Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Three Paths - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88449 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hell no
sade1:
You're joking kwo? wink

She is starving the niccur and when just god has given him launch she choose to act up. :->

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Polymath56: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Ai made a mistake tryin to correct ya folly, Plz dnt quote me to spew trash again!

Peace

#stuff46, u game?
lol, boss..don't b offended at ma seemingly innocuous quote 2wards u...I meant no harm... stay cool ..#one luv#

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lolz @starving him grin....she's protecting what is hers
stuff46:
Hell no

She is starving the niccur and when just god has given him launch she choose to act up. :->
Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
sade1:
Lolz @starving him grin....she's protecting what is hers

Wtf, she should read inbetween the lines. Wole need $£*, all this resiqnation later and temporal running would sort nothing, with a desporado MRS on loose.
Re: Three Paths by FactsTruths: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
MartineeVIP:
Ebube won't stop at this once she's able to get a bite, I just pray Wole won't give in o. Fantasy you are just too good at what you know best, I've been a silent reader but I got to run out of my hiding to let you know how good you are. Biko nu come and update o, we are begging.

who be this 1. Y you do mouth like who wan swallow frog?
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
Where is my gun am going to kill dat tania she is a joy killer indeed,did wole makes d wrong choice?
Re: Three Paths by FactsTruths: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Idiataqueen:
Where is my gun am going to kill dat tania she is a joy killer indeed,did wole makes d wrong choice?

A man who cannot decide his fate but leave it to the Jealous overtures of a Lady he's not tied the knot to is a weakling.
The foolish dude didn't think it over before resigning. It's a choice, blow the punanny, take a risk and be careful it doesn't boomerang else play safe and carefully place the woman where she belong by avoiding every every.
I dey vex for the idiot jor, when funds no dey again, the same biatch and her family will spew rubbish say them no fit release their daughter for who no go fit take care of am.
I dey para for here ehn.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by pryd(m): 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fantasyisland:
[size=18pt]33[/size]The head of Human Resources, Mrs Otabor stepped in with a smile ''morning Mr Uzoh'' she sang.

She was a buxom lady with a friendly smile and a cheerful disposition. She was wearing a brown suit with her signature hairdo - shuku. She always wove her hair with attachment as opposed to fixing single braids. If she didn’t do that, she would use her natural hair to do the shuku. She had a perfectly round head but someone didn’t advise her properly because she loved her shuku. It ended up giving the impression her head was rounder and it was not a good thing if you wanted to de-emphasise on the roundness of your head.

Oh! how much I love your delivery. Mrs Otabor most probably doesn't have much bearing on the story yet you went ahead to offer us an interesting description of her.
You don't just tell a story, you show it. You're a natural!

Please, serve us more..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by hottadiva(f): 1:07am On Jan 09, 2016
Mrs Otabor's shuku punch line grin
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 4:25am On Jan 09, 2016
FactsTruths:

A man who cannot decide his fate but leave it to the Jealous overtures of a Lady he's not tied the knot to is a weakling.
The foolish dude didn't think it over before resigning. It's a choice, blow the punanny, take a risk and be careful it doesn't boomerang else play safe and carefully place the woman where she belong by avoiding every every.
I dey vex for the idiot jor, when funds no dey again, the same biatch and her family will spew rubbish say them no fit release their daughter for who no go fit take care of am.
I dey para for here ehn.
u are right jare,no be only u o me too dey vex for wole,ok let me predict wole will be back to square one tania will be d breadwinner,she will be fedup because of her poor income,then she will leave wole,pls nobody should quote me o.
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 6:03am On Jan 09, 2016
and the story keeps getting more intriguing

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2016
I want more!!!
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Essyprity:
I want more!!!
U be Ryback??.... Calm down, miss fantasy is still cooking
Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:
U be Ryback??.... Calm down, miss fantasy is still cooking
I only made a request or was it my mind I said? Don't know any Rabacks.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:00am On Jan 11, 2016
contd

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2016
''I would if I could reach him''

''I could email you his emergency contact number or better still, I could make the call myself and ask him to give you a quick call''

Charles thought about it for some seconds but he already knew what his answer would be. Wole had disappointed him and he was not going to call the young man. Wole was indeed an ungrateful soul! He looked at Mrs Otabor and gave her the grim verdict ''I'll pass on that. I think the young man has made his decision and we ought to respect it''

''If you say so. Well that’s me off for now, I'll file this straight away and with your permission commence closing down formalities for Mr Wole Akinleye''

''Good one. You know, I didn’t believe it before but now I know there are truly people who are troubled from the village. I mean there is probably an old woman somewhere peering into a broken mirror with red frame and calling out some individual's name''

''Oh no!''

''I'm telling you or someone fanning herself with the young chap's photo''

Then Mrs Otabor began to laugh, she picked up the email from the table and continued laughing as she exited the office. And in the silence of his office, Charles shook his head in pity ''wasted opportunity'' he murmured. ''Complete waste!''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by nobletitus(f): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2016
Chai!!!!
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 11, 2016
It's very obvious the kind of person Oga Charles is, he sure does not pay attention to little things, he should know that only something serious could make Wole resign just like that considering the fact that Wole was still at his home the previous weekend oh....a part of me is hoping madam Okiemute would actually lose the pregnancy. embarassed
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Immediately, Ken stood up like a bullet ''Jesus Christ!'' he exclaimed, ''when did this start? Are you in pain? Please sit down if you're standing. Is the blood much or just a bit? Where are you calling from? What did the doctor say?''

''Ken, I'm at home''

Then he yelled at her ''why are you still at home?''

''Are you not hearing me? I said I just woke up and noticed it now now. I don’t know if…''

''You are careless!'' Ken thundered.

''How am I careless?'' Okiemute asked in a weak voice.

''Where is Fejiro?''

''I don’t know where she is''

''You are opening mouth and telling me you don’t know where she is? Look at the tone with which you are answering me; obviously you are still keeping malice with her. You see why I insist you need help? You cannot and should not live on your own in this your condition. You are in a delicate state and the farthest thing from your mind should be keeping malice!''

''You are talking as if Fejiro does not work. Would she have been here if I needed her like right now?''

''I don’t know about that and don’t answer me in that tone. She closes early and could have been home by now. Perhaps she would have noticed something earlier on. Perhaps she would have been helping around the house and you wouldn’t have to exert so much pressure on yourself''

''Ken, I'm pregnant and not dying. Pregnancy is not a disease''

''In any case, you should be speaking to me from the hospital. You should have called a cab or something''

''I just woke up like right now. I say let me tell you before anything else''

''Let me tell you, if anything happens to that pregnancy, I won't be smiling with you''

''But I don’t even know if… ''

''I'm on my way'' Ken replied then he hung up on her before she could say another word.

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2016
The moment Nat got into her room, she took off her office clothes and stepped into the shower. It had been a trying day for her. Besides her tooth, something happened at work. A close friend from work just returned after her maternity leave. She was a lady in her late twenties and although Nat was happy for her, in times like that, she felt like a complete failure. A year ago, the lady had her first child and no sooner had the child started crawling, before another belle enter. The lady had confided in Nat and another colleague about wanting to terminate the pregnancy but Nat reprimanded her in the strongest language.

On that day, the woman kept crying because she was not prepared for another child so soon. She kept saying she was not where she wanted to be professionally. She mentioned how she had put off writing her professional exam because of the pregnancy and now she was ready, another one had shown face. She continued to blame her husband who didn't allow her rest then she entered her doctor who didn't put her on a stronger contraceptive.

As the shower washed off the lather from Nat's body, she continued to think. Why is life so unfair to me? Look at someone who wanted to terminate her pregnancy yet I'm begging God for common one. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is it someone I offended? Is it something I did in my past? But the scriptures said God is faithful and he forgives a repentant soul. Surely he isn't counting my sins against me.

That was a long time ago plus she had left that life behind. She had been faithful to Ken ever since and the moment she said I do, she meant it! Almost immediately, her phone began to ring, so she rushed out of the bathroom and reached for it. Then she smiled. If she had known who the caller was, she might have ignored it and continued to enjoy her shower time. It was another colleague who had been annoying her but she gave the lady a piece of her mind earlier that day.

Tonia was her name. She was a boisterous, dark skinned lady who spoke more than she thought. She was also the chief proponent of natural hair sisters team and this further annoyed Nat who loved her Brazilian weave. She (Tonia)had even managed to recruit Tochi to her crew but Tochi was formerly a deeperlifer so that move would have been much easier for her. Besides Tochi was aka gum personified so she didn’t mind.

Nat would have continued ignoring Tonia but she was the sort of person who would drag her nachi hair around the office and keep singing ''length check'' then the ladies would admire the massive growth and start nodding their head in admiration ''it's grown since the last time abi?'' Tonia would ask.

''Yes it has'' the ladies would reply.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
She wasn't even keen on attending the party in the first place but she needed to correct Tonia. Now she had to attend this party unless Tonia might take offence and feel she had not forgiven her. In the meantime, she sent a reply thanking her and promising to attend then she continued to finger her phone.

Instinctively, she called her father-in-law and thanked him for the package but the old man did something his wife would never have done. Some women were naturally wired that way; they knew how to switch and start the pretence. Unfortunately papa was not so he replied in a perplexed tone ''thanks for what my daughter?''

''Ken has just gone to pick the package from GIG''

''What package my daughter? I didn’t send anything oh!''

Then Nat had to look for another lie to cover up. Some seconds later and with the lie in place, the pair continued to laugh over the phone. After Nat ended the call, she looked out of her window and continued to smile. She knew Ken wasn’t the poster child for the most faithful husband but she had nothing on him.

Besides it could be anything else. He might be running a business deal he didn’t want her to know about. He might have gone out to have a good time with his jaiye jaiye people. He knew she didn’t really like him hanging out with those married men that acted like bachelors but Ken always swore that there was nothing to it.

And so Nat shrugged her shoulder and reached for her lotion. She was not even going to mention it but she would watch him closely. She wasn’t going to lose sleep over this one - rara!

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2016

That evening there was a knock on Ebube's door as she was hemming her daughter's uniform ''come in'' she replied. Charles strolled in but leaned against the door like he was unsure of walking further. Ebube stopped for a minute and frowned at him ''I don’t bite'' she joked.

''I know'' he paused for a minute like he was unsure then he continued ''something happened today at work that's just got me thinking…''

''Thinking about what?''

''The irony of life and how fickle minded a man can be. I also thought of how ungrateful a man can be - thoroughly ungrateful. Mrs Otabor referred to the behaviour as brash. Sometimes the sheer magnitude of man's ingratitude baffles me''

''Going philosophical on me ehn?''

Then Charles smiled and moved closer. He sat on her bed and watched as she continued to hem away ''wouldn’t a tailor have done a better job?'' he asked.

''I quite agree but I'm not doing badly, see'' she showed him what she was doing then continued ''there is this neat finishing you get with hemming''

''What do I know?''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
''Yes, especially when it's done at the bottom of a dress. Once I'm done, I'll iron it and you wouldn’t notice the difference. Any ways, what's eating you hon?''

''Wole quit today''

Ebube stopped for a second, she was clearly in shock but she was a bloody good actress. Her brows furrowed like she was trying to recall who that was but Charles helped her out ''my PA, the guy who helps with the computers and …''

''Oh, oh, oh, what a shame! What was his reason?''

''No clue''

''There must have been a reason''

''Well it was the usual generic resignation letter devoid of any plausible reason and wait for this…sent via email''

''The nerve that young man has! Is that not the same man who came here this weekend?''

''Spot on''

Then Ebube began to laugh. Once she was done, she cut the thread with her teeth and pushed the uniform aside ''I told you not to impose so much trust on that fellow, didn’t I?''

''I'm afraid you did; I wish I'd listened''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
''Ebube, he was at the verge of moving to the IT unit. The young man was anticipating that move more than anything in the world and that’s why I am perplexed. I don’t know if…''

Then Ebube placed her index finger over his mouth and whispered ''Shh! It's not your fault; you did no wrong so you shouldn’t feel guilty. If someone got me a job and asked me to help at his home, I'll jump at it. I'll jump so high, my head will touch the ceiling. Do you realize how hard it is to get a job in this country? Let it go hon'' then she removed her finger from his mouth and smiled at him.

''You are right, you are right there. I will scrap the plan to call him. Thanks for the advice. Goodnight now''

''Goodnight honey'' then Charles got up and walked out of her room. As soon as he shut the door behind, Ebube made the sign of the cross and heaved a sigh of relief. She didn’t realize on time but she was already beginning to sweat sef. She hoped to God Charles didn’t take note of it. She wiped her forehead with her daughter's uniform and threw it on the floor. She would have to wash it the following day. Next she reached for her phone and deleted Wole’s contact from it.

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
mubzay:
Hmmmmmmm

Double hmmmmmmmm...

Eleyi gidi gan ni

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by heemah(f): 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
Women shaaa
Re: Three Paths by gal10(f): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmnnn

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (37) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.