Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215493 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
I am sorry I will take a break for now because my mb is almost exhausted. I will continue when I have fully subscribed. I too cannot wait to tell the remaining part of the story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Trustworthiness: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
You made me to shed tears. Good write up and thanks for sharing.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by demolinka(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
At this juncture in this story, permit me to say: *The time is quarter past two, k'awon **** wole*
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by HastaCuando(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Wonderful write up. Good narrator.. Waiting for the rest... The suspense is killing.......
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by femora007(m): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
another dimension
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
I am sorry I will take a break for now because my mb is almost exhausted. I will continue when I have fully subscribed. I too cannot wait to tell the remaining part of the story.

You can type your posts OFFLINE and switch on your data just for direct posting.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Datsme: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
I feel you, well done.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by durasome(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Ten minutes after the class ended and i exclaimed silently to myself
'thank God!
But I didnt know it was not as silent enough for the young man sitting next to me not to hear and then he said immediately
'guess you didn't enjoy this class just as I did not'
With a smile on his handsome face (mind you I didn't see him as handsome at that time because the hunger had blurred my vision and affect my reasoning to some extent).
Then I replied with
'yeah, you are right'
I wanted to say more, tell him the lecturer was good, that the class was interesting even if it was painfully long as I could see some students standing, with relief written all over them, but I could say no more because I was scared my head was going to burst open as I was still feeling the migraine and this time worse.
'... and i have been admiring you for some days now and I would really like to know you better because you seem to me like the kind of girl I would love to be friends with.. '
He has been talking and i wasn't listening but at least I heard some of the things he said.
Then I thought, oh well, why don't I just see this as an opportunity and then I told him I wanted to rush home and have lunch because I was hungry.
(yes I lied. My mother always taught me to not appear helpless or desperate even when you are dying because 85% of those who are aware of your helplessness would take advantage of it) .
[color=#770077][quote author=thatsincerechic post=40358640]Ten minutes after the class ended and i exclaimed .I love that line where you said your were taught not to appear helpless or desperate even when you are dying because majority of those who know you are will likely take advantage of you at that point. it's the truth and that is why our young men and and women are landing into trouble every time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

You can type your posts OFFLINE and switch on your data just for direct posting.
Cheers.
okay. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by queenfav(f): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Adaobi12:
Lucky you.
Most parents thinks that training a child in school ends in paying school fees and house rent.Feeding, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses is not important. Complain, you will be tagged extravagant.
It takes God's grace to graduate why still on the right track, morally.
but its bad na..being in school requires financial stability o,else you won't be able to retain whatever you study because of frustration.And a girl for that matter needs money for clothes,hair and other small things.Then momsi would say the money they spend on me is not up to what they spend on my younger brother.I dey complain sha...Esp when they start shouting that I am always buying books..I would just say,"should I switch to urhobo and linguistics,that would be cheaper than the law o."They would just comply.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
okay. Thank you

You are welcome.
Best.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by femora007(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:

i dont mind sending u RC

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ekeochaeke: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by realwan44(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
This is helping me alot, it will hlp pple like me to improve in English. Your acct number is urgently needed......

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by queenfav(f): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
okay. Thank you
I enjoyed reading the story..But you can lie on your feet sha,you should think of studying law o..lol.seriously,u are a good writer.only @blueeyes had been able to captivate me with her style of writing..Keep it up cos you have gotten a fan here.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by axiliborha(f): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Are you still in school or is this your story of your hard ship in first year....everyone has a hard ship too mine was with money as I was living from hand to mouth....it was hard
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Aybee92(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
na me get exams 2maro na me dey hear dey follow dis story

I swear d way I dey read dis story I never read my book lyk DAT o...baba God na ya hand I dey o
probably expecting manna tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by silversonuc(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
thatsincerechic:
I was inside the uncompleted building but I went in through the back entrance, dropped my bag on the floor, sat on the bag, my elbows placed on my knees, face on my palms and cried uncontrollably, cried like never before, cried like there was no tomorrow and I cried like I didn't care if I died crying.
Just when I had finished crying but still whispering like a child, I heard a broken voice behind me.
'woman, wetin happen.. Person thief your money? '
I didn't flinch a muscles and i was grateful that my reflexes aligned with my thoughts then I pretended I never heard the voice.
This time I could hear the voice in front of me
' hey! You dey hear me? '
There was no pretending because the voice was so big and i had goosebumps all over my arms
Then I lifted my face to see a short but tough looking man on shorts and singlet who should be in his thirties and i was just staring up at him blankly because I wasn't in the right state of mind to start explaining.
After about five minutes of silence, I finally broke the silence and said
'nothing sir '
This time he came closer, really close enough for me to see the pores on his face and i was terrified.
With a strong stench of marinara, he spoke into my face
'Why damsel like you dey cry? '
I could not hide the fact that the smell of the marijuana was unpleasant to me and I quickly answered
' menstrual pain sir'
'Menstrual pain... Shey na that una woman matter' he asked.
I nodded in affirmative.
'Why you no go house. You come here dey cry. Shey this place resemble your house? ' this time he was looking at my shoes, oh God my shoes again.
I quickly told him my roommate had travelled before I got back from class and that my keys to the doors had fallen off my bag and that I only came here to see if I could find it here because I took this route to class this morning before the menstrual pain started which prompted me to come inside the building to chill for a while because the pain became terrible. I also told him it wasn't possible to break the lock because it was an iron door (another lie)
'Okay.. Sorry ooo ' and he left me staring after him and thinking of what I had just said.
' So he left without saying anything other than sorry '
I said to myself. ' This is why I don't like confiding in people or telling them about my problems because many want to know just to satisfy their curiosity and not because they cared or they are concerned.
But I was proven wrong on this one.....

omo dis gal lie pass APC o, babe i carry nyash for ya lies ooooo, damburuba
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by rawtouch: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Zooms in with a carton of alcoholic malt,

The story is about to begin on a raw note because op must pay rent or pack out

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Ultimus: 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
Jasperwhizz:
Say sth edifying JESUS HATE IMMORALITY Romans 1:18-32.

Why do you wanna police my thoughts with your Jesus? You should also try to say something edifying my holy flying spaghetti monster. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by queenfav(f): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Aybee92:
na me get exams 2maro na me dey hear dey follow dis story

I swear d way I dey read dis story I never read my book lyk DAT o...baba God na ya hand I dey o
probably expecting manna tomorrow
lol..if the exam serious,you no for even know wetin be nairaland.Guy relax..flex the story with us here,carryover na small thing...oya abeg go and read oo!

7 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Jeloma: 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
odinese:
I bet the n*994 writing this $#!+ is a guy called "classcaptain "
embarassed
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by greenek001: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nice one..true or untrue
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by queenfav(f): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
rawtouch:
Zooms in with a carton of alcoholic malt,

The story is about to begin on a raw note because op must pay rent or pack out
That is why we are here oo..because I know the story is just beginning!See as op just carry me come dey refresh her page,leave my oga when I suppose play whatsapp love nwatiti with..na wa o.Please come and finish it fast.biko..

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Aybee92(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
queenfav:
lol..if the exam serious,you no for even know wetin be nairaland.Guy relax..flex the story with us here,carryover na small thing...oya abeg go and read oo!
lol I reject carry over ijn
I need to pass d boring course o
@op just relax continue ya story 2marow

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by skedy1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
And I love it when the story teller/writer/OP says....'And one day'

It makes me drags my chair,re-arrange my legs and settle for it to come!

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by RELAN2446(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Waste of tym
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by proffg: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Where is d concluding part?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by timmycris(m): 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
All I can still learn is a girl living fake life to survive !
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Aybee92(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
but wait o which kind rent be 180k
1 rum for DAT mata shebi if I stay d rum I no go hungry again for d whole 4yrs ni
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Xandred(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
mehhn...wat a story...cnt wait to get the full story from you
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Eleganza33(f): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.