Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) (36484 Views)

Missing Soldiers Found - Army Spokesman / Soldiers Return To Oporoza In Delta State / 105 Missing Soldiers: Nigerians Are Being Conned, Buratai Is Not Being Truthful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Kgdavid(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
I thought the Army spokesman denied the publication. Barely 24hrs after denying the news they now said they have been found.
Propaganda everywhere

you people that like to play with words as if you don't know what you're doing. He never said they have been "found" which if he had, would have implied that they were indeed missing. but you already knew that, which is why you chose to use that word to implicitly pass on the message to more gullible readers.

What the report indeed, did say was that the allegedly missing soldiers have returned to their units and base. RETURNED and FOUND are not synonyms!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
I thought the Army spokesman denied the publication. Barely 24hrs after denying the news they now said they have been found.
Propaganda everywhere
I thought The CAS said there was no kidnap
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Orikinla(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
They went to look for the missing Chibok school girls. And the happily married girls told them that they were doing fine. In fact, they are now happy mothers.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by referandum(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2015
saintopus:
I knew from the beginning that the missing 105 military men was a huge scam just as I knew from the beginning that the Chibok girls was a scam.

This GEJ sef....!!!

I don't know why I love this GEJ....!!!

no be only you dont you seee how his smile is ever genuine and gracious
ever at ease with himself he made governing look so easy that #bubu toughtr he could replicate him
abeg nairalanders who said this
"political ambition is not worth the blood of and Nigerian"?
"i would mnake this country ungovernable if i dont win in 2015"?
the answer is obvious even they know it
its clear that maturity is nt about age but apllication of what Ben BRUCE calls #.............. you know nah tell bubu supporters

1 Like

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by abiambo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
And u still believed lol... I pity us na so so believe w/o reasoning we dey do...
#HookLineSinker
ajepako:
Thought the army refuted this claim yesterday

How come they are now confirming the ' return of 100 soldiers' after that blatant denial?

Chai.. Propaganda is a new course under this administration

Anyway, I'm glad the poor soldiers returned safe , sound and in one piece..

Lying Liars, kontinu...
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Billygee2u: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
Propaganda everywhere
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by ajepako(f): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
abiambo:
And u still believed lol... I pity us na so so believe w/o reasoning we dey do...
#HookLineSinker

Reading through my comment, do I sound like someone who believes their tale by moonlight?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by abiambo(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
U sha thanked God for their return[sup][/sup]
undecided
ajepako:

Reading through my comment, do I sound like someone who believes their tale by moonlight?

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by ajepako(f): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
abiambo:
U sha thanked God for their return[sup][/sup]
undecided

As a good and decent human, of course I thank God for their safe return.

Or you want 105 soldiers to fall into the hands of BH?

They are someone's families for god's sake...

And fellow Nigerians..
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Billygee2u: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
PLANETMARS:
A student failed JAMB 5 tyms. 1 day, she travelled 2 visit her frnd in UNIBEN, she fell sick & was admitted to a hospital there. She later called her mum & said...

GIRL: Hello ma
MUM: The place is silent, whr r u?
GIRL: I'm in UNIBEN
MUM: Wooow finally, thank God o
GIRL: I was admitted
MUM: Thats great o. God has disgraced the witches in ur father's house dat don't want you to go to school (laughing & dancing)

GIRL: Mama na Malaria o
MUM: Malaria is a gud course o my daughter, plz take it serious o
GIRL: I would b discharged 2moro
MUM: God forbid my daughter!!!. U go complete ur four years over there in Jesus name.
Girl: God punish Illiteracy!!!
Mum: Amen..... coz I heard dat d lecturer is very wicked.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by anyaekekehinde(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2015
Kgdavid:

you people that like to play with words as if you don't know what you're doing. He never said they have been "found" which if he had, would have implied that they were indeed missing. but you already knew that, which is why you chose to use that word to implicitly pass on the message to more gullible readers.

What the report indeed, did say was that the allegedly missing soldiers have returned to their units and base. RETURNED and FOUND are not synonyms!

oga it is you that love to play With words, don't think everyone on nairaland lack comprehension skills like you do. The excerpt below didn't use the word return, he used re-joined . They rejoined from where ?. Secondly the the excerpt show that the word missing was used as against your devilish lie that it wasn't used.

The Nigeria army spokesman Colonel Sani Usman in a statement late Thursday night said soldiers missing after a Boko Haram attacks in Gudumbali and Kareto in Borno State have rejoined their units.

Earlier on Thursday, media reports said some 105 soldiers went missing in action ‎after they engaged Boko Haram terrorists.

Usman's statement described the incident as a slight setback for the Nigerian troops operating in the Northern Borno State towns of Gudumbali and Kareto, saying, the situation was being stabilized.

He added that "The troops have re-joined their units for further action."‎

1 Like

Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by gbengene07(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
Glory to God for coming back in good health
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by holysina(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
I made front page, first in history. celebrating with dom perignon smiley
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by IMO22(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
Propaganda everywhere
NIGERIA!!!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by mindtricks: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
kodded:
cc passingshot beremx omenka IyaIode

I thought you clowns claim that no soldier was missing ? undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

cheesy
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by petrov10: 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
PassingShot:

The loss has proved to be too devastating for you to handle. No P, you still have seven and half more years to do the wailing. Once in a while I will oblige you by replying to my mention by you.
passingshot leave that guy and comment on the post abi u dey dodge??
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Tweak2k: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
holysina:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/missing-soldiers-return-join-u-nits-army/120417.html#R2AzJgPrrF3PAd4Q.99

Hmm they're so much conspiracy going on in the Nigerian Army... So many secret, lies folded.. I hope they wouldn't be like the american military force..#Secret hidden

"When Israel attack American....
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by desy24444(m): 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
I thought day said no soldier was missing. Now they re missing bt av joined their unit. Why lie? Fidelity is part of government irrespective of d situation
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by gabbyp(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2015
Pictures please! it speaks louder than words!
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Hiploko(m): 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
The other thread has pictures and the op said they are for the soldiers. Who do we believe now? https://www.nairaland.com/2750693/dead-body-105-soldiers-killed/4
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by PassingShot(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
petrov10:
passingshot leave that guy and comment on the post abi u dey dodge??
And what is in the post to comment about?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by bankoleben(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
It's unfortunate that most of the people commenting here actually wished the kidnap story was true.
The statement being referred to in this news item was actually the same statement issued by the military yesterday, not a different one. The reporter only drew his inference from that report.
At no time did the military admit that any soldier was missing or any 'missing' soldier returned.
You're actually free to believe whatever you wish to believe.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by oloyede252(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
Omotayor123:
I thought they said they were never missing!
Yeye dey smell undecided

Anywayz, welcome back soldiers.
ok.they said soldiiers were missing/kidnappd and in less than 72hrs,they were back.
Common sense will tell you they werent missing as the media exaggeratd it bt simply a tactical movement.so was the army lying?
You guy just like negative news.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by richeso: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
This is not about the Army lying here.. all information MUST come from the Min of Info. which is Lie ...
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by oz4real83(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
grin ;They weren't missing. It was "tactical manouvre". They did it before and entered cameroon. This is the part 2 of it. My question now is that: where did they "tactically manouvred" to this time around?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Scholes007(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
oz4real83:
grin ;They weren't missing. It was "tactical manouvre". They did it before and entered cameroon. This is the part 2 of it. My question now is that: where did they "tactically manouvred" to this time around?
haha
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by agamenon(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
By my own calculation,is like the bokoharam soldiers captured the barrack and thus. The Nigeria soldiers fled and the insurgent left with heavy amourd tank.
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by princefaculty(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
Me p deceiving yourselves and a handful of others because most Nigerians are more enlightened now and won't be fooled around
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by bellotaofeek: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
Propaganda everywhere

They are liars! Have you forgotten ow they claimed the yet to be found chibok gals were rescued?
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Eggheaded(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
Are they not missing before. Nigeria army is a scam
Re: Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) by Reference(m): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
obailala:
Nigerian politics can really be amusing and annoying at the same time. This is exactly the situation that played out in the Jonathanian era, albeit now in the opposite direction.

I remember just last year when Boko haram would overrun a town and seize control, mainstream media was barred from reporting such stories however only uncontrolled media houses like saharareporters kept reporting such events. The former administration and their hoard of supporters were always on the hot seat denying the stories and heaping all sorts of allegations on sahara reporters, BBC, Aljazeera, CNN and APC as being boko haram sympathisers because they dared to report the facts as it was against the government's wish. The irony of all the denials then was that few days later, all the newspapers and news stations will then be awash with stories of the Nigerian army gallantly re-capturing a town which they denied was ever captured.

Today the exact reverse is the case, some unfortunate incident happens, the army denies, the APC government denies, the APC supporters deny and the Jonathanians fault all the denials... and then a day later, the army which hitherto denied that anyone was lost will turn around and claim that the lost soldiers have returned gallantly... and then the jonathanians will revel and sing 'we told you'

Nigerian brand of politics and patriotism is sickening. Politics should never be played with security issues.

Now you know...simply because it has turned full circle. That is why it is important for power to rotate. So that the barbacue steak can get done evenly. It is APC's turn for a roasting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju "Offered N1 Million At Gunpoint" To Suspend #FreeSowore Protest / Nweke Peter: Thugs Beat Man To Death At A Polling Unit In Ebonyi (Photo) / We Are Against Nnamdi Kanu's Agitation For Biafra - S'east Governors, Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.