Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Three Paths - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88453 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Wow!
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
nice updates,fantasy welldone ma.I just can't seem 2 get enough of dis wonderful piece.
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
See as woke end him xter 4 ds fyn drama
Re: Three Paths by write2obi(m): 12:35am On Jan 12, 2016
Can you imagine. That ebube is a devil.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2016
[size=18pt]34[/size]

5 months later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2016
''Wow! This is poor oh! Who gives a contract and comes back to take it with another hand?''

''My dear, that is what I am going through. This new director is set in his ways and unfortunately I see people licking boots like hungry wolves. The man is tribalistic and all those people that have been forming friends are beginning to show their true colour. They laugh with you in one breath and snort the next time you pass their back’’

''May God help us. Wolves in sheep clothing'' Ken stared at his meal and hissed in frustration. The moment Natasha began to speak, his appetite flew out the window. He tried to push harder to see if she would take the fall for him, but she remained adamant ''my dear, there is no other way around this thing oh!''

''I hate situations like this. I hate when people make me look silly. I have given that job out already. The plumber is already on site. I have given the go ahead for the materials to be bought and now see what I am hearing. Why can't they allow this one go? Why can't…''

''My husband, this matter is beyond me. It almost seemed like a done deal, but the inner caucus (a small group of senior staff members who found favour with the past director) has agreed it is best I let this one go. We cannot afford to fight those leeches. They are claiming right and truth be said, most contracts have been lopsided due to our favourable position with the previous director. These new vipers are claiming the bounty must go round but my joy is that this contract is chicken change. Can you compare this to the last one I got you?''

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2016
Kenneth had been on the call in the last minute and it was not going anywhere. From asking the plumber to leave, the matter had entered the promise he made to Okiemute about having their baby in the States. No sooner had it entered that one before it veered off course and touched on the numerous lies he told. Next it was the promise he made to meet with her parents in Sapele.

Ken's head was reeling but Okiemute continued to talk like an annoyed parrot. It went on and on until Ken had to steady himself from falling over a chair!

''Listen dear, please be careful because of your condition'' Ken warned.

''My condition is fine''

''I am pleading with you because of that bleeding incident of that time''

''Spotting and not bleeding besides the doctor said it was mere implantation going on. There is nothing to be worried about again. I've been getting along just fine ever since''

''Okay oh. Can we handle this later this weekend?''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2016
''Oh Okiemute, even as you speak, my heart is hurt but what can I do? Should I kill the goose that lays the golden egg? If I don’t have money for that baby you are carrying tomorrow will you allow me hear word? Will you allow me drink water and drop cup? You think I am happy over this? I fought this thing as hard. I pushed as much as I could but…''

''You did not fight hard enough Ken!''

''Oh baby I did, believe me when I say I did. I spoke all the grammar to no avail. I talk sotay spit nearly finish for my mouth…''

''YIMU!''

''My dear, sometimes we have to let go of what we have so that something better can come in. That is the case with this unfortunate contract. This small contract of 350k can cost one future contracts. It can lead to loss of job. It can give people ammunition to use against …''

''Against who?''

''Okiemute nor be so oh!''

''Against who nah, why are you afraid to talk? Say the name and let the devil be ashamed''

''Okiemute, are you a stranger in my affairs? Would you say you don’t know this contract is from my wife's company?''

''I said it!'' Okiemute yelled in triumph.

There was a slight pause and Kenneth felt like slamming his phone against the wall. Then Okiemute spoke up again ''who rescinded the contract?''

''It is the new management''

''It is a lie, she did - your wife did! It is Natalie!''

''The name is Natasha and she does not have the power to do that. No one wants me to have that contract as much as Nat''

''Perhaps she has heard something and she is trying to scuttle my effort. I will not allow it!'' she yelled.

TBC

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by base83: 9:49am On Jan 12, 2016
Brilliant!!! The Green eye monster in every woman is raring up in Okiemute... Oya use ur hand scatter everything angry angry angry
Nice work Fantasy. kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Ghenghen. Trouble in d camp. Serves ken right. Am guessing Nat has found out about ken's infidelity.
I wonder if d baby will still exist!
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 10:01am On Jan 12, 2016
That girl would finish ken....

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2016
This girl ehnnnn, she is finally plotting her own downfall, **Lobatan grin
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
Many egg gonna break cry

Lalasticlala, this story is too good to be left within the walls of litrature section alone.
Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
Foolish girl dancing on a weak rope!

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by onosj(f): 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Oh Okiemute, abi hw them call u self, see as u wan use ur own hand scatter ur future!.... As 4 Ebube just 1 word 4 u. Fantasy more data 2 ur mb...
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Side chicks be messing things up for themselves. Tsk tsk. Ken is thoroughly screwed. grin
Re: Three Paths by pryd(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
Okiemute is throwing her toys out of the pram; typical, just typical!
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 10:58am On Jan 13, 2016
nice
Re: Three Paths by romzey(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2016
See chicken wan challenge eagle oh! I pirry you! Weldone Fantasyisland
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2016
Contd:

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:08am On Jan 14, 2016
''Muté''

''Please don’t call me Muté. That makes it sound like I'm dumb and I'm starting to believe I have been with the way you've been treating me. I've been keeping quiet and giving you long rope but I'm no fool!''

''I'm sorry you feel that way''

''Just admit it! Be a man and admit it for once in your life!''

There was silence for some seconds and Okiemute began to think Ken may have hung up. It went on for a while before he spoke in a small voice ''I'm sorry the visa thing didn’t work out as planned. My bank account is reading red so I can't afford that trip for now''

''Dubai nko?''

''Okiemute, I can't do Dubai. I can't even do South Africa; that tells you how bad it is''

''Unbelievable!''

''I am sorry I'm yet to see your parents. These are hard times for me dear, the contract has dried up like a rivulet. The small small ones I've been getting by the corner is what has been helping this relationship. I have been living mainly on my savings which is fast depleting. You may not believe it, but this is the first contract I have received since that new director assumed office in Nat's company. I cannot even say I received it because they have given and taken at the same time!''

''I hear you''

''If I am lying then let God do to me as he wills. It has been tough for me dear. It is not everything a man says so please bear with me this time''

''You have always lied so now I don’t even know if you are saying the truth about this contract. Truth be said, I don’t believe you one bit!''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2016
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:13am On Jan 14, 2016
[size=18pt]35[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2016
''Blossom my dear wife, okay bring the food here. I'll take half of what you have on that plate. I’ve not seen it oh but I know its half I’ll take. I don’t want to upset my stomach at all''

''Okay dear''

Some minutes later, there was a horn at the gate ''that must be the driver'' Blossom announced. Immediately, Nkem ran to get the gate while Blossom looked through the window. It was the driver alright and Cosmos ran in to get his luggage. In another 5 to 7 minutes, Dr Cosmos Ndukwe was gone and Blossom felt as light as a bird in flight.

Immediately she began to whistle as she did the dishes. She could hear the sound of her children chatting in the parlour. The sound of the television was audible in the background and it felt like Christmas morning all over again. Indeed, it was going to be an exciting start to the New Year! Blossom was as happy as a lark. After she had done with the dishes, she came out with an announcement ''we are expecting company children''

''Is that company like where daddy works?'' Nkem asked.

''No this one means having a friend around''

''Aha! Who is coming then?''

''It's your Aunty Belinda''

Immediately the children began to yell out in excitement and even her son broke into a smile. The children liked it whenever their favourite aunty came around because she spoilt them with treats ''Is she going to buy something for us?'' her younger daughter cried out.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 9:49am On Jan 14, 2016
Okemute oooo!! Ken y u no come get bar anymore?? What if cosmos comes back to d house??
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Na real special friend, Mute Mute continue to plot your downfall sogbo.
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Prediction time grin. Cosmos might forget something and catch them in the act. The next update better be raunchy tongue

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
olashas:
Prediction time grin. Ken might forget something and catch them in the act. The next update better be raunchy tongue

Arabirin, you love bawdy and titillating write ups ooo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.