Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Three Paths - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88458 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2016
''My dear, that is story for another day. I don’t want to talk too much but so much has gone wrong with that relationship. You can imagine I texted Uncle Monday and his wife after I'd given birth and till date none of them called or even texted back to say congratulations. Na that kain house you want make I go stay?''

''My dear cousin, please don’t take this the wrong way but I will follow Ken and advise you to go home''

''So you can't help me? But I heard you moved to mainland''

Then Fejiro sighed and announced ''Okiemute, I am no longer in Lagos''

''Really? When? I didn’t hear oh!''

''A lot has happened to you as has happened to me. It's been more than 6 months since we last spoke; isn't it?

''You are right my sister''

''I now reside in Abuja with the husband''

There was silence for some seconds before Okiemute exclaimed ''wow! Congrats, when did you get married? No one told me about that one''

TBC

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:36am On Feb 11, 2016
aprilwise:
A triangle with three bad sides.

I love this. I actually contemplated changing the title of this story based on the quoted but I'll let it slide. @Base83 you want to know more about the bullet and rabbit, please ask Olashas. I don't even need to write about it just PM that lady for more info. She bad gan! cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

Eagleeye2, I kinda miss your input in this story. I don't know if you are following this one. Have a good day everyone.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by aprilwise(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2016
Person wey belle full go still hungry. Okiemute don dey hungry.
Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 8:01am On Feb 11, 2016
Never maltreat the people u meet while going up cos u r still going to meet them while coming down....

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 8:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Now I am feeling sorry for okiemute cry

If only she had knew....

Olashas, Oya come ooo. We need to be educated in ur department (rabbit and bullet) grin
Re: Three Paths by eagleeye2: 8:20am On Feb 11, 2016
Fantasyisland:

I love this. I actually contemplated changing the title of this story based on the quoted but I'll let it slide. @Base83 you want to know more about the bullet and rabbit, please ask Olashas. I don't even need to write about it just PM that lady for more info. She bad gan! cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

Eagleeye2, I kinda miss your input in this story. I don't know if you are following this one. Have a good day everyone.
Actually Yes. I have been following from the beginning and like always, you have been good with the characters.
I have also been asking myself some very important questions; Like, can someone be like Oki, who used her own hands to destroy promising relationship? or Ebube who instead of being patient with the hubby, resorted to going after small boys and risk crashing her marriage.
I think Belinda is just the only character who stays true to who she is, even though she cannot be bold enough to let the world know. I prefer Belinda to the rest. As per Nat, I feel sorry for her. God has really blessed her materially, but the one thing she wants most keep eluding her.
To an extent I can relate to most of your characters.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2016
eagleeye2:

Actually Yes. I have been following from the beginning and like always, you have been good with the characters.
I have also been asking myself some very important questions; Like, can someone be like Oki, who used her own hands to destroy promising relationship? or Ebube who instead of being patient with the hubby, resorted to going after small boys and risk crashing her marriage.
I think Belinda is just the only character who stays true to who she is, even though she cannot be bold enough to let the world know. I prefer Belinda to the rest. As per Nat, I feel sorry for her. God has really blessed her materially, but the one thing she wants most keep eluding her.
To an extent I can relate to most of your characters.

I bah to you oh! Not a word the entire time? Only nkwobi can settle this rift.

Okay so now let's look at it this way. I'm shocked at your pick to be honest. The character I've been most afraid of was actually Belinda! Question for you (and this is the nagging thought I had as I wrote about her) is it possible to be gay, live with your best friends for so long and they have no clue about your lifestyle? No clue whatsoever?

Nat for me is the most secure character and so far nothing about her seems out of place. She has always been a religious fanatic (for lack of better words) and she's always suffered from PCOS hence her fertility challenges are not out of place. Like some former runs girls, they quickly settle into marriage proper and do away with their former ways hence her chaste lifestyle appears okay.

Then to Ebube; now how do I defend this one? She is the most stable character (I'd like to think) but like most of us, she has her bad side. She is the picture of perfect but beneath that, something is simmering underneath. With some people, it takes a little to tip them over the edge. In her case, it was the sexual frustration and trust me, some married women can be that frustrated and just lose it!
Ebube enjoys a healthy sexual relationship, she secretly likes young men (call her a cougar) and probably has fantasies about them but has managed to keep this in check. Don't forget while she was dating her husband in final year, she had a toy boyfriend keeping her company on campus. Her straying away when her husband cannot meet her sexual needs should not be too shocking then. She is only acting the script (like a good number of us would) where no one is watching.

Okiemute hmm, I'm gonna make this quick. Let's just say people (especially young, insecure and immensely jealous) do really silly things when they are incensed. Need I go any further? You should comment more, I enjoy conversations like this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2016
lumzybo:

Olashas, Oya come ooo. We need to be educated in ur department (rabbit and bullet) grin
Romance machines, duh tongue. Everyone knows that. If we ask nicely, fantasyisland could give a detailed and steamy illustration. cheesy
Re: Three Paths by Teespice(f): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2016
fantasyisland,

I read your two previous works on okadabooks and I was so blown away.

this piece as well is epic. forgive my not commenting since because I lack words to describe how well crafted this novel is.

one way or the other, people can relate to the stories of the main characters in question.

I feel really bad for okiemute, but it is her cross. I said so because she went into everything with her eyes wide open. the only person who could have helped her was who she turned her back on when she was supposedly living large. as someone aptly put it, be kind to those you meet on your way up, they re the ones you would meet when you are down.

kudos. I don't mind waiting long for updates because I know the wait would be worth it.

well done.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2016
I do not pity oki at all. She is d architect of her misfortune. What boldness has she got to call Nat?
Ken is so gullible. He knew ds day might come yet didn't save for dry season. He belongs to d group of men that believes a woman shud be able to tolerate and accept the misdeeds of the husband. Whereas, it is the woman that finances them.
Blossom is a parasite and belinda just enter one chance. I hope she finds her direction.
In all, fantasy, this is a good piece that one can relate to in real life cuz PCOS is one of the infertility issues affecting women in marriage.
Have a great day ahead.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by eagleeye2: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2016
Fantasyisland:

I bah to you oh! Not a word the entire time? Only nwobi can settle this rift.

Okay so now let's look at it this way. I'm shocked at your pick to be honest. The character I've been most afraid of was actually Belinda! Question for you (and this is the nagging thought I had as I wrote about her) is it possible to be gay, live with your best friends for so long and they have no clue about your lifestyle? No clue whatsoever?

Nat for me is the most secure character and so far nothing about her seems out of place. She has always been a religious fanatic (for lack of better words) and she's always suffered from PCOS hence her fertility challenges are not out of place. Like some former runs girls, they quickly settle into marriage proper and do away with their former ways hence her chaste lifestyle appears okay.

Then to Ebube; now how do I defend this one? She is the most stable character (I'd like to think) but like most of us, she has her bad side. She is the picture of perfect but beneath that, something is simmering underneath. With some people, it takes a little to tip them over the edge. In her case, it was the sexual frustration and trust me, some married women can be that frustrated and just lose it!
Ebube enjoys a healthy sexual relationship, she likes young men (call her a cougar) and probably fantasies about them but has managed to keep this in check. Don't forget while she was dating her husband in final year, she had a toy boyfriend keeping her company on campus. Her straying away when her husband cannot meet her sexual needs should not be too shocking then. She is only acting the script (like a good number of us would) where no one is watching.

Okiemute hmm, I'm gonna make this quick. Let's just say people (especially young, insecure and immensely jealous) do really silly things when they are incensed. Need I go any further? You should comment more, I enjoy conversations like this...
Sorry, I didn't comment before. But I was actually making my own assessment of your characters and comparing to real life situation.
Yes it's possible to live with people for so long and they wouldn't realize your sexual orientation or choose to play the I Don't Care role. Remember the day Blossom walked in and found out Belinda went home. She was very downcast. hmmmm.
Yes, Natasha has her own peculiar problem. But beneath all those Religious fanaticism, Nat remains a hypocrite. She didn't really leave her Aristo lifestyle. How did she get her job? How did she climb the corporate ladder? How did she corner contracts for DH? Fantasy, she only became very professional in what she does.
Ebube always love younger guys, but didn't love them enough to marry them. Yes, the hubby had a problem with premature eja.culation. But it's curable, and she should have had a little more patience. Nothing kills a man's ego more than not being able to satisfy his woman. Now imagine a fellow man (pastor or not) hinting at this problem. I know it wasn't easy for her as a woman, but at the end what did she achieve? Rather she pushed her hubby away from the bedroom. It's only a matter of time before the husband finds out.
Concerning Okiemute, I really don't pity her cos she's the architect of her own problem.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
eagleeye2:

Yes, Natasha has her own peculiar problem. But beneath all those Religious fanaticism, Nat remains a hypocrite. She didn't really leave her Aristo lifestyle. How did she get her job? How did she climb the corporate ladder? How did she corner contracts for DH? Fantasy, she only became very professional in what she does.

Hahaha good points. Concerning the above, you just went into the future and vomited what a certain character would say, hahaha. If you are completely correct is another matter. When we get to that point, I'm sure you'll nearly go "bingo! Said it"
LOL

@olashas, you're forming coy now abi? LOL

@teespice, I'm honoured thanks a lot.

@mubzay, you harsh small sha but I feel you. LOL
I try not to tilt towards a certain character when I write but I must confess this chapter made me feel sorry for Miss Okiemute Daisy Oki. Almost how I felt when I wrote about the death of a certain Crystal character in a previous novel.

Lumzy, eitsei and Aprilwise I appreciate. Okay back to work.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by kinah(f): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
''Okiemute, let me just be honest with you, I am suffering. On the days I visit hospital for post natal or vaccination, na so I go carry big umbrella dey enter molue.
Sometimes I go come dey wonder say, na me be this? Na so my life come be? I didn’t believe my life will turn out like this in a thousand years''

FEJIRO nt OKIEMUTE

carry go BAe.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by nobletitus(f): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
I did not evn pity okiemute as well,she jst started............how many minute patience dat she cant wait then that she allow her anger to control her its only Cass and ken am pityin here
Re: Three Paths by jxdee: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Auntie Fantasyisland, God has really blessed you with too much talent and wisdom! Kilode!!? Na only u waka come from heaven with all this talent?
It's really paining me that I missed one of ur stories cos I know I've missed a lot of lessons. You are one writer on here that writes real life fiction that always blesses your readers. You just take real life situations and yarn it into great stories full of lessons. So these are the things I've learnt so far :
1. We should be careful the paths we take in early life cos it might charter the whole course of our lives from henceforth if care is not taken or we become too comfortable with that path as seen in Nat's case.
2. We all have dark desires and must work on doing away with them by seeking help instead of repressing them so these desires don't catch up with us and embarrass us in the future. We have to accept that we have these desires and work from there as seen in the case of Ebube and Blossom.
3. I've learnt that secrets are deadly and pose serious threats to our relationships.
4. We should seek help from our partners when dealing with people who are making advances towards us or trying to seduce us. Yes, our partners may not handle the situation well but in the end it will be in our own interests. After all two heads are better than one.
5. It will never be well with you if you go chasing other people's spouses. That's a sure landslide to frustration as seen in Oki's case.
I'm still learning. Thank you.
Mr eagleeye2, I agree with you. Nat is still an aristo. She's too comfortable with that lifestyle cos that's how she's been solving her money problems since.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
cool story. i love the way it went.
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
na waoh o,see as una don analyse this story finish, fantasy welldone ma u're truly talented & good.I'm loving every bit of these wonderful three paths.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 2:37am On Feb 12, 2016
nibo ni baby yi tu gba lo na !!!!

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2016
kinah:
''Okiemute, let me just be honest with you, I am suffering. On the days I visit hospital for post natal or vaccination, na so I go carry big umbrella dey enter molue.
Sometimes I go come dey wonder say, na me be this? Na so my life come be? I didn’t believe my life will turn out like this in a thousand years''

FEJIRO nt OKIEMUTE

carry go BAe.

I saw that too.
Cc. Fantasyisland.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Nice story. I see Ebube threading Belinda's path. One thing i've observed about Belinda is that she's great at 'programming'.
I think from rabbit and bullet (romance machines according to olashas, babe i hail o), they're probably going to make a triumphant entry into anoda stage where Belinda seems to be a pro in.

As for Okiemute, she made a wrong move. Pulled a foolish stunt and got served. I pity for her though. Ken is going through a tough time because of her and she expects him to magically wriggle out of the situation she put him and come running to her because he's a prominent magician nah.

Nice piece Fantasy!

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Kajiang02(m): 11:34am On Feb 13, 2016
Fantasy,
Can you connect me to Belinda. I'm currently working on someone tilted to the other end like her, and I sure do have some progress report.
It's not an easy task especially as she's the female &the other person, domineering male (she).

You know i'll follow your stories to the moon and back, cos like that Musician, your stories are hits. #backtoback

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by SexySapphire(f): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
I'm just so in love with the way this story is turning out to be. I feel no iota of pity for Okiemute cos she's the architect that designed her own problems with her bare hands. I'm so happy God vindicated Fejiro by giving her a home to proudly call her own and I must salute her for not mocking Oki with the "I told you so" phrase. This story is just so realistic and it keeps happening around us everyday but some people will just never learn. Well done Fantasyisland, you never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 1:19am On Feb 14, 2016
SexySapphire:
I'm just so in love with the way thi

Lol how many girls wouldn't had acted the way okiemute did.

We are "omniscience" because we see all the characters and their mind. But remember Okiemute sees it only from her own perspective and He had indeed played her hard through continous lies. She needed to get back at him atleast as his first child baby mama(she get mouth na for typical African setting grin) She knew he wanted a child and would do anything to please her, hence she acted. What she did wrong was she acted when the anger was still at a 100degree. Moreover, he never gave her a clue he was totally dependent on his wife.

So for her mind, if him vex highest 2months he go come back cuz pikin dey.

So I don't blame her for what she did as an African lady(with polygamous mind-set), I only blame her for acting under the influence of anger!

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by fam24(f): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
I have no iota of pity for Oki. she got what she deserved, more than she bargained for. Typical African mistress, trying to reap where she didn't sow. If her assumption were to be right and Ken was the man of the home, the wife would either beg and accept her into her home or she moves out of her matrimonial home for her.
Some men are so ..., out of desperation for a child, they destroy their home. Even if the mistress claim another man's pregnancy to be theirs.

fantasyisland, thumb up. You are going places

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
@fretfingers: I dnt support ur claim. She is just covetous. She knew he was married b4 agreeing to be his mistress and also her cousin warned her not to be carried away cuz he will never leave his wife for her. She also knew that nat gives ken contracts.
Her intention was to milk ken which she has been doing before d stupid African logo got d best of her.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
mubzay:
@fretfingers: I dnt support ur claim.

Covetous-yes she is! Desperate- yes he his also(Remember he'd made statements about how he wouldn't mind susbtituting being rich for being a father-yeah?).

Its a 50:50 deal. She gives him what he wants(child(ren)) and he gives her what she needs(money).

He told her Nat contracts, but dint let her know he was totally dependent on her. I mean how many men would tell their concubine that the house they live in is their wifes, common that's absurd! Am sure his family members don't know that either (well may be after the break up).

If she had known he was totally dependent on his wife she wudn't had done that dear.

For me. They are both to blaim. So I don't feel sorry for neither of the two.
Re: Three Paths by Tife101(m): 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Well...I will blame both of them. Even despite the warning from her cousin, she still mess up. She just act like a typical African mistress. To every action there is always an equal an opposite reaction..

Wow! Fejiro is married. Enjoy your hubby to the fullest jare.

Nice 1 fantasyisland

Come and update ooooo ;DWell...I will blame both of them. Even despite the warning from her cousin, she still mess up. She just act like a typical African mistress. To every action there is always an equal an opposite reaction..

Wow! Fejiro is married. Enjoy your hubby to the fullest jare.

Nice 1 fantasyisland

Come and update ooooo

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:23am On Feb 16, 2016
@Fretfingers you have a point there. Okiemute had no idea how much Ken was dependent on his wife. She believed since she was carrying his child, he would eventually forgive her and condone her excesses. She probably believed Nat would be the one begging for survival to remain in husband's house having lost on bearing his seed.

Unfortunately, she didn't realize how much Ken relied on his wife. Not supporting her but that was probably why she allowed her anger take over. She believed she had everything working in her favour alas she thought wrong.

Guys I'm sorry about the update issue. NEPA nor let me see road. Once I get around it, I'll update.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
@fretfingers, u are right.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fantasyisland:

Exactly my point. If she hadn't acted I would have perhaps called your attention to it cuz it would mean she is covetous, a loud mouth, attractive and absolutely cool headed(or have no boiling point) and I don't think the 4qualities can mix. Well, I stand to be corrected wink grin

Hmmm... young lady, am sure u'd find a way around the light ish! Take your time
Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
mubzay:
@fretfingers, u are right.

U r too ma'am.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.