Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones (19258 Views)

Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye / Presidency Blasts Galadima, Says Buhari Won't Be Alone In 2019 / Buhari Won't Sign Budget Unless National Assembly Provides Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by ibietela2(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
DropShot:
Your opinion which has no relevance with what will actually happen. I will wait for his budget for next year and pass a judgement after a full year of his presidency.
Going by what we have seen so far, I will rate him 6 out of 10. Fingers crossed.

Olodo Ibadan boy, what happened to passing?
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by bettercreature(m): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
Firefire:
Moment of truth...

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to, and campaigns for elections will begin. Recall at this time most of the money needed for capital development would be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

APC and the presidency should be ready to say the truth to Nigerians.

Tell Nigerians that all the campaign promises are not feasible, be open and ask for their understandings for your wholesale lies during campaign.

Otherwise, if 170 Million citizens start raining curses, you can imagine the effect on the target.
170 million raining curses? the target will surely catch fire!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by bigdot1759(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
efizee:
please stop acting like an uneducated individual please improve your argument and stop insulting people.. If you observe carefully you will notice the op didn't call anyone names or heaped insults on anyone that's what a cultured person does and am sorry i can't say the same about you, it is often wiser to speak when there's something reasonable to say don't just speak because you feel you have to... Hope i have schooled you well.. Thanks.
if u & the animal op get educated how could both of u (compound fool) judge PMB in less dan 5months? ABUNU OPONU
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by 49cents(m): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
gists:
it is only self disillusioned people that expect miracle in 4 yrs.
I have always said it, PMB should focus only of laying the foundation - Reduce corruption and end BH PERIOD.
Nothing can flourish where these two monster reign.
Having said that, I'll also like to wait for next budget to see if this administration can manage to squeeze in more programs in addition to the two aforementioned.

the issue was that APC promised what they could not deliver

I am an entreprenuer and i have come to believe just about anything is possible wants you are sincere in getting in done; Nigeria cant be changed tremoundously if we go back to regionalism and a fiscal federalism

The Nigeria we have now is like a big American jeep with a leaking exhausting system, its so inefficient and expensive for the passegers, which are the teeming population

let electricty generation be decentralised and see regions competing to get viable investors to turn things around; same with railways and agrriculture

its not rocket science..............its the peoples desire for development and self determination, on a regional level, that will change everything
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by yudee233: 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
We pray that "Sai Baba should not turn to Chai Baba"
Nellybii:

He gave valid points so what are you talking about? This administration is busy clearing the mess that has been promoted for 16 years. PMB administration has not even implemented its own budget. What is the basis for all these prediction of doom and hopelessness? The present fuel scarcity is the last fight back by corruption. After this fight, fuel price is crashing and marketers know this. Just be patient. Nothing good comes easy.
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by peterjero(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
gists:
it is only self disillusioned people that expect miracle in 4 yrs.
I have always said it, PMB should focus only of laying the foundation - Reduce corruption and end BH PERIOD.
Nothing can flourish where these two monster reign.
Having said that, I'll also like to wait for next budget to see if this administration can manage to squeeze in more programs in addition to the two aforementioned.
My brother what you just said might sound plausible but surprisingly it doesn't work that way, roads will need to be built, educational sector will need funds and restructuring, hospitals will need to be built and equipped, the judiciary needs overhaul, youths both literate and non literate will need jobs either from the govt or healthy private sector, and the list goes on. A government can't focus on one or two things that's why a very intelligent leader is needed at this critical time in Nigeria, you might get me wrong but corruption isn't our problem but policy formulation and Implementation is our major crux, if we get it right corruption can be nipped out of our system.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
Didn't y'all see the 2015 budget in 2014, a budget that had to be taken to senate severally for review because of falling Oil price. Capital expenditure was reduced! Budget was already running in deficit? What were u expecting in 2015 budget? Magic? Some people here don't read, they just follow the bandwagon!
If as a Nigerian u still praise any of the past leader for their management of funds in dis country, u are silly! Let Buhari & his team pass his own budget and if he too doesn't show positive traits after a year. He'll join the list of "wolves" that have mismanaged our funds and will receive his own share of insults.
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by chiddye(m): 12:58am On Nov 28, 2015
DropShot:
Your opinion which has no relevance with what will actually happen. I will wait for his budget for next year and pass a judgement after a full year of his presidency.
Going by what we have seen so far, I will rate him 6 out of 10. Fingers crossed.

you spoke about the budget, are there policies in place to carefully yield productivity of this budget?

are there strong institution to help this budget? have you seen the capital market, assessing forex is like passing a Carmel through a needle......am not trying to bad mouth this government but its clear to every one that they lack credible economic policy direction. Nigerians need result, positive results not propaganda

we voted against corruption it been six months and no conviction has been made, and they keep coming to the media that they are fighting corruption, my man open your eyes the APC government has been playing lip service to corruption. nonetheless I strongly hope it gets better

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Pavarottii(m): 2:05am On Nov 28, 2015
cramjones:

It is not about Buhari, the rot is too messy for Buhari, it is bigger than him. When a wound is rotten (necrosed) you have to debride it. Nigeria is rotten and it is only going to get worse. A man cannot be richer than what he has. Our growth rate is at an all time low. there is little or no money in the country. It is only going to get worse!

-CramJones
Nigeria was growing at 7% economically.
Biggest economy in Africa.
3rd fastest rising economy in the world.
GEJ never owed salaries.
Capital flight was high. People prospered a lot under GEJ.
People got a lot of Jobs.
He fought bokoharam to a point of almost surrendering.
He reduced fuel price to 87! And we were buying for 87. Price went up after he lost the election. Cos marketers where not sure buhari will continue with the subsidy. And okonjo iweala paid the marketers b4 leaving office. That's why they can't blame the last administration for the fuel scarcity.
GEJ left 30billion dollars in Foreign reserves, 2billion dollars in ECA, and about 2billion dollars in sovereignty account.
Deziani left aabout 6.5billion dolllars in NLNG.
GEJ still contested for the elections. Aand u guys voted him out and his bowed out in peace.

"SO WAT ROT WAS TOO MANY" ??
Please tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 28, 2015
cramjones:
This is a very difficult op-ed to write haven been identified as an ardent supporter of President Mohammadu Buhari, however, I have sat back to study the trends in terms of the raw data that reflects development indicators for Nigeria and have realized that fixing Nigeria is way beyond PMB at this point, for the most part in the first 4 years of this government, expect nothing but a little improvement but for the most part things getting really worse! Here is why.

1. When oil was over $100/bararell for the most part in GEJ's regime, the per capita income was only $2800 (average annual earning per head as a function of total GDP), meaning Nigeria saw more money than it had ever seen in the past 16 years, but most citizens can't point out to any Dubai-like improvement. Most of that money made people like Dasuki and Deziani billionaires and left over 112 million people living in poverty. Today oil price less than half of it, per capita income is down to $2200 with persistent rampant corruption even under Buhari. I doubt that any tangible thing can be done in four years. In fact, the economy is so bad that Buhari can't even balance the budget without driving Nigeria further into debt by asking the Senate to grant him approval to borrow over $10billion.

2. Today our growth rate is 2% as opposed to an annual rate of 7%. A 2% growth rate with no hope of an oil price increase will only lead to more job losses, less capital development, and an even more indebted nation.

3. Naira has fallen from N160 to N225 to a dollar in less than 2 years. To understand the impact of this better, consider the following:

Mr Musa earns N160,000 monthly 2 years ago, an equivalent of $1000 value at that time. If Mr. Musa is still earning N160,000 it simply means the real value of money he has is $711. This is even more real in Nigeria since almost everything is imported, and the USD is the currency used to purchase this goods. It simply means that more naira would have to be used to purchase the dollar....eventually this would lead to the price of many things going up since importers would have to break even. Take a trip to the Lagos ports, they are almost dead, customs have lost over 70% of their revenue in the last year or so, due to an almost docile activity.

4. With ISIS attacking Paris, Boko Haram has been more emboldened to continue its campaign on soft targets. The geo-political climate of Nigeria has given rise to Biafra, and in general a wave of percieved and real instability. This will only drive away investors - leaving Nigeria in a more gloomy economy mess.

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to go, and campaigns for elections will begin. As campaigns draw closer, most of the money that would be needed for capital development woudl be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

I love APC, but I am afraid, the nation can only see any TRUE change if you only give it at least a decade, the remaining 3.5 years is definitely NOT going to be better. Brace yourselves for the worst before it gets an inch better.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

-CramJones

CC: tonyebarcanista lalasticlala ishilove
when they told you guys, it was like something was controlling all of you. Know we all will face the consequences, it's like Nigerians Love backwardness. The former president was almost done removing tribalism from the country but you all brought it back by voting him out. Dance to the rythm of your music and enjoy it.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by awoluyi(m): 5:36am On Nov 28, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Cramjones you're a fool and if care is not taken you'll die of high bp. How do you know if PMB is going to fail in fours years time? Why can't you fools give PMB a break? You be winch? Dem born you for witch? Why are you and those in the red zone so obsessed about PMB and his administration? Abi one of Buhari goat chop your yam?
This is one of the most uninteligent responses I have ever read concerning an issue in nairaland. I am of the opinion that this responder just reacted to the title of the post without caring to read through the body. Any one with objective and analytical mind will know that few years ahead will not be rossy. I personally foresee crude oil selling for $15 per barrel. If we fail as a nation and as individuals to pay attention to diversifying the economy between now and 2019, Nigeria will witness a revolution. And when this happens, past political office holders will have to account for their stewardship.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by ajepako(f): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2015
cramjones:
This is a very difficult op-ed to write haven been identified as an ardent supporter of President Mohammadu Buhari, however, I have sat back to study the trends in terms of the raw data that reflects development indicators for Nigeria and have realized that fixing Nigeria is way beyond PMB at this point, for the most part in the first 4 years of this government, expect nothing but a little improvement but for the most part things getting really worse! Here is why.

1. When oil was over $100/bararell for the most part in GEJ's regime, the per capita income was only $2800 (average annual earning per head as a function of total GDP), meaning Nigeria saw more money than it had ever seen in the past 16 years, but most citizens can't point out to any Dubai-like improvement. Most of that money made people like Dasuki and Deziani billionaires and left over 112 million people living in poverty. Today oil price less than half of it, per capita income is down to $2200 with persistent rampant corruption even under Buhari. I doubt that any tangible thing can be done in four years. In fact, the economy is so bad that Buhari can't even balance the budget without driving Nigeria further into debt by asking the Senate to grant him approval to borrow over $10billion.

2. Today our growth rate is 2% as opposed to an annual rate of 7%. A 2% growth rate with no hope of an oil price increase will only lead to more job losses, less capital development, and an even more indebted nation.

3. Naira has fallen from N160 to N225 to a dollar in less than 2 years. To understand the impact of this better, consider the following:

Mr Musa earns N160,000 monthly 2 years ago, an equivalent of $1000 value at that time. If Mr. Musa is still earning N160,000 it simply means the real value of money he has is $711. This is even more real in Nigeria since almost everything is imported, and the USD is the currency used to purchase this goods. It simply means that more naira would have to be used to purchase the dollar....eventually this would lead to the price of many things going up since importers would have to break even. Take a trip to the Lagos ports, they are almost dead, customs have lost over 70% of their revenue in the last year or so, due to an almost docile activity.

4. With ISIS attacking Paris, Boko Haram has been more emboldened to continue its campaign on soft targets. The geo-political climate of Nigeria has given rise to Biafra, and in general a wave of percieved and real instability. This will only drive away investors - leaving Nigeria in a more gloomy economy mess.

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to go, and campaigns for elections will begin. As campaigns draw closer, most of the money that would be needed for capital development woudl be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

I love APC, but I am afraid, the nation can only see any TRUE change if you only give it at least a decade, the remaining 3.5 years is definitely NOT going to be better. Brace yourselves for the worst before it gets an inch better.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

-CramJones

CC: tonyebarcanista lalasticlala ishilove

Finally you woke up from buhari-left over burukutu-induced slumber..

Hence let me officially welcome you to Lamenting lamenters club..

Fortunately passingshiit and berem are already confounders

And at this rate, you guys will outnumber wailing wailers..

Happy lamenting dude.. grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by SegunAdewole: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2015
The north does care about your rantings. The most important thing is that they have their own in power. Shikina

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Mordecai(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
grin grin grin

Op is just making excuses for APC. We simply do not buy it. Please go back and tell your partymen (APC) that the 45% of Nigerians that vehemently opposed their version of change, as well as the 55% that were deceived by mouthwatering promises into voting for them, expect performance. Not excuses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / "Buhari Would Have Breached ECOWAS Protocol Signing Electoral Bill" / Gumi: Before I Meet With Bandits, Government & Security Agencies Know (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.