Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner (2564 Views)

Why You Should Never Tolerate A Cheating Partner / 7 Easy Ways Of Identifying A Cheating Partner / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by judesuper(f): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2015
6 tips on How to Handle a Cheating Partner_People cheat on their partners for a wide variety of reasons. But regardless of the reason, unfaithfulness is hurtful and it can create a permanent rift between two people. If your partner has cheated and has expressed remorse for what he or she has done, then you may need to take certain steps to move forward in the relationship. Keep reading to learn how to handle a cheating partner.
Understand the nature of your partner’s cheating.People cheat for many different reasons and it is not always about s*x. Sometime people cheat because they are seeking an emotional connection, trying to deal with a loss or crisis, or seeking an escape.
*.Do not assume that your partner’s cheating was all about s*x. Find out why he or she cheated before you move forward. Try telling your partner, "I need to know why you cheated and who it was. Please be honest with me and tell me what happened."
Request that your partner cut off all communication with the third party.In order to reestablish trust, you need to be certain that the third party is out of the picture. That means asking your partner to break all ties with the person. This severing may be difficult if the third party is a coworker or someone else that your partner sees on a daily basis. It may even be necessary for your partner to seek a new job in order to make sure that there will be no further contact between the two.
*.If your partner is unwilling to cut off contact with the third party, it may be a sign that he or she is unwilling to stop cheating. In this case, you may not be able to repair the relationship.
*.If the third party continues to pursue your partner despite being cut off, you and your partner may want to pursue a restraining order to keep this person away from you both.
Communicate with your partner when you are ready.Learning that your partner has had an affair may cause you to experience a high level of emotional distress. In this case, you may need some time before you can talk to your partner about what happened. It is important to discuss the affair in order to move forward in your relationship, but don’t feel like you have to discuss the affair with your partner right away. Take your time and talk about it when you feel ready.
*.If your partner pressures you to talk, say something like, “I appreciate that you want to talk, but I am just too hurt right now to talk about what happened. Please show your love for me by giving me space and time.”
Set boundaries about relationships outside of your marriage.If you partner has cheated, it is more likely that he or she will cheat again. You can help your partner to stop an affair before it develops by establishing boundaries for relationships outside of your marriage. In other words, make sure that your partner understands what types of things are acceptable and what are not. You should also make sure that your partner knows not to disclose certain types of information to avoid having a friendship develop into an affair. [4]
*.For example, your partner should not talk to a work friend about you or your marital issues. You and your partner can work together to compile a list of topics that are acceptable as well as topics that are not acceptable for conversations with friends and coworkers.
Ask your partner to make his or her whereabouts known to you throughout the day.In order to reestablish trust, your partner will need to understand that he or she has lost your trust. For this reason, you will need to know where your partner is at all times. This may seem unfair to your partner, but it is necessary if he or she is committed to regaining your trust.
Talk about your partner’s cheating, but set limits.Schedule two 30 minute sessions each week to talk to your partner about his or her affair, rather than spreading the questions throughout the week. Don’t ask your partner to reveal things that will be too hurtful for you to hear, such as s*xual details.http://www.042african..in/2015/11/6-tips-on-how-to-handle-cheating-partner.html
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2015
Datz Cool
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Best way to handle a cheating partner; Break up with them. They are not worth your time.
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by HizMissy(f): 9:21am On Nov 24, 2015
I've got just one tip, end it.
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by naijaboiy: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2015
Still reading.
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by misspicy(f): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2015
Best way to handle a cheating partner.......

poison them cheesy
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 24, 2015
misspicy:
Best way to handle a cheating partner.......

poison them cheesy

shocked
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

shocked

In MJ's voice. "You get innn, way over your head, you only have yourself to blame cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

In MJ's voice. "You get innn, way over your head, you only have yourself to blame cheesy cheesy tongue

U see what she ll do to u if u cheat on her? Cos i see u r getting too close to punkyveer already undecided
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

U see what she ll do to u if u cheat on her? Cos i see u r getting too close to punkyveer already undecided

Face misspicy na. Getting tew close? We are just two lonely ppl trying to enjoy a cold day together. Please, don't ruin it. Go chop poison wen ur woman wan give you grin grin
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Face misspicy na. Getting tew close? We are just two lonely ppl trying to enjoy a cold day together. Please, don't ruin it. Go chop poison wen ur woman wan give you grin grin

undecided she wnt need it cos i cannot cheat on her. BTW, punky is taken tongue she has one yoloba boifwend already tongue tongue
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

undecided she wnt need it cos i cannot cheat on her. BTW, punky is taken tongue she has one yoloba boifwend already tongue tongue

Lol, you're so sleek.

Who is my yoloba boyfriend now? Sango? tongue
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

Let's see you come outta that alive tongue shocked Taken? The movie? tongue Hu is this yoloba boifwnd? C'mon na, nuh dey make my heart skip na embarassed
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Lol, you're so sleek.

Who is my yoloba boyfriend now? Sango? tongue

Not sango ooo. Obatala. Obatala is sangos cousin grin
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Let's see you come outta that alive tongue shocked Taken? The movie? tongue Hu is this yoloba boifwnd? C'mon na, nuh dey make my heart skip na embarassed

Calm down. All u need is to settle me grin grin grin
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by misspicy(f): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Face miss picy na. Getting tew close? We are just two lonely ppl trying to enjoy a cold day together. Please, don't ruin it. Go chop poison wen ur woman wan give you grin grin
exeption of catlova...he can cheat on me as much as he wants tongue
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by misspicy(f): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

she doesn't even know the meaning of sango...wicked boy grin
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

Calm down. All u need is to settle me grin grin grin

Help a brother

Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2015
misspicy:

exeption of catlova...he can cheat on me as much as he wants tongue

Hmph. You thinkin' he's gon fall for this after all you wrote about our tribe abi?
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Help a brother

shocked are u trying to bribe me
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Hmph. You thinkin' he's gon fall for this after all you wrote about our tribe abi?

Every tribe has its bad ppl. Mayb u r one of the bad yolobas but im trying to redeem the yoloba ppls image already cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by misspicy(f): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

what i wrote about the tribe is no lies or spiteful comments please,am just sayin the obvious....besides i never stopped anyone from going for what they want even if its d tribe tongue....i wouldn't mind myself as long as i can cope with it....or what do u think?
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

What does he do? tongue

Sango & I will have a relationship of convenience now. Being in his good graces means no more lightning phobia for me wink
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:

What does he do? tongue

Sango & I will have a relationship of convenience now. Being in his good graces means no more lightning phobia for me wink

cheesy chai punky u must end up marrying a yoruba man ooo. i don dey groom u about our tradition and beliefs. grin

Obatala is the father of all Orishas
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 24, 2015
misspicy:

what i wrote about the tribe is no lies or spiteful comments please,am just sayin the obvious....besides i never stopped anyone from going for what they want even if its d tribe tongue....i wouldn't mind myself as long as i can cope with it....or what do u think?

No lies? The obvious? without a proof? Listen to yourself, swts. I don't know where you are from but i don't have noin against nobady and if i don't have noin against nobody, i ain't gon say shii against nobody. It's like saying the ever growing percentage of sluts make y'all sluts. We know there are good ones and the not so good ones. Tell me, what's your state of origin?
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

cheesy chai punky u must end up marrying a yoruba man ooo. i don dey groom u about our tradition and beliefs. grin

Obatala is the father of all Orishas

Just as long as he wont cheat tongue Hook a sista up with a fine broda grin
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

shocked are u trying to bribe me

Nah, it dropped from your front pocket ni wink
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yaaay. Thinking of a befitting sombori for u smiley
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Nah, it dropped from your front pocket ni wink
Hahahahaha u r veli veli kwarupt oooo
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

Hahahahaha u r veli veli kwarupt oooo

LMAO. oya fill me in on that matter na.
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Catlova, a dey here abegi cool
Re: 6 Tips On How To Handle A Cheating Partner by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2015
catlova:

Yaaay. Thinking of a befitting sombori for u smiley

Who is he? wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can Someone Do For You To Make You Fall Inlove Instantly / What A Lady's Role In A Relationship??? / EBUBEY Is A Theif!!! "Dating A Broke Guy" Is A Thread I Created Two Years Back!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.