Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals (20851 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Lagos Begins Urban Regeneration Of Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja G.R.A / Nigerian Passport Renewal In UK- Feeling Ripped Off! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by eunisam: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
what about Ebonyi?
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by ocee31(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
And all these were achieved without having federal might.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by fratermathy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
eunisam:
what about Ebonyi?

Abakaliki? cheesy

Why do you feel it should make the list? #No Offense

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by HopeAtHand: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Another rubbish thread from fratermathy

PH has largest number of slums, then what is Lagos.
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by bellville: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Well-researched article. I've had the opportunity to visit some Nigerian state capitals (eg Jalingo and Makurdi)and observe that only the major roads leading to their secretariats look developed (thanks to banks with their beautiful structures). All other areas still retain the rural outlook. The governors need to do more.

Shop for books. Check my signature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by fratermathy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Another rubbish thread from fratermarthy

You are welcome my friend. I missed you big time. cool

Take a chair, pick a struggle and proceed.! tongue

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by fratermathy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Another rubbish thread from fratermathy

Why do you choose to see only the bad side? Why didn't you see the good things I wrote? Didn't I write about slums in Lagos too? Didn't I write about the negative things in other cities?

Like I said, welcome! grin

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Another rubbish thread from fratermathy .
Y u they beaf my guy na ?.. calm down oo.. abi u 1 chop slap grin grin

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by MrEverest(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nice article. I agree with the writer in most cases especially about Uyo, Owerri, Calabar and Enugu but I think that P.harcourt is a bit over-rated and lacks the room for further development bearing in mind the swampy nature and the centralization of almost all economic activity on Aba road. About Uyo, if Dubai can be one of the most beautiful cities in the world within a generation due to oil money, then I don't see any reason why uyo should not emerge as a world class city.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by adamx23(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
This is horseshit..Kaduna is far better than all the eastern cities combined...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by basilo101: 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
Uyo is still a village. Beautiful roads and flyovers, streets lights and flowers etc but dat doesnt change d fact dat its still a village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Montaque(m): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nigeria needs to put emphasis on urban and regional planning, zoning and physical planning.
we have landmass enough to contain the population, but due to lack of planning, we live in slums.
almost all the big cities u mentioned has slums in it. And its a minus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by HopeAtHand: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
fratermathy:

You are welcome my friend. I missed you big time. cool

Take a chair, pick a struggle and proceed.! tongue

No be quarrel nau.. cheesy grin

Goodboiy, tell your padiman say no tears, no joy..everything normal.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Uyo is the fastest growing city in africa

in nigeria ,maybe.

3 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by AkwaIbomrep1: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Rush now to uyo the Akwa ibom state capital & acquire a portion of land for a very affordable price because in the next two yrs. Land will be sold @ sky rocket prices ... Uyo the next Dubai of Africa ....''invest in Akwa ibom''

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by bonechamberlain(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
⭕1. Kamasutra says : If you suck one nipple, the woman herself offers the other one. And that was the origin of "buy one get one free"!

⭕2. Did you ever notice: everything on a woman's upper body starts with a "B". Blouse, Bra, Bikini, Boobs & lower body with a "P" Peticoat, panties, pussy... That's origin of "BP"!

⭕3. Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you dress only yourself. Moral: In life no one helps you once you're bleeped.

⭕4. Success is like pregnancy. Everybody congratulates you but nobody knows how many times you got bleeped to achieve it.
⭕5. Life is like a dick, sometimes it becomes hard for no reason.

⭕6. Practical thought: A husband is supposed to make his wife's panties wet, not her eyes. A wife is supposed to make her husband's dick hard, not his life..!

⭕When a lady is pregnant,
all her friends touch her stomach ad say "Congrats!".
But none of them come and touch the man's Penis and say "Well done!".
Moral: Hard work is never appreciated: Only results matter.

grin this guy na wa for this ur post. though true and real ..
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Rawani: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2015

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Rawani: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Rawani: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
JIGAWA

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by DoctorMcgruff: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Thats the best Kaduna has to offer? LOOL
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Rawani: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
[size=14pt]KADUNA[/size]

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by 400billionman: 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
I agree with your list intoto. Having been to all the cities you mentioned. Some people will soon arrive here and start telling us that Ibadan has 2 SHOPRITE outlets as indices of development.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Rawani: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by 400billionman: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
fados4sure:

Be deceiving yourself. Uyo is not even among top ten fastest growing city

Name the top, 10 please.

He may have used the wrong word, " Growing ". In terms of development, Uyo is the fastest in Africa, if you want to argue, let us go and spend Christmas in Uyo.

To cap it, the development is allover the state, not just Uyo, the state capital. Julius Berger now has a permanent office in the state.
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by basilo101: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
OP didn't put a wider coverage of Enugu. A better picture of Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Spiff20(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
Nice post Op i couldn't agree more with your list and that guy that said Uyo is still a village ur not far from the truth.
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Prestdude: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Rawani:
JIGAWA

My brother, am currently serving in Jigawa, Dutse is a glorified village, Kazuare is far below, Gumel is one local town, adeja is far from developing.... so pls if you have to add any northern state remove Jigawa. A state created since 1991 but lacks besic social infratrusture.
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by IGBOPRINCE: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Fratermathy welcome back.. Nice article.. But it will Be better if u delist asaba from Your post.. Asaba ain't improving wen it comes to Development all thanks to P**.. yea owerri is fast Developing with time it will make that list.

Thumbs up to The Government of Lag , Ph and Uyo.. They tried
asaba ain't improving when it comes to development abi. I hear you well.
How will asaba improves when the urhrobos, isokos and co have being ruling the state for a long time. They all did what they ought to do in warri town which is not the capital but to be if anioma separate.
all projects and plans to transformed asaba to london is being hijacked by non igbos in delta state.
Today, you opened ur mouth to tell op not to include asaba..hmmm.

Oga dimma

op, you include enugwu to make us feels at home to comments abi
Well done...cheesy

Nice job.cheesy

But yeye dey hang sad
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
400billionman:

Name the top, 10 please.

He may have used the wrong word, " Growing ". In terms of development, Uyo is the fastest in Africa, if you want to argue, let us go and spend Christmas in Uyo.

To cap it, the development is allover the state, not just Uyo, the state capital. Julius Berger now has a permanent office in the state.
Re: Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
asaba ain't improving when it comes to development abi. I hear you well.
How will asaba improves when the urhrobos, isokos and co have being ruling the state for a long time. They all did what they ought to do in warri town which is not the capital but to be if anioma separate.
all projects and plans to transformed asaba to london is being hijacked by non igbos in delta state.
Today, you opened ur mouth to tell op not to include asaba..hmmm.

Oga dimma

op, you include enugwu to make us feels at home to comments abi
Well done...cheesy

Nice job.cheesy

But yeye dey hang sad

calm down bro.. Don't tribalize everything...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mob Wakes Man Up After Beating Him To Stupor For Causing Accident In Delta / Flood Update In Idah LGA Of Kogi State / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.