Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) (1115 Views)

Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men / How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Mariojane(f): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Congrats if you are getting married this coming Saturday.

But if you still have weeks and months before your wedding, listen to this.

1. By the way, do you know that Saturday is not the only day you can marry? You can get married briefly within service on a Sunday, and any of the weekdays is a good day! Even you can get married at night. Who says it must be in the morning and an all day affair?

2. Do you also know that traditional engagement is a wedding? Court wedding is a wedding? And Church or Islamic wedding is a wedding? So why do 3 weddings combined within 3 days?
You can do traditional (engagement) wedding and ask your pastor or imam to bless it and that becomes a valid Union in its own right.

And you can also do a court wedding and after which you ask your religious leader to bless you and it is valid as well before God.
So, you really don't have to do 3 weddings, 3 Aso-Ebis, and 3 Cakes with 3 different set of catering to cater for people.
We really need to set and get our priorities right. If we are not careful, we will be throwing parties of proposal day and acceptance day!
Gosh! I did not even mention Introduction party or whatever it can be termed.

3. Moreover, rent a wedding gown, rent your wedding suit. Myself and my wife are still staring at ours after 7 years. Why? Because they are not something you just pull on just any other day.

4. As of this month Nov 2015, Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is $45.2 billion dollars. But he was already a $19 billion dollars mogul in his 20s and at the time of his wedding when he only told 100 family and business associates that it was a surprise party. In fact, they got married at a community property that is used by common people.

5. Spending or blowing money on wedding just because one can afford it does not really mean a jack. If one of the richest guys in the world had less than one-sixth of those that attended my own wedding at his, then we can always do things moderately in my own opinion without stretching ourselves.

6. Yes, you want to make yourself happy and and it is a day of thanksgiving, but do you know that heaven won't fall nor will the earth collapse if you only have less than 100 people at your wedding rather than the multitude you draw.

It can still be super glamorous with 60 people in attendance rather than let it be an extravagant waste. When I look at the way our politicians at home are spending the government money to do their children's wedding or even their own 3rd or 4th wife wedding, I cry.

Let your wedding be with your loved ones and immediate household of faith you belong to. Don't go overboard and don't stretch yourself. Marriage is to be enjoyed rather than endured.

Finally, white wedding was first made popular by Queen Victoria at her wedding to Prince Albert! Before then, any colour including black was used by brides. Queen Victoria personally did a wedding of 'White' to rein on the extravagance of expensive colours that women of the day go at length to do.

Actually, austerity of the day, and an attempt to appear simple and not extravagant made her do her wedding in white. But today, everybody is calling her white wedding a church wedding that must be done at all cost. Who says you must spend money you don't have to do what could have been done in a much simpler way. Save yourself.

These are just my opinions and which those who share same can imbibe. Let us stop the culture of waste. By the way, I did all three forms of wedding and cut cakes as well. But just saying for those coming after us, that extravagance or poshness is not what will determine how great your marriage will be.

God bless and have fun. Prepare well and be smart. Let's change what is not good for us.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Omoedeki: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
let me know when U are set @ op
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by hoobs(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Storyyy
This is African mehn,ladies always want a fancy wedding with her favourite colour blah blah,invite all the guyz that broke her heart until her husband came along,and also show off to their friends that their husband is rich!!!!
For me traditional wedding is enough,and I know most guyz hold the same opinion,the problem lies wid the ladies,some of them even starts dreaming about their wedding day from childhood

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Cholls(m): 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
My sister make i hear word joor. What you call WASTE might mean STINGY to me you know?.
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by ARABICAN(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
My friend that tried strictly by invitation almost cried on the wedding day when families are shouting and making nuisance at the entrance.

Our culture won't permit some things
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Bflexing(m): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nice write up. Never believe this can come from a lady because na dem dey shout pass!!!
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by demarc001: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Proof that the major of the issue is the ladies: No lady wan even comment on it.
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by demarc001: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bflexing:
Nice write up. Never believe this can come from a lady because na dem dey shout pass!!!
Although posted by a lady, the originator is a male
Mariojane:
3. Moreover, rent a wedding gown, rent your wedding suit. Myself and my wife are still staring at ours after 7 years. Why? Because they are not something you just pull on just any other day.

Bflexing:
Although posted by a lady, the originator is a male. Am not discrediting her just pointing out
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Mariojane(f): 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
demarc001:

Although posted by a lady, the originator is a male
Although posted by a lady, the originator is a male. Am not discrediting her just pointing out
if I don't share his point I won't repost it at all. I support him 100%
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
Errrrm

1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by Omotayor123(f): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
undecided
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by demarc001: 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Mariojane:
if I don't share his point I won't repost it at all. I support him 100%
I said it I am not discrediting you. Only trying to correct him.
Re: 6 Things To Know Before That Saturday. (let Us Stop The Culture Of Waste) by CleftEvents: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
"Let your wedding be with your loved ones and immediate household of faith you belong to."

Op God bless you for this.

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This...pix / Ladies, Have You Seen Your Men Cry Before & Can You Cry When Your Gf Is Around? / Christmas Memories!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.