a profile picture that would be up for the duration of this awards.
11. Mr Casanova: This is the woman wrapper award. This would go to that poster who seizes every opportunity to chat up the ladies in the section.
12. Miss Dainty: The female user who seems to attract the most attention from the guys.
13. Most Connected: That poster who seems to be aware of job vacancies even before the positions become officially vacant and only posts confirmed vacancies
14. Webster Of the year: The poster with the best use of words, grammar, style, poetry e.t.c
15. Best newcomer: Someone who became active in the section in the year 2016 and has made an impact within that time
16. Most Popular (Male and Female): Everybody knows them. People want to be them. Their mentions are perpetually on fire.
17. Genius of the year: SHL? GMAT? Dragnet? None fazes this Joblander.
18. The All-Knowing: The job lander who knows practically every job lander. The mods are exempted from nomination.
19. Most controversial: The poster who stirs up different emotions in the minds of those on the thread.
20. Job Searcher of d year: He/She is on every thread looking for an opportunity to make their dream come true.
21. The Ideal Candidate: Someone whose personality based on NL activity you will like to have on board if you own an organisation.
22. Poster of the year: Overall Baddo of the Job Section. This person has excelled in most categories above.
23. Legend Of the Seeker Job Section: That poster who has been on Nairaland for a while and has carved a niche for himself/herself in the section. Anyone who's won this award is exempted from nomination.
24. Thread of the year: The thread that made everybody take notice. Even if the job no concern you, you still dey put eye. The Chatroom is exempted from nomination
25. Couple of the year: The people you always want to tell them to get a room. Yes, those ones.
The maximum number of nominations per award is 5. Please, do not nominate more than 5 people for an award.
Let the nominations begin.
cc Davide470, Uboma, TheRealAdonye
7 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by wunmi590(m): 11:13am On Jan 08|
Wey person still dey job hunt, nah him you dey open thread for award.
7 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by 0wen2017: 11:25am On Jan 08|
You guys should comman vote oo!
Genius of the Year award : Yorex2011, this guy is a beast when it comes to aptitude test.
Most friendly : Postulates
Derailer of the year: Jesusgirl
Legend of the seeker: airsaylongcon
Most Handsome: N/A
Most beautiful : Jesusgirl
Gate crasher of the year: Skilme
Womaniser of the year : Mcpat, davide470
@Jazmiynne, please help us with the Indicators and placement, so we all can vote accordingly.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Appliedmaths(m): 11:36am On Jan 08|
Abeg can we do pee dee pee in this election?
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by TheRealAdonye(m): 11:41am On Jan 08|
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 12:30pm On Jan 08|
Lolz No form of Orubebe would be allowed
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by davide470(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08|
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by johnime: 12:43pm On Jan 08|
david470, you guys are partial. I created a thread for this but was duped.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by tolutweety(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08|
I really don't know much about these guys anymore.
I will take the back seat here.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Appliedmaths(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08|
Observing, I hope the best candidates win.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Sambest2(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08|
This is a special thread, reserved for the Ogas @ the top(organizers) .
Back to the topic: jesusgirl can derail thread eeeehhhh...
Modify and Sidetalk: Shout out to Baba NLA TheRealAdonye...
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by johnime: 3:39pm On Jan 08|
who made the oga at the top? The last time I check the Op and therealadonye re members like you and I
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Sambest2(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08|
You need to know that someone started this trend and the mods of jobs/vacancies section recognises that person and some others as the organizers!
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Vizzim: 4:34pm On Jan 08|
Derailer of the year.. That award na wa oo.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 4:44pm On Jan 08|
One Man One Vote
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Ferdyboss: 5:56pm On Jan 08|
Nice one Jaz....
Been a while here tho...
Maybe I can nominate one or two
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Ferdyboss: 5:57pm On Jan 08|
Neymar please wait for your time to shine. Thanks
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by PhilipGallagher(m): 7:59pm On Jan 08|
Erm abeg, how much is attached to each award.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08|
Sambest2:There should be no ogas at the top. Except say na MOD wan create the thread then no p.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08|
johnime:Bros sorry, dem don run you local. It happens
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 8:03pm On Jan 08|
Oh ye of little faith!
Brother we make things happen! #AwonBaddest
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08|
[quote auth3or=Jazmiynne post=64014640]
Oh ye of little faith!
Brother we make things happen! #AwonBaddest
Talk serious talk na. If money is involved, make i nominate myself for all the categories.
Anyways, i'll be watching the process from afar.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 8:11pm On Jan 08|
Guys the voting lines are open...
Don't be late - make your vote count.
As the spirit leads, we may have a little something for the most active moniker on this voting thread -
We are not playing here... Vous repetez - We are not playing here!
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08|
Hope you're having a great evening?
I understand your grievance on your earlier created thread for this awards being taken down.
I would do my best to give an explanation to this.
You see the Jobs and Vacancies section is unlike any other on Nairaland.
The people who frequent this section do so in search of opportunities to better their lives so they appreciate proper planning being put in place before things are put forward.
The JSAs did not just come into play.
There were discussions on the JBV Chatroom long before you were a registered member on this platform.
Also there is a method to the madness.
There's a lot of behind the scenes to ensure that this process is close to perfect.
There are Sponsorship drives, etc.
Next time you think things just happen, think again.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08|
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Udochee(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08|
Izz about to go dannn. Some of the categories might be difficult to nominate. Let's do this
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Sambest2(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08|
TheRealAdonye:Going on well Boss, we thank the Lord.
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by Jazmiynne: 8:52pm On Jan 08|
Yes boss! The something izz dann already
Glad to have you here.
SisterGirl @amicable09 kindly be informed that your seat awaits you at the high table
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by veevean1(f): 8:59pm On Jan 08|
tolutweety:Same here we be observing the process
|Re: ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ by amicable09(f): 9:13pm On Jan 08|
Jazmiynne:*Steps in with a walking stick and round eye glasses*
I feel like a granny already
I can't shout no more.
I can't talk too loud.
I can't even dance like I used to
Thanks for this honourable invite.
I will make sure I get the
Let the gbedu begin!
If you hear your name, come and groove!
Brb with my register...
Jaz baby, tell the DJ to give us something light
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149