Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? (711 Views)

Big Bang Or God? / What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? / My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by huxley2(m): 12:03am On May 22, 2009
When the God speaks of other gods, what exactly does he mean? Why does He call these other entities gods? Is there a difference between these other gods and the God. Do these other gods have some or all of the capabilities of the God?

Why does the God not refer to them as something else if they were truly distinct from His own nature? Could it be because the nature of gods and the God are exactly the same. Hence the reason the God referred to them as god?

Does this explain why the God is a jealous god, because he does not like the other gods? If these other entities were not real gods, why would the God be jealous of them?
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by jagunlabi(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2009
The "gods" that these holy texts talk about were most probably alien humanoids with overblown egos who loved to be referred to as "gods".Even the creature referred to in capital G as God was also most probably another alien humanoid who was of some importance,probably a commander of an alien fleet.They may have been very technically advanced then,but spiritually they were as immature us humans now.
Conjectures,ofcourse. smiley
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by jagunlabi(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2009
To answer your question directly,though.
"Yes,humans can,have done and still do create gods out of fantasy or out of ordinary humans that they admire."
God created man in his image,and man returned the favour and created god(s) in their own image.
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by Horus(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2009
We can ask ourselves, do Gods come in ranks?. According to their bible,Yes, of course, that’s why they have the “Most” this and the “Most” that in reference to God. Also that’s why god is found plural in the Bible , and the constant repetition of, “have no other gods before me,” confirms the existence of other Gods. “I am the God of Abraham,” confirms a specific god for the children of Abraham as opposed to the children of others, as the Black Egyptians, the Mayans, the Tibetans, who are children of older and greater gods.
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2009
Human being are "GOD"-im GOD,you are GOD cool
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by bawomolo(m): 10:41pm On May 22, 2009
Horus:

We can ask ourselves, do Gods come in ranks?. According to their bible,Yes, of course, that’s why they have the “Most” this and the “Most” that in reference to God. Also that’s why god is found plural in the Bible , and the constant repetition of, “have no other gods before me,” confirms the existence of other Gods. “I am the God of Abraham,” confirms a specific god for the children of Abraham as opposed to the children of others, as the Black Egyptians, the Mayans, the Tibetans, who are children of older and greater gods.

i would agree with this.
Re: What Is God - Can Humans Create Gods Or God? by Tudor3(m): 1:07am On May 23, 2009
Me too. . . .

(1) (Reply)

How To Develop Your Psychic Power To Become Great / Jydeboy Vs Abuzola / A Quiz For The Religious Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.