Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ (34414 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / FG Cancels Statewide Clean Up Exercise Due To JAMB Mock Exam / Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Mztarstrechy(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2015
THE Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Professor Emmanuel Kucha has said that federal government has reversed the Federal University of Health Sciences approved by immediate past administration in Otukpo, Benue State to a college of medicine at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

Former president Goodluck Jonathan had approved the university of sciences in Otukpo along with other Colleges of Education converted to university on the eve of his exit.

Prior to the approval, University of Agriculture, Makurdi was earlier granted the license to run the college of medicine with the teaching hospital to be located in Otukpo area of Benue state.

But the VC explained at the weekend that federal government had reversed the decision of the federal university of sciences and returned it to a college of medicine in the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

Professor Kucha however said that the take off of the college has been put on hold pending the availability of funds, saying, 'as am talking to you, federal government has reversed the approval of past administration establishing university of health sciences in Otukpo, it has been reversed to college of medicine, university of Agriculture, Makurdi'.

"As of now we are sourcing for funds to develop the college of medicine", adding that the college we take off as soon as the institution get funds to kick start the college.

Speaking on his efforts at generating funds to meet the challenges in the institution, the Vice Chancellor noted that his administration has stepped up the internally generated revenue with the expansion of crop farming where hundreds bags of rice, corns, soya beans and other farm produce were cultivated, so also was the establishment of table water project which he said had improved the institution's revenue.

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/11/federal-government-cancels-federal.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by iliyande(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2015
We need more universities, not cancellation Mr. President.

I think the government need to be educated on education grin

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2015
They dont even have enough funds to run College of Medicine,they want to run University.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by apoti(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2015
Very good move by the FG!

It's only in Nigeria that Polytechnics and Colleges are struggling to be at par with Universities. The three educational institutions serve different purposes and have very different curricula.

I graduated from a Polytechnic (HND) before proceeding to a University for my Bachelors, and I can tell there's a huge difference between the two.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by vinnex: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2015
From unset there was no need locating a college of Health Sciences in Otukpo. University of Agriculture Makurdi owns large areas of land which are yet to be develop. If not for the greed of some selfish politicians. The university need a college of Medicine with its teaching hospital all located on the same portion of land.
Thanks to our president who has a good thought.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Aufbauh(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2015
I knew it was one of David Mark cosmetic arrangements under GEJ to arouse feelings of false hope amongst his supporters in Idoma land thereby perpetuating his lordship over the people.
My inquiry & understanding of the college site is that, the sustainability of the school is not feasible at the short while but a mere hogwash for political patronage.
Now that the chicken has come to roast, the anus of the foul is exposed. I know he will still reinvent another lies to cover up just like the APA state myth.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by CR77(f): 11:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Chai Buhari cool Why na

11 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by KomradeKorsche: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Negative Change

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by damton(m): 11:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Good move.

You don't just change the name of an institution to another just because you want to upgrade it, but you change mode of operation, facilities and infrastructure to upgrade such institution to such heights.

my opinion

10 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by ikombe: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2015
END TIME undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by CR77(f): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by lasisi69(f): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
End time
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by 201320142015ob(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
[i][/i][b][/b]not fair[color=#770077][/color]
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by CR77(f): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
lasisi69:
End time
ikombe:
END TIME undecided
Two of you Receive Sense

16 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
I Like Buhari though I Love GEJ

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Hawlahscho(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
[size=50pt]LWKMD[/size]

Their students should take this UTME ASAP grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by allanphash7(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sone dullard will soon be calling PMB names now

Let me sit here to read abuses from children of hate

12 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Guyman02: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
''so also was the establishment of table water project which he said had improved the institution's revenue.''

Abeg how much revenue will the university get from 'pure water' business to establish a college of medicine? I frown in Japanese angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by efilefun(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
One of the numerous issues Nigeria education got is the rate of mushroom universities producing half baked graduates who keep littering the employment market.

KomradeKorsche:
Negative Change
Everyone knows the university was awarded rights because of GEJ's second term ambition, it's better to have few but quality institutions not universities that can't stand next to foreign secondary schools
The only people I pity here is the students who have wasted their money and time going to an unapproved school

7 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by mrlaw93(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari's body language.. who is that minister of education sef!

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by free2ryhme: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Medical students don enter one chance lipsrsealed
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Goldencollins: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari why?

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Seunaj05(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
B
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by free2ryhme: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
When two elephants fight grass suffers
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by richidinho(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
lack of funds?

i thought Nigeria was broke due to corruption

even now that we have saints in Govt.?
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by honeygirl17: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by McBrooklyn(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by onyepapa(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
What a shame angry so the idomas will remain slaves to the tivs forever It's really a shame!!! Anyways it's part of the change they voted for

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by lmm4real: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
I don't know what to say.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Cancels Federal University Of Health Sciences In Otukpo Approved By GEJ by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Political power play at work....
Hope GEJ govt policies in agric sector are not reversed

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Mention One Crazy Thing You Did In Secondary School / Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.