Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Three Paths - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88298 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:27am On Feb 20, 2016
Then as if on cue, Belinda walked back into the living room and began to speak and cry at the same time ''you've got no clue, have you? I've been unhappy for a very long time but I couldn’t even tell you because you've been immersed in your own problems''

''Belinda, it's okay'' Ebube said.

''Not it's not and I'm sick and tired of pretending like it is. You try being the black sheep of your family. Try being the person everyone asks about wedding, men and babies. Try loving someone selflessly and not having them love you back. Try dealing with betrayal. Try helping someone and her husband obtain a visa then they throw you under the bus the first chance they get. Try living in a judgemental society that has set standards you can never ever attain. Try being the best in your field and having your parents continually sing medicine for you. Try having your parents compare you with your doctor siblings all the bloody time! Try doing your best but it's never good enough. Try being gay in a country like Nigeria!''

For the next few seconds, the room was quiet, so quiet you could hear a pin drop then Nat pushed aside her handbag and announced ''that’s 14 years darling. Barrister Ebube, there is a law to that effect, isn't it? Didn’t GEJ sign that bill into law? Wasn’t that the bill that pit the western world against us?''

Finally Ebube lost it ''Fück you!'' she yelled. She stood up and went to hug Belinda.

''Hey yeh! What did I say wrong?'' Nat announced. ''Why is everyone so serious today? Is it just me or am I having a blonde moment?''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:27am On Feb 20, 2016
''I wasn’t joking when I said I was gay''

''She is gay'' Ebube reiterated.

''Gay like she is happy or gay like you are a lesbian?''

No one said a word and Nat quickly realized it was no joke. She tried to reason it out for some seconds but it was not making any sense. Afterwards, she shook her head and announced ''this is wrong. This is wrong yall''

''Is that all you can say?'' Ebube whispered. She eyed Nat and continued to comfort Belinda. She had an arm on Belinda's back and she continued to rub it ''is that all you can tell our friend?'' she yelled at Nat.

''No I have more to say. When did this start? Secondary school? University? I don’t believe this. How could it have gone on and I didn’t have a clue? Are you girls kidding me or something? And why am I just hearing about this?''

''It's not only you. I actually learnt of this just before you went on your trip. Belinda opened up to me and…''

''Belinda, when did this start? Please sit and let's talk about it''

Belinda refused to sit, she merely folded her arms and leaned against a wall. Natasha continued to look at her but the answer was not forth coming. Finally Ebube spoke up ''university'' She looked at Belinda and Belinda nodded her head like it was okay for her to continue on her behalf. And so Ebube did ''it began in second semester 100 Level with Blossom''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:28am On Feb 20, 2016
''BB King?''

''Yes, Blossom nee Okara''

''Jesus Christ! How on earth… how couldn’t we have known. Oh God! Now it's all coming back to me. It's all making sense; her coldness and unwillingness to be friends with us. I didn’t understand it then but now… apparently she was jealous or something. God this is shocking!'' she kept quiet for some seconds then yelled again ''Arghhh! Her not wanting to marry or have kids… damn, I should have known. Then all those times in school Bel kept insisting she was a virgin and we would tease her and call her a liar''

''She wasn't lying about that. She hadn’t had sex at that time; at least not penetrative''

''I'm sorry, forgive my faux pas in the event I err. So is it like Blossom wasn’t doing her but she was doing Blossom? Like Belinda was the man and Blossom was the woman who was erm you know now. Like is Belinda still a virgin? Is Belinda like the butch or…''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:28am On Feb 20, 2016
''Nat, please there is no need to be graphic plus the word butch is an offensive term to describe a lesbian''

''Wow! I'm sorry but I'm just astonished. I'm beyond stunned, like this is pure drama for me. Was Belinda like the man in the relationship?''

Then Ebube spoke in a calm voice ''there is no man or woman in the relationship. They were two people who dated - finish''

''This is a lot to digest. You are chilled because you've got a good head start honey'' Nat concluded.

''I understand but we need to be here for our friend. It has not been easy for her too'' then Ebube continued to talk and at a certain point, Belinda took over and finished the entire tale right up to when Blossom's husband found out about them. As soon as she was done, Nat sighed deeply and announced ''hmm, it is well even in the well. The good thing is this behaviour can be unlearned''

Suddenly Ebube frowned at her while Belinda asked ''unlearned?''

''Yes, you were not born with it. It began in 100 Level and if you want to drop it, you can''

''But I was born with it, I am gay…''

''No you weren’t. At least you were not gay while we were in secondary school; you said so yourself''

''But I kind of had the tendencies so…''

''No, that’s not true. You are making it up as you go along. Why are you trying so hard to align with that lifestyle?''

''But I am not, it is who I am, who I have been and…''

''What are you on about Belinda? We lived for how years at the university and not once did I suspect a thing. We were young and innocent at the boarding house and again this thing never cropped up. If you were truly a lesbian, then the best time of your life would have been in an all girls secondary school but it never happened. That is where you would have thrived unhindered. Is anybody seeing this from the angle I'm at?'' Nat paused for a minute and looked at her friends but no one said a thing. At this stage, she expected Ebube to nod in agreement or say something in her defence but she noticed Ebube could not even look her in the eye.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:29am On Feb 20, 2016
She was so disappointed but she continued in a softer tone ''you got caught up with the wrong person and stuff happened. Blossom may not even be a lesbian but she probably had naughty thoughts running through her mind like most young ladies. Do you want to know the number or women that have fantasised about kissing another woman? Hell I know i have. Then do you want to know the number that go out to act that role just for the fun of it? I haven't though.

Listen, all I'm trying to say is that people have crazy thoughts as humans. Sometimes they act them out but that does not make them gay. Perhaps Blossom was lonely then and just like a matchstick and a matchbox… boom… you were all she needed and thereafter you guys just continued. You must forgive yourself and move on dear. This kind of thing should not even get out there. Please stop claiming what you are not because this is not a good thing oh! There is power in your tongue. You are trying to wear that title like it's a garment of honour. God forbid that remains your portion. Belinda, you deserve to be happy. You deserve to be with a man who loves and adores you. You deserve to have your own kids…''

''But I don’t want kids''

''I think we need to respect Belinda's wishes here'' Ebube added.

Then Nat looked at her in shock and lashed out at her ''Ebube, are you for this lifestyle or against it?''

''That is an unfair question to…''

''Do you support lesbianism? Simple yes or no?''

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:33am On Feb 20, 2016
''It is not for me to say what is right or wrong. At the end of the day, whatever Belinda chooses to do, she has my full support. It’s the same for you; whatever you choose with Ken, you have my full support. That is what friends do for each other. We may not understand her choice but…''

''Bull! Crap! Friends are there to tell each other the truth no matter how much it hurts. It’s the same way you advise me to get back with Ken although you add the caveat that either way you'll support me. That makes me know what you truly wish I'll do. In the same vein, I kind of know where you stand with Belinda on this issue and i must add that I'm sorely disappointed''

''Okay now this is getting deep'' Ebube replied.

''We've only just started; I'll make it go deeper. Do you know your problem Ebube?''

''Tell me''

''You are trying to be politically correct but if you continue like this, God will judge you too! Ebube, God will judge you and he would do it harshly because you knew the truth yet allowed our friend wallow in sin'' then she turned to Belinda and continued ''Bel, come to my church and let my pastor pray for you. This thing will drop so quickly you'll wonder why you'd not done it years ago. Come and allow my pastor deliver you''

''But I don’t need deliverance'' Belinda whispered. She was already beginning to tear up again and Ebube yelled ''Nat, that’s okay! I’ve not seen Belinda cry in ages and I find it rather upsetting’’

''Ebube, where do you stand?'' Nat asked. ''Are you holding brief for Belinda? Are you not a Christian? The bible says you cannot be lukewarm - you are neither hot nor cold so he will spew you out of his mouth; that’s God talking now not me''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:34am On Feb 20, 2016
''You are a bloody hypocrite!'' Ebube spat out.

''Leave that level because I know where you want to go''

''Like hell I'll go there!''

''Let me tell you, the word of God does not change. Are you not aware of Sodom and Gomorrah? Why did the bible say God destroyed those cities? Are you not aware that there is a spirit behind homosexuality? That is the spirit that has held our friend captive and prevented her from getting married. That is the spirit that almost ruined Blossom's home and it’s the same spirit that is urging you to pretend like this is okay''

At that point Ebube began to yell at her while Belinda continued to weep ''you have deep issues Natasha'' Ebube said. ''You are blinded by spiritual doctrines that have held you captive. You are also homophobic but I don’t think you quite realize it. You ought to be ashamed of your actions today. Whoever judged you while you were doing runs in school? Did I or Belinda ever call you out? Whoever judged you while you were tying scarf on your head and going from church to sleep with man? Whoever judged you about your oil company work which we all know you got through bottom power abi did you polish Uncle Edwin's shoe then he smiled and accepted your CV? You bloody well knew what you were on your knees polishing before he got you got that blasted job!''

cc:eagleeye2 (dats the portion I was talking about)

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:36am On Feb 20, 2016
''I hear you'' Nat replied.

''Am I lying? Swear you didn’t bonk that old man until he entered plane out of this country. Go ahead and lie and let thunder strike you dead this second! Do you think we are fools? If you are such a good Christian as you claim to be, why haven’t you quit that job? Why haven’t you made restitution abi you think say God don forget?''

''Are you done?'' Nat asked in a calm manner.

''Now your mouth nor sharp again abi? At least manage and answer one of my questions. Why haven’t you forgiven Ken and confessed all your plenty runs sins to him? Has it ever occurred to you that’s probably the reason you are without a child?''

Suddenly Belinda stopped crying and stared on in shock. She had never seen Ebube that mad and certainly what she just spewed was something massive! You needed to eat the heart of a lion to say something like that.

Meanwhile Ebube continued to talk ''I'm asking you. Do you know where your problem is coming from?''

''Don’t go there Ebube'' Nat sang in a high pitched tone.

''I'll go everywhere bítch cos you've done just that! You are no saint so why do you suddenly think you are better than Belinda?''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:37am On Feb 20, 2016
''Can I speak now?''

''I didn’t stop you. On the contrary I've been waiting for you to say something''

''Well thank you for quoting all my sins but I'm glad you don’t have one against me today. I am glad there are all in my past. You are talking past tense and I'm speaking present tense - halleluiah!''

Then Ebube turned to Belinda and said ''watch her turn it around and start acting like the fanatic she is. Mad woman! Fücking lunatic! We keep quiet and even laugh when you act like this but let me tell you, that shít aint cool!''

''Why I nor go mad thank God? The bible said David tore his clothes while praising God, wouldn’t we call that madness today? Why won't I shout halleluiah with all the plenty sins you have reeled on top my small head yet my father has forgiven me. My bible says who the son of man has set free is free indeed. At least I can put my hand on my chest and swear no man other than my husband has seen my nakédness since I got married''

''Thank God for you, you sure needed to take an early retirement''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:39am On Feb 20, 2016
''Thank you too but can you people do the same? Is it not the Belinda that just admitted she has been sleeping with her fellow woman? A married woman for that matter - a mother! And you as the second half of her best friend has been supporting that sordid lifestyle''

''I haven’t you homophobic creature from hell!''

''Oh yes you have Mrs Renegade and don’t you dare deny it! By your action or inaction you have… how do you people say it again in law? Ehen! I remember now, you have acquiesced!''

''You are pathetic! Fancy using my own words against me and can I just say you are no angel. Your fancy little sermon is pretty rich coming from you''

''I agree but I am sorry I cannot act Great Britain while you play USA and we pretend to be politically correct allies. My method may not be right but my conclusion will always remain the same. I will trek to the ends of the earth and return but I'll say the same thing. Belinda has got a problem and you should not be an enabler!'' then Nat picked up her bag and strapped it across her shoulder with another announcement ''ponder on that Ebube and take a stand for Christ. I'm off now, I have evening service to attend''

''Good riddance'' Ebube whispered.

''I heard you darling'' Nat yelled. Then she shut the door behind with a bang.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:44am On Feb 20, 2016
write2obi:

Fantasy I think you made a little mistake here, is it over two months or little over 4 months?

Thanks. A little over two months would mean just into the third month abi? Therefore it is safe to infer that such an event is coming to the 4 month mark. Does that make sense? Confusing I know; I should find a simpler way to express myself sometimes. cheesy cheesy cheesy tnx tho

@eagleeye, no one wants this story to finish as much as I do but sometimes its beyond my control. Bear with me @ everyone. Tnx
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:46am On Feb 20, 2016
SexySapphire:
I think Nat is starting to take this issue too far. We all know she's going through some psychological and emotional problems, but she shouldn't take it out on her friends because they care about her. She should have atleast given them a listening ear and not judge them like that.

I quite agree. Why she decided to take it out on her friends is something I myself cant explain. grin grin cheesy
We will see the far reaching implication of her actions on that day. Stick around...
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:47am On Feb 20, 2016
Ossaifamous:
Ohhhh interesting

Where have you been? You should comment more often. LOL
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 4:07am On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=Fantasyisland post=43082246]

Where have you been?

Oh I will from now on
Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 4:20am On Feb 20, 2016
[b][/b]now this is getting interesting
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 4:49am On Feb 20, 2016
Nat sure was too hypocritical with her opinions but she has spoken the views of many folks here today

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by eagleeye2: 5:49am On Feb 20, 2016
Fantasyisland:
''You are a bloody hypocrite!'' Ebube spat out.

''Leave that level because I know where you want to go''

''Like hell I'll go there!''

''Let me tell you, the word of God does not change. Are you not aware of Sodom and Gomorrah? Why did the bible say God destroyed those cities? Are you not aware that there is a spirit behind homosexuality? That is the spirit that has held our friend captive and prevented her from getting married. That is the spirit that almost ruined Blossom's home and it’s the same spirit that is urging you to pretend like this is okay''

At that point Ebube began to yell at her while Belinda continued to weep ''you have deep issues Natasha'' Ebube said. ''You are blinded by spiritual doctrines that have held you captive. You are also homophobic but I don’t think you quite realize it. You ought to be ashamed of your actions today. Whoever judged you while you were doing runs in school? Did I or Belinda ever call you out? Whoever judged you while you were tying scarf on your head and going from church to sleep with man? Whoever judged you about your oil company work which we all know you got through bottom power abi did you polish Uncle Edwin's shoe then he smiled and accepted your CV? You bloody well knew what you were on your knees polishing before he got you got that blasted job!''

cc:eagleeye2 (dats the portion I was talking about)
Ebube said my mind. But why are they all separating in this 'bitter' form? Dam.n if you are tired of your friends (male or female) why not just quietly walk away.
Look at Oki, and Fijero, no matter how large Fijero's heart is, she will always remember that betrayal in a long while.
Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 7:00am On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmmn.... this was indeed DEEP!!!

Nat really said it all. To me, a larger part of Bel quiet agreed with what Nat said cos she was so on point and you could see the remorse in her voice.

As for Ebube, she really need to take her stand instead of going back and forth. We are where we are today in the country cos majority of us choose to be "political".

In Bel's case, our society/religion frowned @ such act. Ebube then shld av talked some sense into Bel instead of doing the "u av my support thingy"

After reading what Ebube said abt Nat's past being responsible 4 her present, a question comes to mind is karma real and does it exempt some pple?

I enjoyed this update. Good work @fantasy.

Happy weekend every1.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by stonecoldcafe: 7:13am On Feb 20, 2016
Ossaifamous:
Nat sure was too hypocritical with her opinions but she has spoken the views of many folks here today

Very very true.
Re: Three Paths by aprilwise(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2016
Drama ladies.
Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2016
Wow! Wow! Wow! Now Fantasy, ur conversations are super. Ur story has a perfect alignment. What a hot meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Essyprity(f): 8:08am On Feb 20, 2016
Ossaifamous:
I concur!

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by kinah(f): 8:15am On Feb 20, 2016
Wish I could use a drawing to show wat I mean
the three ladies, three paths
everyone carryin their cross. It is all making sense. Weldone ma'am
Re: Three Paths by pryd(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2016
Nat might not be the most pleasant of friends but of a truth she's playing a crucial role. Her methods are far from delightful but you'd rather have her on your team than against you. grin
Re: Three Paths by ibkn(m): 9:26am On Feb 20, 2016
I cannot deal with Nat hypocritical behavior.. he without sin should cast a stone. whether na lesbianism or na runs its still fornication. also the talk of nobody has seen my unclothedness since marriage means that she did the runs up to her wedding so must she be judgemental. it is our flaws that makes us human. the lady that kongy hook she nearly seduced her husband staff or the One that because of her financial condition slept with Uncle Edwin... are both human and should accept their flaws accordingly.
as for Belinda at least she knows that her paddy is a homophobic so minus one.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmm. Can we have another update?
Re: Three Paths by virtuedagirl(f): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
D atmosphere in Bel's room got so heated up that i felt 'e fit boil beans'. Truth be told i agree wit Nat on this,a true friend is someone who looks at u to ur face and tell u the truth even when it hurts,we all have a past so Nat may not be perfect but because we've erred is never a reason to continue in it,Nat has moved from her past and want Bel to do so,i dont see her as being judgemental but she want her to change. Until u accept u are wrong then u can't make it right.

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
virtuedagirl:
D atmosphere in Bel's room got so heated up that i felt 'e fit boil beans'. Truth be told i agree wit Nat on this,a true friend is someone who looks at u to ur face and tell u the truth even when it hurts,we all have a past so Nat may not be perfect but because we've erred is never a reason to continue in it,Nat has moved from her past and want Bel to do so,i dont see her as being judgemental but she want her to change. Until u accept u are wrong then u can't make it right.

I quite agree with you...a good friend should be able to look you up in the eye and tell you the truth even if it hurts them.
Nat had a past so do those ladies, that she did unspeakable things in the past does not means she should agree to immorality now...being an ex prostitute is no reason to hail a runs girl now...what if the so called runs girl won't be has lucky as her and perish.
A good friend who cares so much about you should be able to look evil in the eyes and says this is evil.
let Belinda be angry, but at least Nat told her what she feels is right in her own view.

@Fantasy island, kudos for this nice story...you've made me have a deep reflection of life. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by dhebo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
now it boils down to the question,what type of friend do we actually need.one that supports our every decision either good or bad(ebube)? or one that strongly criticize our decision at the detriment of our friendship (fejiro).think I prefer fejiro.
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
virtuedagirl:

You've said it all.

I prefer friends like Nat n Fejiro. Truth is bitter and hurts bt dnt stop saying it.

Friends like Ebube are politicians, we need such friends when we know we are wrong bt needs an allay.
Re: Three Paths by jxdee: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
I'll accept Nat's friendship any day, anytime. I've actually walked away from a friend who didn't tell me what was going wrong with me and around me in order to conform to societal rules. Friends like Ebube are the reason society the way it is today. Let's tell each other the truth no matter how painful. It's not easy but when we start with the little things we'll get there.
But I think Ebube is afraid Belinda will rat her out to her husband if she doesn't tread carefully where Belinda is concerned.
God bless you madam Fantasyisland.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
[size=18pt]46[/size]
After evening service, Nat hung around to see her pastor. Actually it was pastors; the pastor and his wife. The pair had been instrumental in trying to get her to accept her husband back. They were not only working on Nat but also counselling a willing and contrite Ken.

On that cold evening, Nat spoke to them about the latest discovery on her friend claiming she was a lesbian. Nat was just that sort of person. She was quite good when it came to confiding in her pastor over something that worried her. The good thing was that she didn’t call any names; she actually lied that Belinda was a cousin.

It was all in a bid to help her fictitious cousin. Unlike Ebube who had decided to take things calmly, Nat was actually troubled about Belinda's lifestyle. She wanted advice on ways she could help her dear friend. And as she spoke that night, Pastor and Pastor Mrs Tony Chudi continued to nod their head in agreement. They were all of the opinion that the said cousin needed deliverance.

However, Mrs Chudi was skeptical of how Natasha had handled the matter. ''Your cousin will not trust you if you were so dismissive''

''Ma, it's not like I wanted to be but I could not help myself'' Natasha replied. ''I was so shocked. This is a cousin that is so close to me. We grew up together as children and even attended the same secondary school and university. Ma, I have my own challenges oh but it paled in comparison with what I heard today''

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.