Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year (38517 Views)

NYSC Couple With Their Little Son In NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by NiRfreak(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abbykem:
I no fit date any corper self bcox after d service year, we go dey start looking 4 job 2geda ni. So, when will 'we' settle down. It all ends after POP but have seen few cases that ends up 2geda sha
You have a fish brain for that notion about dating a corper.....This is how you know a myopic and materialistic gal.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Meeky(m): 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
ogaprime:
This is my first time of having my post on first page (even though I wasn't expecting it), didn't know I can't modify....

First of all, its my opinion. I have read some of the replies here and I can't reply all...

Its not that I don't know that some couples met during service year and they are still married up to this moment...

Its not that I don't know that NYSC encourages it, even with financial support.

In my write up, I said if you are in a relationship before camp, stay true to your relationship and if you are single, stay single and be on the look out for responsible people who can be a good life partner.

Congrats to those that met each other during service year. If its not meant for to meet your partner during service why make things worst for yourself. Why not enjoy service year and start preparing for post-NYSC??

The truth is if you check the number of couples who met during service year and got married, that was 10-15years ago when immorality was low during service year. 5years ago up to this year, people who meet during service year are minimal compared to "service year" relationship.

To those saying "is it my personal experience". Its yes and no. Yes in the sense that I know at least two "service year" relationship that crashed after service and No, I stayed true to my home based partner all through service year even up to this moment.

Its easier to preach it because I have practised it...

Thank you...
Dude this is an excellent and intelligent write up.U did well.dont mind the critics in here.Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.U have said yours and you own NO INDIVIDUAL ON NAIRALAND FORUM ANY APOLOGY.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Meeky(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
SweetyZinta:
thanks Op, I've lost 2 boyfriends to Nysc babes.
Funny enough after Nysc they all come begging but am far gone already. 'i don't know what came over me, pls take me back is all i keep hearing' Lol
lol.those ya bfs are just funny.when babes plenty everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Meeky(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAji:
I met a lady during my service year in Jos. We'd planned to hit off but we crashlanded on takeoff. Ma regret is that she got married to our "unofficial CLO". I thank God that I learnt vital lessons from her sha.
hahahahahaha.pastor.no regrets mehn there are a lot of ladies around.so move on
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Hardeyolaotee(f): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Orisirisi.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
NiRfreak:
You have a fish brain for that notion about dating a corper.....This is how you know a myopic and materialistic gal.
heheheheh. See gobe o, someone can't even xpress herself again bcox some broke nigga will attack u with dir broke mouth and anger. Oh boy! I can feed ur family 4 one year without noticing #1 is out of me. Ayam an independent bizlady. Your mosquito brain must also be broke too bcox ur broke comment shows how broke you really are. Get a life boy, make money and stop transferring ur broke anger on somebody that can take care of ur broke ass grin tongue grin tongue I am outa here broke boy
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Meeky(m): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
hahahahaahaha.so funny how pple get bashed on this thread.u critise the OP for expressing his opinion,U also get bashed for expressing yours.quite interesting

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Otsealu1(f): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Its a good advice. I once witness a relationship that crumbled right after service as a result of a too high expectation... Permit me to use that. They both met in service and fell in love with each other. The lady on the other hand felt the dude was from a rich home because he went to camp looking fresh and he's the type that believe looking good is good business. After service, they all left and the guy still wanted the relationship to continue, so he invited the lady down to his home, after telling his family about the wonderful girl he met while serving and would love to get married to some day. She honoured the invitation and on getting there, she realized it wasn't what she taught, that the guy's family are just coming up. Although the boy did everything he could to make her fill comfortable till she left. But after that visit she changed totally towards him, picks his call wen she likes and doesn't even call @all till the guy had to summon courage and asked her what is going on. Then she had to open up to the guy that there's no hope for them that she wants someone that can actually meet her needs and since he's not gotten a job and all sort of excuses, and then she told the guy its time they face reality. The guy felt bad because all his supposed to save allawee was mostly spent on this girl just to make her comfortable but he had to move on and that was it but after a few months, he got a job in a multinational company and sent a text to the girl since she no longer picks his call and guess what! the idiot starting calling back claiming she loves him.

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by NiRfreak(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abbykem:
heheheheh. See gobe o, someone can't even xpress herself again bcox some broke nigga will attack u with dir broke mouth and anger. Oh boy! I can feed ur family 4 one year without noticing #1 is out of me. Ayam an independent bizlady. Your mosquito brain must also be broke too bcox ur broke comment shows how broke you really are. Get a life boy, make money and stop transferring ur broke anger on somebody that can take care of ur broke ass grin tongue grin tongue I am outa here broke boy
.....Chai! Your fish brain is so pitiable and abysmally out of this world....u just proved to me that it is even beyond imagination......keep it up
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
NiRfreak:
You know what? I went tru ur profile now nd I realised have wasted my precious leisure time meant for relaxing 2 reply u bcox u are a fu3ked up broke ass guy. You have d talent of insulting evrybody. That's a nice talent broke ass guy, keep it up. D future is bright 4 u. Money fit dey come from insulting peeps. Who knows?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
NiRfreak:
.....Chai! Your fish brain is so pitiable and abysmally out of this world....u just proved to me that it is even beyond imagination......keep it up
. Oh My gosh! No wonder u call urself 'freak' grin. Am not disappointed. You are texting just like freaks. Go and make money jare cox this babe gats some calculations to do with 'money'. Money won't come by replying broke, broke, broke and a very broke ass ugly looking senseless, insulting broke boy, can't even call u a guy bcox u no text as one grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
Meeky:
Dude this is an excellent and intelligent write up.U did well.dont mind the critics in here.Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.U have said yours and you own NO INDIVIDUAL ON NAIRALAND FORUM ANY APOLOGY.

Thank you sir...

Let us continue to make this world a better place for our children unborn even if its through pen and paper
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Otsealu1:
Its a good advice. I once witness a relationship that crumbled right after service as a result of a too high expectation... Permit me to use that. They both met in service and fell in love with each other. The lady on the other hand felt the dude was from a rich home because he went to camp looking fresh and he's the type that believe looking good is good business. After service, they all left and the guy still wanted the relationship to continue, so he invited the lady down to his home, after telling his family about the wonderful girl he met while serving and would love to get married to some day. She honoured the invitation and on getting there, she realized it wasn't what she taught, that the guy's family are just coming up. Although the boy did everything he could to make her fill comfortable till she left. But after that visit she changed totally towards him, picks his call wen she likes and doesn't even call @all till the guy had to summon courage and asked her what is going on. Then she had to open up to the guy that there's no hope for them that she wants someone that can actually meet her needs and since he's not gotten a job and all sort of excuses, and then she told the guy its time they face reality. The guy felt bad because all his supposed to save allawee was mostly spent on this girl just to make her comfortable but he had to move on and that was it but after a few months, he got a job in a multinational company and sent a text to the girl since she no longer picks his call and guess what! the idiot starting calling back claiming she loves him.

Thanks for your write up. It shows that even though is shoe, not everybodies leg can enter into it...
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by kolatobs(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
ABOUT TO MARRY AN IGBO LADY I MET DURING THE SERVICE.

NOTE!!!! AM A YORUBA BOY AND WE WERE BOTH CORP MEMBERS THEN

CROSSRIVER 13B
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ursino:
Trash! Not true! My husband and I met during NYSC in Kogi state in 2007. After camp, we were both sent to different LGs, but we still kept in touch. After PoP in 2008, we both started work immediately, and got married in 2009. We are blessed with a prince and two princess now.

Nothing is general in life. That you did not succeed does not mean others won't. Don't over generalize issues. Life is not like that.

My advice to the young- be open to relationships, but don't misbehave. You don't know where your destiny lies. That Tom that you see today as the best boyfriend might not make the best husband tomorrow. Have a clear mindset about relationships, but don't go about fornicating with every Tom Dick and Harry.

NYSC is not a cursed program. Your breakthrough, be it marital, financial, physical etc might originate from there. I'm a living witness.

Peace!

Congratulations to you and family.

But I don't think you read my post
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by wypavu: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
dannyduks:
BROS HAVING A RELATIONSHIP DURING SERVICE YEAR WITH PEOPLE FROM OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY IS PART OF THE AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF NYSC, THE ONLY THING YOU CAN PREACH ABOUT IS THE WAY CORPS MEMBERS CARRY ON WITH THE RELATIONSHIP. ALTHOUGH THE AIM OF NYSC WAS DEFEATED LONG AGO BECAUSE OF ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS AND INSECURITY ISSUES IN NIGERIA. I THINK I AGREE WITH YOU IN SOME OF THE POINT YOU RAISED BUT NOT HAVING A RELATIONSHIP AT ALL FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT INTO ANY RELATIONSHIP BACK AT HOME IS OUT OF POINT.

But I said singles should be on the look out for responsible people. To be on the look out doesn't mean sacrifice your body,time,money and energy. Its after NYSC you will know who is who, even males/female friends forget each other and face their lives. For singles, staying as friendship is the key. Stay as friends' to prospective,responsible person(s), after NYSC you two can kick off
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by PastorAji(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
Meeky:
hahahahahaha.pastor.no regrets mehn there are a lot of ladies around.so move on
that's 2009....... cheesy
I'm heavily and gloriously married
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by NiRfreak(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abbykem:
. Oh My gosh! No wonder u call urself 'freak' grin. Am not disappointed. You are texting just like freaks. Go and make money jare cox this babe gats some calculations to do with 'money'. Money won't come by replying broke, broke, broke and a very broke ass ugly looking senseless, insulting broke boy, can't even call u a guy bcox u no text as one grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
smiles....You will never disappoint with your public display of fish brain.....I wonder how else a fish brained little girl like you can make money other than gold digging...
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Sammyblaq(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is possible meeting ur life partner...
but my Ibo sisters were forming kingkong. I shifted to Hausa; Aisha say make I no touch am.
Camped with Odunayo...
Missing Adelanke and folakemi. #kilonshele
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by SWG1: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp want marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post

Different strokes for different folks. Even God said life and death is in your hands but the Op is advising ee choose life.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Meeky(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAji:
that's 2009....... cheesy
I'm heavily and gloriously married
ok pastor.the ministry is moving to the permanent site.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by arrhenius15(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Otsealu1:
cheesy
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
NiRfreak:
smiles....You will never disappoint with your public display of fish brain.....I wonder how else a fish brained little girl like you can make money other than gold digging...
That is the problem. Broke boys will always wonder how young peeps dey make am simply bcox they are busy insulting rich peeps. I started making money early unlike u. Get informed and make money broke boy and stop disturbing a rich chick who can feed u. Ibadan boys won't stop to amaze me sha. I use my brain not my mouth :PGet that? Use ur brain not ur Mouth 2 make money broke ass.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by flokii: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
hmmmmn.... NYSC
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by hotdi(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
CertifiedFreak:
Ur opinion. Did someone break your heart?

Somfin like dat undecided
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Befitting(f): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp want marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post
Sanguine! Read all the negative attributes of a sanguine, that's what you are.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Bandeco(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abbykem:
That is the problem. Broke boys will always wonder how young peeps dey make am simply bcox they are busy insulting rich peeps. I started making money early unlike u. Get informed and make money broke boy and stop disturbing a rich chick who can feed u. Ibadan boys won't stop to amaze me sha. I use my brain not my mouth :PGet that? Use ur brain not ur Mouth 2 make money broke ass.

Your rabble rousing is so infantile and puerile.. If truly u are what u claimed to be(but who cares) then u must be a "money miss road".. Stop displaying a hedonistic attitude on public forum. Whatever u are is for u and ur family. U don't know the guy u are pouring all this nonsensical invective on, so telling him, u can feed him is very ludicrous and childish.. Dats why he keeps on calling u fish brain cos u behave like one..

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by samx4real(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
He who have ears, let him/her hear!
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bandeco:

Your rabble rousing is so infantile and puerile.. If truly u are what u claimed to be(but who cares) then u must be a "money miss road".. Stop displaying a hedonistic attitude on public forum. Whatever u are is for u and ur family. U don't know the guy u are pouring all this nonsensical invective on, so telling him, u can feed him is very ludicrous and childish.. Dats why he keeps on calling u fish brain cos u behave like one..
Sorry, did u just say something?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Phinagold(f): 3:27am On Nov 20, 2015
I met my spouse during NYSC. Our wedding is fixed next month. People tried to break us that the relationship wont last but the opposite is d case. OP dont deceive them. Rather advice them to be careful.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by marlockj: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2015
ogaprime:

Foolishness is in excess, wisdom is scarce. I pray wise women will avoid and run away from destiny destroyers like you so that you will be left with shafts and foolish ones to deal with.

Oga, go and make the world a better place for your children unborn.

Thank you...

Sometime ppl love hearing real truth.every matured girl know what an average guy is up to,whether during nysc or not.

You may have called my post foolish,bt majority of the guys here knw that my post is true.

The truth will never sound sweet.

More likes is rolling in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things To Do After NYSC / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / Kwara NYSC Camp Not Fit For Human Living - Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.