Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (19989 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2009
@Mukina i dey feel women pain more than u can imagine, even cry when i see women been molested mostly in CONGO
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 4:11pm On May 22, 2009
@Lagosboy, wallahi in d city of makkah i saw a woman driving jeep, i tell u dis media are distorting our image, too bad
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2009
But i believe some tribe are too holy which may be said to be extremist and islam is against extremism
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by dominique(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2009
whao shocked shocked shocked i diddnt know women were that restrained in the middle east. . .i hope our northern breathren wont start copying tongue

1 Like

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Tudor3(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2009
@dominique
They do worse than that in the north.believe me
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 8:44am On May 27, 2009
mukina2:

Please do @ lagos boy
Question Number 2,

Why are divorced or single women discriminated angry

I am not sure single women are discrimnated upon but i know that of divorced women and again, this is also cultutral as divorced women are looked down upon even in yourba culture and for example in afghanistan men do not divorce htier wives unless they commit adultery. If a man divorces his wife , the whole community would look down on that woman even though the reason for divorce is not adultery. Its all about culture.

Divorce is allowed in islam as islam is a practical religion and we do not make the vow "till death do us part" as we cannot see into the future. Thousands of people make that vow and still divorce so it is as good as useless.
If the prophet could marry a divorced woman then anyone can and divroced women are not to be looked down upon in the society.

N.B Where are all the sisters as it is only mukinah contributing to this thread. Where is Ayinba,zayhal, dominique,riskie,uplawal, and a host of others.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 12:04pm On May 29, 2009
Lagos boy
whats ur take on females visiting the cemetry?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 12:47pm On May 29, 2009
grin What a question, it is haram, even if it will take them to visit it they will only stand at the gate, i visited the Baqiya cemetry were many sahabs were buried i got nside boldly but coming out with tears
when i got to the gate because hundred of women were buisy sreaming and crying and weeping which made me to fall a victim too, crying for a deceased is menacing dead,i then nod my head that the prophet was right,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Fhad: 3:04pm On May 29, 2009
This is another Fatawa amaria section , This very intresting watch out 4 my contribution i pledgs !!
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Fhad: 3:42pm On May 29, 2009
In Support of Niqabi Sisters

For all the fuss about whether niqab is fard, there is no dispute over the fact that niqab is part of Islam, mustahabb, and SUNNA. A sister will not be punished for not wearing niqab as long as she covers everything but her face and hands around non-mahram men; however, she will definitely be rewarded for wearing niqab! Whether or not you as a sister feel that niqab is for you, you should encourage and support those of your sisters who wear niqab for the sake of Allah SWT.

1 Like

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 5:02pm On May 29, 2009
Who said it was not right?

who said they will not encourage those who do it?

Abuzola
hmm i think you are referring to the burial ceremony, women cannot witness the burial ceremony.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2009
Ceremony ? thats funny, is even burial ceremony allowed in islam, am talking of visiting d ceremony
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 11:12pm On May 30, 2009
Oustass

i meant the whole thing, going to the mosque and taking to the cemetry. please do not take my 'ceremony' to where it didnt go grin
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 12:08am On May 31, 2009
it is not permissible for them from mosque to cemetry, d only conduct permissible is washing of the deceased,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2009
In islam our women have a right to keep their fathers name after marriage, our women when they work have a right to keep the whole of their income and the husband still has to provide for her needs from her headscarf to the dressing of the toe nails and finger nails.

Our women have several rights over the husband and many men dont know we offend God through our women in various ways particularly injustice to her and treating her unfairly. A muslim man has to be loving to his wife as Allah says in the quran 30 v 21 "And from among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who refle"

One thing i will want us to note here is the arabic is " wa min ayatihi an khalaqa laqum min anfusikum azwaja litaskunnu ilaiha wa ja'ala baiynakum mawwaddatan wa rahamahtan . . . . . . "

Love in arabic is Hubb but in this verse Allah did not use Hubb as in"muhabbatan" but Allah used mawwadatan which is a higher degree of love hence the verse was translated as affection and not love. Mawwaddatan is from one of Allah's 99 names which is Al Waddud (mostly translated as The loving but it is stronger than love".

Such is the kind of affection expected between a man and his babygirl. If there is this affection then there will be mercy which is the next thing Allah says he will put between a man and his sweetheart. With these two things there will be no room of injustice and maltreatment in human context. A man that mistreats his wife and vice versa obviously doesnt have enough knowledge and the knowledge i mean here is the knowledge that leads one to fear Allah.

Love is important in a muslim marriage and the verse above highlights that it is Allah that puts this love in the hearts of his slaves. If any married woman or man is not experiencing true love between thmeslelves they should always recite this ayah as foerever will be true the words of the Almighty.

Wallahu a'lam
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2009
mukina2:

Lagos boy
whats ur take on females visiting the cemetry?

Sorry Mikina2 seems my eyes ignored your question wink

Well visiting of the grave i will have to differ with my bro Abuzola.

Like i always say about differnces of opinion ,there is a difference of opinion among scholars on this issue and I will explain.

In the eary period of islam the prophet forbade anyone from going to the graves and this was because islam was new and tawheed hasnt sunk deeply into the hearts of the muslims. There was a fear of the new muslims associating paganistic rituals of grave worship with islam.

However in the latter part of islam the prophet said "In the past I have forbidden you from visiting graves, but now you may do so, for it might remind you of the next world.” (Reported by Ibn Majah)

Notice the prophet never distinguished between men and women on this issue.

The scholars that oppose women going to the graves believes this hadith relates only to men and hold on to another hadith to butress their point "Allah has cursed women who frequent graves for visitation.” (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

This hadith however the scholars that permit women visiting graves stated that this particular hadith is aimed at women who frequent the graves like the pagan arabs to wail, lament and cry frequently as it was a practise the pagan arab women used to idulge in. These scholars cited another hadith to butress their point "The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) passed by a woman who was crying by a grave. He said, 'Fear Allah and be patient.'" (Reported by Bukhari and Muslim). The permissibility is understood, as the fuqaha tell us because he did not forbid her from visiting the grave, and had it been unlawful it would have been obligatory for the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) to forbid her.

Several scholars like Imam Qurtubi, Imam ibn Hajar al asqalani and a host of others permitted women to visit graves based on the Ahadeeth above. In the Hanafi school it is also allowed fo rwomen to visit graves as long as all the normal etiqettes of islam is in place like proper dressing and so on.

Personally I hold on to the opinion of women allowed to visit graves from the Ahadeeth above.

Wallahu a'lam

N.B Abu zola have you come across these ahadeeth before?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lagosboy:

Yap, but like said opinon differs, there are also set of hadiths that do not encourage it
Allah knows best
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 1:05am On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Allah knows best
jazakallah khair

Sure Wallahu a'lam bro
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2009
Let me elaborate my point for the benefit of viewers., sahih bukhari hadith number 629: from umm 'atiya (mother of atiya) who said 'we were forbidden to accompany the funeral proceesions but not lstrictly" note: forbidde' though am not disputing lagosboy but to let u know why i hold on my word
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by noetic2: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

Sorry Mikina2 seems my eyes ignored your question wink

Well visiting of the grave i will have to differ with my bro Abuzola.

Like i always say about differnces of opinion ,there is a difference of opinion among scholars on this issue and I will explain.

In the eary period of islam the prophet forbade anyone from going to the graves and this was because islam was new and tawheed hasnt sunk deeply into the hearts of the muslims. There was a fear of the new muslims associating paganistic rituals of grave worship with islam.

However in the latter part of islam the prophet said "In the past I have forbidden you from visiting graves, but now you may do so, for it might remind you of the next world.” (Reported by Ibn Majah)

Notice the prophet never distinguished between men and women on this issue.

The scholars that oppose women going to the graves believes this hadith relates only to men and hold on to another hadith to butress their point "Allah has cursed women who frequent graves for visitation.” (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

This hadith however the scholars that permit women visiting graves stated that this particular hadith is aimed at women who frequent the graves like the pagan arabs to wail, lament and cry frequently as it was a practise the pagan arab women used to idulge in. These scholars cited another hadith to butress their point "The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) passed by a woman who was crying by a grave. He said, 'Fear Allah and be patient.'" (Reported by Bukhari and Muslim). The permissibility is understood, as the fuqaha tell us because he did not forbid her from visiting the grave, and had it been unlawful it would have been obligatory for the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) to forbid her.

Several scholars like Imam Qurtubi, Imam ibn Hajar al asqalani and a host of others permitted women to visit graves based on the Ahadeeth above. In the Hanafi school it is also allowed fo rwomen to visit graves as long as all the normal etiqettes of islam is in place like proper dressing and so on.

Personally I hold on to the opinion of women allowed to visit graves from the Ahadeeth above.

Wallahu a'lam

This is incredible.

Are u saying islamic laws and norms were just decided by mohammed as he pleases and not from allah?

So one day mohammed decided that muslim women could not visit the grave, then on another day he decided they could. I find this ridiculous.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2009
Lagosboy who is mikina angry grin

Noetic am sure you read the title right?

do not turn this into one of the battle zone threads

thanks
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
mukina2:

thanks

Thats the new name i have given you ;

Also i forgot to quote the hadith if Aisha visiting the grave of her brother Abdul Rahman and also the grave of the prophet PBUH. If Aisha could RA then any woman could.

Mikina2 wink Hope your clear on this issue now
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2009
if you call me mikina once more .i'll marry you off to TOH angry and Osisi angry
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by noetic2: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2009
mukina2:

Noetic am sure you read the title right?

do not turn this into one of the battle zone threads

thanks

whats the meaning of this? when did i loose my right to ask questions?

what EXACTLY in ur last 2 posts relates to the topic?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2009
mukina2:

if you call me mikina once more .i'll marry you off to TOH angry and Osisi angry

You want osisi husband to behead me? Maybe osisi will like bigamy though as she doesnt like polygamy grin grin

Abeg just ignore that dude no need replying him as it will just turn to another fight
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2009
call me mukina if you do not want them on you cheesy

On the grave thing i do go there oh.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
@lagosboy, the light of Allah just illuminated my heart and my brain just now, therefore with all due respect i say 'Women going to funeral is forbidden' and my word is supported by the hadith i gave earlier on, u misquote sister mukina. post, her question was on funeral (from the mosque to the cemetry) check out her post again to comfirm, your reply on her post was that of women visiting the grave and not funeral,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2009
naa my question was for visiting the cemetery wink
i do visit the cemetery, most Sundays early in the morning .
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Abuzola(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Visiting the cemetry is permissible, go check ur last post regarding the question for thats what u say or have u forgotten so soon
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
I am talking on visiting the cemetry/graves is same thing. Aisha visited the grave of her borther, The prophet lifted the ban on visiting of the graves, the prophet saw a woman at the grave and never asked her not to go there again. All these hadeeth btress the aguement of the scholars who permit it.

Abuzola:

Let me elaborate my point for the benefit of viewers., sahih bukhari hadith number 629: from umm 'atiya (mother of atiya) who said 'we were forbidden to accompany the funeral proceesions but not lstrictly" note: forbidde' though am not disputing lagosboy but to let u know why i hold on my word

Accompanying funeral procession is different from visiting of the cemetry. The pagans use to accompany the processions with professional wailers and cryers.

Mukina2  you could visit the cemetry and reflect on the life after death.

@abuzola if you meant accomopnying the body from the mousque to the cemetry in a march i am not sure of that but a woman could be present at the time the body is being lowered into the ground and she could say dua on the dead as well.

Wallahu a'lam
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Visiting the cemetry is permissible, go check ur last post regarding the question for thats what u say or have u forgotten so soon

alihamdulilah we agreed on this my bro grin grin
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ok Abuzola and lagosboy

cuz me i know i visit there wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) / Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.