Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

how to be responsible at 28 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / how to be responsible at 28 (2082 Views)

How Can I Be So Handsome And Yet Be A Virgin At 28? / At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) / At 28 I Have No Girl In My Life Due To Lack Of Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

how to be responsible at 28 by Naijalife(f): 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2005
how to be responsible at 28
Guy
what will be the height of responsiblity for you
at what AGE do you start being responsible?
at what age do you stop clubbing all week long, stop acting childish and start building towards a promising future?

Ladies
at what age should men be frigging responsible?
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by Oracle(m): 2:03am On Sep 28, 2006
This is not a question worth asking, people get responsible when they can, besides no one will tell you he/she is irresponsible
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by momoney1(m): 2:15am On Sep 28, 2006
sorry i'll answer him in my way,

actually will not stop clubing now(25) but rather minimize it

if that is what you mean by being responsible anyway
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by kheme(m): 8:48am On Sep 28, 2006
at age 18
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by chessguru(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2008
responsibility comes with acceptance of responsibility!!
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by tpia6: 3:38am On Jan 24, 2011
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 24, 2011
If at the freaking age of 28 (i.e. 30 minus 2) you haven't sorted out all your teenage foolishness, then you might have a long-term problem on your hand.
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by MrCork17: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2011
Mr Cork <<<<<< Responsible guy angry
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by kodewrita(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2011
Some ideas I have found helpful:

==>List out all your age mates and stuff they've done. List out your achievements since birth. Compare.

==>Find God.

==>Get a job doing something.

==>Get your own house/apartment. Part of being an adult is paying bills and learning the reasons for all those rules you grew up with. Waking up in a pile of your own clothes is one of the top ways to bring it home to you that houses NEED TO BE CLEAN.

==>Create a few simple rules and follow them within your newly created territory. (Nothing on the floor. Clean stuff immediately. Cook every night. Delay all purchases by a day at least.)

==>Separate yourself from your very helpful relatives and do stuff on your own. Tackle stuff . Essentially develop a spine.

==>Learn to cook. Start with frying. its easy. move on to boiling stuff later. Stews too.

==>Introduce yourself as Mr X not just X and keep altering your behaviour until that introduction sounds less fake.

==>Aim for Respect.

==> Save at least a 6-month salary equivalent. Not because people say its cool but somehow it adds to your mental swagger and calms you down in ways you cant imagine.

==>Find a mentor. Find some older guy who can criticise and advise you. Dont take everything they say though but at least have someone smarter to talk to.

just my 2 kobo,
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by MMM2(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2011
when u re death angry
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by pendo89(f): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2011
op trying am trying to understand this question of yours.

1.Responsibility is not about age.

At 10 yrs I could handle responsibility (ref.to domestics ie cleaning,cooking,washing etc) without supervision at all.
(thnk God 4 boarding).
But I was not mature so my interest around that age was playing kiddish games and everything a 10 yr old does.

But when I finished studying and got a job my interests and talk changed.
I developed a desire to want to improve myself and build my future not waste time partying with friends.
I was no longer a 'responsible kid' but a 'mature' individual with 'real life' responsibilities and maturity helped me handle the responsibilities better.

In summary responsibility is not determined by age. At 28 you could be very irresponsible than a 13 year old.
When you mature all round ie emotionally,physically,psychologicaly then your interests automatically change.
You let go off kiddish/teenage stuff and act your age.You take on responsibilities with maturity.

How do I know you are matured? I look at the things that interest you. Not your age!

so your question should be 'How to act mature at 28'. Then responsibilities fall under that title.
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by kodewrita(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2011
pendo89:

op trying am trying to understand this question of yours.

1.Responsibility is not about age.

At 10 yrs I could handle responsibility (ref.to domestics ie cleaning,cooking,washing etc) without supervision at all.
(thnk God 4 boarding).
But I was not mature so my interest around that age was playing kiddish games and everything a 10 yr old does.

But when I finished studying and got a job my interests and talk changed.
I developed a desire to want to improve myself and build my future not waste time partying with friends.
I was no longer a 'responsible kid' but a 'mature' individual with 'real life' responsibilities and maturity helped me handle the responsibilities better.

In summary responsibility is not determined by age. At 28 you could be very irresponsible than a 13 year old.
When you mature all round ie emotionally,physically,psychologicaly then your interests automatically change.
You let go off kiddish/teenage stuff and act your age.You take on responsibilities with maturity.

How do I know you are matured? I look at the things that interest you. Not your age!

so your question should be 'How to act mature at 28'. Then responsibilities fall under that title.

Guess am not allowed to repeat my p____sal.
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by pendo89(f): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2011
kodewrita:

Guess am not allowed to repeat my p____sal.
I must admmit I am not good at guess work.
I however agree with most of ur points up there.
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2011
Naijalife:

what will be the height of responsiblity for you

being able to pay your bills, feed and clothe yourself, care for your kids wellbeing (if any)

at what AGE do you start being responsible?

as soon as you leave your parents house to live on your own. . . . . . . . . . .and survive!

at what age do you stop clubbing all week long, stop acting childish and start building towards a promising future?

what does clubbing all week has to do with RESPONSIBILITY?!
what does acting childish has to do with RESPONSIBILITY?!
what does building towards the future has to do with RESPONSIBILITY?!
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by Mynd44: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2011
^^^
So true
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by tpia6: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
/
Re: how to be responsible at 28 by Goldieluks: 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
that periodical disease of rooting out old threads again.
oh well!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Memoirs Of : Handell / He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? / Do Girls Give Their Number To Keep Their Phones Busy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.