Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (19946 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2010
auntymi,fayezik,leave them awon alayonuso,ekedide somebody,dnt make them derail this beautiful realistic thread
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ayettymama(f): 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
lolz

i quoted the quran??

why are u getting upset with that??
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by GODSON2009(m): 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2010
FayeZik:

Yetty
Thanks for your input, but you may want to consider opening another thread "are men superior to women?"
To answer that - Yes they are, and all those Quranic quotes support my answer.

sorry to barge into your thread but thanks for clarifying that islam supports objectifying women,gender in equality e.t.c
uplawal will understand byexxxxx
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by deols(f): 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
Salam alykm,

I dont think a man needs a reason to practice polygamy. He is allowed to and can.I only wish there are laws to compel men to do the right things especially justice among their wives in terms of everything. If they'd been doing it the right way we wont be scared of it.Normally, they should be more scared than we are-of the great responsibility polygamy puts on em,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by deols(f): 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
I have a question.

Someone once told me the removal of boy hair is not allowed.I want to know how true this is
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
explain it better,wa lekum salam sister
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by deols(f): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2010
@uPLAWAL,
i mean body hair.That apart from the pubic and arm pit hair,no hair is to be removed.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by iwaboy: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2010
My sister, whoever has said that needs to provide evidence for it. The Standing Committee was asked:
What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body; if it is permissible, then who is allowed to do that for her? They answered:
It is permissible for her (to remove) everything except her eyebrows and the hair on her head; it is not permissible for her to remove those, or to remove anything from the eyebrows whether by shaving or any other means. She, her husband or one of her mahrams may do that for her, with regard to the parts of the body that they are permitted to see; or another woman may do that, with regard to the parts of the body that she is permitted to see. This is by
‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Igonih(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hello house, to beggin with I am not aginst islam or christianity o just that i am tired of all the atricities commited on fellow human based on religion no religion has the right to take the life of a person man is greedy and its a shame.
I am here cos my sister is intrested in becomming a moslem woman though her husband does not agree cos like me he thinks religion enslaves a person I want to help her connect to a true moslem sister here that will talk to her about islam as it pertains to a woman email her on my email igonih@yahoo.com please only moslem sisters or anyone who has a genuine intrest in her welfare should email thanks.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by iwaboy: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2010
Throughout history religion has been abused and misunderstood. Some people use it as a means of exploitation and suppression, as a pretext for prejudice and persecution. Some other people use it as a source of power and domination over the elite and the
masses alike. In the name of religion unjustifiable wars have been launched, freedom of thought and conscience has been oppressed, science has been persecuted, the right of the individual to maturity has been denied, and man’ s dignity and honour have been
flagrantly debased. And in the name of religion an injustice has been inflicted upon humanity with the result that religion itself has suffered many losses. These are historical facts which no one can deny. But is this the proper function of religion or the right approach to religion?
Could this be the purpose of religion? The indisputable answer is an emphatic no. There are many religions in the world, and
each one claims to be the one and only true religion. Each religion is supposed to have come from God for the right guidance of man. But these claims contradict each other and have caused dissensions among people and vehement reactions to religion – instead of welding mankind into one universal brotherhood under the One Universal Benevolent God. This situation makes any neutral observer confused and perhaps averse to all kinds of religion.
But, come to think of it, could it be possible that Islam, whose light ended the Dark Ages in Europe, now propound the advent of an age of terror? Could a faith that has over 1.2 billion followers the word over, and 7 million in America, actually advocate the killing and maiming of innocent people? Could Islam, whose name itself stands for “peace” and “submission to Allah”, encourage its adherents to work for death and destruction?
For too long, we have relied on images in the popular media for answers to these pertinent questions. It is important we look at the sources of Islam.
Islam considers all life forms as sacred. However, the sanctity of human life is accorded a special place. The first and foremost basic right of a human being is the right to live. The Qur’an says: “…if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or(and) to spread mischief in the land- it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone save a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.”[Qur’an Chapter 5 verse 32]
Such is the value of a single human life, that the Qur’an equates the taking of a single human life unjustly, with killing of all humanity. Thus, the Qur’an prohibits homicide in clear terms. The taking of a criminal’s life by the state in order to administer justice is required to uphold the rule of law, and the peace and security of the society. Only a proper and competent court can decide whether an individual has forfeited his right to life by his disregard of the right to life and peace of other human beings.
So, get it clear, religion (Islam) does not enslave but liberates people. If any Muslim is reported to have destroy a person’s life, it is either a baseless propaganda against Islam or the Muslim in question does not understand the teachings of Islam.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2010
I want 2 ask dem 'muslim women' a questn even though am not one.y do y'al wear dis long dres dat covers ur head,ears,neck down 2 ur knees.dat aside,u wil even wear long skirt.infact some go as fas as wearing black socks even in d heat.sometyms i feel sory 4 dem.hey dnt get me wrong.am nt a fan of indecent dresing bt i min,dnt u tink dose cloths r 2 much just 4 a persn,especialy durin hot seasn.i wana know d reasn 4 such funy dresin n y d socks
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
Cos we are not supposed to be attracted to no man except our hubby,and we are commanded to dress that way by our creator,also just to prevent zina
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2010
so does it min it is until u cover ur nose,eyes,feet down 2 ur legs dat u r decently dressed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked even with BLACK SOCKS shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ronkeenuf(f): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2010
kulyie:

I want 2 ask dem 'muslim women' a questn even though am not one.y do y'al wear dis long dres dat covers your head,ears,neck down 2 your knees.dat aside,u wil even wear long skirt.infact some go as fas as wearing black socks even in d heat.sometyms i feel sory 4 dem.hey dnt get me wrong.am nt a fan of indecent dresing bt i min,dnt u tink dose cloths r 2 much just 4 a persn,especialy durin hot seasn.i wana know d reasn 4 such funy dresin n y d socks

That way they are not appealing to your husband / boyfriend. Dont feel sorry for them cos they are fulfilled and contented the way they are. What's funny is that they feel sorry for those who dont dress like them tongue
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by iwaboy: 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
I want 2 ask dem 'muslim women' a questn even though am not one.y do y'al wear dis long dres dat covers your head,ears,neck down 2 your knees.dat aside,u wil even wear long skirt.infact some go as fas as wearing black socks even in d heat.sometyms i feel sory 4 dem.hey dnt get me wrong.am nt a fan of indecent dresing bt i min,dnt u tink dose cloths r 2 much just 4 a persn,especialy durin hot seasn.i wana know d reasn 4 such funy dresin n y d socks

Women often have been used as objects of pleasure, means of entertainment, and material for advertising.Million of thanx to Muslim Women who have distinguished themselves esp with the way they dress.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Asalam alaykum,

What's the ruling on celebrating anniversaries, like wedding anniversary. Note: I don't mean celebrating in the sense of throwing a large party and stuff. Just an in-house thing with your hubby or you two going out to have a nice time together. is this permissible?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by iwaboy: 6:48am On Jun 11, 2010
What's the ruling on celebrating anniversaries, like wedding anniversary. Note: I don't mean celebrating in the sense of throwing a large party and stuff. Just an in-house thing with your hubby or you two going out to have a nice time together. is this permissible?
If the husband and his wife want do something(acceptable in the Sharia) to make each other happy, it should be done at any other time or on any appropriate occasion or when there is a reason for doing so. They should not wait for the anniversary of their wedding to make each other happy or exchange gift, because that implies that they are taking this day as an “Eid” (an occasion that is celebrated regularly), and there are no annual Eids for the Muslims except Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. These occasions – wedding anniversaries – came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions, and the salaf (early generations) of this ummah and its imams, but there is no report that they used to do any celebration with their wives or anybody on these days. And all goodness is to be found in following them.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: is it permissible for the husband to give a gift to his wife on their wedding anniversary each year, as a renewal of the love between them, noting that this anniversary will be marked only by the giving of this gift and that the couple are not going to celebrate this occasion?

He said:

What I think is that this should not be done, because this year it may be just a gift, but next year it may become a celebration. Moreover, marking this occasion with a gift is regarded as making it an ‘Eid’, because the Eid is that which is repeated. Love does not need to be renewed every year, rather it should be renewed all the time, every time the woman sees something of her husband that makes her happy, and every time the man sees something of his wife that makes him happy, then the love between them will be renewed.
Allaah knows best.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
Jazakallah khayran.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
zayhal:

Asalam alaykum,

With all due respect to bro iwaboy and maximum respect and honour to Shaikh Uthaiymeen Rahimullah. I do disagree with the opinion above.

The 2 Religious Eid in islam are religious celeberation commemorating the finish of 2 pillars in islam. The end of ramadhan is Eid al fitr and the end of hajj is eid al adha. However there are several occassions when muslim could celeberate anything they wish in accordance to the shariah of Allah. A walimatu al Naikkah is a celeberation, Graduating from an instititution be it islamic university or secular knowldge and the graduant invites people to eat and spread love amongst muslims is a celeberation. A brother got promotion at work and wants to show appreciation to Allah invites masakin to his home and feeds them in a feast is a celeberation and so on . . ,

The prophet PBUH used to fast on mondays as a mark and his way of celeberating his birthday
The prophet PBUH asked us to fast on ashura to commemorate the saving of musa and bani israil.

A husband gives a gift to his wife on their wedding annivasery and goes out on dinner with her to spread love and remember the favours of Allah upon them is a way of acknowledging the mercy of Allah upon them on that day.

Perhaps we should establish that acknowledgment of an event could be or not be celeberation but different people acknowledge events in different way. In as much as no haraam is committed in acnowledging or celebrating then there is no problem with the act.

We should never forget that in muamaulat everything is halaal until a verse or hadith proves it haraam and not the other way round. As far as i know there is no single hadith or verse that could be interpolated to say acknowledging the day of marriage is haraam or even makru. Love should be spread all the time I accept but nothing wrong in increasing the love on this day.

And God knows best.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Lagosboy,

Jazakallah khayran. Where have you been all these while?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
Aliahmdulilah i am well !! I have just been extremely busy lately.

How have u been as well and hope the whole family is doing good.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 2:39am On Jun 14, 2010
Welcome back Lagosboy, I'm with you on this issue of anniversaries celebration. As long as it's done in a way acceptable by Islamic laws, I don't see any problem.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Remii(m): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2010
[b]Breaking the Silence,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barren,  Infertile, Procreation/Fertility-Challenged,

Different phrases women have had to live with,

What is infertility?
Who's affected?
What are the causes?
How do I live with it?

What options for the Muslimah?,

Daughters, Wives & Mothers
       Invites you to the official book presentation of

“UMM 'ABDILLAAH; For The Fertility-Challenged Muslim Woman.”
By
Umm 'Abdullaah Muti'ah bint Abdur-Razaaq Badruddeen

(A SISTERS ONLY EVENT)

A seminar on Infertility will be held during the launching

Venue: LCCI Conference & Exhibition Centre. 10 Bola Ahmed Tinubu way, behind MKO Garden Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
Date: July 4, 2010             
Time: 10:30am prompt             
Entry: Booking only

Call or Text the numbers below so that adequate provision can be made.

Invitees will only be allowed into the event if previously booked to attend.

RSVP:  Ruqoyyah: 08023736595,   Aishah:  07051510565

Donations:  Aisha: 08032003238,[/b]

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
FayeZik:

Welcome back Lagosboy, I'm with you on this issue of anniversaries celebration. As long as it's done in a way acceptable by Islamic laws, I don't see any problem.

Ah Aunty Long time as well where have u been, e tie bere miii. Bawo ni gbogbo nkan o.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by FayeZik(f): 5:45am On Jun 22, 2010
Lagboy, aitete m'ole, iwo ni oo bere mi nah. I went to Naija as I've mentioned to u b4, though did not stay long. Then I found out u've been busy. Willl give u a buzz this weeknd.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
no wedding anniversary celebration in islam,birthdays,mothers day,fathers day and so on
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2010
no wedding anniversary celebration in islam,birthdays,mothers day,fathers day and so on
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by kanmi22(f): 4:20am On Nov 18, 2010
I have a question, how do someone plead to ALLAH after committing Zina? A friend told me that Nikkah is not blessed if Zina has been commited before marriage, Is that true? How can you rectify this? Even though this was with the guy you are getting married too.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by stranger26(f): 2:43am On Nov 23, 2010
kulyie:

Being a muslim woman who does wear that long dress, etc, allow me to explain.
We cover simply because God commanded us to do so. We hope that by obeying His commandments, we can be among those with whom He is Pleased. We understand that we were put on this earth to worship God and Him alone; as He is the Creator, His Will should be obeyed. He knows the past, the present and the future, He knows human nature better than we do and He lays down the rules and regulations for the most peaceful life possible. It is only by obeying God that the human soul finds peace and tranquillity.

Thus as God knows us best and ought to be obeyed, why should we not obey His legislation that we cover ourselves in the presence of unrelated men? Worship is giving up putting your trust in God that His Word is the truth and by submitting to His Word even at times when it may be contrary to our wishes, we demonstrate our submission to God's Will.

While the primary reason for covering is to gain God's Pleasure, there are wisdoms attached to the legislation;
---> men also should not expose certain parts of themselves and they shouldn't stare at women. This reduces the whole sexual tension between people who are not married to each other and aims to reduce the triggers for fornication and adultery.
---> reduction in fornication and adultery means that family lineages are preserved. Children know who their father is. The whole lost identity issue is minimised, a child knows where he/she stems from. This helps re-inforce the child's sense of belonging and self-esteem.
---> reduction in broken marriages because of either spouse going off with someone else. The family unit is very important to societal structure. Destruction of families is the major step towards the destruction of humanity in terms of nurturing individuals with a strong sense of identity, compassion, etc.
---> and many more, man, my fingers need a break from all this typing! =)
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2010
welldone sis stranger grin,may Allah reward you for the input grin
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by stranger26(f): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2010
uplawal:

welldone sis stranger grin,may Allah reward you for the input grin
Ameen, jazakillahu khayran sis =)
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
@stranger,wa iyyaka

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.