Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra (3460 Views)

"Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa / IGBOS And The South South Minorities. / The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by mightyokwy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
an average igbo man is a land grabber and a criminal who wants to steal and rob others.
Has igbo man robb you?. Did any igbo man take ur land by force. Pls enough of all this hate. Biafra is not by force
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Igbo vs North...
Igbo vs Yoruba
Igbo vs South south/Niger delta...
Igbo vs Nigeria...
Igbo..lol

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by kingzizzy: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I'm not an igbo hater as many people assume. But let the truth be told today, igbos only want south south due to economic gains and nothing else. The South south region is the geopolitical zone in Nigeria and if each south south state where to be a country of its own, it would be one of the richest countries in Africa. Besides Lagos, no other state in Nigeria is richer than any south south state. They all have crude oil in commercial quantities and also access to international waters.

This is the main reason why the igbos are trying to cajole them into demonic union. They igbos always say that south south is not a tribe but an evil manipulation of the north. They say the northerners created the south south in order to divide and rule and call the yorubas all manners of names. The question I want to ask the igbos today are;

Are the people of south south complaining?

Have the people asked them to champion their cause in any way?

Why are they crying more than the bereaved over Gej's loss?

The igbos don't mean well for us. They only want our resources and want to marginalise us. Can a non igbo person hold a position in igboland? Can a non igbo person be sold land to in any part of igboland?

Why then does any sane person think that igbos have genuine intention for us?

Let's assume that biafra is achieved today and the south south joins them in biafra, what will be their contribution to the economy of biafra? What will they bring to the table?

The answer is nothing and the only thing they'll bring to the table is their population. Our history would be wiped out in 10 years if we join them cos they'll igbonise all of us.

An average igbo man is greedy, deceitful and can never be trusted.

Mr South-South, there is something for you to ponder. If all Igbo decide to secede as Biafra, and by all Igbos I mean the SE, Delta-Igbo land, Igbos of the lower Benue and cross River as well as all Rivers Igbo. You will will find that your so called 'SS' will be split into two halves with Ijaws,Itsekiris, Binis etc on one side and Ibibios,Efiks,Oron etc on one side with Igbos in the middle. This your so called Rivers state is 70% Igbo, much Portharcourt is Ikwere-Igbo land. So if Rivers-Igbo leave with their Igbo brothers into Biafra, your so called 'SS' will not mean anything.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Abagworo(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Observant:

do you realize that delta and river and part of there south south?
So what happens to the indigenous igbo people of the region ?

Do you also know that Hausa-Fulani are present in more than 5 countries while Yoruba extends into Benin republic?
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Coolabbie:
An elderly man once told me something I have never forgotten and which I apply in my life decisions now.
He said if you join a church and the head is an Ibo man, just leave gently else.....
Greediness is in their blood, its part of their dna.

This biafra we say we dont want, na by force?
They call us slaves to the north, are we complaining?
Why cry louder than us?
Why dont they liberate themselves and drive away the fulanis who are busy raping their women and killing them like goats?
Why carry our matter for head? I know they are natural-born gala sellers and they have the head shape to carry load for long duration but there comes a time you have to drop a load down.
I cannot speak for the whole SS but I know that my state Akwa Abasi Ibom will NEVER be part of Biafra.
Call us housegirls, slaves, houseboys whatever.
Na una sabi.
Badt girl...Hahahahahaha...
Please,is it a round or flat shape?
Just asking..
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by mulattoclaro(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingzizzy:

Mr South-South, there is something for you to ponder. If all Igbo decide to secede as Biafra, and by all Igbos I mean the SE, Delta-Igbo land, Igbos of the lower Benue and cross River as well as all Rivers Igbo. You will will find that your so called 'SS' will be split into two halves with Ijaws,Itsekiris, Binis etc on one side and Ibibios,Efiks,Oron etc on one side with Igbos in the middle. This your so called Rivers state is 70% Igbo, much Portharcourt is Ikwere-Igbo land. So if Rivers-Igbo leave with their Igbo brothers into Biafra, your so called 'SS' will not mean anything.
guy shut up. Nobody wants igbo in our proposed republic. What do they have to offer? Point of correction, port-harcourt has never been igboland. Ph belongs to Ikwerre people and not igbo people.
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Wenebadu(f): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
OP ur post go well!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by kingzizzy: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
guy shut up. Nobody wants igbo in our proposed republic. What do they have to offer? Point of correction, port-harcourt has never been igboland. Ph belongs to Ikwerre people and not igbo people.

You better get a Nigerian map and look very closely at this region you are calling 'SS'. Take a close look at Rivers state down to Portharcourt. This Ikwere people you are talking about speak Igbo as their ancestral language and have Igbo surnames'. Monalisa Chinda, Duncan Okechukwu (Duncan Mighty), Tonto Dike, Julius Agwu are all Ikwere people. What tribe do you think has the surnames Chinda, Okechukwu,Dike and Agwu? I'm not going to speak for Ikwere people but you had better start asking them if they prefare to go with their Igbo brothers into Biafra because if Biafra is what they want, your so called 'SS' is a mirage.
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Ibebe: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
Abagworo:

Do you also know that Hausa-Fulani are present in more than 5 countries while Yoruba extends into Benin republic?

Togo Benin Gambia Ghana Sierra Lione and IVC
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Ibebe: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
Cuba, Brazil
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by dreamworld: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
south side has been part of old eastern region
some south south continues to be part of igbo,,
even some south south states geographically falls into south east region
south south was formed from the old eastern region after the civil war

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by mulattoclaro(m): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
dreamworld:
south side has been part of old eastern region ,,
fool
in your dreams slowpoke.
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by dreamworld: 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
in your dreams slowpoke.
go back to primary school and study about Nigerian regions before civil war
south south was formed from the old eastern region after civil war
I don't argue with school drop outs

or you can Google Nigerian old eastern region
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by jaymichael(m): 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
kingzizzy:

You better get a Nigerian map and look very closely at this region you are calling 'SS'. Take a close look at Rivers state down to Portharcourt. This Ikwere people you are talking about speak Igbo as their ancestral language and have Igbo surnames'. Monalisa Chinda, Duncan Okechukwu (Duncan Mighty), Tonto Dike, Julius Agwu are all Ikwere people. What tribe do you think has the surnames Chinda, Okechukwu,Dike and Agwu? I'm not going to speak for Ikwere people but you had better start asking them if they prefare to go with their Igbo brothers into Biafra because if Biafra is what they want, your so called 'SS' is a mirage.
The Itsekiris language and culture has been influenced greatly by the language and culture of their neighbors like the Binis and Urhobos.
If you noticed, linguistically the itsekiri language is predominantly Yoruba, those Ondo and some Ijebu people understand like 80+ percent of what Itsekiris say without even stepping a foot into Delta state. They bear yoruba names like
Omawunmi
Eyimofe
Oritsefemi
Oritsejeafor
Abidemi
Wunmi
Yomi
Ogunbemi etc
Culturally they are more akin to the Binis as evident from their dressings etc.
Yorubas cannot jettison the Benin and Urhobo Influences on the Itsekiri culture and claim they are Yorubas.
The Itsekiri culture has evolved through a fussion of different cultures of their neighbors around them such that they have formed a Unique Identity on their own, heavily influenced but DISTINCT from the Yoruba, Bini or Urhobo cultures.
I believe same goes for Ikwere, Igbira, Ika, Anioma, Igbanke, Igalas etc.
None of the major ethnic groups can lay claim to these tribes as their culture has been heavily influenced by cultures of TWO or MORE other ethnic groups both Major or Minority that they have EVOLVED to form a DISTINCT IDENTITY which makes them UNIQUE.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
south-south is the cash cow, so Biafra needs it.... grin
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
op is. born of a thousand sperm by olosho. Edo woman.
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by Observant: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Abagworo:

Are you kidding me?,.Did you just say that?
First there large number of igbo groups in equatorial genuine do you see any igbo discussing about them.

have you not seen igbo villages in virgina is one talking about them?

Is South South a cardinal point in geography as to be used to define a location where people inhabit?

Who told this igbo people that they are now in south south?? Shey na gowon and the other mallams after him?
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by kingzizzy: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
jaymichael:
The Itsekiris language and culture has been influenced greatly by the language and culture of their neighbors like the Binis and Urhobos.
If you noticed, linguistically the itsekiri language is predominantly Yoruba, those Ondo and some Ijebu people understand like 80+ percent of what Itsekiris say without even stepping a foot into Delta state. They bear yoruba names like
Omawunmi
Eyimofe
Oritsefemi
Oritsejeafor
Abidemi
Wunmi
Yomi
Ogunbemi etc
Culturally they are more akin to the Binis as evident from their dressings etc.
Yorubas cannot jettison the Benin and Urhobo Influences on the Itsekiri culture and claim they are Yorubas.
The Itsekiri culture has evolved through a fussion of different cultures of their neighbors around them such that they have formed a Unique Identity on their own, heavily influenced but DISTINCT from the Yoruba, Bini or Urhobo cultures.
I believe same goes for Ikwere, Igbira, Ika, Anioma, Igbanke, Igalas etc.
None of the major ethnic groups can lay claim to these tribes as their culture has been heavily influenced by cultures of TWO or MORE other ethnic groups both Major or Minority that they have EVOLVED to form a DISTINCT IDENTITY which makes them UNIQUE.
All you said maybe true but we are Africans snd surnames do not lie. We all know how important the surname is to the African man, it is like an identity card that is almost never discarded. I want to stress that when it comes to the issue of Igbos and Biafra, the many Igbos of the SS such as Delta Igbos and Rivers Igbos cannot be ignored. The question is this. Faced with the choice of Nigeria and Biafra in referendum, would these people choose to stay in Nigeria or vacate with their Igbo brothers into Biafra? This is the important question that needs to be answered by shouting 'South-Sout!'
Re: The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra by ANGELMARVE(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2015
hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari and Osinbajo At NASS Today For 2015 Budget Presentation / Prominent Prophet Mbaka Says Buhari May Be Killed / My Encounter With Fulani Heardsmen In Umuchigbo Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.