Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? (10977 Views)

Poll: Should homosexuals be allowed to raise children?

Yes: 22% (8 votes)
No: 77% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids / Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2005
could you elaborate?
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by CimonJorr(m): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2005
Rather I would have you realise that when kids get to that rebellious age, they generally want to do anything to show that they have the capacity to act as adults and generally take charge of certain aspects of thier lives..

they manifest this in different ways.. some turn to wierd practices like body piercings and wierd unconformal dressing.. others to alcohol and drugs.. and some experiment with alternate sexual persuasions..

Most if not all kids go through this period.. even back home in sweet Nigeria, where arguments and fights regularly break out between parents (trying to assert thier authority) and their teenage kids (rebelling against this as they percieve that their parents dont treat them as 'adults')...

allonym:

I wouldn't say most people said they were shown their true tendencies by others - more likely someone encouraged them to not be ashamed of how they feel.

If homosexuality is a learned behavior, then how exactly did it arise? You would have me believe that there are homosexual cults which while kids are away from their heterosexual parents snare them in and show them how much fun homosexual sex is and this happens so much that the kid begins to think it is ok?
Its like you're saying there is some great conspiracy that manages to suck children in while they are away from other authority.

Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2005
ok, good, so you are not saying something of that nature.

Yep, and in Nigeria, in addition to the drugs, and alternate sexual stuff, some kids even go as far as to date people from other tribes.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by nferyn(m): 12:19am On Nov 03, 2005
nddy:

naw gay people with kids, gays don't need to pollute the mind of kids with their stupid belief, They are insane beings,
Raising the level of the debate, are we? Can you come up with arguments supporting your position?
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by Ediyna(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2005
This is like invitation to the wrath of God. Religiously it's forbidden.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by nferyn(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2005
Ediyna:

Your [i]specific [/i]interpretation of your [i]specific [/i]denomination of your [i]specific [/i]religion may forbid it. This hardly makes it [i]universally [/i]forbidden
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2005
Ediyna:

By, who? According to what scripture?
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by whocares: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2005
I think i'm a pretty tolerant person

I have/know gay friends/people who are wonderful

...but when i think about this i get goose bumps.

No fact, no data, no logic....just me
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by nferyn(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2005
whocares:

I think i'm a pretty tolerant person

I have/know gay friends/people who are wonderful

...but when i think about this i get goose bumps.

No fact, no data, no logic.just me

Then you're probably not as tolerant as you think you were.
Keeping an open mind is a constant struggle against your own demons. Tolerance is a learned behaviour
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by whocares: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2005
@nferyn

Maybe your right, but this world is so damn complex, but i try
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by grailife(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2005
its dirty to hve s** thru the anus n unhealthy, the spiritual state of the person leads them to embrace a sinful lifestyle that is completely devoid of love.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2005
grailife:

its dirty to hve s** through the anus n unhealthy, the spiritual state of the person leads them to embrace a sinful lifestyle that is completely devoid of love.

So, the spiritual state that causes someone to lie makes them completely deviod of love. . . or the state the causes them to commit adultery, or to hit their children, or the one that causes someone to steal. RIGHT?

If you are saying some "sins" are worse than others, you should go read your bible or whatever led you to think such a thing. I'm guessing your post is a big typo.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by chillin(f): 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2005
I simplyyy can't believe u guyz r talkin abt this~!!! homosexuals be allowed to raise kids?? c'mon here the answer is NO plain NO!!..whatz the world turning into geezz! angry
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2005
chillin:

I simplyyy can't believe u guyz r talkin about this~!!! homosexuals be allowed to raise kids?? c'mon here the answer is NO plain NO!!..whatz the world turning into geezz! angry

Reminds me of the racist who said, "whites be allowed to marry blacks? c'mon here, the answer is no, plain NO. What is the world turning into geezz!
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by chillin(f): 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2005
heyy allonym wat u tyna tell me?? u tyna say datz right?? ohhh pls!! juss soo u know dis ain't a matter of racist or no racist!!! itz a fact!! i repeat once again NO plain NO!! this perfectly makes absolutely no sense!!! at all!!!
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by grailife(m): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2005
post deleted on nov26 2005
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2005
grailife:

@allonym--this is a true life story.A 40 yr old man caught after having s** with a 2yrs old baby.the parents of the victim left their child under the care of a homosexual uncle.they came home to see their baby bleeding through his anus and full of sperm.it will be much easier for you to forgive a brother that tell you a lie like>that your grandmother is sick and you sent him some thousand dollar,right?

a pedophile is a pedophile, whether homosexual or not.

You're telling me you'd rather the uncle was heterosexual and he raped a 2 year old female baby? That is the height of stupidity.

That statement itself is one of hatred - saying that homosexuals are pedophiles; reminds me of the racist who said:

"this is a true life story A 40 yr old man caught afters stealing the family jewels. the white parents of the victim allowed their child to marry a black man. they came home to see their home totally robbed and ransacked. it will be much easier for you to marry white trash,right?
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2005
chillin:

heyy allonym what u tyna tell me?? u tyna say datz right?? ohhh please!! juss soo u know this ain't a matter of racist or no racist!!! itz a fact!! i repeat once again NO plain NO!! this perfectly makes absolutely no sense!!! at all!!!

See the post above, that same racist said the same thing I've quoted you saying above.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by Purcell(m): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2005
Children are brought into the world by the union of the male and female. If we want to educate our children correctly, they must surely know the facts about how they came to be in existence. Educated children will of course ask questions, and will undoubtedly ask about the fact that they have "same sex" parents - (I would hope). There is a lot of thought about living in an environment of Love, which is beneficial for the child, but there will be a point when the child has to reconcile the love they are shown against the unnatural love the "Parents" have. Whether or not this gay stuff is learned or otherwise, the fact simply comes down to it that the Penis was not designed for the Anus (even if a heterosexual couple partake in anal sex). If it is not learned, then it may be due to some form of biological contamination of the water, food, or some chain which feeds into the human system that changes the behaviour of the person. I once heard that this was due to contamination of the water tables of the world with female hormones found in disposed sanitary towels, and wipes used and discarded by women. A very interesting subject. Where do we stop as a "Race" on earth. Equal/Human Rights are everywhere. There will come a time when someone demands their right to practice child molestation, (Devil Worship is now allowed on board a British Naval Vessel), and other nasty things, and we will all be afraid to speak out due to some damn "Right"

I really do expect some comment on this folks. Debate, bad, good, indifferent is ALWAYS better than WAR. maybe a good game of Cricket would settle a lot of scores (sorry) in the world. Cricket may be a bad example, as this is a ritual used in the UK to bring rain.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2005
well, i'd like a discussion too, but first, bring up actual points we can discuss. . .not easily dismissed arguments
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by Purcell(m): 12:00am On Nov 15, 2005
I guess the facts you want to discuss will simply lead to justification for gay sex. There is a moral issue here, and no amount of intellectualising will make it right. Maybe you can give us all a frame work / agenda of topics on homosexuality to discuss

1.Learned Homosexuality.
2.Genetic Disorder causing homosexuality.
3. Food additives and their contribution to homo....
etc etc.
4. Climatic conditions and it link with homosexuality.
5. Position of the planets and its contribution to homosexuality.
etc

This debate could go on for years, and someone would be awarded a PhD for it. The same could then apply to Cannibalism and your right to eat meat..... Somewhere along the line, the human race MUST draw a line.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 3:13am On Nov 15, 2005
Purcell:

I guess the facts you want to discuss will simply lead to justification for gay sex. There is a moral issue here, and no amount of intellectualising will make it right. Maybe you can give us all a frame work / agenda of topics on homosexuality to discuss

1.Learned Homosexuality.
2.Genetic Disorder causing homosexuality.
3. Food additives and their contribution to homo....
etc etc.
4. Climatic conditions and it link with homosexuality.
5. Position of the planets and its contribution to homosexuality.
etc

This debate could go on for years, and someone would be awarded a PhD for it. The same could then apply to Cannibalism and your right to eat meat..... Somewhere along the line, the human race MUST draw a line.

Asuming that #s 3, 4 and 5 are jokes, there are many cases of parents raising children in very strict christian homes and the children still were homosexual. Assuming no priest preyed on them as children, it kinda scratches #1. Assuming #2 is correct, is it necessarily a genetic disorder? It is easy to say someone's difference is a disorder - "he's such a color because of genetic defects".
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 3:20am On Nov 15, 2005
In any case, I guess my . . . issue with most of the posts here, and your previous one is not exactly on how homosexuality begins or arises in people, though it does affect some peoples' views somewhat, instead its should homosexuals be allowed to raise children. I don't think anyone has brought up any reasonable arguments why not. Even arguments based on learned behavior don't hold much weight simply due to the sheer numbers of homosexual ppl from avowed heterosexual parents. Arguments based on religion are equally invalid. Even assuming that homosexuals are sinners, christians consider ALL non-christians to be sinners. So, if one were to argue from that standpoint that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to raise children, then they would also have to agree with the statement that ALL sinners cannot raise children. . at which point, NOBODY can raise children - which defeats the purpose of any argument as to who is eligible.

There have been a couple extremely stupid arguments - ppl implying that homosexuals are pedophiles or incestuous, and at best, I would blast anyone making such a blatant and extremely derogatory, stupid, hateful, and rhymes with racist -ist statements. (I wouldn't term this homophobic because that does not necessarily imply hatred, just ignorance).
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by CimonJorr(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2005
There is this question which I guess no one has raised yet.. curious as it is...

"Why would homosexuals want to raise children?? "

It's not like they can naturally pro-create to produce them anyway...

Couples (and here I'm referring to hetero-sexual couples, to prevent any arguments) which are unable to have children often sought remedies to their problem, and as a last resort, opted for adoption.. But usually after they had tried to produce children on their own without success...

Obviously, for homosexual "couples", this can not be the case.. so why the push for children in the first instance??.. If it's a case of companionship, I guess that has been solved already..

One can not 'eat your cake' and have it..
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2005
CimonJorr:

There is this question which I guess no one has raised yet.. curious as it is...

"Why would homosexuals want to raise children?? "

It's not like they can naturally pro-create to produce them anyway...

Couples (and here I'm referring to hetero-sexual couples, to prevent any arguments) which are unable to have children often sought remedies to their problem, and as a last resort, opted for adoption.. But usually after they had tried to produce children on their own without success...

Obviously, for homosexual "couples", this can not be the case.. so why the push for children in the first instance??.. If it's a case of companionship, I guess that has been solved already..

One can not 'eat your cake' and have it..

You just answered your own question. According to you:
I'm sure that after homosexual couples realized they could not have children, as a last resort, they opted for adoption.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by CimonJorr(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2005
Having children is as a result of the need to reproduce..

Homosexuals can not reproduce, so why should the need even be there..

So.. @ Allonym... I have not answered my own question.. your insights would be interesting though..  smiley

allonym:

You just answered your own question. According to you:
I'm sure that after homosexual couples realized they could not have children, as a last resort, they opted for adoption.

ps... I wonder when they (homosexual "couples"wink realised that this would not be possible..
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2005
Going from having children is a result of the need to reproduce,

you would agree with me that all people want to reproduce, both male and female.

So, when a male-female couple cannot reproduce, they adopt.

Similarly, since a female-female couple cannot reproduce or a male-male couple, they must adopt.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by CimonJorr(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2005
Sorry... but your logic doesn't hold..

Male-female couples can reproduce..
Male-Male/Female-Female couples can not.. As they were quite aware of this inability to perform this function, why yearn for something which doesnt come naturally?

If Adoption did not exist, they would not be able to avail themselves of it..

Hence, why do they, or should they for that matter, feel the need to reproduce..

They can have sex, no one is saying that they shouldn't.. and they have each other for companionship.. So it's not a matter of loneliness.. So ?
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2005
if that is the case, then why do male-female couples feel a need to reproduce.

It is you who is not making sense.

Unless you are saying that a male and female DONT feel the need to reproduce until they become a couple.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2005
Female-female couples can have their own children. They just need sperm donors.

Male-male couples can have children too - they just need surrogate mothers.

Sperm donors and surrogate mothers are already being used by male-female couples with reproductive problems. So this is not an issue at all.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by nferyn(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2005
What is natural isn't automatically good or admirable. Agriculture is a very unnatural thing, so is modern medicine.
Re: Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? by allonym: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2005
I'm just trying to show him that the premise of his argument, that people feel a need to reproduce, expains why homosexuals would feel that need. Unless he's saying homosexuals aren't people, which I don't think he's saying. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between An Immature Young Guy And An Older Man / All The Married/single Ladies,I Hope You Commit lookery After Looking At This / What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.