Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. (8381 Views)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service / Opeyemi Enoch Has NOT Solved The Riemann Hypothesis: Didnt Get Any $1M / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by heykims(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Shaw007:
God bless you oh!! I said this same thing on the other thread, and some people that dont like thinking were ready to swallow me!!

Riemann hypothesis solved and its only vanguard and osundefender that knows about it!!! Nothing on BBC, CNN or even The Clay Institue themselves .Very funny, hilarious sh!t

and to think they were already fighting on South West and The yEAST!!! Stupidity is commonplace in this country.
Oh yeh Tribalist bigots, it is now confirmed in d news...
U re a mor-on though...
Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by 1stknight(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
heykims:

How come u've suddenly gone mute?

This will be my first and last reply to you, I have something better to do, I'm a mathematician and you clearly don't know what this hypothesis is. Simple research you can't do, please visit the clay mathematics Institute website to see if the problem is solved, and who gave the one million dollars if not clay mathematics Institute? And BBC quickly changed from "solved" to "claim to have solved". You're very lucky that I replied you.

Edit: I noticed that you have been insulting people, before you do that note that I'm Yoruba from Ogun State. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by MathsChic(f): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
It's highly unlikely that he solved it. And even if he had, it still needs verification from his peers, among whom are Terrence Tao & co. These guys won't let it pad without checking. Only after his peers have checked can we say he has solved it.
Perelman's proof of the Poincare's conjecture went through several stages of verification, with the mathematician visiting several US universities and describing the details of his proof, before a general consensus that he had indeed solved it.

Until his peers come out to say something, he hasn't done nothing. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
MathsChic:
It's highly unlikely that he solved it. And even if he had, it still needs verification from his peers, among whom are Terrence Tao & co. These guys won't let it pad without checking. Only after his peers have checked can we say he has solved it.
Perelman's proof of the Poincare's conjecture went through several stages of verification, with the mathematician visiting several US universities and describing the details of his proof, before a general consensus that he had indeed solved it.

Until his peers come out to say something, he hasn't done nothing. smiley
There's nothing to verify in the first place.
He hasn't uploaded any proof on any peer-review journal.
There's nothing on arXiv.
The only paper is on Academia under his name, which is actually a copy of a paper by someone called Werner Raab.
Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by spacyzuma(m): 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
naga1:
The problem is with the media, they can't tell what is fact from what is noise. Tell them you discovered a new planet, they will start filling the internet with praises like 'Isaac Newton of Nigeria' etc.

Lalasticlala

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by Shaw007(m): 12:14am On Nov 18, 2015
heykims:

Oh yeh Tribalist bigots, it is now confirmed in d news...
U re a mor-on though...
whats this one saying
Re: Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. by Isuata: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2015
most commentators here talk like average educated people.......you all keep shouting simple research- simple research......well simple research without bias will let you know that:
1. CMI cannot remove it from its millenium unsolved problem list until after two years of verification

2. You couldn't find it on November 17th becos it wasn't published and released until Dec 1st

3. and as academics that you claim yourselves to be, shouldn't you wait till you get your hands on the presented paper before you make claims?

I honestly think media has not helped the guy, sensationalism is everywhere- i think the news should been more informative on the fact that:

a. a nigerian has claimed a slution

b. it is to be reviewed by peers for n amount of time

c. CMI will take some years to verify before considering reward

d. hes claim will be released at n date

simple.....no long stories and sadistic, 'pull hi down' nigeiran syndrome

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) / Letter To All Nigerian V.cs / Direct Entry Admission Into University In Cotonou, Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.