Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply (21794 Views)

Customers To Enjoy More Power Supply As IE Upgrades Ogudu Injection Substation / 2016/2017 Nigerian Army Regular Recruitment Intake Form (76 Rri) Is Out / What Is With Phcn Crazy Bills Brought Every Month To Ikorodu Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by October1960: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Those iidiots hit me with a service charge of 30k last month and I was mad but I've got no choice than to pay because they will continue to deduct it from your normal recharge until the service charge is completely paid for.
I'm planning on buying a solar panel and mount it on the roof to generate my own power, I have given up on Nigeria.

My brother well said. A family member installed small solar that powers all their lighting points, watch TV, charge laptops and mobile.

They use small gen to pump water once or twice a week.

They disconnect NEPA or PHCN or whatever their name is. Cased closed.

3 Likes

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by yjgm(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
AEDC is the worst. In my apartment of three bedroom flat where I live with my mum, wife and a kid, I ve been having a running issue with this people for some time. First, I didn't have a meter, and was on estimated billing, it was above 10k and I had to get an analog meter cos the prepaid isn't available. At first with the meter in place, it was quite Ok as it reduced my billing amount. But later, I discovered they only come to take the reading but don't actually use it. I have been to their office on numerous times to no avail. Now my bill is around 10k even when I have paid for the prepaid meter and still haven't seen it. Am short of options. If the meter's reading is 1200, you will see on the bill 1500. I will be the one to bear the burden of the difference. All this in minna. Abuja Electricity Distribution Company is a sham!
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by sabi99(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
Walkopet:
End time crazy bill been served by endtime Nepa staff in an end time country and d news is been finally broadcasted and posted by an end time nairalander, so dat end time spacebookers can make deir end time comment undecided.
God fit dey use u in disguise to tell pple say end time don near but 4 ur mind u go think say u dey use am 4 a joke, and truly end time is almost der
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by megaik: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
THEY ARE REALLY THE WORST.
samnificent:
PHEDC IS DE WORST
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by sabi99(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Go for solar then
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Sike(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Walkopet:
End time crazy bill been served by endtime Nepa staff in an end time country and d news is been finally broadcasted and posted by an end time nairalander, so dat end time spacebookers can make deir end time comment undecided.
God bless Ur End Time Brain.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by masseratti: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Very funny, my bill is 287000, i was billed 21k for last month,me neighbour who is in the UK for the past two months was billed 11k,a flat where no one is staying, av written a petition to IKEDC to rectify the issue, if you can't read my meter please don't give me estimated bill.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by bishop4life(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Almightytime:
Do you have a meter,always follow their readings

As if you don't know our power managers don't give out meters anymore?
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
But apc apologists are saying power supply has become regular.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by viktor01(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ridiculous, how can someone be paying 20k as light bill for a month when minimum wage is 18k and the thieves are even contemplating bringing it to 10k?

END TIME PHCN AND POLITICIANS
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Sconty09(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ferraricash:
Lalasticlal.a, You better place this on a front page bro.. It's so surprising on what we pay on electric supplies that doesn't stay for even 4hrs in sango and environs likewise some places in lagos state, Nigeria in general. I was billed for August with just 6k plus with an outstanding bill of 4k plus, the charges for that month of August was just 1k plus which is still fair with the rate of power supply in that environs, this morning I placed a call to the number placed on the Bill which was different from former number of the lady who was in charge of the bill, to my surprise I realize this silly man was only placing bill to each houses without considering the fact that there was no power supply for almost a month, my bill rose from 4k balance after I paid 2k on the August bill of 6k plus to 19k, and the man was telling me that he's new to the system and he will look into it but I should arrange some money for him when he will be coming to my environs, it's obvious this guy is enriching his pocket.. Abeg who is looking into this dubious and fraudulent act of some IBEDC workers

We are the change and must be change we want and desire my brother. Try to get his mobile contact,call him and records all your conversation with him,and his demand for bribe,put him on record. There re so many consumer right activists and organization or the commission complaint desk,report the case and reversal of your so called crazy bill. We need to report crimes and shame those who engaged in ripping us, they enjoy and take advantage of our silence. Nations are build by people attitudinal changes by forcing their leaders to listen and be responsible.

Having said that,Now it's clear to me that to have constant power supply we will have to pay more,I'm living here in Abu Dhabi,witj my family and i pay close to 55,000 naira(1000 dhriams) every month for my four bedroom apartment( electricity and water),the lowest i have paid is 30,000 for the last 5yrs and only once. No matter how long i live here i will have to move back to Nigeria,that's my plan insha Allah. My point is we can never have power supply 24hrs compared to advance countries with what we pay now, unless govt subsidies again at expense of other infrastructures just like fuel subsidy. If today i am the president of Nigeria,i will call for national referendum on subsidy and salaries of public workers to avoid backlash. Referendum to remove all subsidies and UN -leash infrastructural projects nationwide massively,like 8 lanes roads from the North-South and west -east with modern fast trail tracks,invest in power generation and transmission,internet penetration,using local materials for roads like bitumen, cements and award roads contracts to local and indigenous capable engineering companies,they have to learn to construct bridges and roads like bergers,buy equipment,let our civil and building engineering students get jobs and learn on the job by building roads and rail lines. These would be a ten years plan, for workers to bear with the govt lay off, closed down half of the ministries, integrates most jobs of the ministries on e-platforms, can you imagined having to travel from lagos to abuja for passport correction or attestation of your documents. Do you know thousands of public workers re redundant,graduate from universities or colleges and employ to sit and earn salary,even those in urban planning,agriculture,mineral resources,roads,works and housing should be on the fields or labs that enhance their knowledge and efficient service delivery. In ten years, more jobs from the massive infrastructure and laid off workers would fit into private companies instead of sitting in ministries. And the public we enjoy the good road network,massive housing would spread all over the country because of road access and ready for distribution power. Time spent in delivery of good and servioces will be minimal,farms can deliver faster and fresh to markets,Non oil economy would grow, No pain No gain,but the pain is just a shot time if we can bear and govt is sincere. In ten yrs,we will be a super power country. I'm not perfect, that's just my thoughts as i have seen work in many countries.
Thanks

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by blossom2(m): 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
I have a three phase prepaid meter for sale. I have packed out from where I was leaving before. My new place has a prepaid meter. If ur interested, u can contact me. 08066461243
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Ganjafama(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
samnificent:
PHEDC IS DE WORST
O boy na lie o ! Come to Warri, you'll know that BEDC is the worst Disco. Even as am posting this no light.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by LastSurvivor: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
Pidggin:
True, no light yet they always show up with ridiculous bills. I wonder if we are being asked to pay for sunlight.

U killed it bea.. I have such tots too but I feel we are paying for moonlight either grin
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
It's like you people don't know how ex gov fashola used multiple taxation to extort money from us in lagos.Yet,we didn't see the mega city he made a lot of noise about.Only mega looting of him we have been hearing.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by westergreen: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
I have a meter but they don't read it. They have never read it for once yet they bring whooping bills. I think we are paying for sunlight.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by latitidejavu: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Its unfortunate how helpless people sound. Have you heard of class action? Join hands with similar aggrieved neighbours, hire a good lawyer and sue the distribution company. Nigerians have a sickening helpless mentality. You are waiting for the 'authorities to please look into this'

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
They bring us 10k bills every month without even reading the meter. They don't do this in areas like mushin and similar places because they'll waylay them and threaten to pull the ladder away from them if they insist on disconnecting them. Some people even beat up some of the Nepa officials. If we keep accepting those estimated bills without even seeing the light,they'll keep doing it.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Pidggin(f): 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
LastSurvivor:

U killed it bea.. I have such tots too but I feel we are paying for moonlight either grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
latitidejavu:
Its unfortunate how helpless people sound. Have you heard of class action? Join hands with similar aggrieved neighbours, hire a good lawyer and sue the distribution company. Nigerians have a sickening helpless mentality. You are waiting for the 'authorities to please look into this'

They will never make the smallest sacrifice to bring their sufferings to an end. Asking government to look into your problems is akin to a zebra asking a hyena to be friendly with it.

Nigerians are indeed willingly helpless. Happily helpless.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by emmchi(m): 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
So funny that we are made to pay for darkness.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Temidayo9(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Me think say , you will go and buy Unit/token. What is bill? And what is crazy bills ? Pls go get prepaid meter and forget the crazy bill thin
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by doctokwus: 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Those iidiots hit me with a service charge of 30k last month and I was mad but I've got no choice than to pay because they will continue to deduct it from your normal recharge until the service charge is completely paid for.
I'm planning on buying a solar panel and mount it on the roof to generate my own power, I have given up on Nigeria.
U all shouting solar panel, I don't bliv u guys know that even a 6 battery solar set up that wud cost u about 250k cannot carry your pressing iron, freezer and anyother high power generating apparatus.If u insist on using anyone of them u system runs out within months.
There cannot be a substitute for phcn generated power to carry out all needs.
What shd be done by all is to massive protest the crazy bills issue and if they persist the private discos shud be made to shut down,they lose revenue too in the process.
Even the service charge on the prepaid metre is an aberration.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
UNA NO KNW SAY NEPA DE USE GEN POWER LYT ABI

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by zebebe: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
it is crazy bill!!!. they brought is to me recently and i sent somebody to them and the so call manager was saying nonsense and customer unfriendly. i want to go there myself if have the chance and blast him of bad leadership.

the adigbe unit here in abeokuta that have bn billing me 3k/4/5 at worst now brought 13k for what? where there was no regular light.

i observed that they use unlearned guys to do this work of meter reading, they can not afford to employ full time staff. how can such a big organisation be using thug read and distribute bills?

this i want to show the manager anytime i visit him as one man protest

Buhari/fashola!!!!!!
Pls save us from this organization called PHCN
 “Outrageous bill, oppressive conduct of your staff,”
 “We need prepaid meters,”
 “If you cannot serve us, you should not exploit us,”
 “Adigbe area manager must be sacked”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Omo, that is not funny N30k, its worthy to invest N1m on Solar to empower ur house and forget these useless people
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
UNA NO KNW SAY NEPA DE USE GEN POWER LYT ABI undecided

1 Like

Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by gungab(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
the rate of Nigeria electricity bill is geometric progression
make government look into the matter. we need prepaid meter in abundance even if it's chinco
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by KeonBryce: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
The power supply went downhill as soon as they appointed a minister of power. The bills are really outrageous. In the past month we have not had light for up to 2 das in total yet the bill is at 5,000 naira... we pratically depended on inverter and generator thru out the month till this moment... now that fuel scarcity looms over the nation, life just tire me.
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Feranchek(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
oake:

A new Service Pre-paid Meter goes from between #25,000 to #50,000 depending on the type; single or double phase. Additional #10,000 goes to the Contractor that will do the installation. In all, you will have to cough out approximately #35,000 to N65,000 as the case may be. Prepaid Meter is the best way to go. Even Nepa abi PHCN staff, dem hate am, becos, e bi like TSA for their mind. grin

grin grin boss biko, you know any PURE pesin wey fit help
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by possibilita(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
na xo we see am oh,imagine a single store was charged 10k while a hair dressing saloon was charged 7k and to make matters worse we no dey see light till 10pm to 5am evryday. Abi d perfume wey PMB use 4 him body odour don finish?
Re: Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply by Chuksgeo: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
EEDC is even worse, come to the East and see bills, one month na 12k the next na 26k the next na 16k as like say we dey use the power even when we comot house, shiiiiit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Mentally Unstable Woman On Abeokuta Expressway / The New Kaduna City. / The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.