Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (19939 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
Nanai:

Salaam. A woman was fasting and just during magrib she felt her period. She wasn't sure, though and she had no access to the toilet until about 15 minutes later; and she saw the her period had infact started. The problem is she doesn't know when it started.It might have been during magrib or immediately after or even before. Should she make up for the fast? And what about the magrib prayer she missed? she's making up for ramadan.
She does not need to make up for the fast, since the period was not confirmed before magrib (the breaking of fast is at magrib).
And since we don't make up salats for the sake of periods, there is nothing to worry about regarding the magrib prayer.

My alfas will take care of this. Just trying.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2010
@fayezik- lol, nawa 4u o, it is just an instruction from our Creator and we have to obey it. Allah knows best
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2010
Did I post something wrong? pls let me know. I don't know much, and i will appreciate corrections.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ok sorry, just that it sound funny. Your reason may be among the thousand advantages of iddah.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abu, clap for me now, at least I know one of them, and that's why i posted it. Wanted to make sure that it's one of the reasons. And now that u confirmed it. Alhamdulillahi.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
*clapping*
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Jazakallah.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
Did u c Nanai's post about the woman who was fasting and came on her period? pls reply to that.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
@nanai- if you don't know when your period started till magrib some islamic Scholars believe you don't have to make it up,
as for Fasting, fasting is fard, if you can't recall when the period started then you will make up the fasting, mind you salat is exempted and no make up is follow but as for per fasting it is obligatory you will make it up after your period
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nanai: 10:55pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abu Zola I'm confused!Please explain more.The period must have started immediately before or during magrib. Please add some reference from the Qur'an and/or Sunnah. Jazakallahu Khair.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
Did you pray magrib or not ?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
Since u are offline let me address the issue this way,
since it came before/during magrib which you are uncertain then what you do is you will assume it came before magrib,
There is no sin for ignorant or forgetfulness Quran 2:286
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
As for the fasting you will make it up, sahih muslim, hadith 180 - menstruating women recompense their fasting while for the prayer is not recompense
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nanai: 12:44am On Jan 21, 2010
Thank You.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
FayeZik:

Thanks Lagboy, alhamdulillahi, we are all doing fine. My regards to your family too.
I was directed to the thread where u are answering 'ifyalways' Qs about islam. Very interesting Qs and As, I am learning a lot. Allahuma Robbi sidna ilima. (Amin) .

Correct me if I'm wrong. Re: the waiting peiod (of either the divorce or death). The reason for the wait is to allow enuf time to make sure that the woman is not pregnant before the divorce/death . So that there will not be any story/rumor about legitimate/illegitimate child later on.

Oh yeah the thread alihamdulilah is a very beneficial thread to all, thanks to IFY who had been sincere in her questions and understanding. Who directed you to it?

You are right one of the reasons is to detect pregnancy as three menstrual cycle is enough to indicate this and Allah even talked in reference to them not concealing pregnancy. You are very right Aunty Fayzik, wink and i am clapping for you grin another reason is to give the couple a chance to come together again as divorce is always a last resort but the marriage has to be given every chance to succeed.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 3:12am On Jan 23, 2010
@Lagosboy

Was directed from the thread where Muhsin was voted the poster of the year.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2010
@sis zayhal

Please did you have chance to find out about the permission to go out thingy as i would like to know as well and update my knowledge.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
Salaam brothers and sisters
My 16y/o daughter is asking for my permission to have her nose pierced. I have a mixed feeling about this, hence idon't know what to tell her, I asked her to give me a week to think about it, at the end of the one week, i still do not know what to say. Right now, i'm tipping to say yes but i'm wondering if it's 1) morally okay, and 2) islamically appropriate. What's your take on this?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
FayeZik:

Salaam brothers and sisters
My 16y/o daughter is asking for my permission to have her nose pierced. I have a mixed feeling about this, hence idon't know what to tell her, I asked her to give me a week to think about it, at the end of the one week, i still do not know what to say. Right now, i'm tipping to say yes but i'm wondering if it's 1) morally okay, and 2) islamically appropriate. What's your take on this?
woooow shocked

you have a 16 year old.

smiley
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2010
Yes Mukina, pls don't ban this grandma from NL o. I am learning a lot about Islam from you guys as well as having fun with my NL families. My oldest is 30y/o
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
Your oldest child is 30 yrs ? ALLAHU Akbar, put us in my prayer o.

@mama fayezik- no offence in piercing the nose, let me quickly search a hadith or verse.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2010
FayeZik:

Yes Mukina, pls don't ban this grandma from NL o. I am learning a lot about Islam from you guys as well as having fun with my NL families. My oldest is 30y/o
shocked shocked
wwwwooooow
i'll refer to you as aunty now from now on smiley

thats not a reason to ban anyone na. smiley
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mukina you too be mama now
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
I know age is not a factor on any forum, just joking about the ban. I'm a people person, i hang around young and old, male and female and i respect them all.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by AbuZola3(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2010
Couldn't find any hadith. A fatwah by ibn uthaymin says it is permissible check this book Majmo fatwa ibn uthaymin volume 11,

we have some few scholars that says it is not permissible,
you will be surprise to know that the shafi'i school of taught says piercising of ear for ear ring is not permissible while hambali school of taught says it is permissible.

You ve the right to choose what suit you between the two parties.

Also we have hadith that says the holy Prophet wore is ring on his left hand, in another hadith it says it was on the right.

My point is we have different views and opine on ijma, so anyone you feel is comfortable for you you choose similitude to offering you a red pen and a blue pen and ask to choose one, you choose which one you feel it is good for u. It is only the Quran that is perfect without different view. Allahu alam
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
Thank u, Abu. I appreciate it. She will be so happy if i give her the green light.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abu Zola:

Your oldest child is 30 yrs ? ALLAHU Akbar, put us in my prayer o.

Everyone is in my prayer already, may Allah answer all our prayers.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ronkeenuf(f): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
Mama Fayezik,

One thing I admire my mum for is that she gave me a free hand and trusted me to act right after she had instilled in me the basics of morals. She allowed me bring home friends and party so far as I let her know before time and she has the IV too. Now that I am almost free of her, those things dont freak me and I'm no longer interested in the frivolities of the world. Essence of my post is that its those things our parents dont allow us do that most of us end up doing when we are free of them. Now my mum begs me to use make up which I'm not interested in, unlike when I just got of secondary school and I wanted to do all the hairstyles and polish my nails as many times as I could.

May Allah help you raise your children to be righteous and successful, Amin.

and, ehm, Mama I also need the prayers too, Jakakumlah Khayran in advance,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by MUNEER2(m): 11:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
At least, our sisters are enjoying this thread for now, no kufar yet trivialize issue grin
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 2:03am On Jan 27, 2010
@ ronkeenuf
Thanks for the tips, I will remember that.

We all need prayers, and I believe that if we don't stop calling on Him, He will shower his mercy and blessings on us.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2010
MUNEER2:

At least, our sisters are enjoying this thread for now, no kufar yet trivialize issue grin
Yeah, and if they show up with bad attitude, we can repel them by ignoring their posts.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by MUNEER2(m): 4:05am On Jan 28, 2010
FayeZik:

Yeah, and if they show up with bad attitude, we can repel them by ignoring their posts.
Yes, but some still tend to provoke you badly to the extent of making you speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.