Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43491 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by beevee1: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
merit12:
Truth be told.....you have to be wise about this whole matter

If the lady can't marry you because of your past it means she can't keep quite about it .she probably tell someone close to her to be free from heart .that persons tells to other person so on and on ......it be publicized already.

Please keep this lady alive ..you seem desperate and you can do anything to shut her up.... note you be the frist person to be called to police station ......don't kill ooooo

Starting from after you change name. ....the beginning of success depended on you and you worked hard to get to were you are now....

Contact your lawyer to know any thing that can be done about it first
Before maybe leave the country and start your life some were else not too expensive

I have spoken

I concur with the last statement. That path might be the best
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by redcliff: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
babygoat:
end time foolishness angry
my dear goat i tell you.. real end time foolisheness.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by efilefun(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
misspicy:
OP go tell the boy's family what you did and you will be free from this bondage......because an open secret does not hurt anyone ...pray before you go so you would be forgiven...forget it she can't snitch on you
The family might think he knows about their son's death and that might even be worst
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by trigar12(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala

My dad always sound a warning to my hear, "never tell a woman your secret."

That's d mistake you made

2 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by swaggprofessor(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Wait u come nairaland for advise b4 u tiff e certificate no b ur head bring d solution, u come nairaland b4 u yarn d babe as for me the solution dey very simple carry ur cross or go watch naija films for the ansa. I rest my case
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by olaitus: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dnt worry it is well
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dowjones(m): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
OP, you were dating similar to you.

You should learn to keep your F**king mouth shut.

Your secret has been revealed by no-one but you. its a matter of time your self righteous fiancee will spread the word.

You're finished.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Malakh: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
you should have asked her a question if she was in your shoe's but using another person as a camouflage then you'd have known what actions to take, you are book smart but not street smart or i'd say wise anyways since you've spilled the beans i'd say get her pregnant but for her to return the ring it seems she's not understanding,you'd have to use her weakness against her just to draw her to you, you must put her in a situation where she'll be totally dependent on you that way even if she thinks of spilling the beans she knows her livelihood in at stake. Don't tell anybody about this again! How didn't you think about this before telling her, you didn't ever weight it out all because you think you are in love which kain yeye love be that, not everything is told to a woman, you just too sentimental for my liking...reminds me of Samson and Delilah.......I know of people using other peoples socials to work dead or alive and they are not worried about it, they didn't kill them na .....there's nothing wrong telling your wife the secret to your wealth and power as long as you are One/agreed or married meaning under a covenant,Delilah was a stranger to Samson. he was Hebrew while she was African, he only allowed her to coerce him because he had a soft-spot for her.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by greggng: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
Invite her and call. One babalawo so that she can swear with juju never to expose you. And if she does she will run mad forever. I can help you with correct babalawo. Thereafter free her
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by calabardick(m): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria, home of signs and wonders.............. why won't she return your ring? only god knows if that noodle in between your legs is not borrowed too, abeg no blame the poor girl, make she run for her life
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Badgers14: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Assuming your story is true..

Pray to God to forgive you..

Do NOT TELL YOUR Friends family..
Their believe would be that you might know sth his death..

Try reason with your girl... If she no gree..leave her and move on..jf she tells anyone, deny the story as false..

Lesson learned.... There are stories that are never to be told...

Ma broda, am not a moral judge, who am i to judge you Again, if this your story is true, your friend must have forgiven you atleast for taken care of his family they ways you said you did..

Again don't forget, Abraham did deny his wife at a time...
So again, do not tell your friends family ( it will cause more harm than good) and deny the story if your girl tell anyone else and keep your hand clean.. Keep your head up...
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by millhouse: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
epic

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by efilefun(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
trigar12:

My dad always sound a warning to my hear, "never tell a woman your secret."

That's d mistake you made
Exactly even if she goes ahead with the marriage she will surely bring it up anytime there little issue in future

2 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by yyeanqah(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time......rubbish
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Kill that bitch.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Sparkles003(f): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Go and confess to your friends parent and tell them to adopt you as their child in their heart
or
stop using the certificate
if you want go bck and do part time and get your own 2:1

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Moreoffaith(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Get your own real certificate, international passport with your real name and go for your masters abroad...I am sure you have more than enough to sponsor yourself,

never let her know your whereabout and if possible invest on maybe land or anything you think will be enough for you to start up a business of your own when you are done with your masters.. Learn how to be real bro..your grade might still fetch you that job if you are destined for it.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Donlino(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
henryhemon:

Am sorry to burst your bubble, she is worth it and she is a very good woman,how many can resist marrying a comfortable man knowing how he made his money,she's very rare bred. Don't give someone a bad name to hang him or her.

Story..... what if she did that because she has caught a Bigger fish? undecided...because to me, this one no be matter sef.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Ironi: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Take her out cool
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lumenafrica: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
See how cow chased this guy... This is so risky
This is how cow kill people ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD_98mMBcRI
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Atlantian: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
# Dont tell the family.
# Make the girl to shut up or "be disappeared".
# Set up your business and burn those certificates.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lumenafrica: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
watch this hot Hotel fight that took place in Owerri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6cx5uaNya0
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
PureWays:
@ Op, this is a very delicate matter that should be handled with wisdom...

Nobody is perfect, to me, what you did wasn't that bad.. You made the decision out of a difficult situation..

First thing you should do is to start making plans on building your own business, so incase the truth later comes out, you will have something to fall back on...

The truth will be out one day, so the best thing I believe you can do is to buy yourself some time to gather enough capital for a nice business..

Forgive yourself and ask God for forgiveness.. Find a subtle way to tell your friend's family what you did, though the problem here is that they may take advantage of the the situation and ask you for too much (if you know what I mean), but still, I believe you owe them that...
As for the lady, she isn't worth spending the rest of your life with.. For goodness sake, a woman that is supposed to spend the rest of her life with you should be able to forgive you of that..
Let her go and pray she doesn't tell anyone that matters, cos I think she will eventually tell someone..
It's a crazy world we live in Bro, don't beat yourself much cos of this.. Stay strong, you will get over this, trust me..
d best advice So far. If possible relocate overseas. NEVER EVER TELL A WOMAN YOUR SECRET. No matter how much u love her,NEVER! Even if she born aagain pass angels of God. They r all dsame dey eat frm dsame plate
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by okeyngene1: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is d lady from nigeria bc can't blv a typical nigerian grl can reject a rich dude like u weda his wealth is ill-gotten or otherwise. Op I must confess dat karma has come 2 teach u a lesson. I advice 2 confess 2 sin 2 God and ask 4 4giveness
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ogawisdom(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

Super story did u expect me to believe this crap

It is nt possible for ur frnd a brilliant std to get to 300l n u a known dummy take over his name without some of your coursemates n lecturers noticing. Only gullible minds will accept this crap story
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Look like movie script!!!!

If not--lemme turn it to one.

Watch out!! Trailer!! Full of suspence!! Intrigue!!

Title?? Will get bk to u guys on that
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by 400billionman: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Some girls are mentally unstable.

If, she wont marry you, let her keep quiet and mind her damn business. I am sure she has spent alot of your money.

I wanted castigating you till i read all that you have done for your late friends family. Nobody is really clean on this earth.

If you have the opportunity, work hard for say 3 more years and resign, save much money, go into business where you wont need his certificates anymore and go back to your former name to clear your guilt..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Achieverbb(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
@ Op plz contact me via my email nayomite2000@yahoo.com
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by pek(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
Don't believe this. So many loopholes when you read in between the lines.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Btruth: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
The same mistake that Adam did in the garden of Eden thousands of years ago. Why now? You would have just confess your secret to God. God alone can cover you and forgive you. Never trust anything call human or never you count on them. I prayed the Lord come to your rescue oooo. lipsrsealed
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Maximus85(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

No that I support you or something. If I be woman, I no go marry you.

You're just sooo foolishly stupid. No matter what, there are some things better left unspoken.

#mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Resumes Duty After Recovery From Coronavirus / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.