Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us (31035 Views)

Help: My Neighbour's Son Can Not Raise His Hands N Legs / Nigeria Alert!: Zika Virus In UK, What Is FG Doing To Protect Us / What Exactly Is The Microwave Doing To Your Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by eph12(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2015
People can be funny. Government never needed to ban anything. Just give us light and the gen will ban itself. You can't expect students to buy those bigger gens though some that are wealthy do. Some people really struggling with their meager income don't have access to electricity so they make use of this small gen.
I expected the op to make factual claims by numerically comparing the cost of acquiring, fueling and maintaining both the 'i better pass my neighbor' gen and it's alternative.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Ecoplexus: 9:14am On Nov 19, 2015
Another zombie spotted; always justifying their master's wrongdoing.

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by obailala(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2015
How much is an 'I pass my neighbour' generator presently and how much is the next higher generator in the market (i.e. a generator which doesnt get to mix oil and fuel)??

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Ola17: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2015
OP what other brands are more 'healthy'?
All generators of that capacity uses air lubrication system. They are all dangerous.

we don't have the luxury of talking about pollution now when we can't generate enough electricity.

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by binladen(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2015
Another reason to have an inverter....quality power inverters at affordable prices at ashbod power solution 08059338304 full one year guaranty
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by omojeesu(m): 9:20am On Nov 19, 2015
Air pollution comes from too many sources including big and small generators. Why single out the generator that is within the reach of the masses and leaving big including industrial generators that pollute more. What about the trucks and trailers with terrible exhaust?

God dey!

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by kayo80(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2015
theplushist:
Maybe you are a dependant. You probably stay in Lekki and don't know how light gets to your appartment. You are probably a teenager typing away mindlessly at his phone.
If you understood how the average business owner survives. How the tailor, the hairdresser, the barber.. Survives.

Yes you probably don't know how Iya amuda's baby cries at night and won't shut up until the fan is on. Bans AMUDA puts on her small gen because Nepa would never ever give them light.
How even the ordinary blogger who sees electricity only once in 3 days and has to put on the gen every 3 hours survives, you won't spew such ignorance.

I understand all that...I am currently running on gen cos we have power just 5 hours a day now. But...but, your health is very essential.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Pidggin(f): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2015
People use these small generators to run their small businesses, it is highly inconsiderate of pmb to ban its importation without giving an alternative.

Since May 29th salary earners have been loosing their jobs, now even small businesses will have to close shop if the ban is not lifted.

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by omojeesu(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2015
Solution: Give us electric power and stop punishing the masses putting them in lose lose situation.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by sirwilly1(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:
We should be greatful for the ban of that small generator, why? Because The environmental toxicity due to oily fumes emitted by this little machine is very deadly, that i can honestly tell you if you have had it fumes always in your environment and obviously have been breathing it, meehn, you have been seating on a long thing because you have been initiating a process to getting your lungs and hearts in a bad unfixable health conditions, your condition will surely be worst than a chain smoker( whom is liable to die young). Someone had to safe us from ourselves.

Another accomplist on this serious environment pollution and health hazard threat common in our environment is the popular tricycle(keke napep), honestly should get the ban too.

Reason being that the combustion system of this two machines are although economical due to its top fuel efficient utilization ability, i mean it saves fuel in long working hours, but lets mind our health more and embrace this bans.

Looking at the available option in the market there are other brands offering almost same fuel utilization efficiency and extremely low prices and good quality built engines to reducing the health hazard in our environments, you can check this brands to confirm.
The small businesses can embrace this other options.
I have been victim to the unheathy voltage supply of this "i better pass my neighbour" generator, its burnt a few of my phone chargers, which gets me wondering why it chooses to blow up charges and some other home appliances but wont power a refrigerator, infact, appliances like a barber clipper will reciprocate the sound emitted by this generator (which travels in its unheathy voltage).

LETS BE GRATEFUL TO THIS BAN, ITS A NICE ONE AND SHOULD BE COMMENDED, SAY NO TO JUNK APPLIANCES POLLUTING OUR ENVIRONMENTS, CAUSING US GREAT HEALTH IMPLICATIONS, WE DESERVE BETTER WITH OUR HARD EARN MONEY.

Whats the point making all the money when you wont live to enjoy the fruits of your labour, Thank you Mr president for safing us from ourselves.

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__
You sound like Lie mohammed. You know what thunder does when they send it on a visit to people?
Let's face the argument now. Who should ban the gen on the basis of environmental pollution? Customs or Min. Of Environment?
Does the ban end the already existing pollution in neighbourhood?
Have you thought of any feasible means of reducing pollution?
Do you have an alternative to the ban?
In fact, see thunder for your back.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by obailala(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2015
Flets:
People should not be allowed to speak rubbish and get away with it. Only a myopic view will support the outright ban on small generators

why small generators only? Bigger generators without appropriate maintenance cause similar pollution.

But the bigger issue is that the gas flared from Rivers state alone has more cumulative impact than all small generators combined. Yet the government cannot even push to eliminate these flares and even use the same gas for power generation. But they are quick to ban small generators..... how exactly does that make sense?

Only under a president like Buhari will banning generators come before adequate power generation and supply. This is a clear case of thinking backwards.
I do not rhink it is a good idea to ban IPMN generators, now is definitely not the time. But then, what are the benefits of this?
Firstly, I do not doubt the killer pollution fumes that emanates from that generator; it mixes oil and fuel and burns off the oil + fuel (that is deadly). Secondly, the next higher generator (which doesnt mix oil + fuel) isnt so much more expensive. This policy will force people to cough out 50% more to buy safer generators, and I can assure you that with this ban in place, there are already people in Nnewi and Aba who have started fabricating perfect IPMN generators.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Henrypraise: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:
We should be greatful for the ban of that small generator, why? Because The environmental toxicity due to oily fumes emitted by this little machine is very deadly, that i can honestly tell you if you have had it fumes always in your environment and obviously have been breathing it, meehn, you have been seating on a long thing because you have been initiating a process to getting your lungs and hearts in a bad unfixable health conditions, your condition will surely be worst than a chain smoker( whom is liable to die young). Someone had to safe us from ourselves.

Another accomplist on this serious environment pollution and health hazard threat common in our environment is the popular tricycle(keke napep), honestly should get the ban too.

Reason being that the combustion system of this two machines are although economical due to its top fuel efficient utilization ability, i mean it saves fuel in long working hours, but lets mind our health more and embrace this bans.

Looking at the available option in the market there are other brands offering almost same fuel utilization efficiency and extremely low prices and good quality built engines to reducing the health hazard in our environments, you can check this brands to confirm.
I have been victim to the unheathy voltage supply of this "i better pass my neighbour" generator, its burnt a few of my phone chargers, which gets me wondering why it chooses to blow up charges and some other home appliances but wont power a refrigerator, infact, appliances like a barber clipper will reciprocate the sound emitted by this generator (which travels in its unheathy voltage).

LETS BE GRATEFUL TO THIS BAN, ITS A NICE ONE AND SHOULD BE COMMENDED, SAY NO TO JUNK APPLIANCES POLLUTING OUR ENVIRONMENTS, CAUSING US GREAT HEALTH IMPLICATIONS, WE DESERVE BETTER WITH OUR HARD EARN MONEY.

Whats the point making all the money when you wont live to enjoy the fruits of your labour, Thank you Mr president for safing us from ourselves.

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__

I sumtyms wonder how u buhari fanatics reason. Do u knw d harmful effect of certain drugs? Yet it's our only chance of dfeating certain ailment.

The dangote trucks cos more damage to our ecosystem compared to d life saving I better pass my neighbour gen.

I understand u ar tryin to defend buhari but pls don't take sum of us for id.iots, n giving us excuse of chargers n clippers.

If u even go to sum of d mikano gen environment n see d level of degradation, u will choose a billion I better pass my neighbour.

Again why do I tink u n bihari ar also tryin to sell sum oda kinda of brand of gen to Nigerians? Ar u pple d cabals?

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by mmabubakar(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2015
I can see that we have Environmentalist in the house!

Proud to be an ENVIRONMENTALIST !!!
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2015
Horlufemi:

that generator cost me my phone laptop and television. I will never buy I pass my neighbor generator.

instead buy the smallest normal generator. e.g. spg1800 generator 5liters = 10hrs. it lasts longer and better than that rubbish ipmn generator. its about 24k
bless you my brother, the combustion system is just too poor, with the oil and petrol in a single chamber, there are even the mini sumec firmin generator just a little above the price of i better pass my neighbour
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Ferdinandu(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2015
All these are trash. The technology of the small Gen is the same with that of big Gen. So if they want to ban they should ban all type of Gen even those that goes for millions of naira, all of them causes pollution. Poor man has suffered so much in this country.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by herald9: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2015
We know. We know!! But where are the alternatives?
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by kestolove95(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2015
Dey have to ban it since ibo boys started makin d fake ones
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by omojeesu(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2015
kayo80:

I understand all that...I am currently running on gen cos we have power just 5 hours a day now. But...but, your health is very essential.

Poor people don't think about health first, unfortunately. They think first about survival!
The ban is very untimely!

Industrial pollution including gas flaring by the oil government controlled industry contributes much to air pollution and climate change than the masses who are trying to survive without government help.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by taiwoowiat: 9:32am On Nov 19, 2015
God will help us in ds nation.
If Govt want to be taking about -ve effects of ths GEN. they shld be providing light for at least 20 to 22hrs/day

2 Likes

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 19, 2015
When the govt cant provide electricity, what do they expect people to do?
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by kayo80(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2015
omojeesu:

Poor people don't think about health first, unfortunately. They think first about survival!
The ban is very untimely!

Industrial pollution including gas flaring by the oil government controlled industry contributes much to air pollution and climate change than the masses who are trying to survive without government help.

Maybe to the atmosphere, but we are talking of something that immediately affects people around where the gen is heavily used. Two months ago, some men in this nylon factory in my area died from the carbon monoxide from the gen. They had it in the factory where they were working. The harsh part about the way the fumes from the gen kills is that you won't even know you are dying...it is a silent killer. I am telling you this thing is really more serious than people think it is.

The gen cost about 12k...There is another type that cost 15k that is safer than that blue gen.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Divinehenrich(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2015
That gen has done more harm than good. A gen that wipe out a whole family in my villa that based in Lagos. The combination of fuel and oil in one chamber made it dangerous and harmful to human health. kudos to PMB.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by vislabraye(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2015
If there is steady light, there won't be need for generator. Small businesses need it. I'm happy that I don't use that type but we should empathise with those who use it
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by gurunlocker: 9:41am On Nov 19, 2015
provide stable electricity and watch the usage and importation of the gen die naturally.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by badu2580(m): 9:41am On Nov 19, 2015
dominique:
True there has been quite a number of avoidable deaths caused by this generator but outrightly banning it is a bit extreme. Stabilize power first, then those things will be history.
my words
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Eyop: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2015
Horlufemi:

that generator cost me my phone laptop and television. I will never buy I pass my neighbor generator.

instead buy the smallest normal generator. e.g. spg1800 generator 5liters = 10hrs. it lasts longer and better than that rubbish ipmn generator. its about 24k

And do you know the original Yamaha 950 (i pass my neighbour) from John Holt cost about #40,000 if not more and very durable. It's only the one sold between #9,500 and #15,000 that gives problem after weeks or months of usage.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by wiseoneking: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__
Sorry, the pollution of cars, big industrial pollution, gas flaring etc are worst than banning small generators. The solution is for the govt to provide enough power and small generator will go extinct. Let him ban other grades of generators also which also dangerous to health, then it will not been seen as targeting the poor and killing poor buisnesses. Dont just justify this move when you know that the govt got it all wrong. What if there is a mass local production in the country, will the govt stop the local industry producing it or stop people buying it from the market .

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Mariojane(f): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Dapperyou:
Meaning: Bachelors save your money for big gen, no more i better pass my neighbor... But come to think of it, gals go dey sweat for man pikin house gan now o... grin grin grin
it doesn't have to be a very big generator. for my apartment i am using a small generator a little bigger than this smallest one and it is just 25,000 and it power my refrigerator.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by hahn(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2015
[s]
ViNeHaNds:

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__
[/s]

Crap. If the dumb government provides stable electruicity, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place undecided

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Rex007: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2015
If banning the use of such generator is because of the CO being released into the environment, I wonder what kind of gas the other so called big generators in Nigeria do release? Any machine that runs on carbon source fuel will definitely release the same gas. Our vehicles, refineries and big machinery. If you think that's the best idea, then you must be joking. Rather, I believe the govt is stirring troubled waters because if the lower class can't make use of power supply for his day to day activities, amusement or distractions, I wonder what he would be doing when he's idle in the midst of no electricity or darkest.

Provide an alternative first.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by calaway: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2015
Divinehenrich:
That gen has done more harm than good. A gen that wipe out a whole family in my villa that based in Lagos. The combination of fuel and oil in one chamber made it dangerous and harmful to human health. kudos to PMB.
ZOMBIE!!!
use that your brain.

GOVERNMENT WILL DO BETTER TO EDUCATE CITIZENS ON THE PROPER/SAFE WAY TO USE SUCH ENGINES. ARE YOU THINKING THAT IF YOU RUN ANY GEN SET BUHARI HAS NOT BANNED IN YOUR ROOM THE CABON MONOXIDE WILL NOT KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY?

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2015
kayo80:

Maybe to the atmosphere, but we are talking of something that immediately affects people around where the gen is heavily used. Two months ago, some men in this nylon factory in my area died from the carbon monoxide from the gen. They had it in the factory where they were working. The harsh part about the way the fumes from the gen kills is that you won't even know you are dying...it is a silent killer. I am telling you this thing is really more serious than people think it is.

The gen cost about 12k...There is another type that cost 15k that is safer than that blue gen.
BLESS YOU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman And A Boy Collapse At Sallah Parade In Minna. Photos / Man Swims Inside Gutter In Owerri, Scoops Dirts With Bare Hands (Photos) / Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.