Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like (32604 Views)

Pastor Ibiyeomie: Ladies Shouldn’t See Their Fiancé’s Manhood Before Marriage / Man's Genotype Changes From SS To AA At Pastor Ibiyeomie's Crusade-Duncan Mighty / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by alBHAGDADI: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2017
Luke 9:51-56

51 When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem;
52 and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him.
53 But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem.
54 When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;
56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.” And they went on to another village.

Did you read the above passage? Do you know why Christ rebuked his disciples when they wanted to command fire from heaven to consume the Samaritans?

Christ said that we Christians are of a different spirit. What do you think he would look like today if he had commanded fire to burn down the same people he came to save?

Since the Kemi Olunloyo and Pastor Ibiyeomie saga became a police affair, I've read several comments from supposed Christians urging the pastor on. When it is made clear to them that a preacher is not to react in the manner Pastor Ibiyeomie did, in that he ought to overlook the matter by forgiving her without taking action, like Christ would, , they shift the goal post to saying that Kemi Olunloyo didn't ask for forgiveness.

Did the people that were killing Jesus ask for forgiveness before he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"? Now, tell me, a crime of killing you versus a crime of defaming you, which is more easy to forgive without taking action?

Pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a Christian i.e like Christ, yet he isn't acting like one. He has enjoyed all the good side of being a Christian. But now that it is time to suffer for Christ, he can't even face the suffer of defamation. What if he had existed in the days of the early apostles when Christians where arrested and fed to lions in gladiator arenas? Those disciple's still prayed for their persecutors.

I don't know whether Kemi Olunloyo deserves whatever she's going through cos we don't know whether she has proof of her claims. One thing i do know is that her punishment shouldn't come from a man who is supposed to preach to her. Having her locked up doesn't prove he's innocent of the allegation.

Some would argue that his silence would have made many people to leave his church. The silence that Jesus and his disciples maintained when they were persecuted is one of the reasons why Christianity is major today. If they had attacked their attackers, Christianity would have been tagged a terrorist religion.

Let's remember how Peter reacted when he cut off the ear of one of those that came to arrest Jesus. Most importantly, let's remember how the man they came to arrest reacted to the situation. He rebuked Peter and went ahead to heal the ear. But Christianity of today is "attack me, I attack you", thanks to the years of prosperity preaching which has turned man away from God and made them love self than others.

You can continue to argue in favour of the pastor, but the Bible will always condemn his actions. God has given you an hint to free you from the shackles of those that have been misleading you. Instead of following it, Christians of today have chosen to stand with the same evil men. Below is what Christ will say..

But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; Luke 9:55

Do you know why many Christians will accept the mark of the Antichrist? It is because they choose man over God and His Word. It's not too late for you today.

Exodus 22:32
then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, “Who is on the LORD’s side? Come to me.”

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by zionmade(m): 11:41am On Apr 01, 2017
My brother i will comment on ur post
Pastor Ibiyeome did nothing wrong.
Reason being dat: kemi is not a Christian and d bible only says dnt take ur brother to court. Dat means it will be wrong for pst David to do dat if d lady was a Christian.
Remember wat is happening to apostle Suleiman do u know how many souls dat must have been lost because of dat. If Kemi succeeds in diverting d pastor's attention into defending himself even though he did nothing do u know how d matter will excavate and how many souls will be lost?
Sometimes we need to shut d devil's vessel

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 01, 2017
Lying against a man of God in the first place is terrible.
I doubt u checked that before making claims.

Moreover, since he's not acting Christlike, u can act. Abi did he stopped u from acting?

Y are u this hypocrite?

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by alBHAGDADI: 11:47am On Apr 01, 2017
zionmade:
My brother i will comment on ur post
Pastor Ibiyeome did nothing wrong.
Reason being dat: kemi is not a Christian and d bible only says dnt take ur brother to court. Dat means it will be wrong for pst David to do dat if d lady was a Christian.
l
Your response shows you didn't read my post where I said that he's suppose to save her as a Christian Should, not have her arrested. Christ had the ability to destroy his killers, but he didn't. If pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a follower of Christ, he ought to have emulated that.
zionmade:

Remember wat is happening to apostle Suleiman do u know how many souls dat must have been lost because of dat. If Kemi succeeds in diverting d pastor's attention into defending himself even though he did nothing do u know how d matter will excavate and how many souls Weill be lost?
Sometimes we need to shut d devil's vessel
Do you know the amount of souls that were won and are still being won as a result of Christ not retaliating against his persecutors?

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by alBHAGDADI: 11:49am On Apr 01, 2017
ozohtony:
Lying against a man of God in the first place is terrible.
I doubt u checked that before making claims.

Moreover, since he's not acting Christlike, u can act. Abi did he stopped u from acting?

Y are u this hypocrite?
Lying against a man of God is indeed terrible cos God will fight for them, not them fighting for themselves by arresting those they are suppose to preach to.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Lying against a man of God is indeed terrible cos God will fight for them, not them fighting for themselves by arresting those they are suppose to preach to.

Elijah could have allowed the fifty so God will fight for em instead of raining fire.

Besides Christ didn't condemn d law. The pastor only used the law.

In short I sign out of this.

Short sighted ppl just everywhere.
Jesus death seemed not to b enough. Make una go kill d Pastor.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by zionmade(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Your response shows you didn't read my post where I said that he's suppose to save her as a Christian Should, not have her arrested. Christ had the ability to destroy his killers, but he didn't. If pastor Ibiyeomie calls himself a follower of Christ, he ought to have emulated that.
Do you know that amount of souls that were won and are still being won an a result of Christ not retaliating against his persecutors?
Do u think Jesus wanted Judas to perish? If yes is Judas to be blamed for wat he did?
If no den why didnt Jesus convert J.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Alasi20(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
grin
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Kondomatic(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
There's nothing wrong in taking her to court as long as it is done with a right motive and a pure heart.

You're here talking about winning her soul and others but have you considered how many people that will leave the Church and possibly Christianity completely had the pastor kept quiet?

Many will assume he's guilty and depart, Nairaland atheist will mock others until they quit.

Some will be disappointed in him, his church and Christianity.

Winning souls is important but keeping a good name is important too because it wins souls even when you're not working.

Even when the Romans wanted to beat Paul, he said
"Is it legal for you to whip a Roman citizen who hasn't even been tried"

Tried where? In Roman court I guess.

Kemi and deep freezer are stumbling block to many pastors and Christians and it's a good thing that one of them is being shut up.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Tbillz(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Some Pastors In Nigeria, takes money from the poor and still oppress the contributors....Lol
SmH
Its becoming clear Politicians are holier than pastors

13 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Jay542(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Kemi deserves this treatment but not from a man of God

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Negotiate: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2017
If he had kept quiet, its still same you that would say he's guilty that's why he can't talk.

That is defamation of his character and his person.
If it was a land matter, I'm sure you would have said he should leave it cos that's what Christ will do.

We are all humans abeg and we've all got our differences and that makes us who we are.

The best of men is still a man with flesh and blood.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by emerged01(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI,u know little about the words of God,So dont be quick to judge a man of God.

1 Tim 5:20 says,them that sin rebuke before all,that others also may fear. The pastor has the right to rebuke her so others won't do the same. Let her be jailed.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2017
When you are about to blast op but you smell something from the kitchen... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2017
Many fail to realise it's not about the Pastor. It's about a woman who has committed a crime and has to face the law. The pastor has forgiven, it's left for the law to take it course.
Has kemi apologised? Has she pleaded gulity and sought compassion? What if she gets to court and pleads not guilty?

36 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Edwinmason(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
if d pastor had kept quiet people will come out and say he is guity that is why he is silent..let kemi oluloyo face d music

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Aspireahead(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
you attack someone and then run and hide behind the bible. let her defend herself in court, Ibeoyimie(or whatever his mane is) didn't send a firing squad after her.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Jwonder(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2017
shut up!! He did the right thing, people spread lies daily all in the name of blogging.. Do you know what that false accusation have done to his ministry, he is a Pastor, members will start having doubts. They should not release her, I'm sure others will learn from this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by nengibo: 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Is the Nigerian Judiciary now in Ibiyeomie's hands, let the law take its course, being a christian doesn't make anyone stupid

This is my opinion, read other people's own below

22 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Abegi. What is this na. So, he should keep quiet so that more Kemi Olunloyos will be empowered to rubbish more fellow humans.

Do you know how many people would choose to believe a lie even without any evidence and what it does to the image of the person at the receiving end.

I am not a fan of many pastors in this country, but Ibiyomie is only trying to clear his name.

What he's simply saying is , okay, Kemi you said I slept with so and so, abeg come and tell the public when and where you saw me and what I was doing.

I pity Kemi though, not because she deserves it, but because she needs help. She should be in a rehab getting treatment for her mental issues.

By the way, Kemi is not a journalist. So, those who are trying to ride on that , should note.

Let her face the law. At least, Ibiyomie has not sent assassins to go kill her, he has only taken legal action, which is a good thing.

Pastors, judges and the likes thrive on morality. Once you succeed in smearing them, then nothing remains.

I can't, for example attend a church or listen to a cleric who is accused of specific moral misdeeds like Kemi just did. He must be able to defend himself legally.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by martineverest(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
how does he xpect his members to practice forgiveness?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Tenim47(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
arsenal vs man city , time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Jchi9876: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
This OP no sabi anything .
He is typing this long shit but cannot stand when a girl calls him a short man that he naturally is

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by jazinogold(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
we know that!
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Scream(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
So many sides...being a Christian is not easy. Those you are trying to help would be pulling you down.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
This is my problem with indomie xtians who don't know how to put two scriptures together.
Being a Christian is not an initiation to be a mor0n or a dunce.
See ehn, one scripture I love so much is : "God has given us authority to trample on snakes and scorpions, and to overcome all the powers of the enemy "
If Kemi wants to be a snake, smash her head otherwise she would ruin your ministry. It's not everything you would tackle with prayer and fasting, it's not all situations you would be spiritual about

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by princechurchill(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
So he would have been the second Christ,by keeping​ quiet and allow his family to face an unnecessary shame because she's a journalist​, suffer not the witch to live, and for every sin there's a price kemi it's time to pay urs

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Seun360(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
These are one of the reasons why Christians are mocked. The Pastor is an hupocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by Goldenheart(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
Christians don't defend themselves from all kind of attacks...
Except the spiritualy taggedl ones. angry

Forgive and blah blah blah...

Spits
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like by ajoskele(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2017
Confusion in christendom.
Who will heal the land?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.