Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) (33298 Views)

Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood / People Trapped In A Burning Building In Oluwole, Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by bettercreature(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

I'll see her later in the evening. I couldn't tell what exactly led to the fire but I'm suspecting electrical fault. It's the most prominent cause of domestic fires.
Are you sure you were actually going to work?
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

As a former fireman, I've trained my household on how to disconnect the home in case of a domestic fire, have fire prevention diagrams carefully placed in my house, have a potable for extinguisher. No taking of any chances.
Good day Bro. Could you create a thread on this and enlighten us?
Hope your weekend improves. Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by pet4ril(f): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2015
Thats why they say no knowledge is waste... If you studied medical doctor and opportuned to work as a mechanic for the main time, please dont turn it down for no one knows of what help its going to be to you and the masses at large in the future...... God blesa you former fire fighter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by pet4ril(f): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2015
Thats why they say no knowledge is waste... If you studied medical doctor and opportuned to work as a mechanic for the main time, please dont turn it down for no one knows of what help its going to be to you and the masses at large in the future...... God blesa you former fire fighter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2015
peppyluv02:
My dearest dearpreye..the real change. smiley

My dear, it was great being of a little assistance to our brothers and sisters. Good morning.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by UjSizzle(f): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for the kind words. I'll actually love to do that. Lemme see my schedule. But there are different kinds of fire.....I guess domestic fire management tips, right?
Yes, domestic fire management tips.
No pressure, at your convenience. A student will always wait smiley
**Please tag me when it's up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:
Fire engines in action.

Hey! I'm proud of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by suzziematini(f): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
I dint want to sound wicked, but a fire would have ensured better planning of buildings..see how disorganised and unplanned those buildings are....mehn dat place na slum.

Be quiet and thank God for what you have. You are only lucky to have a little comfort. That slum is someone's haven. And someone's most priced possession was probably consumed in the fire......wrongest thing to say at this point in time.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Hey! I'm proud of you.

Thank you, dear. Thank you.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Good morning
dearpreye:

My dear, it was great being of a little assistance to our brothers and sisters. Good morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

UjSizzle:

Yes, domestic fire management tips.
No pressure, at your convenience. A student will always wait smiley
**Please tag me when it's up.

No wahala. Will surely do.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Goodnuel: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I learnt something from you today..never knew that PHEDC bill was of any relevance other than preventing them from cutting off power..

I dnt pray for fire, but the knowledge u shared will come in handy whenever the need arises.
Pls, how does cutting off power help reduce the fire??
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Enoquin(f): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

No sensible person prays for any emergency let alone fire but these incidents happen whenever the control measures are inadequate.

As a former fireman, I've trained my household on how to disconnect the home in case of a domestic fire, have fire prevention diagrams carefully placed in my house, have a potable for extinguisher. No taking of any chances.

Yes. The NEPA bill can serve other purposes. LOL!

Learning stops at the grave.

It is great how you helped out, and how you've provided tips to your family on what to do if there ever was a fire. However, I think your knowledge on that and the PHED bill should be shared on social media and around your neighbourhood.

I have always said if I ever had a fire outbreak, I will throw out my gas cylinder first but that might be wrong or way down in the list of what to do. Who knows what I'll truly do, in a state of panic. I don't pray for any fire though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2015
Hummmmmm............ Hero of our time....3 gbosas for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Annchizzy(f): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2015
u really try God bless u for ur contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by plezant(f): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2015
This is between railway and Elijiji junct. Saw it this morning too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Speakdatruth: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2015
thumbs up dude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by missKiffy(f): 9:06am On Nov 20, 2015
You were your brothers keeper, good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Living4christ(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Many thanks sir. The person in blue wasn't me. I took the shots myself.

tHEN HOW WERE YOU INVOLVED IN THE FIRE FIGHTING, AND TAKING PICTURES ?
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Aitee1: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Tedassie:

amesiere o

Asian Udoesit amesiernde grin
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by smartcount002: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2015
I passed through this place this morning, just close to Railway along Woji road as I was on my way to work . I must congratulate you @dearpreye and the fire fighters. Their prompt response was a thing to cherish. I never knew Rivers state's fire service is this upgraded with modern fire trucks and personnel well kitted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Tedassie(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Aitee1:

Asian Udoesit amesiernde grin
adadie dionhon k'eying ami adedeh?
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
suzziematini:

Be quiet and thank God for what you have. You are only lucky to have a little comfort. That slum is someone's haven. And someone's most priced possession was probably consumed in the fire......wrongest thing to say at this point in time.

I didnt blame them for their loss..i only highlighted the obvious disorganised manner in which the houses were built...its an indictment of the organ of govt responsible for building codes and urban development.

Sincerely, on another day, their loss would have been far worse and we would complain of how inefficient the fire service is without remembering that they beed access roads to get to the area of emergency.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Aitee1: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Tedassie:

adadie dionhon k'eying ami adedeh?

Chaiii...see strong annang! Meaning I dey learn work grin
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Tedassie(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Aitee1:

Chaiii...see strong annang! Meaning I dey learn work grin
tongue
funny enough...i'm not even annang,by the way which 'ifod' yan u sey na ma name be dat¿
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Aitee1: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2015
Tedassie:
tongue
funny enough...i'm not even annang,by the way which 'ifod' yan u sey na ma name be dat¿

Afia iföd grin
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Tedassie(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Aitee1:

Afia iföd grin
Lol..Afia ifod ke mmo? ke profile ami?
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by lokaci: 9:57am On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari is working.. APC is working.. Nigeria is working..
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Aitee1: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2015
Tedassie:

Lol..Afia ifod ke mmo? ke profile ami?

smiley
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Tedassie(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2015
Aitee1:

smiley
adah tang su nem imam,Itoro...ato uke by the way?
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Many thanks sir. The person in blue wasn't me. I took the shots myself.

God bless you for offering a hand of help...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by FrankValency(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2015
chipzidar:
Na so ph dey? E urg ooo grin
lolzz,na babes like you na, see as dem dey hustle for their "empty big bags" , tomorrow ,when dey dress finish come out,dem go dey form babes from Banana island.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aba Tenant Given List Of Items To Contribute Following Death Of His Landlord / Casa Ava: The Finishing / The Making Of The "White Penthouse" In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.