Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,992 members, 7,828,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun (16376 Views)

13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by faitheee: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
whot annoys me most i when dey start asking for 5-10 years xperience.many jobs vacancies must ask 4 xperience.are they tryn 2 say dat fresh gradguates shud rot being unemployed
Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by pharmow: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2009
This is a very good thread and i really like the contribution of the house to this serious and complicated issue.

I will like all nairalanders to pay serious attention to what Iranoladun said,it really shows that he/she is into the system.

Lastly i will like to correct a misguided impression the house has about the fact that HND holders specifically find it difficult to get a job.i must at this junction say that i know more of HND holders getting employed more than BSC holders including my cousin who happens to be working with chevron not as a contract staff but as a full staff(not bragging).The problems are that there are some many graduates chasing very few vacancies(i mean very,very,very few vacancies) and because of this, getting job in nigeria now is based on who u know instead of merit and on a very rare cases luck at times.my candid advice is that one should get something reasonable doing while still looking for good paying job it doesnt make sense saying in the same level for 5 years because there is no job.God will help us all in nigeria all we job seeker
Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by infosolo: 3:04am On Feb 22, 2010
The main issue is fear and it is fear of the unknown. To be an employee is not easy too and the price is higher in real terms. Everyone knows that to be self employed is better but the big question is how do you move from one business to the next? I guess that is the reason why people run for "cover". I am a university graduate and I have been in business for about 8 years, I think it is determination, courage and faith that should be the key issue in been established as a graduate.
Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by martinosi: 12:20pm On May 19, 2010
I feel you guys on this.

The problem is that the economy is not flexible at all!!!
The High ranking public and Private officials that are supposed
to be creating the structure and framework for business and commerce to blossom are too busy being selfish and self-seeking.

The are soo many barren industries in Nigeria that if ressurected are billion dollar generators ie Agriculture is a main example and this industry when invested in should now gives birth to texiles (through cotton etc), Energy (Through Bio-Fuels etc), Commericial Food chains/Supermakets (Through Mid/Large scale wheat, barly and other product processing), etc and this should be  started at the State and Local Govt Level but they are too concerned with a quick gains and not medium to long range planning.

Anyway as an Entreprenuer i am doing my own share of developing the
business infrastructure in Nigerian and West Africa.

I believe we need a Business devlopment forum on Nairaland where we can help Fresh Graduates and others to develop their business idea's and give them some help (Fuel/Funds as one poster said to jump-start the careers.
Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by uberchic: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
hackney: Having read some of the comments  on this thread(especially the beginning part), it's quite ironic how poor the tenses are while questions are being asked about the quality of certificates in Nigerian Institutions.

Please get a good education if you can and not cruise through school hoping that your shortcuts will go
undetected.
Please mind your tenses as i'm sure other countries read these threads.
(pidgin na pidgin but attempts to use english should be well orchestrated.)
Goodluck smiley

You are asking people to check their tenses, did you check yours? Am sure if you did you would have known that the first word in your sentence should have been haven and not having or you want to debate that?
Re: Problems Fresh Graduates Are Facing: Me I No Gbadun by folu500(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Tha_dude: @ Oleigh
Are you male or female?
Anyway good thinking from you. Graduates shouldnt wait for a job befitting their qualification, Use your OND or WAEC to start any job, remember, you need to start building on your work experience in preparation for future opportunities soon after graduation. Dont just give up and blame the system because that wont make up for the damages, You'all knew how the system was before you gained admission and one would have thought studing a course that is capable of making you self employed would be the way to go, although that would also be difficult without a start up capital.
Even if it is teaching in a private primary sch in your neighbourhood no matter how small the income is as long as you dont have to pay transport to and fro, the most important thing is ur work history. Sadly enough no body seem to understand the importance of a good work history. Even is America lack of good work history means you are relegated to the bottom with little or no chance of being successful at ur interview.
Never give-up because opportunities will come to you, it is just a matter of when and how prepared you will be when it come.

I believe the govt is not doing things the way it should be done, the original idea of setting up polytechnics was to develop technically inclined minds into independent and self sustaining individuals in other words to help them think deeper and clearer. Those studying technical courses e.g computer engineering, Mech Eng, Elect Eng. etc should be given start-up loans/capital to enable them set up their personal workshop and become employers of labor.
I feel u my brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How God Miraculously Got Me A Job / Getting A Federal Job Through Federal Character Commission / Graduate Analyst – IARCS Job At KPMG Nigeria-2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.