Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? (13706 Views)

Ipob Attack Yorubas In Aba / NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi / A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
superstar1:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Actually there are no yorubas there.

You only have the Igbos as 85% of the 2 states, Mandingos 5%, Zulus 5%, Ewe 1%, Fon 1% Xhosas 1% others 7%.

Are you happy now?

@Aare and IlekeHD -- Nice job.

How would you feel if some MB guys begin to say that there are no Yorubas in the MB that all Yorubas there are visitors? Imagine, especially when that land has abundant natural resources.

Look at Bishop David Oydepo from Kwara state, how can someone now say that he should go back to SW that Yorubaland ends in SW?

How can you tell Yorubas in their ancestral lands in Kwara that they are visitors?

This is the type of argument some 'We SS' people are bringing up. Just imagine...

2 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Royal155:
Since they said Igbos in Delta and River states are not Igbos, Yorubas and in Kwara and Kogi states are also not yorubas. Simple!!

Just imagine the folly of the cursed 'We SS' mofos. I smh..

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by superstar1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

How would you feel if some MB guys begin to say that there are Yorubas in the MB that all Yorubas there are visitors? Imagine, especially when that land has abundant natural resources.

Look at Bishop David Oydepo from Kwara state, how can someone now say that he should go back to SW that Yorubaland ends in SW?

How can you tell Yorubas in their ancestral lands in Kwara that they are visitors?

This is the type of argument some 'We SS' people are bringing up. Just imagine...

No one can tell yorubas anywhere, be it Kwara or Kogi or Benin. Republic or Togo that they are visitors on their forefathers land because they know their history and their history was properly handed over to them.

That can only happen to people that do not have history.

6 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
superstar1:

No one can tell yorubas anywhere, be it Kwara or Kogi or Benin. Republic or Togo that they are visitors on their forefathers land because they know their history and their history was properly handed over to them.

That can only happen to people that do not have history.

Good.

We know how parts of Abia & Imo were carved out to join Rivers and some mofos are now calling our people in their phantom SS visitors.

See our people in Asaba which is in Delta state, part of niger delta then someone will say they are visitors.

May Satan destroy truckpusher, tonyebarcanista and other ogogoro drinking bats from the creeks.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by sexaddict08(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Yes, I'm proudly Okun cool
so u be okun thug?

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by akins56(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
modath:

Despite not liking to comment on threads designed to cause tribal strife, I couldn't but chip iin this..

Unlike when the Ibos lay claim to "their people" in other parts of the nation, the yoruba don't expressly lay claim to the OBVIOUS YORUBA OKUN & ORO, OFFA etc they are the ones to speak up & Seek to be in the COMMONWEALTH..

I believe that is the foundation of the endless back & forth arguments, accusation, e war etc.
you just spoke my mind ma'am, we yoruba's in the SW do not lay claim to the yoruba's outside of SW, infact we have some kind of funny names we refer to them as, they are the ones always wishing to be part of the yoruba commonwealth, we no dey woo anybody!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by meforyou1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

This is why I love to seek knowledge from you Sir

Its difficult to find intelligent posters like you these days
sharap fool. I meant Okun and I corrected it. Abobaku

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by meforyou1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
akins56:
you just spoke my mind ma'am, we yoruba's in the SW do not lay claim to the yoruba's outside of SW, infact we have some kind of funny names we refer to them as, they are the ones always wishing to be part of the yoruba commonwealth, we no dey woo anybody!

That still does not give anybody the right to tell the Yorubas in Kwara that they visitors, that Yorubaland ends in SW.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
meforyou1:
sharap fool. I meant Okun and I corrected it. Abobaku

You this boy eh

Why do you hate me? grin grin

C'mon cheer up! Cheer up Michael! Don't be a stubborn boy

Okay I will buy you shinwin gum grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by StuntingBlack(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

How would you feel if some MB guys begin to say that there are no Yorubas in the MB that all Yorubas there are visitors? Imagine, especially when that land has abundant natural resources.

EUROBOMBER

Accept it if people say So.

Last we know, you Ibos tell us to our face that Lagos is 'no-man's-land'. What's the lie if an Ijaw tells PH is not iboland?... or is it?

Sebi Lagos na nomans lands?...But Asaba is Iboland by force.... . Una never see anything!!!! grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by raumdeuter: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Good.
We know how parts of Abia & Imo were carved out to join Rivers and some mofos are now calling our people in their phantom SS visitors.
See our people in Asaba which is in Delta state, part of niger delta then someone will say they are visitors.
May Satan destroy truckpusher, tonyebarcanista and other ogogoro drinking bats from the creeks.

You know Rivers state predates any of Imo and Abia states?

So how does this assertion make sense.?

BTW when you see your people in FESTAC, Amuwo odofin in 50yrs time someone would come and say the same thing about those places

5 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
raumdeuter:

You know Rivers state predates any of Imo and Abia states?

So how does this assertion make sense.?

BTW when you see your people in FESTAC, Amuwo odofin in 50yrs time someone would come and say the same thing about those places

The fact is that there are Igbos in parts of SS specifically Rivers and Delta states so nobody should say there are no Igbos there.

I have no problem with the so-called SS people but they must recognise the the SS is made up of many ethnic group and we have a sizeable number of Igbos among them.

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by akins56(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That still does not give anybody the right to tell the Yorubas in Kwara that they visitors, that Yorubaland ends in SW.
you are right, but don't you think its right to allow the people choose the ethnic group that they felt they belongs to ? Nobody should tell anyone he or she belongs to another tribe they felt they belongs to, its wrong.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The fact is that there are Igbos in parts of SS specifically Rivers and Delta states so nobody should say there are no Igbos there.

I have no problem with the so-called SS people but they must recognise the the SS is made up of many ethnic group and we have a sizeable number of Igbos among them.

Simple.

Are there no Ibos in FESTAC, Amuwo Odofin Ibadan Akure etc? Some have been there for over 60yrs. Infact a sizable number of SWesterners like 85% are Ibos (from my research on NL)

So what makes it different from the SS

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
akins56:
you are right, but don't you think its right to allow the people choose the ethnic group that they felt they belongs to ? Nobody should tell anyone he or she belongs to another tribe they felt they belongs to, its wrong.

some of them opened threads and voiced out that they are Igbos only for the cursed 'We SS' mofos to start shouting at them to relocate to the SE that they are visitors in their phantom SS. What the fvck?

Is it by force to be 'We SS' again

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
raumdeuter:

Are there no Ibos in FESTAC, Amuwo Odofin Ibadan Akure etc? Some have been there for over 60yrs. Infact a sizable number of SWesterners like 85% are Ibos (from my research on NL)

So what makes it different from the SS

These lands I am talking about like Asaba in Delta state, Egema and Obigbo in Rivers states.

I am not good at data analysis but guys have trashed that here.

pazienza, Obiagu1, Ikechu1278, Duru1 pls assist.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Lobolintin(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
meforyou1:
osun is a distinct tribe. They are not Yorubas one bit.
I have a lot of osun friends. So say something else

Osun or Okun ??
Okun ooooo pe,ka,ke, ekunrabo pe,, Okun ooooo ke ka pa
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by meforyou1(m): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lobolintin:

Osun or Okun ??
Okun ooooo pe,ka,ke, ekunrabo pe,, Okun ooooo ke ka pa
osogbo
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by georjay(m): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
well yorubas dominates kwara state generally
from the governor to the senators to the house assembly members and so on...more so Yoruba indigenes are more than the so called gambaris
to me kwara is south west buh kogi is not

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
I have it on good authority that kwara state as presently known belong to the Urhobos. Kogi belong to the Ibibios. Ekiti belong to the Itsekiris. Oyo belong to the Ijaws along with Osun. Delta belong to fulani, Rivers and Akwa Ibom belong to the Igalas, Cross river, Edo and Bayelsa states are the ancestral lands of the Yorubas. And Lagos belongs to know one. It was originally the territory of Adam who is the father of all. I'm sorry Binis, you have no land in Nigeria. But you can try Benin republic

Everybody should prepare to return to their lands.

Truckpusher take note

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by IlekeHD: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You this boy ehn

Why do you hate me? grin grin

Common cheer up! Cheer up Michael! Don't be a stubborn boy

Okay I will buy you shinwin gum grin cheesy

No be you collect him osogbo girlfriend grin
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Truckpusher(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have it on good authority that kwara state as presently known belong to the Urhobos. Kogi belong to the Ibibios. Ekiti belong to the Itsekiris. Oyo belong to the Ijaws along with Osun. Delta belong to fulani, Rivers and Akwa Ibom belong to the Igalas, Cross river, Edo and Bayelsa states are the ancestral lands of the Yorubas. And Lagos belongs to know one. It was originally the territory of Adam who is the father of all. I'm sorry Binis, you have no land in Nigeria. But you can try Benin republic

Truckpusher take note
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by StuntingBlack(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fellas, let's put these nincompoops to shame Jane.

The essence of the thread is to drag Yorubas into their 'SS ibos' madness. We all know the SS is multi ethnic, but some of these psychos called Igbos insist on lumping SSners into their madness. They like to scream "Lagos na nomans land" to the high heavens, but now that the missing screws in their heads are a bit tightened, they remember some kits and kins in SS while calling a land faraway their homes nomans land.

Can't you see these ones are WERE ALASO LACE!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by dazzlingd(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
kwara state as we know today has been carved out into the MB and not SW.

My question goes thus, is kwara state Yoruba land and are there Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi?

The floor is open.
yes. There are yourbas in Kogi...Full blooded yourbas
but they are minority compared to the other tribes there.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Osomalo(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
This is one of the craziest threads I have ever read, so funny a thread.

Aare and Ileke,weldone oooo. You guys are clowns.

At OP, don't let some dudes get under your skin. Let those people you are fighting for decide for themselves.

We Yorubas are not forcing any Yoruba outside SW to join us, the door is left opened, we expect them to come inside. We won't drag them inside.

There was a country indeed, Nigeria is a complex country.

Lord Have Mercy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by StuntingBlack(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Truckpusher take note

cheesy cheesy grin

Your SS land grabbers won't like this..... especially the concept of nomans land.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by meforyou1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

which Yoruba has ancestral land in kwara? Kwara north is owned and dominated by fulanis while Kwara south - patigi, lafiafigi and jebba is owned and are 99% nupe. Any Yoruba you see in Kwara is a migrant

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by dazzlingd(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
coolzeal:
I don't think so @op. Yoruba's are only found in the West and not Middle Belt, besides I thought there's an Emir in Kwara state which is technically a Fulani/Hausa Monarch.

The Yoruba's are keen to tell someone that bears Chukwudi in the South South that he's not Igbo just because the region has oil. Bloody hypocrites and deceitful people.
you only speak to the best of your knowledge

I tell u, Yorubas are in Kogi state and kwara
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by meforyou1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
dazzlingd:

yes. There are yourbas in Kogi...Full blooded yourbas
but they are minority compared to the other tribes there.
there are no ethnic Yorubas In kogi. U only have Igala, igbirra and okun

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Abagworo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Simple.

Igbos never see something. When you choose the wrong battle, you will always be at the receiving end.

Nnamdi Kanu used radio Biafra to fight Igbos with opposing view and he is no different from most of you on Nairaland. Same mistake Ojukwu made cost Igbos most of the Igbo speaking part of Rivers State. After your IPOB war I guarantee you will lose much of Imo State.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Changes From 'Aso Rock' To 'NigeriaGov' On Twitter (Photos) / Governors Shun Economic Council For Amaechi / Jonathan’s Administration Increased The Activities Of Terrorists – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.