Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? (716 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by Honestly1: 4:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Honestly, me i don't just understand the meaning of this Biafra thing. I feel that our nation is still struggling and on her way to sanity, growth and development, why would some people just wake up one day and start supporting an idea of carving ou another country from a country that is barely 70 years. Can't we just all sit down for a minute and have a serious talk about this where everyone will air their opinion and work things out? Or do the igbos really think they can survive on their own? Do they even know what it is to start a country? Besides the people gingering youths to go out ad protest will never send their children to do such... Please give your honest opinion thanks.
Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 17, 2015
I may sound unpopular but methinks the best option for the Igbo is not Biafra but reentrance. Reentrance into Nigeria by way of reorienting the next generation of Igbos. I say this for three reasons 1. Given the population of the Igbos and the land mass available to them it is inconceivable they will not need to exist in diaspora-and in large numbers too! 2. Chinua Achebe had this to say -"There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend; by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness." Correct this and the age long tendency to distrust The Igbos harbored by many will vanish into the resultant convivial amity. 3. I'll miss Igbo cuisine and my Igbo brethren whom I'll require a visa to access should they insist on leaving! So long!

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by UnclePati: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2015
u r drinking panadol for another person's head ace. have they not been surviving under ur zoo marginalisation.

bros go and die abeg. go hug a live transformer or u jump from 200ft mountain.

let biafrans be. marry ur Northern husbands we no disturb u.

Enjoy ur Love life with Awusa fooolani. we simply say No..#wenowant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2015
Honestly1:
Honestly, me i don't just understand the meaning of this Biafra thing. I feel that our nation is still struggling and on her way to sanity, growth and development, why would some people just wake up one day and start supporting an idea of carving ou another country from a country that is barely 70 years. Can't we just all sit down for a minute and have a serious talk about this where everyone will air their opinion and work things out? Or do the igbos really think they can survive on their own? Do they even know what it is to start a country? Besides the people gingering youths to go out ad protest will never send their children to do such... Please give your honest opinion thanks.

Why did Nigeria throw away the confab report done like over 3 times now.
Almost 70 years Nigeria is still struggling? Just hear yourself very well.
Biafra has done it before, they can do it better this time and sure they can stand like a solid nation developed under maximum of 70 years.
The other day I heard a Prince on media leading the protest by himself.
Nnamdi is a prince too leading Biafra agitation. So I don't know what you are talking about by saying those people gingering the youth. Like say you know anyone.

My final verdict should be that you should learn how to mind your business.
Leave biafrans alone.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by orunto27: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2015
It's not necessary. It's a Conspiracy, an unnecessary distraction, a waste of time and resources to tear this Country apart. Above all, it's a mad, uncivilized and seditious way to agitate for any Rights. We have seen it deliberately complicating bokoharam insurgency and also engineering Fulani Herdsmen chicanery. If the Igbos have Righteous Elders and know that they constitute 18 percent of the ethnic spread of this great Country, those Elders should stop this wasteful agitation immediately and seek other sane and ingenious cooperations to move Nigeria forward. God helps us all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by kettykin: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Any group or groups that wants to leave should leave.
Of what use is going to United nation meeting in new York to champion the causes and interest of the people of Palestinian state only for you to come back to Nigeria and tell the world that the same thing does not apply to biafra

3 Likes

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by kingzizzy: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
Honestly1:

The reason you see things the way you do is because you think you have a nation. You don't. What you have is the 'forced conscription' of ethnic nationalities into an unholy union by white men. You are only a 'Nigerian' because Lord Lugard made you one.

The Igbo nation is a tribe of over 40 million people, much lager than most African countries, so tell me why we Igbos should be in Nigeria?

Ghana is country of 28 million people but have their own country. So why should Igbos who are much larger not have their own country? What connects me as an Igbo man with a Yoruba or Hausa man? Lord Lugard? I want my own country, I want to administer my own affairs, I want to control the resources of my land, I want my own embassies, I want my capital closer to home and not far away Abuja, I want to choose my own name and not the one Lugards girlfriend chose for me.

I know as an Igbo man that I can survive without Nigeria, my ancestors survived when there was no Nigeria and so will I. I also believe in the ingenuity of my Igbo nation.

But the biggest reason I want my own country is that Nigeria has not worked as a nation in 55 years and it is time for me to attempt something different. Nigeria is a representatiion of modern day slavery when people have no right to decide if they want to be Nigerian or not. Yet, we are living witness that Britain, which created Nigeria, granted Scotland the right to decide if they want to be British or not. Self determination is a right, not a privilege

5 Likes

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by brize(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2015
kingzizzy:

The reason you see things the way you do is because you think you have a nation. You don't. What you have is the 'forced conscription' of ethnic nationalities into an unholy union by white men. You are only a 'Nigerian' because Lord Lugard made you one.

The Igbo nation is a tribe of over 40 million people, much lager than most African countries, so tell me why we Igbos should be in Nigeria?

Ghana is country of 28 million people but have their own country. So why should Igbos who are much larger not have their own country? What connects me as an Igbo man with a Yoruba or Hausa man? Lord Lugard? I want my own country, I want administer my own affairs, I want to control the resources of my land, I want my own embassies, I want my capital closer to home and not far away, I want to choose my own name and not the one Lugards girlfriend chose for me.

I know as an Igbo man that I can survive without Nigeria, my ancestors survived when there was no Nigeria and so will I.

But the biggest reason I want my own country is that Nigeria has not worked as a nation in 55 years and it is time for me to attempt something different. Nigeria is a representatiion of modern day slavery when people have no right to decide if they want to Nigerian or not. Yet, we living witness that Britain, which created Nigeria, granted Scotland the right to decide if they want to be British or not. Self determination is a right, not a privilege
Hey you lazy black man who cant reason more than a baboon or a monkey, just come in and take a clue from this reasonable comment and stop arguing childishly and blindly..... Africa people is poor and useless because they abandoned right reasoning and bring in sentiments and emotions..... Once again take a clue from his comment and be wise.....
All hail Biafra
Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by Msauza(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2015
kingzizzy:

Ghana is country of 28 million people but have their own country. So why should Igbos who are much larger not have their own country? What connects me as an Igbo man with a Yoruba or Hausa man? Lord Lugard? I want my own country, I want to administer my own affairs, I want to control the resources of my land, I want my own embassies, I want my capital closer to home and not far away Abuja, I want to choose my own name and not the one Lugards girlfriend chose for me.

I know as an Igbo man that I can survive without Nigeria, my ancestors survived when there was no Nigeria and so will I. I also believe in the ingenuity of my Igbo nation.

But the biggest reason I want my own country is that Nigeria has not worked as a nation in 55 years and it is time for me to attempt something different. Nigeria is a representatiion of modern day slavery when people have no right to decide if they want to be Nigerian or not. Yet, we are living witness that Britain, which created Nigeria, granted Scotland the right to decide if they want to be British or not. Self determination is a right, not a privilege

Well said.

#BringBackBiafra
Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by demielvis: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2015
OP i dont really get ur point.
Do you think Biafrans are fools that they cant make a country?
You blame them for every evil that happen to nigeria.
You call them all sort of evil names.
You hate them and tell them to leave your country.
They agree and want to leave you.
You REFUSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by davo3286: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2015
Another paid confusionist @Honestly1. Yorubas/hausa fulanis are really trying hard paying some idiatic low-lifers to discourage BIAFRANS but, hey, they have failed already. Who are you to tell a people what's best and what's not best for them? Who are you to tell them (BIAFRANS) what is necessary and what isn't? Op, you deserve to be stoned to death.
Re: Do You Really Think The Agitation For Biafra Is Necessary? by Snipespeter: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2015
"before i came to biafra,i was told that biafrans fought like heroes but now i know that heroes fight like biafrans"raymond offroy,french ambassador

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Excerpts On Military Coups In Nigeria By Ogunjide Tunde (saaog) / Can A Non Nigerian Register For REMITA? / Army Says Zakzaky, Wife Were Rescued Not Arrested; In "Protective Custody"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.