Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,490 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

To Date Or Not To Date Your Colleague? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Date Or Not To Date Your Colleague? (414 Views)

Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date Your Colleague At Work? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Date Or Not To Date Your Colleague? by authorityngr(f): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Have you ever come across the saying, "Do not defecate where you eat?" That aphorism can mean, "Don't have a relation­ship where you work." More of­ten than not, that saying is very true!

Every relationship, of course, has its issues whether you met on the bus, during vacation, a blind date or any other channel. Hav­ing a relationship where you work can be a lot more embar­rassing for obvious reason: the gossip that goes on around the office should the relationship fail to work out as planned.

I was once involved in an of­fice romance and it was abso­lutely fantastic. Though, like of­ten predicted, we didn't end up together but the way we healed was magical. I would say, per­haps, because we didn't start any drama for people to take advan­tage of. We are great friends and I mean great friends now. May­be, we should have been friends in the first place, rather than go­ing into a relationship and risk being enemies should we have not handled what was remain­ing of the relationship carefully. One of the most hurtful things about dating where you work is actually seeing the person eve­ryday of your life after the rela­tionship has broken up.

It's even worse when the guy decides to date another girl within the same office. Gosh! As much as you refuse to ad­mit to yourself, choose the de­nial option that it doesn't both­er you, which of course can do you a whole lot of good because really, why lose your head over something you know you can­not change? But the truth is: you wish you were one and only even if it didn't work out between the two of you. And that's what I call respect. However, if he must do it, then he has to be discreet about it and keep people guess­ing, not throwing it in my face, and still give me the respect that I deserve. I think that's how a lot of people would rather have it go, right?

Love is such a beautiful feel­ing and I don't think it prepares you for what to say. When you find it, no matter where, you just want to reach out and grab it. That was what happened to Taiwo. He broke his long time rule when he met Titi (now his ex).

Taiwo said to me, Mercy I'm now about to break Code 101 and I was like fill me in on that. What's Code 101? "Do not def­ecate where you eat." I mused about that because it was some­thing I always knew. The only difference was that Taiwo chose to give it another name.

The last time Taiwo was in a relationship was almost two years ago...
http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/To-date-or-not-to-date-your-colleague--/
Re: To Date Or Not To Date Your Colleague? by nutty16(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
I need a mature fun guy in Abuja for just frd o. 56991228
Re: To Date Or Not To Date Your Colleague? by IamLEGEND1: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
ain't nobody got time to click on that link to read that soapy shít.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Know If The Guy You Want To Date Is Having A Boyfriend / Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi And Wife Celebrate 35th Wedding Aniversary / Ladies Be Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.