Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? (2843 Views)

Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians / Is It A Sin Unto God To Kill Someone Who Has Been Killing Others? / Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2015
Good morning everyone!! Please is it wrong to be on your monthly circle and still go to church I asked my neighbor this morning reason why she's not goin to church today then she said Is because she's on her monthly circle that is a sin, and that church of God should be clean and not dirty!!! Same God made us like this why is it now a sin worshiping him with what he created? Does your church also condems it please share??
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2015
cool
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by DipoDee: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2015
The subjugation of women started right from the bible, the world just followed suit.

If God had treated women better, there wouldn't have been any need for feminism and whatnots now.

1 Like

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2015
DipoDee:
The subjugation of women started right from the bible.
hmmm which church do you attend?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by DipoDee: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
hmmm which church do you attend?

Wrong question. Rephrase pls.
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by ahmtech93(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2015
its not a sin. Only Muslims believe there female worshippers should nt go 2 msq during menstruatn. No place in d bible where u see dt.

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 22, 2015
DipoDee:

Wrong question. Rephrase pls.
oh sorry that I asked
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by DipoDee: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2015
ahmtech93:
its not a sin. Only Muslims believe there female worshippers should nt go 2 msq during menstruatn. No place in d bible where u see dt.

Have you heard of white garment churches? And other 'spiritual' churches who don't let women on their periods into church.
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2015
ahmtech93:
but my neighbor is a Christian and she said her church condems it
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by DipoDee: 8:40am On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
oh sorry that I asked
The right question should have been: Are you a Christian?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2015
DipoDee:

Have you heard of white garment churches? And other 'spiritual' churches who don't let women on their periods into church.
that's the church she attends just wondering how it became a crime!
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Maxcollins042(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Did she give you any fact to back up her faith? If yes please post it in here.
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by faray: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
extra time question
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by cold(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Yes it's a great sin against god
When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.
Leviticus 15:19
And please don't tell me these are Mosaic laws,we're now saved by grace and all that. It's there in your bible. You can't pick and choose which laws to follow and which to discard. After all,the bible is the infallible word of god. Right?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by DipoDee: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
that's the church she attends just wondering how it became a crime!

Go to God in prayers and ask Him why he told the old time prophets not to count women in the bible, not to let women into the congregation when they bleed and a host of other things done to show that women are lesser than men right from the bible cheesy
Or you think men started the whole thing? Nah, they are simply following what they read in the holy books (Bible and Quran)
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 22, 2015
DipoDee:

Go to God in prayers and ask Him why he told the old time prophets not to count women in the bible, not to let women into the congregation when they bleed and a host of other things done to show that women are lesser than men right from the bible cheesy
Or you think men started the whole thing? Nah, they are simply following what they read in the holy books (Bible and Quran)
hmmm
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by seemples(f): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2015
DipoDee:

The right question should have been: Are you a Christian?

Are you a Christian?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Gayjesus: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2015
huh
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Gayjesus: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2015
ahmtech93:

you lie!!! your god just like allah don't like the smell for reasons we do not know. I wonder how this god is a spirit? smell don't affect spirit

Leviticus 15:19-33

19 “Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. Anyone who touches her during that time will be unclean until evening.
20 Anything on which the woman lies or sits during the time of her period will be unclean.
21 If any of you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening.
22 If you touch any object she has sat on, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening.
23 This includes her bed or any other object she has sat on; you will be unclean until evening if you touch it.
24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her and her blood touches him, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain unclean for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be unclean.
25 “If a woman has a flow of blood for many days that is unrelated to her menstrual period, or if the blood continues beyond the normal period, she is ceremonially unclean. As during her menstrual period, the woman will be unclean as long as the discharge continues.
26 Any bed she lies on and any object she sits on during that time will be unclean, just as during her normal menstrual period.
27 If any of you touch these things, you will be ceremonially unclean. You must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening.
28 “When the woman’s bleeding stops, she must count off seven days. Then she will be ceremonially clean.
29 On the eighth day she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle.
30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. Through this process, the priest will purify her before the LORD for the ceremonial impurity caused by her bleeding.
31 “This is how you will guard the people of Israel from ceremonial uncleanness. Otherwise they would die, for their impurity would defile my Tabernacle that stands among them.
32 These are the instructions for dealing with anyone who has a bodily discharge—a man who is unclean because of an emission of semen
33 or a woman during her menstrual period. It applies to any man or woman who has a bodily discharge, and to a man who has sexual intercourse with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.”

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2015
God and his imperfect creation or should I say man and his imperfect God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2015
ahmtech93:
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. Leviticus 15:19-24

Learn to read your Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by ayoku777(m): 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
Good morning everyone!! Please is it wrong to be on your monthly circle and still go to church I asked my neighbor this morning reason why she's not goin to church today then she said Is because she's on her monthly circle that is a sin, and that church of God should be clean and not dirty!!! Same God made us like this why is it now a sin worshiping him with what he created? Does your church also condems it please share??

Romans 3v19 -Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law:

And are christians under the law?

Romans 6v7 - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 5v18 -But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Believers in Christ are delivered from the law and we are no more under the law. Infact to still continue to seek justification by the law after you've been made righteous through faith in Christ is to fall from grace.

Galatians 5v4 - Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

So saying we christians are no more under the mosaic law but now under grace through faith in Christ is sound biblical truth.

Our justification, cleanliness and rightstanding before God is now through faith in Christ.

So all those ceremonial laws that a woman should not enter God's house during menstruation, or a man should not shave his beards or all the sacrifices etc no longer apply to the new creation in Christ Jesus.

Churches that claim a woman on her period is unclean in God's eyes are preaching what God through Christ has delivered us from -the law. And its heresis.

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. Leviticus 15:19-24

Learn to read your Bible.
tht was in d old testament! it was lifted in d new testament
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by madjnr: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
lol lifted by who? a Crane?Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
What do you mean it was lifted in the new testament? undecided

Was this also lifted?
'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" Lev. 18:22

1 Like

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:
your neighbour is just another gullible religious Sister. I'm sure she doesn't even have sex then still attend church bcoz its a sin and wld make her unclean. Mshew!
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by khaynoni(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
nickkylawve:

Paying of tithes was also in the old testament, why wasn't it lifted in the new testament?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
khaynoni:

Paying of tithes was also in the old testament, why wasn't it lifted in the new testament?
iono undecided
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by ipreach: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
Actually in the Old Testament, it was consisted as sin.

In fact, the woman was consisted and labelled as ''unclean'' before God but the new Testament is not like that, those law has been abolished by Christ Himself
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Gayjesus: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
ipreach:

In fact, the woman was consisted and labelled as ''unclean'' before God but the new Testament is not like that, those law has been abolished by Christ Himself

Are you say the old testament god made a mistake with the previous laws?
Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by ipreach: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Gayjesus:

Are you say the old testament god made a mistake with the previous laws?

No not at all.

You can recall that in old Testament, when any body sinned, that individual will be taken outside the gate and be stone to death but Jesus came and abolish those laws.

Remember that woman that had ''issue of blood'' in the bible.

Luke 8:43-48

And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me?

When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.

And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

1 Like

Re: Is Menstruation Now A Sin Unto God??? by Hiploko(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
ipreach:

so says the pastors of today. How come they exempted tithe? Abi dem pay tithe for new testament?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Christianity Have Anything To Do With The Old Testament? / 25 Quotes By Archbishop Benson Idahosa That Will Change Ur Life. By Olokpa / I will kill myself after this last attempt to survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.