Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed (3476 Views)

Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / Pls Matured Advice Needed / Pls,matured Advice Needed: My Near Rape Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Onyeozichukwu(f): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
I have been married for 10years with 2kids now but my husband has started having an affair of which each time I confront him, he will deny that he is not doing such. But I do come across his chats with different ladies on whatsapp,Facebook and BBM and when I ask him about those chats, he said it's a harmless chat just for him to while away time and will promise never to chat them again only for him to go deeper the next minute. I so much love my husband but I doubt his level of love for me though he claims that he still love me.
I don't want to fight him but I don't have how else to get him to stop those nasty chats before it will degenerate into another thing. Pls I need matured advice and I have been praying to God to strengthen me. Pls moderators help me to get it to front page as I am down to my lowest level of patience now.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by tunnyl(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Talk to him one more time. He might just be using it to while away time truly. Dont try to quarrel with him. If he can be with you for 10years and says he still loves you, then he does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Maxcollins042(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2015
Apart from the chats that you have seen, are their any change of behaviour that he is displaying towards you?
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2015
This post deserve fp. Cc Lalasticlala , Seun
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by missKiffy(f): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2015
I feel you just have to keep living your life and don't let those things bother you even though it's not easy, but the truth is men will always be men, even when they don't really have the intentions to cheat, they do play along with some of those girls with chat etc tho one thing leads to another, but for how long do you want to keep bothering urself about this things to the extent that it's making you depressed already, so just try and put it off your mind and live your life, never stop being a caring wife to him.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by libertyfather(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2015
If there's any string attached he would have password his phone and with that there's nothing you can do.... follow up and dunt be too forward not to miss what you need to know

1 Like

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Eddygourdo(m): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2015
This was why I earlier opined that social media should not be for married couples. The temptation to stray is now a phone click away. Sorry dear. Clearly he doesn't listen to you. Try and get someone he listens to, then advise him don't forget that cheating with regards men, if at all he is doing it, is alot different than the female kind. Most times is purely physical and no emotion, this type is very easy to handle by you. As a mature lady am sure u understand what I meant

1 Like

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Onyeozichukwu(f): 9:57am On Nov 22, 2015
Maxcollins042:
Apart from the chats that you have seen, are their any change of behaviour that he is displaying towards you?

He has not changed much but he doesn't behave normal to me anymore and he spends more time on his phone than he spend with I and the kids. Sometimes I think of going away to get over it. Pls I need a good marriage counselor that I can talk to.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Onyeozichukwu(f): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2015
Eddygourdo:
This was why I earlier opined that social media should not be for married couples. The temptation to stray is now a phone click away. Sorry dear. Clearly he doesn't listen to you. Try and get someone he listens to, then advise him don't forgtet that cheating with regards men, if at all he is doing it, is alot different than the female kind. Most times is purely physical and no emotion, this type is very easy to handle by you. As a mature lady am sure u understand what I meant
Honestly the social media has taken a great deal on my family. He always say that he is not doing anything apart from the chat that I should trust him but I don't know how to trust him again when he has failed from the promise he made earlier
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Onyeozichukwu(f): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2015
libertyfather:
If there's any string attached he would have password his phone and with that there's nothing you can do.... follow up and dunt be too forward not to miss what you need to know
he deletes them but at times he will forget to do so.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Eketem: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2015
Sadly I have tl break the news to you; you are not Jesus Christ even Jesus Christ can only offer salvation it is left for the individual to accept it
Remember that Jesus even died for the sins of people yet after giving his life people continued to sin disregarding his sacrifice.

What am I saying? You can't save or change him, only him can make that decision

All I can advice you to do is to develop some level of self esteem. Your husband is disrespectful to you and your marriage vows and till he decides you are worthy of some respect there is nothing you can do except respect yourself. If you don’t respect and value yourself to know you deserve a respectful faithful relationship then no one else will respect you. If you are team " every man cheats " hold on the crew will be here soon to give you coping advice, meanwhile stay safe from STDS, your kids deserve better

9 Likes

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Eddygourdo(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Onyeozichukwu:

Honestly the social media has taken a great deal on my family. He always say that he is not doing anything apart from the chat that I should trust him but I don't know how to trust him again when he has failed from the promise he made earlier
exactly, since you both allowed social media earlier he will always feel you trying to control him, if you ask him to cease. That's why I advise you get someone else to talk sense into him. I believe the happiness and peace in his family should supersede any joy social media can offer. Plus nne he loves you. Don't regard his behaviour as a lack of love else you might feel depressed and unhappy, try and solve your issues. You are a mature lady thanks to ur experience in marriage so am sure u can handle things. But please if at all he has strayed do forgive as I believe it's likely a physical relationship and can be corrected. Sorry for your pains. I pray God grants you the wisdom to manage this situation till succour cones your way. Happy Sunday
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Eddygourdo(m): 11:29am On Nov 22, 2015
I am not a marriage counsellor per say. But if your husband or you both will wanna talk. I will listen and say my two cents. Add me up 52ca10af.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by egopersonified(f): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2015
Op, why not chat with him on social media too, with your real identity ooo. If he likes football or cars, google sites where he can get latest info, etc, and show them to him. Most people dwell on facebook, whatsapp, twitter, etc for lack of better options.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by ifyalways(f): 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Why worry yourself over what you can't chabge or control? You wanna die?

Your hubby chats with other girls? So what? Is marriage a life sentence ? Does the chats explicitly portray him as a cheat or it's meaningless talks with no action? I know sometimes cheating starts from such meaningless chats but what can you do to change it? Nothing really! That's reality 101.

Please stop praying about that. 10 years marriage with kids, occupy your mind with better things like retirement, kids college money, pursue your own happiness too etc so long you've not caught him cheating.

Talk with him once more, tell him that you believe he's not cheating but you fear such chats might one day lead to cheating then ignore him .If he's a good husband, he'll respect you, your kids and turn around.

Lifes good and short. Choose happiness and live.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by coolzeal(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
You will always be depressed if you don't do what is needed otherwise, you might get implode because you can't take it anymore. Confront him and tell him how what he is doing is hurting you; be strictly honest about it. But before you do that, Talk about love, talk about old memories and how you guys met. The precious love he purpose to you before you married him etc.. And then tell him what is it you have done to deserve this punishment. Those soft and realistic words will get him in order... And if he don't, talk to his mother or a very close relative about it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by 001ng: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
The day you women understand that a man is polygamous in nature, that day you will start praying for him to overcome that natural instinct in him.

To live a happy life, marry a responsible man who will respect you and control that natural instinct.

If you are already married, pray for him and don't fight him, silence and mind game can get you the desired results. If you fight him, you have already pushed him to the warm arms of the woman.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Chubhie: 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ten years,2kids and you love him like crazy. He must be an amazing husband save for his chats.

You should understand that a lot of cleopatra are Lurking to fest on same qualities that endeared you to him. You need to understand your husband first.

For you to understand him it must be devoid of emotions. Examine him critically to better understand him. He could be a good guy with harmless intent. Some ladies may wish to exploit that good side of a man.

Does he value and put family first? Principled? Ever stood up against evil? What are his unconscious remarks about cheating partners? Is he spiritually grounded? From the results, you can then know how much value your man is worth. Premium?

Only if you understand the true power you have over your man. Discover the power you have by divine birthright of being a woman, wife and mother! Please use the discovered power positively. I fear una.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2015
Did you say you have been praying, well then, you not ready for a solution because you only stalling with prayer which won't work. This is how you go about this.

Get on every social media platform he's also on, chat him up and if doesn't chat you up. quit and switch to plan B

Set up fake accounts maybe two or three, use pics of extremely beautiful ladies so he accepts your friend request, keep chatting him up with those fake accounts to know if he would request you both to hook up for sex, if he does, just know you hubby has been intimately involved with some of those girls he's been chatting with.

Now for every chat you do with him with that fake account is an evidence to prosecute him, make sure you screen shot and save every sensitive chats you had with him and in reality be friendly with him like you know nothing.

The moment he request for a hook up online in that fake account, just wait till her gets home and whe he arrives, welcome him well and tell him you set for the hook up, Prove to him you behind that fake account and show him screen shots of all sensitive chats plus the hook up request but DON'T FLIP OUT, its important you don't rant, vent or flip out at that point in time, because if you do, he would see you as nagging and power would change hand automatically.

So, keep your cool and smile while you showing him the evidence for his promiscuity, when you done, treat him nice, bring him his food, respect him the whole time and go to bed and allow guilty conscience deal with him.

After then, he would come begging for forgiveness, might not be that night but he would surely come, but keep and open mind in dealing with him and love him more, Guilty conscience is the reason he would come ask for forgiveness.

When he does, Offer to forgive him on one occasion and that is, to give you the password to his account, give him yours also and make amends, He might be smart to open another account but from time to time, give him reasons to log on with his phone to checkmate him on that.

That's how you handle your hubby with psychology not prayers. And I bet you, he would respect you and fear you as a smart wife.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by xMrPx(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2015
U will be happier if u ignore those chats' stay off his phone, Keep loving him'. Always have that second thought-if a king marry 100wives, he only have one Queen' he might not be that bad'. STAY OFF HIS GADGETS, what u don't know won't hurt u
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by kandiikane(m): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
Find Friends to chat to and occupy your mind. Live your life, if you want, walk away.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Onyeozichukwu:

He has not changed much but he doesn't behave normal to me anymore and he spends more time on his phone than he spend with I and the kids. Sometimes I think of going away to get over it. Pls I need a good marriage counselor that I can talk to.

Maybe if you can see the reality that the relationship has changed you can make better decisions for yourself.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Kimoni: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Whatever you decide to do about it, don't kill yourself with worry or sorrow; if you do, life will move on and that includes your husband and kids. Do what you have to do but take charge of your happiness.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Onyeozichukwu:
I have been married for 10years with 2kids now but my husband has started having an affair of which each time I confront him, he will deny that he is not doing such. But I do come across his chats with different ladies on whatsapp,Facebook and BBM and when I ask him about those chats, he said it's a harmless chat just for him to while away time and will promise never to chat them again only for him to go deeper the next minute. I so much love my husband but I doubt his level of love for me though he claims that he still love me.
I don't want to fight him but I don't have how else to get him to stop those nasty chats before it will degenerate into another thing. Pls I need matured advice and I have been praying to God to strengthen me. Pls moderators help me to get it to front page as I am down to my lowest level of patience now.

So you want to die before your time because of a man

Don't you have a phone too, or don't you have MBs to chat too

My dear if your husband has refused to be responsible, then you need to teach him by serving him his own meal.

Shebi it's a 'harmless' chat? Let's see how tolerant he would be of you doing same!
Oshi!
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
andromida:

Maybe if you can see the reality that the relationship has changed you can make better decisions for yourself.

She is still living in denial . . . Most women do that!

Of course he will change, how wont he? The moment a man starts cheating (and that's exactly what he is doing), he becomes someone else.

It's not untill the D enters the V before we know he is straying. undecided
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ujoan:

She is still living in denial . . . Most women do that!

Of course he will change, how wont he? The moment a man starts cheating (and that's exactly what he is doing), he becomes someone else.

It's not untill the D enters the V before we know he is straying. undecided

Maybe she should become someone else as well after all the relationship needs to change.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
he must be an amazing husband cus they've been together for 10 yrs? how the hell did u come to dis conclusion? an amazing husband who chats up other women n refuses to change even after his wife shares her unhappiness with these chats. who knows what else he's doing? a lot of pple stay in unhappy marriages for years cus they don't know how to get out of it, think they won't meet someone else n'll be alone , or whatever else. i just don't know how the hell u concluded he must be an amazing husband. amazing my a.ss

Chubhie:
Ten years,2kids and you love him like crazy. He must be an amazing husband save for his chats.

You should understand that a lot of cleopatra are Lurking to fest on same qualities that endeared you to him. You need to understand your husband first.

For you to understand him it must be devoid of emotions. Examine him critically to better understand him. He could be a good guy with harmless intent. Some ladies may wish to exploit that good side of a man.

Does he value and put family first? Principled? Ever stood up against evil? What are his unconscious remarks about cheating partners? Is he spiritually grounded? From the results, you can then know how much value your man is worth. Premium?

Only if you understand the true power you have over your man. Discover the power you have by divine birthright of being a woman, wife and mother! Please use the discovered power positively. I fear una.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by austine4real(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
U got wot u were lookin 4. Dnt kill ursef oo or u wnt those ladies 2 take over?
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Chubhie: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
aflyingbird:
he must be an amazing husband cus they've been together for 10 yrs? how the hell did u come to dis conclusion? an amazing husband who chats up other women n refuses to change even after his wife shares her unhappiness with these chats. who knows what else he's doing? a lot of pple stay in unhappy marriages for years cus they don't know how to get out of it, think they won't meet someone else n'll be alone , or whatever else. i just don't know how the hell u concluded he must be an amazing husband. amazing my a.ss

Perhaps, by error you might have missed out the part that the wife says she's still in love with the husband. I want to first establish that before I address your emotional out pour.

You should also learn to keep your a.ss away from discussions.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
u must be a learner or are just very stupidd. she said "i so much love my husband" . loving and being in love are 2 diff things. this is even a stupidd argument u are now throwing in bc it doesn't prove what u are claiming. but ok, let's say she's in love with her hubby like u are saying, this doesn't mean he must be an amazing husband! how the hell...? my argument remains the same! read my first comment again , abeg. just like many pple remain in unhappy marriages ... cus they think it's best for the kids (which's soooo not true...keeping children in an unhappy home is one of the worst things u can ever do to them), fear of being alone or whatev, u can be in love with someone who doesn't feel the same way... who isn't in love with u!!! not saying this is the case with the op and her husband, i don't know what's in their hearts BUT u arguing he must be an amazing hubby cus she's in love with him is invalid. invalid argument!!! angry angry angry

No, my a.ss can't be kept away from discussions. besides, wherever i go there will my a.ss be. when u got a big bottom it's impossible to hide it.

Chubhie:
Perhaps, by error you might have missed out the part that the wife says she's still in love with the husband. I want to first establish that before I address your emotional out pour.

You should also learn to keep your a.ss away from discussions.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by Chubhie: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
aflyingbird:
u must be a learner or are just very stupidd. she said "i so much love my husband" . loving and being in love are 2 diff things. this is even a stupidd argument u are now throwing in bc it doesn't prove what u are claiming. but ok, let's say she's in love with her hubby like u are saying, this doesn't mean he must be an amazing husband! how the hell...? my argument remains the same! read my first comment again , abeg. just like many pple remain in unhappy marriages ... cus they think it's best for the kids (which's soooo not true...keeping children in an unhappy home is one of the worst things u can ever do to them), fear of being alone or whatev, u can be in love with someone who doesn't feel the same way... who isn't in love with u!!! not saying this is the case with the op and her husband, i don't know what's in their hearts BUT u arguing he must be an amazing hubby cus she's in love with him is invalid. invalid argument!!! angry angry angry

NO, MY A.SS CANNOT BE KEPT AWAY FROM DISCUSSIONS BC WHEREVER I GO THERE WILL MY A.SS BE. WHEN YOU HAVE A BIG BOTTOM IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO HIDE IT

I think I have to iron out the word amazing first. By amazing, I meant inspiring the “I love my husband SO MUCH” You can agree with me that both husband and wife seems to be having a wonderful and beautiful something going for them. If we are to isolate the chatting issue?

You feel quite confident with your A.ss. I guess it must be a wonder to behold.
Re: I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed by PoisonedOne: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
I'm so tired of all these!
I'm so tired of reading stories of men's infidelity.
I've sworn never to renege on a promise whether in a relationship commitment or marriage in the future; but my fear is increasing, I wonder whether I can be any different. I've seen supposed angels cheat, notable men of God, good men that I respect and look up to. I'm really scared...

What is it with men and cheating? Where is the sanctity of marriage?

Dear Op, take it easy, I can only imagine how you feel. Talk to him calmly, don't shout or fight, get busy, do more fun things for yourself, allow nature to take control. He will change if he wishes to.

*drink some orijin*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News - A Woman Gave Birth To Eleven Children At Once / My Friend's Daughter Is In Love/lust With Me. / My Fiancee’s Ex-boyfriend Threatening To Destroy My Fiancee, And Kidnap Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.