Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us (31022 Views)

Help: My Neighbour's Son Can Not Raise His Hands N Legs / Nigeria Alert!: Zika Virus In UK, What Is FG Doing To Protect Us / What Exactly Is The Microwave Doing To Your Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by duwdu: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2015
dominique:
True there has been quite a number of avoidable deaths caused by this generator but outrightly banning it is a bit extreme. Stabilize power first, then those things will be history.

You started off well. But then you now added that the system should continue to allow people (who are mostly not even aware of the danger,) to die or get maimed - with their health being irreparably deteriorated - while the society awaits for public power supply to be stabilized! That ain't cool or humanly, my dear friend.

What happened to the mantra, "prevention is better than cure?"

Come on, the subject measure is spot on.

P34c3
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Sammyblaq(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2015
As am writing...light no dey o. This is like making soup while Fufu no dey.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Jennifer89(f): 9:59am On Nov 19, 2015
what is the op saying seff? infact u need 72 hot slap for this rubbish

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by neocortex: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:
We should be greatful for the ban of that small generator, why? Because The environmental toxicity due to oily fumes emitted by this little machine is very deadly, that i can honestly tell you if you have had it fumes always in your environment and obviously have been breathing it, meehn, you have been seating on a long thing because you have been initiating a process to getting your lungs and hearts in a bad unfixable health conditions, your condition will surely be worst than a chain smoker( whom is liable to die young). Someone had to safe us from ourselves.

Another accomplist on this serious environment pollution and health hazard threat common in our environment is the popular tricycle(keke napep), honestly should get the ban too.

Reason being that the combustion system of this two machines are although economical due to its top fuel efficient utilization ability, i mean it saves fuel in long working hours, but lets mind our health more and embrace this bans.

Looking at the available option in the market there are other brands offering almost same fuel utilization efficiency and extremely low prices and good quality built engines to reducing the health hazard in our environments, you can check this brands to confirm.
The small businesses can embrace this other options.
I have been victim to the unheathy voltage supply of this "i better pass my neighbour" generator, its burnt a few of my phone chargers, which gets me wondering why it chooses to blow up charges and some other home appliances but wont power a refrigerator, infact, appliances like a barber clipper will reciprocate the sound emitted by this generator (which travels in its unheathy voltage).

LETS BE GRATEFUL TO THIS BAN, ITS A NICE ONE AND SHOULD BE COMMENDED, SAY NO TO JUNK APPLIANCES POLLUTING OUR ENVIRONMENTS, CAUSING US GREAT HEALTH IMPLICATIONS, WE DESERVE BETTER WITH OUR HARD EARN MONEY.

Whats the point making all the money when you wont live to enjoy the fruits of your labour, Thank you Mr president for safing us from ourselves.

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__

What is this doing on frontpage ?
How come everybody have suddenly become an expert
on "small generators" emissions ?
It is quite unfortunate that people who have no idea of
what combustion system is are the ones providing "expert"
advice on the issue.

Since radio frequency wave emanating from mobile phones
can cause cancer, it is better we beg Buhari to ban it.

Also , mobile phones have caused a lot of traffic accidents

Let us encourage and embrace the banning of mobile phones.
"let us be mindful of our health",
"let us be grateful" to Buhari for what he has done and what he will do.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Divinehenrich(m): 10:04am On Nov 19, 2015
I hate that gen so much
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by jonex30(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2015
Don't u think there should be alternative before this policy is introduce because of our power problem. The disadvantages of this policy is more than the advantage. Beside government is not doing this to save lives but for the economy.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by kodded(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2015
obailala:
I do not rhink it is a good idea to ban IPMN generators, now is definitely not the time. But then, what are the benefits of this?
Firstly, I do not doubt the killer pollution fumes that emanates from that generator; it mixes oil and fuel and burns off the oil + fuel (that is deadly). Secondly, the next higher generator (which doesnt mix oil + fuel) isnt so much more expensive. This policy will force people to cough out 50% more to buy safer generators, and I can assure you that with this ban in place, there are already people in Nnewi and Aba who have started fabricating perfect IPMN generators.

Zombies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2015
gudluckgreat:

You no suppose comment na if u no get time to read am.. Even in every nonsense there is sense my brother.

Bros I dey vex. How can someone say we should be grateful for such? Don't big generators release carbon?
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by calaway: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:
BLESS YOU.

YOU ARE ALL ILLITERATES!!! ZOMBIES!!!

THERE IS NO GENERATOR IN THIS WORLD THAT DOES NOT PRODUCE CARBON MONOXIDE AS IT BURN FUEL. ALL OF THEM WILL KILL YOU IF USED WRONGLY.

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by jaymichael(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2015
Though I support and believe this government to succeed, but I must admit this is a WRONG move.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by mu2sa2: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2015
jliusadura:
Let people buy big generator and share power instead of each person producing carbon monoxide. That way we can reduce pollution pending when there would be stable electricity.
Sharing is a good idea. I have seen a row of small shops each with a small generator in front belching heavy smoke. About 10 generators were involved and I wonder the amount of carbon monoxide the people there were breathing in. All the shop owners were lbo and it would have been easier & better for them to cooperate and have one or two generators and share.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Divinehenrich(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2015
Is very obvious that you lack manners and home training for you to make that silly comment. The govt only ban the importation of " I pass my neighbour gen in commercial quantities. There are other gen that are affordable and safer. By the way, why are you crying so hard about this new policy. Are you making a living by selling the aforementioned gen?
calaway:

ZOMBIE!!!
use that your brain.

GOVERNMENT WILL DO BETTER TO EDUCATE CITIZENS ON THE PROPER/SAFE WAY TO USE SUCH ENGINES. ARE YOU THINKING THAT IF YOU RUN ANY GEN SET BUHARI HAS NOT BANNED IN YOUR ROOM THE CABON MONOXIDE WILL NOT KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY?
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by matimaticle: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2015
The question is - is this move calculated or just at the whim of the government?

You can trust that this move yield good result in no time considering the credential Mr. Fash

There will certainly be a little pain
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by danton(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2015
Meeloreh:
People won't admit the havoc, Nigerians- dieing slowly since 1800.
In this case rapidly

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by rhemal: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:
We should be greatful for the ban of that small generator, why? Because The environmental toxicity due to oily fumes emitted by this little machine is very deadly, that i can honestly tell you if you have had it fumes always in your environment and obviously have been breathing it, meehn, you have been seating on a long thing because you have been initiating a process to getting your lungs and hearts in a bad unfixable health conditions, your condition will surely be worst than a chain smoker( whom is liable to die young). Someone had to safe us from ourselves.

Another accomplist on this serious environment pollution and health hazard threat common in our environment is the popular tricycle(keke napep), honestly should get the ban too.

Reason being that the combustion system of this two machines are although economical due to its top fuel efficient utilization ability, i mean it saves fuel in long working hours, but lets mind our health more and embrace this bans.

Looking at the available option in the market there are other brands offering almost same fuel utilization efficiency and extremely low prices and good quality built engines to reducing the health hazard in our environments, you can check this brands to confirm.
I have been victim to the unheathy voltage supply of this "i better pass my neighbour" generator, its burnt a few of my phone chargers, which gets me wondering why it chooses to blow up charges and some other home appliances but wont power a refrigerator, infact, appliances like a barber clipper will reciprocate the sound emitted by this generator (which travels in its unheathy voltage).

LETS BE GRATEFUL TO THIS BAN, ITS A NICE ONE AND SHOULD BE COMMENDED, SAY NO TO JUNK APPLIANCES POLLUTING OUR ENVIRONMENTS, CAUSING US GREAT HEALTH IMPLICATIONS, WE DESERVE BETTER WITH OUR HARD EARN MONEY.

Whats the point making all the money when you wont live to enjoy the fruits of your labour, Thank you Mr president for safing us from ourselves.

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__

someone could not sleep in the night so he opted to post this garbage that made front page.why not take your rant to the govt that can't provide constant electricity to its citizens because it is their fault that this issue of usage of generator started.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Bigcake: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2015
Segadem:
Is op a primary 3 pupil? How can u spell Grateful as greatful?
Maybe the fumes from the generator polluted his brain.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by miqos02(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2015
yes oh
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by daphid25(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2015
I light dey, people nogo use am
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by mfm04622: 10:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Please note that this generator was not banned by this govt, just being implemented by this govt as usual. We should support this ban. True all generators emit pollutants, but that of small generator is worse because of the oil mixed with the fuel. The oil is not used it in the generator but emitted into the air for us to breathe
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Vainglory: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2015
neocortex:

What is this doing on frontpage ?
How come everybody have suddenly become an expert
on "small generators" emissions ?
It is quite unfortunate that people who have no idea of
what combustion system is are the ones providing "expert"
advice on the issue.

Since radio frequency wave emanating from mobile phones
can cause cancer, it is better we beg Buhari to ban it.

Also , mobile phones have caused a lot of traffic accidents

Let us encourage and embrace the banning of mobile phones.
"let us be mindful of our health",
"let us be grateful" to Buhari for what he has done and what he will do.
Thank you . I was expecting to read an analysis from a mechanical engineer or a physicist on the peculiar properties of this type of generators, only to get this. Imagine somebody coming to a public forum to advice us on a subject he knows little or nothing about. My thinking is that the president has been ill advised on this matter. The economic benefits of this little machine to the common man outweigh the issues they are bringing up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by lakeside30: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
End time facts.. It's not ideal after all but what's up those that can't afford the big ones

Good comment,first time though.up lasisi
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by neonly: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2015
Bubu jst want to compensate someone to bring in big Gen remember safety sticker Dat road safety introduced some year ago nd made it mandatory to have it on yur car were is it nw
Bunch of wicked leader may yur day be cut short like allison madukeeeeeeee
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by lasisi69(f): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2015
lakeside30:

Good comment,first time though.up lasisi
lol @lakeside

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by uzuz(f): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2015
ViNeHaNds:

#remain bless

__VINEHANDS__

The SON, sometimes I wonder what their job is... There should be a standard of production for all these stuff but the problem is that they are not regulated by anyone and China brings in any and everything into Nigeria. Shame upon the government and not the masses who have no other choice!
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by oludashmi(f): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello Nairalanders

Here's one of us who recently got married and seeking your votes to win a contest to SA. Pls support by LIKING THEIR PIX. Hers is the link.... https:///nXGevm

Thanks thanks
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by miqos02(m): 10:52am On Nov 19, 2015
PLANETMARS:
U eat meat cancer,u drink beer diabetes,u straf babe hiv,u shake ur pardi ebola, u on gen environmental pollution shit! Abegiii all die na die.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Guyman02: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2015
theplushist:
Maybe you are a dependant. You probably stay in Lekki and don't know how light gets to your appartment. You are probably a teenager typing away mindlessly at his phone.
If you understood how the average business owner survives. How the tailor, the hairdresser, the barber.. Survives.

Yes you probably don't know how Iya amuda's baby cries at night and won't shut up until the fan is on. Bans AMUDA puts on her small gen because Nepa would never ever give them light.
How even the ordinary blogger who sees electricity only once in 3 days and has to put on the gen every 3 hours survives, you won't spew such ignorance.

You cant convince the APC e-rats that PMB can make a mistake. They are paid to defend him on social media since during the election campaign.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by lomprico(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Are you aware that the fumes from a diesel powered Gen is more lethal than that of a PMS powered Gen.

Is the motive behind this post of yours a bid to defend just about anything this admin props up?

Instead of placing an outright ban, why not introduce stringent conditions that ALL Generators must be made to pass through?

Why not place a tight leash and crackdown on those who import inferior products?

Why is this government so insensitive to the plight of the masses?

Why does Buhari keep playing the aloof card over the hardships the average Nigerian goes through Daily?

How much more of wanton decisions like this are we yet to see?

Please do yourself a favour and stop defending the indefensible.
God bless you again and again. The useless FG cannot strengthen SON to make sure substandard products don't come into our country. They r busy causing more hardship for the poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by lomprico(m): 11:08am On Nov 19, 2015
koboko69:
The usless generator have killed many families
You r a fool!
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by ezebunafo(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
End time facts.. It's not ideal after all but what's up those that can't afford the big ones
this is the longest comment from you in ages.
Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by lasisi69(f): 11:14am On Nov 19, 2015
ezebunafo:
this is the longest comment from you in ages.
Chai.. U no well

1 Like

Re: What The Small Generator (I Better Pass My Neighbour) Is Doing To Us by Koolmexxi(m): 11:19am On Nov 19, 2015
It is exactly the double standards we deceive ourselves with and live by dat is holding us in dis nation down and dats why we are yet to graduate from developing nation since God knows wen. I can bet if dis had been put forward by the past administration, it would have led to some revolution and met with stiff opposition from almost everyone (subsidy removal was a good example). D OP's excuses and reasons would have made sense if other similar measures have also being tackled. Nigerians are not comfortable with the use of I-better-pass-my-neighbour generator even though its about d most affordable out there but wat other option does d barbing saloon or d other small businesses which run on electricity have considering how eternally epileptic and totally untrustworthy the power sector has been. An average big gen set of say about 2.0kw costs nothing less than 35 thousand naira; how many families can afford dat. In serious minded countries, gen sets only serve as back up to electricity supply but in dis country it is d other way round. If power sector improves in dis country why would anyone need a small gen?? Make una wey b fanboys dey fool unaselves with wateva justifications u want to com up with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Confirms 4 COVID-19 Deaths / What Is Function Of Alomo Bitter In The Body System / Community Panics Over Decaying Body In Lagos State-owned Gardens (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.