Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border - Foreign Affairs (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border (71771 Views)

3 Patriot Missiles Fails To Bring Down Russian Made Drone / Breaking News: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet For Violating Its Airspace / Moscow Summons UK Attache Over Claims RAF Licensed To Down Russian Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

I believe Raptor's production was canceled due to the high cost of the aircraft (They funded it), a lack of clear air-to-air missions, delays in Russian and Chinese fighter programs, a ban on exports, and development of the lightning II $1.3 trillion project funded by US, Norway, Australia, Canada and some NATO members. Russia will finance the PAK-FA with the help of China and Assad (One of the reasons he's in Syria $$$$) because if there's anything Putin wants, it's the technology advancement of his military.
Did you know the F35 helmet costs a whooping $400,000? Wow!!

You are right, One of the reason why ban was placed on sales of Raptor is because America value that Hardware, as I see it, they even prefer to sell lightning to Natos than for them to sell that Raptor. And for Lightning, it is just an expensive metal which has come under heavy criticism. You can imagine a 5th generation jet that can't survive against growler, it didn't even win a dog fight with F-16. But I once read it somewhere that Lockheed are still developing the jet so it is not fully operational, who knows? F35 is a good idea but not a good project but if they can solve its major, it's gon' be the most advanced fighter jet.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by MrDude: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Russia will prolly shoot down any Turkish jet flying over Syrian airspace. Sergey Rudskoi already confirmed all targets representing a potential threat will be destroyed.

I doubt this will turn into a full-out war but if it does, I guess we should spend our remaining days grieving because no one will come out alive. Not even Putin or Obioma

*Mod*

LOL at the bolded Obioma grin grin

Exactly my thought. Russia has clearly stated that its bombing campaign will continue along Syria-Turkey border. Russia will probably shoot down couple of Turkish Jet, maybe blow a Turkish Ship, etc... One thing is sure though the consequences will be many for Turkey angry
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
You are right, One of the reason why ban was placed on sales of Raptor is because America value that Hardware, as I see it, they even prefer to sell lightning to Natos than for them to sell that Raptor. And for Lightning, it is just an expensive metal which has come under heavy criticism. You can imagine a 5th generation jet that can't survive against growler, it didn't even win a dog fight with F-16. But I once read it somewhere that Lockheed are still developing the jet so it is not fully operational, who knows? F35 is a good idea but not a good project but if they can solve its major, it's gon' be the most advanced fighter jet

They are not gonna sell the Raptor, They built just 195. The lightning was built by an aerospace industry team led by Lockheed Martin. The criticism is based on the fact that lockheed produced, designed and tested 'em all.

I read somewhere the amount spent makes it impossible to cancel. They will come through i believe. You know, i been thinking maybe they can make a 5th gen jet outta Warthog with upgrades. It'll make Moskova and Beijing shiver cheesy
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
MrDude:

LOL at the bolded Obioma grin grin

Exactly my thought. Russia has clearly stated that its bombing campaign will continue along Syria-Turkey border. Russia will probably shoot down couple of Turkish Jet, maybe blow a Turkish Ship, etc... One thing is sure though the consequences will be many for Turkey angry

grin There is more to Erdogan's actions. No one hits Russia in such manner. Let's see how it plays out.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

They are not gonna sell the Raptor, They built just 195. The lightning was built by an aerospace industry team led by Lockheed Martin. The criticism is based on the fact that lockheed produced, designed and tested 'em all.

I read somewhere the amount spent makes it impossible to cancel. They will come through i believe. You know, i been thinking maybe they can make a 5th gen jet outta Warthog with upgrades. It'll make Moskova and Beijing shiver cheesy
sure they will. Raptor also experienced some technical problems during its flight test
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
sure they will. Raptor also experienced some technical problems during its flight test

No doubt. 2016 is gonna be very interesting smiley or not angry
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
Stop arguing about stealth tech here. See forget about anything stealthy. No high-end tech in stealth. F22 doesn't rely on Stealth but has [b]Passive radar systems also referred to as passive coherent location and passive covert radar encompass a class of radar systems that detect and track objects by processing reflections from non-cooperative
sources of illumination in the environment, such as commercial broadcast and communications signals.

Talk of Phased array on S-400? Yes growler has such radar but the range of S-400 radar is about 600km. I challenge you to post a link where it was said S-400 radar range is beyond 600km

lolzz, honestly you are funny. Well I only opened the first link whaic talks how America finks F22 is now obsolete when they are into production of SR-72 hypersonic jet and they intend to mount lasar weapon on all of their fighter jets. Maybe you should sit down and read the content of link again. Until you tell me any enemy's aircraft currently in operation that can match F22 then I would believe you. You even went ahead to post F35 link to me, lol

Yes F22 is a 5th generation jet that which carries 4th generation stealth capabiliy not 4th generation fighter jet capability- I am sure that you are a student and you can easily understand and differentiate between the two. The fourth generation stealth is being used in terms of grade. you need to understand how Stealth and radar technology work together.
For example, the stealth capabilty of SR-71 is not the same with F-117, and the stealthiness of F-117 is not as sophisticated as that of F-35 or even F22
grin you are so funny at times that i cant help laughing out loud. So now we should forget about the F22 stealth capability which your likes previously championed as the real deal, lol? What makes the F22 '' invisible '' at the first place? Okay, lets put that aside like you said. The main problem as I see it is that even assuming the F-22 was totally invisible at any distance, the weapons it uses are not, and can be dealt with and the Russians have many systems with optical backup.
Pantsir-S1 (deployed with S400) for instance can engage targets up to 15a0km altitude and has an optical guidance channel that could deal with an F-22, and three other radar channels that could deal with weapons released by the F-22.
If a flight of four F-22s tried to engage a target protected by a battery of 6 Pantsir-S1s the SAMs would be able to engage 24 targets at a time, so even if all four aircraft released 5 weapons each, the battery would be able to deal with all the targets and the aircraft at once. The high speed of the missiles of the Pantsir-S1 system means that those targets would be rapidly engaged and a follow up engagement for another 24 targets would probably allow 2-3 engagements before any weapons from the F-22s could reach their targets... which means they probably wont.
Clearly one flight of 4 F-22s is not good enough in this case, so more would be needed.
Odds are there will be more Pantsir-S1 batteries than there will be F-22s.

And when it comes to ups and downs triffles between the big boys in real action, there aren't many things the S-400 needs to protect that are more than 600km across (of which i expect people like you to know to be just the official declared range).
Long wave radar should be able to detect it at much greater ranges and would be accurate enough in terms of tracking to direct a large number of fighters towards any F-22s in Russian airspace.
Note any F-22s would need to operate without support aircraft like tankers and Awacs as they would be easy kills.
This limits range and operational performance of the F-22s.
Every SDB they carry is one less AMRAAM the local fighter defences have to deal with, and with modern pod based jammers and also ground based jammers I would think the F-22s would need as many as they could carry.

Regarding the deals, i was refering to the F35, that was why i posted a link to that effect, and it is interesting how you tacitly dodged the realisation that phased radars and increasingly wicked EWs and S+C capabilities continue to make stealth techs obsolete.

The F22 is more problematic than it's acclaimed glory. If it doesnt kill the pilot first, it cant engage in dogfights, cant climb, spend much like 72hours on the ground after a mission, etc, etc.

Some of the reasons the US is shelving conteneous production of these two stealth crafts are stated below.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1402064679

Now, which is one is 4th and 5th generational steahiness? grin did you remember you did mentioned 4th generational stealth fighter on this thread, or do i need to repost it here? I sincerely believe you made an error on this, just as you erroneously stated that the RAF shot down a Russian plane in Syria. We all do at times, so chill.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by telexfree1: 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
mazeltov:
I will also post it again, there was never a time Russia deployed growler. http://ibtimes.com/russia-denies-s-400-missile-system-operating-syria-suppurt-assad-regime2183632
stop spreading bloopa here, S-400's altitude is not beyond 400km and F-22 can supercruise at 450 nautical miles, approximately about 830km. Maybe you should step down from the throne of your foolishness and sip from my fountain of knowledge. LOCAL PIG

Lol. Fountain of knowledge indeed.

The highest altitude ever attained in a jet aircraft is 37. 65km set by test pilot Fedotov in a Mig 31 Foxhound.

When you reel off figures like 850km, do u realize some one might actually believe you ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
NairaMinted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/12013935/Who-are-the-Turkmen.html

[size=18pt]Who are the Turkmen that are reported to have killed two Russian pilots?[/size]
Downing of Russian jet throws spotlight on ethnic Turkish minority fighting with Syria's rebels

A Turkmen soldier with a machine gun is seen as taking aim in the Bayirbucak region in northern Latakia province of Syria Photo: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
By Louisa Loveluck and Richard Spencer4:20PM GMT 24 Nov 2015
The downing of a Russian fighter jet on Syria’s Mount Turkmen has thrown the spotlight on to its inhabitants, part of the broader Turkmen community that stretches across northern Syria and Iraq.
In Syria the Turkmen, who are linguistically and ethnically Turkish, live alongside Arabs and Kurds, but have mostly aligned with non-jihadist anti-Assad rebel groups.

They historically objected to the Arab nationalism of the Assad regime’s Baath party, which stressed assimilation to the Arab language and culture. In turn, the regime has frequently regarded them as a fifth column working in favour of Ankara.
Around a dozen Turkmen militias have formed, some directly supported by the Turkish government. It is one of these, Alwiya al-Ashar, that is reportedly holding one of Russia's downed pilots.

They have been fighting alongside other rebel groups, including the al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra[ and more moderate brigades, in Latakia province which runs to the sea along the Turkish border in the north-west.
In recent days, thousands of civilians have fled over the border, saying they feared Russian bombing raids in support of regime forces in the area. Another 5,000 arrived at a refugee camp at Arfali, on the Syrian side of the border.
According to the governor of the Turkish province of Hatay, Ercan Topaca, 28 civilians arrived injured and one died in hospital.
The clash that led to the downing of the Russian jet today may be connected to that fighting.
Alwiya al-Ashar is linked to a Turkish and CIA-backed logistics supply programme that funnels a near-constant stream of small arms, ammunition, and cash for salaries to rebel groups across northern Syria.
Irrelevant quote ever. Stop using hallucinogen, my friend!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
NairaMinted:

Moderates you say? Ok na!

Explain this then:

"We’re talking four or five."Some laughably candid figures provided by the head of US Central Command General Lloyd Austin September 2015, to the US Senate’s Armed Forces Committee when asked how many US-trained moderate fighters are operating in Syria
What evidence have you to prove all moderate rebels are trained by almighty USA? You haven't been able to make sense for once in any of your posts yet you are here to defend Russia And the Russian Ayatollah, Putin!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Emzyme:
All4naija u deh crase ooo
He shld jst leave his seat jst lyk dat
Wetin obama still deh do for seat ...no b pple deh protest since
Abi those jailed in saudi for protesting nko
Erdogan weh kurds don deh fight since nko
Buhari weh biafra deh protest against nko...
Learn how to think na...
Stupidity wasnt meant for you alone...haha

Nd for all of ya celebrating turkey
May the blood of the lost pilots doing their duty to protect us from the even ISIL Be upon your head and those of your Children....Amen
Seriously, I have no complete idea of what you are talking about in this post.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Emzyme:

Do u have a brain
So a country dat executed people in the mist babaric way is ok
Foolishness should b ur second name
Its pple lyk you that has kept the world the way it is
Go to youtube and see videos of executions of both saudi and the fsa rats
Receive sense please
So monarchy is good in saudi ba.....ur level of stupidity amazes even d turkish president erdogan
Yes, I do have a brain. I know it is better than yours, an empty head indeed! Nevertheless, I am not supporting Saudi Arabia and its dangerous and primitive laws. I look forward to the day there would be great reforms for that country and return to democracy. Despite that they have a constitution based on that archaic beheading of people who commit crime and the same can be said of Iran. There is no reason, whatsoever, to use that to justify the war in Syria. The large part of the people ask for almighty USA help while Assad refuses to change because he is dictatorial and ignoring the international demands according to what the people want.

You are the blockhead here, dude!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tkester:
Im a pig, and I crave for stupidity. I'm always feeling funky. Bi.t.ch
Oh,please...! Give it up! You ghetto c**k sucker! angry angry angry cry
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Tkester: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
all4naija:

my name is all4naija, I'm a son of a crack LovePeddler and I delight in sucking my sisters punny.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tkester:
my name is all4naija, I'm a son of a crack LovePeddler and I delight in sucking my sisters punny.
[/i]
It is like your parents incest you all the time. The family of inbreeds!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
I am always busy so don't expect quick reply from me - and I don't have enough space to fully enlighten you but I will try and touch every point you've made.
Appleyard:
The main problem as I see it is that even assuming the F-22 was totally invisible at any distance, the weapons it uses are not, and can be dealt with and the Russians have many systems with optical backup.
Lwkmd!! You are damn funny!! Optical back up for Under bay missile carrier system which is used to conceal Radar homing missile and protect/reduce heat-induced missiles on Raptor ? With AN/APG series, a multifunctional interception radar and a solid state active electronically scanned Array (AESA) radar which compose transmission and receiving of modules ejected from phased array radar on SAM is installed on Raptor, it can make instanteneous beam stearing in an order of tens of nanoseconds and can perform MTI (Moving Threat Information) as ground target moves with respect to stationary clutter. Or you want to use you optical guidance for a Synthetic Aperture Radar which is a radar installed to magnify ground objects. Need I remind you that Raptor is also equipped with AN/ALR-99 which provides sustainability awaremess of the ground radar threat which includes fasr scanning superhet receivee, superhet controller and analyses processor.

Appleyard:
Pantsir-S1 (deployed with S400) for instance can engage targets up to 15a0km altitude and has an optical guidance channel that could deal with an F-22, and three other radar channels that could deal with weapons released by the F-22. If a flight of four F-22s tried to engage a target protected by a battery of 6 Pantsir-S1s the SAMs would be able to engage 24 targets at a time, so even if all four aircraft released 5 weapons each, the battery would be able to deal with all the targets and the aircraft at once. The high speed of the missiles of the Pantsir-S1 system means that those targets would be rapidly engaged and a follow up engagement for another 24 targets would probably allow 2-3 engagements before any weapons from the F-22s could reach their targets...
discarded!! Now listen attentively - Pantsir' detection range is 30km and tracking Range is 24km, missile range of 20km and Pantsir is a short range SAM which uses 2 stages solid fuel rocket motors and its max speed is 1000m/s(mach3) http://www.army-technology.com/projects/Pantsyr/ stop typing what you know nothing about - Short range SAM can never attain 1500km as you have claimed, please make researches before commenting. Pantsir can only engage low flying object/missile moving within its range, it can never shot Raptor read this and enmacipate yourself from the illusion of Pantsir http://www.military-today.com/missile/Pantsyr.htm and don't reply me until you read the contents of the links please.
Appleyard:
Note any F-22s would need to operate without support aircraft like tankers and Awacs as they would be easy kills.
Yes you are right on this , the higher the weight the lower the distance. That's why countries use to deploy jets in their base around the world so that it will be easier to strike any target. You don't expect Russia to fly a jet from Ukraine to Nigeria when they have Carrier that can deploy them. Understood?

Appleyard:
modern pod based jammers and also ground based jammers I would think the F-22s would need as many as they could carry
No!! Point of correction. Loaded weapons has nothing to do with jamming and you can only jam a system that has no countermeasure. A jet like Raptor uses Supression of Enemy Air Defence (SEAD) weapon and this makes it off jamming. You need to catch up on jamming system.

Appleyard:
Regarding the deals, i was refering to the F35, that was why i posted a link to that effect, and it is interesting how you tacitly dodge
dodge? Lol. Listen, I don't engage in a crossed argument. If you want me to enlighten you no F-35 then tell me. If you want us to argue about F-35, then tell me

Appleyard:
it cant engage in dogfights, cant climb, spend much like 72hours on the ground after a mission, etc, etc.
raptor can't dogfight? A supersonic jet can't climb? I give up on you.

Appleyard:
Some of the reasons the US is shelving conteneous production of these two stealth crafts are stated below.
Now, which is one is 4th and 5th generational steahiness?
I have enlightened you on this in the morning. Go back to the post and re-educate yourself.
Appleyard:
I sincerely believe you made an error on this, just as you erroneously stated that the RAF shot down a Russian plane in Syria. We all do at times, so chill.
Yes I made an error, I wanted to type how American shot Russian MIGs 15, it was a typo err.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Tkester: 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
all4naija:

i am a product of incest, and I've an infectious disease. I can't stop being a bleeping crack.head
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Emzyme:

Do u have a brain
So a country dat executed people in the mist babaric way is ok
Foolishness should b ur second name
Its pple lyk you that has kept the world the way it is
Go to youtube and see videos of executions of both saudi and the fsa rats
Receive sense please
So monarchy is good in saudi ba.....ur level of stupidity amazes even d turkish president erdogan
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Emzyme:
All4naija u deh crase ooo
He shld jst leave his seat jst lyk dat
Wetin obama still deh do for seat ...no b pple deh protest since
Abi those jailed in saudi for protesting nko
Erdogan weh kurds don deh fight since nko
Buhari weh biafra deh protest against nko...
Learn how to think na...
Stupidity wasnt meant for you alone...haha

Nd for all of ya celebrating turkey
May the blood of the lost pilots doing their duty to protect us from the even ISIL Be upon your head and those of your Children....Amen
Ameeeeeeennnnnn!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
NairaMinted:
Turkish intelligence chief: ISIS is a reality and we must stop Putin from crushing the Islamic revolution

November 24, 2015

AWD News

Posted October 18, 2015

Turkish intelligence chief: Putin's intervention in Syria is against Islam and international law, ISIS is a reality and we are optimistic about the future

Ankara--- Hakan Fidan, the head of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known by the MİT acronym, has drawn a lot of attention and criticism for his controversial comments about ISIS.

Mr. Hakan Fidan, Turkish President's staunchest ally, condemned Russian military intervention in Syria, accusing Moscow of trying to 'smother' Syria's Islamist revolution and serious breach of United Nations law.

“ISIS is a reality and we have to accept that we cannot eradicate a well-organized and popular establishment such as the Islamic State; therefore I urge my western colleagues to revise their mindset about Islamic political currents, put aside their cynical mentalité and thwart Vladimir Putin's plans to crush Syrian Islamist revolutionaries,” - Anadolu News Agency quoted Mr. Fidan as saying on Sunday.

Fidan further added that in order to deal with the vast number of foreign Jihadists craving to travel to Syria, it is imperative that ISIS must set up a consulate or at least a political office in Istanbul. He underlined that it is Turkey’s firm belief to provide medical care for all injured people fleeing Russian ruthless airstrikes regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

Recently as the fierce clashes between Russian army and ISIS terrorists are raging across the war-torn Syria, countless number of ISIS injured fighters enter the Turkish territory and are being admitted in the military hospitals namely those in Hatay Province. Over the last few days, the Syrian army with the support of Russian air cover could fend off ISIS forces in strategic provinces of Homs and Hama.

Emile Hokayem, a Washington-based Middle East analyst said that Turkey's Erdoğan and his oil-rich Arab allies have dual agendas in the war on terror and as a matter of fact they are supplying the Islamist militants with weapons and money, thus Russian intervention is considered a devastating setback for their efforts to overthrow Syrian secular President Assad.

Hokayem who was speaking via Skype from Washington, D.C. highlighted the danger of Turkish-backed terrorist groups and added that what is happening in Syria cannot be categorized as a genuine and popular revolution against dictatorship but rather it is a chaos orchestrated by Erdoğan who is dreaming to revive this ancestor's infamous Ottoman Empire.

Wiki: In 2014, voice recordings, where Hakan Fidan, foreign minister Davutoğlu, Deputy Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen. Yasar Güler, and other military personnel discusses a potential false flag incursion into Syria, was leaked to YouTube and shared across Twitter. The event resulted in the Turkish government blocking access to Twitter, then YouTube, and finally the DNS servers of Google DNS and OpenDNS.[10] In the voice recording, he is heard saying, to a military personnel, "... [i]f legitimacy [of a possible incursion into Syria] is an issue, I can simply send a few men there [across the Syria-Turkey border] and have them launch missiles over to us. Legitimacy is not a problem. Legitimacy can be manufactured." Seymour Hersh later linked what was said in this leaked meeting with CIA-Erdoğan dealings on Syria
It is only a terrorist sympathiser that doesnt accept that the Turkish govt is a terrorist sponsoring govt.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
telexfree1:

Lol. Fountain of knowledge indeed.

The highest altitude ever attained in a jet aircraft is 376.5km set by test pilot Fedotov in a Mig 31 Foxhound.

When you reel off figures like 850km, do u realize some one might actually believe you ?

Really grin grin grin
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Appleyard(m): 1:57am On Nov 26, 2015
mazeltov:
I am always busy so don't expect quick reply from me - and I don't have enough space to fully enlighten you but I will try and touch every point you've made.

discarded!! Now listen attentively - Pantsir' detection range is 30km and tracking Range is 24km, missile range of 20km and Pantsir is a short range SAM which uses 2 stages solid fuel rocket motors and its max speed is 1000m/s(mach3) http://www.army-technology.com/projects/Pantsyr/ stop typing what you know nothing about - Short range SAM can never attain 1500km as you have claimed, please make researches before commenting. Pantsir can only engage low flying object/missile moving within its range,
Yes you are right on this , the higher the weight the lower the distance. That's why countries use to deploy jets in their base around the world so that it will be easier to strike any target. You don't expect Russia to fly a jet from Ukraine to Nigeria when they have Carrier that can deploy them. Understood?

No!! Point of correction. Loaded weapons has nothing to do with jamming and you can only jam a system that has no countermeasure. A jet like Raptor uses Supression of Enemy Air Defence (SEAD) weapon and this makes it off jamming. You need to catch up on jamming system.

dodge? Lol. Listen, I don't engage in a crossed argument. If you want me to enlighten you no F-35

I have enlightened you on this in the morning. Go back to the post and re-educate yourself.

Yes I made an error, I wanted to type how American shot Russian MIGs 15, it was a typo err.

I take no pleasure in ranting...

The Truth About the Useless F-35 & F-22

The Truth Revealed by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Air Force (USAF), the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and the US RAND Corporation Research ANd Development, US and Australia Pacific Vision data.
The exercise PACAFs Pacific Vision on sept 25/08 revealed the United States air superiority is just a fantasy. The exercise was consisted of face the Red Team one hundred Su-27SM, four Su-30 and two Su-35 against Blue Team one hundred F-35, one hundred eighty seven F-22 and four hundred F/A-18E/F. The exercise showed the blue team higher in number of aircraft is double inferior when hundreds of Blue Forces aircraft were lost in the first 20 minutes downed by the Red Forces., on the other hand only 12 aircraft was downed in the Red
Team.
Pacific Vision effect the production of the F-22 was canceled and the F-35 project not longer receives investment all since 2008 by Barack Hussein Obama II and Robert Michael Gates. grin

Watch why F-22 is canceled in the next link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5jAx...

Watch After the cancellation of the F-22 the few remaining units still cause frustration in the USAF in the next link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnR09...

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=7ad_1402064679

Lockhead Martins will produce the plane, only them will test them in a predetermined expected results, until the above shock them that matters. grin

And Not everyone is taking the crap propaganda. The left-wing CDI believes the F-22’s performance will be subpar, though having seen their circulated presentations, DID believes their arguments as presented contain a number of important holes as well as some valid points. F-16 program analyst Pierre Sprey and author James Stevenson argued that the F-22’s fuel:weight ratio, wing loading, and acceleration are inferior to existing fighters. They stated that peacetime exercises are designed with predetermined outcomes in mind and can’t be relied on, and question the lethality of air-air missiles based on their war record. Sprey and Stevenson also question the F-22’s stealth on the grounds that its own radar will give it away when used, adding that the unreliability of IFF (Identification, Friend or Foe) has generally meant that combats are fought at close ranges where stealth is largely negated. They contend that numbers, acceleration, fast changes in energy state, and a 360 degree cockpit view count for more in such situations – and find the F-22 wanting on all counts.

As if not enough, none of its internally-carried strike weapons are powered, and radar-killing missiles like the AGM-88 HARM/AARGM aren’t even on the drawing board as options for review. Important additions like wider field side-looking radar arrays and helmet-mounted sights will not appear until and unless upgrades are funded beyond Increment 3.2.

So much for your enlightenment. grin

On Pantsil and S400, they are integrated systems, with the formal meant to take care of the plane's fired weapons, while the latter's duty is the plane itself. And you are still struggling to come to terms with their official declared range to their actual range, ditto the Kalibr. I see.. grin

It cant be shot down just like they said in Serbia, and i wondered were you got that 850km altitude from.

Argt. its well bro. Cya

1 Like

Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Empiree: 2:45am On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by HomoDroid(m): 6:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Why is everyone focused on Jet fighters and nuclear bombs?

Modern wars are not won that way! The instruments of modern warfare include the propaganda, tactics, strategy, ICT cum intelligence, economics, ideology, partnerships, politics, etc. Critical factors such as timing, speed, surprise and positioning (the theater) play a great role in determining the outcome of modern wars. That's why it's always so difficult to per-determine the outcome and also why it is advisable to avoid warfare at all cost!

The weapons are merely tools of the trade, and remember 'a lazy workman quarrels with his tools!' There are many fear weapons out there, which will play the surprise role in a full blown warfare (where all is fair...). Such tools as weaponized chemicals and biologicals will show up, as well as the latest EMR -Electro-Magnetic Radiation, which can render the most potent aircraft, seacraft, command centre, etc virtually useless. It will fry all eletrical-electronic components and render them useless in seconds - imaging that game-changing scenario!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Can't belive that I would wake up this morning and read this little piece of junk
Appleyard:
F-16 program analyst Pierre Sprey and author James Stevenson argued that the F-22’s fuel:weight ratio, wing loading, and acceleration are inferior to existing fighters.
CRAP!!!. I'm highly disappointed in you, I can't believe that you could search through net and uplift some information just to justify your claims and ignore some others because you knew it would expose you. Quoting from the same source...

1 Why did you skip where it was said - RAPTOR HAS EMBEDED SENSOR/FUSION which gives pilot focus on dealing with enemy rather than dealing with the aircraft- Raptor has multiple sensors and information-sharing links show on multiple display that often requires button pressing to switch back & forth, its central integrated processors offer the equivalent of 2 supercomputers used for sensor fusion that aims to put all the information plane is gathering into one simple display- a display departure embeds passive sensors for various wavelenght all around the plane's structure and this greatly improves first detection ability even with its radar off and combination of sensors means Raptor pilots are almost certain to know enemies' location long before the reverse.

2. Did you skip where it was said Raptor is All Aspect Stealth and has a very good radar profile from front. Yes stealth is not total invisibility but merely shortens the range at which jet can be detected on ground/air and makes radar lock for engagement harder to target. Raptor's stealth level shortens those ranges from all enemy positions with VHF radar and guess what? S-400 uses VHF!!. Stealthiness makes Raptor very slippery and able to engage/disengage from combat much more easily than previous radar-age fighter and that is especially important during an attack against most sophisticated SAM like S-400

3. Did you see where they discussed about Raptor's Agile-Beam AESA Radar - Turning on radar can be like turning on a flash light because radar emtis modules/signals and it can be seen farther. With the installation of AN/APG-77 Radar which uses hard-to-detect agiles frequency beam that are very hard for enemies to see. Active electeonically scanned Array 'AESA' radar kills everything due to their improved reliability, power and flexibility

4. You forgot to read Raptor Supercruise Ability - it can fly above Mach1 without using afterburner. Most of the jets stay below Mach1 for vast majority of their service lives. Raptor's 2 Pratt & Whitney F119 engines offers 35,000 pound of thrust each. Raptor's ability to supercruise at mach 1.5+ without using fuel-guzzling afterburner. Today, Raptor is the only operational aircraft in the world capable of consistent supercruiseling while carrying a full loads of weapons. Eurotyphoon comes closer with Mach1.2 while flying.

5. You intentionally overlooked where they analysed - - SAM like Pantsir and S-400 are extending their ranges to hundreds of kilometer and their missiles performance makes it dangerous for stealth/non-stealth jet to challenge. Fortunately their position are more fixed than aerial opponents- Raptors' detection ranges from any angle and this can create gaps in enemy's radar coverage and this is helpful when Raptor is trying to leave danger zone. A hyper-spectral suite of embeded sensor helps Raptor to map and exploit coverage gaps and supercruise reduce detection range, the hope of this will allow Raptor to get close enough to launch its own unpowered weapons first before the enemy. An AN/APG-77 radar with future software upgrades will provide final stage jamming of enemy's radar

http://www.defenseindustry.com/f-22-raptor-capabilities-and-contoveries-019069/

Appleyard:
So much for your enlightenment. On Pantsil and S400, they are integrated systems, and i wondered were you got that 850km altitude from.
Is that the best you can offer? Now listen. Pantsyr was firstly unveiled in MAKS air show in Zhvkosvsky near Mosvow in 1995 and it is a defensive missile-gun systrm designed to protect vital and small military areas and land force unit and protection against precision-guided air attact from low and extreme low altitudes - it has 12 surface to air 57E6 guided missiles and 2 2A38M 30 mm- gun with multi range radar capability of detecting aerial target of up to 2-3 sq and at distance range of mora than 30km and tracking range of about 24km

http://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_missile_system_vehicle_uk/pantsir-pantsyr_s1_sa-22_greyhound_air_defense_missile_gun_system_technical_data_sheet_specification.html
Please tell me, where did you see 1500km for Pantsyr? No matter how long, I won't be tired of rendering free military tutelages to enhance your understanding & I'm wiating for more junks from u
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Putin if you are not ready to play dirty then leave the battle field. China won't take such rubbish...Putin is weak!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2015
Until you wake up to reality on ground and remove the (Russian's spectacle) of prejudicatin from your eyes and be evenminded, then you will understand that you have long lost in the tunnel of Illusion
Please search through the net very well and I am looking forward to reading more of your junks from INTERNET, but I can boldly assure you that I won't be tired of enlightening you no matter how long it takes. I will let you understand that neither Russia nor America has no super weapon.
. See you later in the evening time bro.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

grin There is more to Erdogan's actions. No one hits Russia in such manner. Let's see how it plays out.
Oh, yeah! Rag tags in Afghanistan did long time ago, downing some Russian fighter jets without grave consequences. Please, stop peddling your childish blabs here.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by mazeltov(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2015
ayodele234:
Putin if you are not ready to play dirty then leave the battle field. China won't take such rubbish...Putin is weak!
Putin is not weak, he is simply tactical. Only that some invisible hands from the west like America and its Nato allies are undermining Putin's effort in combating terrorism. Give credit to Russia and Putin at least for trying to stabilise the peace in the world. SayNoToTerrorism.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2015
HomoDroid:
Why is everyone focused on Jet fighters and nuclear bombs?

Modern wars are not won that way! The instruments of modern warfare include the propaganda, tactics, strategy, ICT cum intelligence, economics, ideology, partnerships, politics, etc. Critical factors such as timing, speed, surprise and positioning (the theater) play a great role in determining the outcome of modern wars. That's why it's always so difficult to per-determine the outcome and also why it is advisable to avoid warfare at all cost!

The weapons are merely tools of the trade, and remember 'a lazy workman quarrels with his tools!' There are many fear weapons out there, which will play the surprise role in a full blown warfare (where all is fair...). Such tools as weaponized chemicals and biologicals will show up, as well as the latest EMR -Electro-Magnetic Radiation, which can render the most potent aircraft, seacraft, command centre, etc virtually useless. It will fry all eletrical-electronic components and render them useless in seconds - imaging that game-changing scenario!

You nailed it and you are one smart individual too. Most ignorant people here wouldn't want to see that other side of the battle only want to talk about Putin's arrogance and display of super-cool weaponry. I got a bottle of Budweiser for you for that intelligent post, dude!
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2015
mazeltov:
Putin is not weak, he is simply tactical. Only that some invisible hands from the west like America and its Nato allies are undermining Putin's effort in combating terrorism. Give credit to Russia and Putin at least for trying to stabilise the peace in the world. SayNoToTerrorism.
He is not there to fight terrors he is there for Russian interest. Those bombing are publicity stunts! If you think Russians are in Syria to end terror you are joking and you don't know much about terrorism. They couldn't do that in Afghanistan when terrors were not that sophisticated and you expect them to be able to do it now. Fighting terrorism is not all about bombing. Even almighty USA tried that without success in Iraq, Afghanistan and presently in Syria. The most obvious fact is that Putin is in Syria to save Al Assad face and keep him in power for its own gain.
Re: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2015
Tkester:
i am a product of Inbreeding, and I've an infectious disease. I can't stop being a bleeping crack.head
Good for you, c**k sucker! angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.