Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year (38521 Views)

NYSC Couple With Their Little Son In NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by noetic5: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2015
for the gods
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by onajo2000(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2015
Some people thought those guys and babes falls from the sky......most of the people who are doing their youth service has been or in a relationship .....so you can just see a babe and thinks she is single
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by docmoses(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2015
end time
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Deejay1000(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2015
End time corpers in end tym camps undecided

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2015
sanbells:
I think the guys are more guilty of this. Once they're posted, they start looking for one escape babe for the service year just to satisfy them throughout their stay. The babe in the other hand being foolish and desperate would give their body hoping to be taken to the alter after service only to get heart breaks at the end. Babes be thinking with their anus sumtymz lipsrsealed
You're absolutely right. Self-discipline is the key here. grin
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2015
Hehehehehe...true n not true cos it all depends on someone's point of view.... my cousin for example is getting married dis weekend in Lag to d gal he met in camp... do u honest except a sexual active lady to stay off bin greased throughout d year? Same wif d guys too. Wif d savings I agree wif u cos it will be hard to save bur not withstandin it all boils down to determination. Moreover service year to me shuld be a time to map out nxt 5years of ya life, learn sum useful skill so wen u go back home or even decide to stay u will have sumfin doing till u get wat u want... a man's opinion
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by cicero12: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2015
cuteendowed:
wow! wish i read dis piece b4 going for service, i actually put my hand inside fire and got burnt. Am getting over it now sha
....... eeyyaaaa. ...... Pele dear, shit happens
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by tasceige(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2015
cuteendowed:
wow! wish i read dis piece b4 going for service, i actually put my hand inside fire and got burnt. Am getting over it now sha

Oyah let's straight afresh..
Friendship first though.. grin grin undecided
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by frankwells(f): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2015
Endtime Relationship

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by boyo123(m): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2015
tasceige:

Oyah let's straight afresh.. Friendship first though.. grin grin undecided
what is this?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by adanny01(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2015
ogaprime:
In My Own Opinion Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In Camp And During Service Year

I served my fatherland from 2104-2015, so I have little or no experience about service year, so this goes out to those yet to serve.
I had in mind to write on this topic before batch B 2015 prospective corp members were called for service year but something happened of recent that “jingered” me to put up this write up. Relationship here I mean, a love relationship between a male and a female and as small as relationship is, it cannot be removed from service year.

In my own opinion, I think all prospective corp members should steer clear off relationship because from what I gathered, most of such relationships end on the day of Passing Out Parade (POP). Why is this so? its because NYSC is the gathering of people from different parts of the country. Majority go back to their “before NYSC” base thereby putting an end to such relationships. I am for friendship and not for relationship.

In my own opinion, if you are in a very serious relationship before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to stay glue to your relationship, no cheating, no hanky panky. tests of every kind will hit your relationship and it will be for your own good if you constantly assure your partner with a clean and open hands and with unchanging behaviors and attitudes that you are still in a relationship with your partner.

In my own opinion, if you are single before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to remain single throughout service year but be on the look out for responsible, matured, future focused individuals or person who you think can be a good life partner. If you are unable to see these kind of persons, its of advantage that you will still remain “clean” as possible for your future partner.

These are the following reasons why you should stick to your partner at home or remain single:

++ different backgrounds: prospective corp members come from different backgrounds, religions, tribes ,cultures etc. starting a relationship during service year might lead to nowhere due to difference in backgrounds.

++ different place of primary assignment: this is for those thinking of coming to camp to hook up with new babes or guys. “what camp has joined together, let PPA put asunder ”

++ different pre-nysc location: people come from different parts of Nigeria for service year. I know of some that met during service year and it was “we love each other so much”. Few weeks after POP, “we love each other so much” turned to “to your tent O Israel”

++ no heart breaks or emotional trauma: some people don’t know how to play football but they had the mind set to be like C.Rolando and Ronaldinho during service year breaking hearts, twisting hearts, deceiving hearts. Steer clear and you won’t experience this.

++ savings: using my personal experience, I was( and still is) in a relationship before my service year and I stayed true throughout my service year. If I had gotten into “service year” relationship, I wouldn’t have saved some reasonable amount out of my allawee.

++ respect for being self disciplined: most “service year” couples make use of each other to the core. This is for the ladies because most of them do give out their time, money, energy and body to the “service year” relationship thinking it will lead to the altar. if you discipline and control your self during service year (i.e. no sexual activities), your current or future partner will respect you for being truthful and trustworthy even without much surveillance. Even you yourself will respect and place more value on yourself.

++ lose lose situation: you are in a serious relationship before service year but you decided to get involved in a “service year” relationship. Later on you changed towards your "home based" partner because of your service year partner so as just to “eat your cake and still have it”. After POP, your service year partner goes back to his/her base forgetting about you. Its at that point you remember you have an home based partner. I am sure the home based partner won't continue the relationship with you again. At the end, it’s a lose lose situation.

I hope my 2kobo can make you buy time to think very well on having relationship or not during service year. At least, in my own opinion, steering clear of relationship during service is for your own good.

++in your own opinion, feel free to add yours...

See this guy o! When NYSC is trying to reward such relationships that end in marriage you want discourage it.

Unity is enhanced in these relationships, stop the segregation tactics.

You think the ppl involved are not aware of their situations.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by akwana: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2015
I met one fine babe on camp several years back. I loved her, she has two kids for me now. She's my loving wife, i adore her. I love her like crazy.

OP, if you have stayed away from a babe you were eyeing simply because of your reasons above, think, she just might be the one.

5 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by makazona(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2015
You lied. I found my wife during my service year... don't put fear in people because you are afraid.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2015
PLANETMARS:
So make I leave this babes wey dey my side and begin shun fresh babes for camp bcus of ur end time opinion?

This guy na kin Kong? He tall o. Chai!
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by marleyboy1991: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2015
Am sure lotta people don't give a damn bout what you saying...giving relationship tips to an higher institution graduate?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Bhella5(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2015
If it didnt work for you does not mean it wouldnt work for others. Mine is working.

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2015
I no fit date any corper self bcox after d service year, we go dey start looking 4 job 2geda ni. So, when will 'we' settle down. It all ends after POP but have seen few cases that ends up 2geda sha
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Ishopbest:
In your opinion..

In other news, have you heard?
What jare?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2015
cuteendowed:
Thank God you are over it. You gats 2 move on
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by lolaluv1(f): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2015
The key lies in looking well before leaping. There are serious guys on camp, just like there are unserious guys.
You just have to have the wisdom to separate the wheat from the chaff.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by danton(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2015
Facts
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by aktem(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2015
end time NYSC.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2015
Making conclusions on your own experience? ehh?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 10:26am On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp what marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv friends various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post

Foolishness is in excess, wisdom is scarce. I pray wise women will avoid and run away from destiny destroyers like you so that you will be left with shafts and foolish ones to deal with.

Oga, go and make the world a better place for your children unborn.

Thank you...

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by canDy4eva(f): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp what marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv friends various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Ravissante(f): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2015
missKiffy:
I like the fact that you mentioned this is just your opinion, afterall a lot of people met their life partner during NYSC
I agree with u... People form relationships that are long lasting. I've even met people that are married that met during d service year.. ... And for the idiot Dat said smfn about 3weeks...thats just orientation camp not d main service
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by miqos02(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2015
nice
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
End time relationship
Endtime CEO
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by zbone(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2015
What I learnt from this thread?
End time craze is back on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things To Do After NYSC / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.