Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe (32543 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
If he was that foolish to give away ten percent of his hard earnings he won't be a millionaires. To be to a millionaires, you have to think like a millionaire.

I dont ean opportunistic millionaires like thieving Nigerian politicians and their cohorts,I.e,obj,danjuma,thuefnubu and co. I mean hard working and intelligent ones.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by lastpage: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
CharlyNick:

You are absolutely correct bro. I agree with you that you do unto your neighbours same as you would do to God. But don't mis quote that: This is not applicable to tithe bro.

You can show your neighbours as much love as you can but NOT WITH TITHES as this is God's and not even the PASTORS.

There is a percentage of every of your income that should go to the Needy [depending on what u decide to give and NOT UNDER COMPULSION] but YOUR TITHES shouldn't be an alternative to that.

I HAVE ASKED YOU TO SHOW ME A POTION IN THE BIBLE WHERE GOD INSTRUCTED THAT TITHES SHOULD BE GIVEN YOU THE POOR AND YOU'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ASCERTAIN YOUR CLAIMS.

We are all learning here though........

Read the second to the last line of my Post that you quoted: It says this has nothing to do with tithe! undecided

Again, God NEVER said Tithe should be given to the Poor, HE said we should "Eat our Tithe, OURSELVES".

Let me quote again, the Bible's position on Tithe, as contained in my previous post.

Lastpage! :

Everyone should ponder on the following verses:

Deuteronomy 14:22 - 29 KJV
“Then shalt thou turn it (your Tithe) into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose. And you shall bestow that money (use it to buy) for whatsoever your soul desires , for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever your soul desires; and you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you, and your household

Please take good note of those phrases l have colored in red!

*The Bible says TITHE is about FOOD/FARM PRODUCE
*But if that "Produce" is too heavy to carry to the place "the Lord shall choose", SELL the PRODUCE and CONVERT IT TO CASH
*Take the MONEY in your hand and USE IT TO BUY WHATSOEVER YOUR (OWN) SOUL DESIRES! kiss undecided (I love this part)
*The Bible gives example of what you can buy (if your soul desires it).... and notice that among them is ALCOHOL! (strong wine)!
(when next they tell you God forbids drinking of alcohol, take a bottle on me, as God bless you!)
*Then SIT DOWN AND EAT YOUR TITHE (having use it to buy food and drinks) in the presence of your God
(Note that it did not say "Give it to church or give it to your Pastor) undecided grin grin
*After eating well and having a good drink on top, Bible says REJOICE, with your HOUSEHOLD in the presence of Jehovah your God

This is the whole essence of Tithe. USE IT TO BUY FOOD AND DRINKS, CONSUME IT BEFORE GOD AND REJOICE BEFORE THE ALMIGHTY.

Again, see Deuteronomy 14:22 - 29 KJV

Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always

Does anyone wonder why the word EAT! EAT!! is repeated along with the word TITHE?

Hecause our God wants us to be happy and rejoice in his presence
He wants us to "fear his NAME", as the one who provides all these things for us

If you have not started "EATING YOUR TITHE"..... better start now so that your God in Heaven can see you "be Happy and rejoice" with your household, in HIS PRESENCE!

I nor fit shout, if you want to dash your Pastor, your tithe... so that Only the Pastor can eat and rejoice before God, that is your problem!
God will continue to enlarge your Pastor while you continue to wallow in Poverty.

May God open our eyes and ears (Amen)

Lastpage!
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Ryda(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oluwa knws who serve him jor...
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by chalondk(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
My Nigga cool

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Mistaarhlohki(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
There's a difference between believing in God almighty and honoring his words..y'all should read Mal 3 vs 1-18 again carefully..#Man Can't Rob #God its impossible.

And for those saying God is some sky daddy (I pity u), how do u sleep, wake up and have the good things in life come ur way, is it by your strength or wisdom? I think not.

So there are 4 things wrong with this ghanaian millionaire

1. He. Could be a traditionalist, believes in Africanism to the core..

2. He could be roman catholic

3. His money could be. Ill gotten

4. He's blindly ignorant of what he's saying.

So the choice is yours, seek the truth and it shall set you free...Tithing works wonders (everyone Knows it), and wherever your 10% goes is none of your human business..

Pay or don't pay, God won't change..He was, he is and he will be GOD ALMIGHTY forever and ever #Amen..

#stayblessed #stayoffpeopleleadingU2Hell
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Mistaarhlohki(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
philipobiz:
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.
2 Corinthians 9:7

Youngman, stop misleading people. Did. You read those scriptures. At all..as long as you were circumcised on the 7th or 8th day, ogbeni you is a xtian..

Stop twisting the word of God for ur own personal favor, that's dangerous.
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
eltemur1:

u are drunk.quote me anywhere!!!
your mum is drunker. Quote me anywhere ..
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by charlsecy(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mistaarhlohki:

Pay or don't pay, God won't change..
Mistaarhlohki:

Stop twisting the word of God for ur own personal favor, that's dangerous.
Christians should give according to the instructions in 2 Corinthians 9:7 and Corinthians 16:2, not according to the Mosaic tithe which is actually meant for the Levites and priest; Hebrews 7:5, Numbers 18:25-28.

The other two forms of tithes, namely, annual-festival tithe and poor tithes were to be eaten by the Levites, the people, the defenceless and the poor; Deut. 14:22-27, Deut. 18:28-29. Yes, the tithes have to be eaten before the Lord. How does one eat money that modern tithe preachers preach should given as tithes?

A further proof that tithes were agricultural produce could be found in Leviticus 25:1-7 where, during the 7th year, the Israelites didn't tithe because it's a year of no planting. Why do ministers demand tithes year in, year out, without giving the 7th year leave?

Leviticus 27:30-33 indicates those who wanted to pay tithe in the form of cash were penalised with extra 20%. It's discouraged and even not allowed for animal rearers. Perhaps, paying with money defeated one of the purposes of tithing. How could the poor feed from the tithes? How could one eat money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by IRREVO: 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
The Bible called this set of people '......thou fool'
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by awoluyi(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tell the tither what to start doing with 90% of N18,000 national minimum wage! I have always asked the question about who the tithes gathered in churches are meant for. If for the poor, where do we classify the worker on N18,000 per month tithe inclusive? While the principle behind tithing can not be easily faulted, it's administration has generated a lot of controversy. It's hypocrital to think that non-payment of tithes is the worse sin christians commit. Whatever view each christian holds on this issue, we are advised to guide against doing things that will make others stumble.
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by streetsoldier1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
DickDastardly:
His take on tithe cool

maybe you should read deut 14 vs 22-29......make sure u read over and over again, read and understand all versions, then u'll have better understanding on what the man is saying....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by charlsecy(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
@DickDastardly,
In case a Bible is not handy, quickly check Deuteronomy 14:22-29 New King James Version (NKJV)

Tithing Principles

22 “You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year. 23 And you shall eat before the Lord your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always.

24 But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the Lord your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the Lord your God has blessed you, 25 then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the Lord your God chooses. 26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27 You shall not forsake the Levite who is within your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.

Now can you relate the above Biblical passage with what pastors ask you to do?
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by riczy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
i was expectn d jet buyers follower to villify him,none sofar dt means maturity is looming on d horizon
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by leGeExus(m): 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
Welldone

Why would any sane person be giving his hard earned money to some scammer in the name of some invincible sky daddy when you can make serious impact with that 10percent in the life of that hungry kid on the street .. It just ain't right..

By the way, how is this news? What concerns anyone with what anybody does with his 10percent?
u can re write that,when you're ready to use ur brain
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by leGeExus(m): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
SPOPOVICH:
Ghana has a millionare?
i credit u bruh.u break my personal record
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by CharlyNick: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
lastpage:

Read the second to the last line of my Post that you quoted: It says this has nothing to do with tithe! undecided

Again, God NEVER said Tithe should be given to the Poor, HE said we should "Eat our Tithe, OURSELVES".

Let me quote again, the Bible's position on Tithe, as contained in my previous post.

God asked u to eat your tithe yourself? Where did u see that?

You are misunderstanding this whole thing bro
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by benji93: 12:50am On Nov 22, 2015
CharlyNick:

The guy only did quote a part of the verses just to support what he thinks but out of curiousity i read that chapter Deuteronomy 24 myself and i found out that God explicitly instructed us to give to the levites, and he gave the reason why we should do that-- The levites have no inheritance with thee, but in a subsequent verse God further added that you shall lay up thy tithe in their gates and the levites, the poor and widows shall come an eat of eat- This means, out of your increase you must keep a part for those category of people. It is not wrong to pay the Tithe to the church, as far as the same purpose is served, distribution of your Tithe to the needy, but most churches do not serve that purpose today, so what happens, by giving to the church that purpose of distribution to the needy is not fulfilled, so you can decide to give to the poor yourself and give a part to to the Pastor, in the case where you give a part to the pastor who does not serve his purpose, do not bother about it, because you had executed the dictates of God so the Judgement now lies betwenn God and the pastor. Now this particular verse precedes Malachi 3 vs 8, so we can deduce that there was a process in place the tithes were taken to the church, then these were distributed to the designated people. The needy did not have anything to feed on, and this was because there was no food in God's house, because that is the most probable place they would be as the commandments God laid down for the Isrealites to obey were occasionally read out to the hearing of the Isrealites, so the poor understand that by the dictates of God, that is were they would find food. but they get there and there is no food, will that not make them turn away from God, and most definitely God provides for them through you, so the poor lament to God and God tells you but have i not instructed you to bring tithes to my house so this people can be fed. But today what do we see, the people pay their tithe, but it is the levites that are not keeping their part of the instruction. So what do w do as humans, with the express purpose of fulfilling the purpose of God, we keep the tithe and give to the poor and the levites.In this case we are are just actualizing the mind of God, especially in this era where the whole of christiandom is not bounded by certain tenets, htat tells us who serves which purpose, and even if there is one of the parties defaults in his responsibilities, but all in all the purpose of God must be fulfilled. My piece.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Frankel7(m): 3:20am On Nov 22, 2015
Reminds me of a man who sold his land in Lagos for 16m,paid his tithe & use d bal to sow seed in d church late last year. Last month he was asking a friend for 33k to offset one of his child's sch fees. Hmmm....pple perishing for lack of knowledge. But I propose:PAY UR TITHE TO COME OUT OF TIGHTE CORNER.
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by onyeomma: 4:25am On Nov 22, 2015
We done hear
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by eltemur1: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
your mum is drunker. Quote me anywhere ..
ur choice of words "drunker" shows ur IQ is negligibly low. (below 0.000000000001).
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
eltemur1:

ur choice of words "drunker" shows ur IQ is negligibly low. (below 0.000000000001).
read the post 100 times

Mumu cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe by lastpage: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
CharlyNick:

YES... in Capital letters!

Read your Bible:

Deuteronomy 14:22 - 29 KJV

“Then shalt thou turn it (your Tithe) into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose. And you shall bestow that money (use it to buy) for whatsoever your soul desires , for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever your soul desires; and YOU shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, YOU, and your household

Just read your own Bible and understand.

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Please I need help. My life is crashing / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.