Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) (33120 Views)

Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood / People Trapped In A Burning Building In Oluwole, Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by BCISLTD: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
angry
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by freshness2020: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

No sensible person prays for any emergency let alone fire but these incidents happen whenever the control measures are inadequate.

As a former fireman, I've trained my household on how to disconnect the home in case of a domestic fire, have fire prevention diagrams carefully placed in my house, have a potable for extinguisher. No taking of any chances.

Yes. The NEPA bill can serve other purposes. LOL!

Learning stops at the grave.

Please the bolded, can you share the instructions with us..

Tnx already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by mozkunzult: 7:57am On Nov 20, 2015
this must have a connection with storing up fuel... pls the weather is dried no one should store fuel at home in the name of haveing reserves.. we know its scarce but this kind of incident could be avoided.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by UjSizzle(f): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

No sensible person prays for any emergency let alone fire but these incidents happen whenever the control measures are inadequate.

As a former fireman, I've trained my household on how to disconnect the home in case of a domestic fire, have fire prevention diagrams carefully placed in my house, have a potable for extinguisher. No taking of any chances.

Yes. The NEPA bill can serve other purposes. LOL!

Learning stops at the grave.
Thanks for working smart.

About that fire training, it'd be nice if you could create a thread explaining some of those tips to us, please?
Thanks in advance smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Please the bolded, can you share the instructions with us..

Tnx already.

If your cutout is located outside your apartment, removing it from the box is the FIRST action incase of any suspected fire incident. But you have to do that with your hands covered in dry material. Cut off the supply of power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
you did well my bro...helping neighbors is one thing we should never neglect...kudos my bro for applying knowledge to help kill the fire....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by prettytasha(f): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
Is DT woji @ op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by ademega(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2015
proactive man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Opetech(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 20, 2015
UjSizzle:

Thanks for working smart.

About that fire training, it'd be nice if you could create a thread explaining some of those tips to us, please?
Thanks in advance smiley

Thanks for the kind words. I'll actually love to do that. Lemme see my schedule. But there are different kinds of fire.....I guess domestic fire management tips, right?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, You are our Hero for the day. What a wonderful sacrifice. May God comfort them.

Many thanks. Sure a few people wil have to seek new apartment. Thanks,once again.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2015
mozkunzult:
this must have a connection with storing up fuel... pls the weather is dried no one should store fuel at home in the name of haveing reserves.. we know its scarce but this kind of incident could be avoided.

It's a possibility but we could be too sure at the moment. Electrical fire is very prevalent in compacted settlements.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Tedassie(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2015
Aitee1:
shocked
amesiere o
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2015
ademega:
proactive man

Thanks. That word is very strong in the HSE Profession.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2015
prettytasha:
Is DT woji @ op

Precisely Rumurolu but Woji is assumed to cover that axis too.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:
Good morning. I hate being a harbinger of bad news. But I have to report this. This is an eyewitness account.

On my way to work this morning, I saw a huge plume of fire spewing into the air. The fire burning in a neighbourhood that's so compacted with most of the houses being batchers. These house are so close it's even a great discomfort to find a narrow road leading in the neighbourhood.

As I quickened my feet and moved towards it I saw the locals bring in out their belongings in distress and panic mode. I just knew the fire was going to engulf a few more houses;the same fear the locals shared.

I tried calling a friend to warn her about the incident, but she didn't respond. I believe she was also responding to the incident. As someone withas a few years in fire fighting and prevention experience, I knew what to do. I tore a NEPA bill from one of the houses around and called a number on it to ask the responder to cut power supply to the Rumurolu axis. Moments later the power was out.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the Fire Service headed the fire scene. Some proactive persons may have made that call. I assisted in creating a space big enough for them to operate, directed them, asked the locals to evacuate the scene and the firemen bravely swung into action.

As at the time of snapping the scene, the fire was about 80% under control. I had to leave for work.

I believe there wrong be any casualty. But a few persons will be rendered homeless in the interim.

Lalasticalala, please do the needful.
Dearpreye filing this eye witness report from Port Harcourt for Nairaland Forum. Pls my people hamattan don come make we becareful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Many thanks sir. The person in blue wasn't me. I took the shots myself.

I doubt he'll be going to work dressed like that unless he's a bus conductor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 20, 2015
IzonOwei:
you did well my bro...helping neighbors is one thing we should never neglect...kudos my bro for applying knowledge to help kill the fire....

My brother, experience proved quote useful. But more kudos to whover alerted the for service.....and the brave firefighters themselves.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I doubt he'll be going to work dressed like that unless he's a bus conductor

Very funny. Work na work.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Dearpreye filing this eye witness report from Port Harcourt for Nairaland Forum. Pls my people hamattan don come make we becareful.

Very apt advice. We need to very careful at the moment.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

My brother, experience proved quote useful. But more kudos to whover alerted the for service.....and the brave firefighters themselves.
thats true...you all tried...we need more of such support amongst ourselves instead of hate...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
I dint want to sound wicked, but a fire would have ensured better planning of buildings..see how disorganised and unplanned those buildings are....mehn dat place na slum.

*sigh* no hope at hand
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Bamz(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2015
Dearpreye

Nigeria needs more people like you. Thank you for owning the situation. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 20, 2015
IzonOwei:
thats true...you all tried...we need more of such support amongst ourselves instead of hate...

In the fire service, hate has NO place. It's against the fire ethics to have persons keep malice. Human life is invaluable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Bamz:
Dearpreye

Nigeria needs more people like you. Thank you for owning the situation. God bless you.

This nation has millions of brave and empathic people. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to have worked as a fireman in times past.

God bless you too.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Very funny. Work na work.

The question be as e get na , you talk say you dey go work before you come jam fire , was he expecting you to go to work in shorts and one casual looking polo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Ok..Tnx grin

dearpreye:

If your cutout is located outside your apartment, removing it from the box is the FIRST action incase of any suspected fire incident. But you have to do that with your hands covered in dry material. Cut off the supply of power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Motolank: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Euro31:
Dearpreye are u the man on blue ?

God bless u for helping em out
Yes, he is in blue and took the pic from behind too
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by slap1(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2015
People who support GEJ get sense. Thank you, dearpreye.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2015
My dearest dearpreye..the real change. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by leonivas: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2015
If you truly did so fine and thanks be to GOD

BUT just make sure u didn't come to a fire scene and started taking pix instead of helping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.