Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Experience Schooling In Igala Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Schooling In Igala Land (10224 Views)

Biafra - IPOB Zones Open In Record Numbers In Igala Community Of Kogi State / APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Walexsammy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
new2020:
My Igala brothers shine your eyes...the OP is a yoruba man. They have unleashed their media propaganda on the collective personhood of Igala people. The grand scheme is to paint you people as tribalistic for vowing not to allow Faleke a yoruba man become a governor in a state dominated by Igalas. Here is this idiot calling Igalas tribalistic when yorubas remain the most tribalistic sets of human on this planet. This thread will open the eyes of Igala to understanding the true identity and mind of yoruba people...implacably evil. Same manner they use propaganda and claiming SS to cause discord between SS and SE. Watch out Igalas!
u jst spew rubbish here, the two kogi guys I have as friend telling me here how igalas are and how they'll prefer any other person even it it's ebira to be their nxt governor. Mtchewww
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Barryp(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Multispanzy:

My brother you are the real hypocrite and tribal bigot here,am not an okun man and Faleke is not from my place either but ur argument is very shallow and shows your intellectual capacity is too poor to understand how democracy/governance and 21st century society works.

The Man is a yoruba man with roots from kogi state, and in Nigeria we practice Federalism.he is a better leader and a technocrat compared to that dunce called Wada, Faleke is ten times more qualified to be a governor than that Mad man in Lugard House who have taken Kogi state backward in the last 4 years,. Yet you won't see thee Leadership qualities of any other person or tribe just because your are a tribal bigot and jingoist .

The lagos you mentioned about Yoruba been tribal; are you aware that presently we have more than 10 Igbo people plus other tribes from different parts of the country who are House of Rep Members,HOA members, commissioners and Special Advisers in Lagos State?
Please do your research and use your brains before you embarrass your generation on a public forum.

My take on Audu's Replacement is Either Yahaya Bello or Abiodun Faleke, this two duo are the rational choice and options for Kogi state, anyother person is a no-no.

Thank you
FOOLS EVERYWHERE!
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Curlieweed: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Da Fvck!

Modern African man get wahala sha!

The level of hatred for one another no be here oh. No wonder poverty dey show us any how.

People use stupid labels to sabotage themselves. This is why I call this place a colonial prison camp.

Fvckk One Nigeria for turning neighbours into intimate enemies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Chilug(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
wasak:
Anyone who says yorubas killed Audu is a fool, a complete one at that. If they could kill audu at that time, y wouldn't they wait for Audu to be sworn in bfor killing him? When there ll be no choice than for his yoruba deputy to bcom d govnor. I'm not from Kogi and I am not concerned abt who tha Bleep bcoms governor in that god-forsaken state.
See the name sef, igala? Very ugly. Rubbbisssshhhh
Poor state
It was just wrong timing, wrong timing bro. Wrong calculation, yorubas should think well next time, this didn't work it was a yoruba terrible mistake

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Acidosis:

Smh

You're confused

Igalas are accommodating to Igbos from other state; but
Igalas hate the Yoruba people in Kogi state.

Do you all understand why I always call the Igalas Animals?

Me confused? Please explain my confusion.

You are talking of tribalism and yet you are calling Igalas animals, that says all about you and tribalism.
I really don't want to go to details about my experience with Igalas but I know they are great people.

The issue I raise about Kogi Yorubas and Igalas seems to be an age long strife that goes wayyyy back.
The first time I was in Anyigba I was stranded because I don't know anyone in the school or anywhere near so I approach the first others for help.
The first you man I met was totally strange because of how he treated me, when I approached him I extended my hand in greetings (handshake), which he turned down saying -
'No sorry, I can't great you because I don't know you.'
from our brief discussion I gather he's 'Kay' (don't know if that is his real name or made up name) from Osun State 200 level law student then.

After my sorry meeting with the first student, I summoned courage to approach another student who happens to be an Igala, he called himself 'ene ojo' Favour. After explaining my situation to him he was very happy to take me to his hostel. To cut the story short he call some of his friends - male and female and it was a semi celebration. The females keep cooking and where asking me if I am in 'spirit' which I later gathered the meaning - 'are you hungry'. They were very happy for my interest ( an Igbo man) to their home school.
At the end of the brief accommodation, I traveled back with a high regard of Igalas. That was when I went for the full list of admission requirements.

What I am trying to explain is that I don't think the Op told us the full story. Yorubas in Kogi hate Igala in Kogi and so does the Igalas in Kogi.
Another funny thing I learnt while at the school is that many people from other States especially in Osun studies at the school and they tend to join force with Yoruba Kogis hence the Igalas regards them as their enemy.
It will be interesting to know which state the Op is from.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by hoobs(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Multispanzy:

My brother you are the real hypocrite and tribal bigot here,am not an okun man and Faleke is not from my place either but ur argument is very shallow and shows your intellectual capacity is too poor to understand how democracy/governance and 21st century society works.

The Man is a yoruba man with roots from kogi state, and in Nigeria we practice Federalism.he is a better leader and a technocrat compared to that dunce called Wada, Faleke is ten times more qualified to be a governor than that Mad man in Lugard House who have taken Kogi state backward in the last 4 years,. Yet you won't see thee Leadership qualities of any other person or tribe just because your are a tribal bigot and jingoist .

The lagos you mentioned about Yoruba been tribal; are you aware that presently we have more than 10 Igbo people plus other tribes from different parts of the country who are House of Rep Members,HOA members, commissioners and Special Advisers in Lagos State?
Please do your research and use your brains before you embarrass your generation on a public forum.

My take on Audu's Replacement is Either Yahaya Bello or Abiodun Faleke, this two duo are the rational choice and options for Kogi state, anyother person is a no-no.

Thank you
I don't know the kind of dictionary you use,bt in mine the ZOO doesn't practice federalism
Federalism is wen an Oba can stand up and say that if igbos dnt vote for his preferred candidate he would throw them into d lagoon
Federalism is where 1 section of the country can rise up and threaten to "kick out" another section
Federalism is when an Oba will say that a yoruba man must rule a market against the wishes of the majority whether they like it or not and even beat up elderly men to show hw serious he is
You can shove ur federalism up ur ASSS
As for the Igalas,yorubas have atleast 5 states that dy are completely in charge of,hausas do,igbos do
D only one you have is kogi,do not let it fall into the hands of a bunch of back stabbing bastards
They will come here and sing their federalism song even say shiiit about COURSE-REP dsame type they used against the Igbos tru BORO
Just mak sure kogi state doesn't fall into their hands which will b ruled by proxy by the man who poisoned Audu....TINUBU
Federalism is when Fashola will wake up on day and send ppl to deport people who the tink they are igbos in the same country o........U dy tell me federalism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by IGBOPRINCE: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
fr3do:
The yorubas are now using their propaganda machinery on the Igalas.
Yorubas, una sabi mobilize o.
Tuale for una.
nothing like propaganda here, you re from anioma, you should understand better nwanna.
There was a day I was praying to God to see an igbo man governs delta state, when I saw the AC candidate in 2007 by the name okocha, I was very happy that an igbo man will soon be the governor of delta state if election is free and fair, but he never won in 2007, the then governor,ibori, gave the seat of power to his cousin.
The igbos in delta state were not happy, they felt the urhobos, warris and isokos owned delta state. But to be fair to all, they think like humans and gave other igbos a sense of belonging, hence ifeanyi okowa.

This is the problems we re facing in nigeria, hence a zoo

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Rotimi47:
A funny tribe trying all they can to divide Nigeria, they stop at nothing as they make up stories, clone Putin on Twitter, Photoshop pictures, adopt all kind of names just to divide Nigeria; It didn't work before and it won't work now.

Some people will never change but no matter what they try, the outcome will always be the same.
Altitudes of igbos always make me laugh. These people are ingrates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by worth(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
I served in kogi state mehn dat state na die. The state is the most backward state in Nigeria. During my service year, I went for rural rugged with my fellowship at ojuocha in ofu local government my people, l am telling you we didn't see a single electric pole the place. These people need to join hands and fight for good governance irrespective of the tribe. shalom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by tpiadotcom: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
nothing like propaganda here, you re from anioma, you should understand better nwanna.
There was a day I was praying to God to see an igbo man governs delta state, when I saw the AC candidate in 2007 by the name okocha, I was very happy that an igbo man will soon be the governor of delta state if election is free and fair, but he never won in 2007, the then governor,ibori, gave the seat of power to his cousin.
The igbos in delta state were not happy, they felt the urhobos, warris and isokos owned delta state. But to be fair to all, they think like humans and gave other igbos a sense of belonging, hence ifeanyi okowa.

Kogi State is not Delta state.
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by pazienza(m): 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
I stand for justice, equity and fairness.

Igalas should give other groups in Kogi a chance to govern the state, it will strengthen the bond of unity and give all groups a sense of belonging. What exactly is wrong with the Africans, why do we so much love injustice?

No Igala man should be thinking of running for Kogi governor position for atleast the next 32 years, after which the Ebiras, Okun Yorubas, etc must have had their turn. This is equity,it's not rocket science for crying out loud.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Ballmer: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
new2020:
My Igala brothers shine your eyes...the OP is a yoruba man. They have unleashed their media propaganda on the collective personhood of Igala people. The grand scheme is to paint you people as tribalistic for vowing not to allow Faleke a yoruba man become a governor in a state dominated by Igalas. Here is this idiot calling Igalas tribalistic when yorubas remain the most tribalistic sets of human on this planet. This thread will open the eyes of Igala to understanding the true identity and mind of yoruba people...implacably evil. Same manner they use propaganda and claiming SS to cause discord between SS and SE. Watch out Igalas!
As a Yoruba person I find your comment really amusing.
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Ballmer: 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ibmojotu:
I have no issues when an Okun Man or Ebiras want to rule over de Igalas in kogi but then pls endeavour to answer this question can an Igala man contest for class Rep at C.O.E okene? the anwer is blatant NO because he or she will be dead on arrival and u want to rule in ksu!?u come online to type rubbish from the comfort of ur home. for the outsiders if u have ever been with or leave with an Ebira Man u will know there are the most heartless set of human being,( U tink Wada is Bad?try an ebira Man) for the Ogun your time to rule kogi is around the corner and am sure u will do better so pls stop associating yourself with cannibals like the ebiras who want to rule over people they lack respect for

Your assumptions are completely false. While in primary school an Egbira or Egun was my class captain. I knew that because he communicate with his junior brother in a language I can not understand. He speaks Yoruba fluently but he speaks a different language with his junior brother after closing.

When I got transferred from Abeograms to Immaculate Comprehensive an Igbo named Paul was my class rep. Whatever choice Kogi indigenes want is left to them but your assumption is false.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by masseratti: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
wasak:
Anyone who says yorubas killed Audu is a fool, a complete one at that. If they could kill audu at that time, y wouldn't they wait for Audu to be sworn in bfor killing him? When there ll be no choice than for his yoruba deputy to bcom d govnor. I'm not from Kogi and I am not concerned abt who tha Bleep bcoms governor in that god-forsaken state.
See the name sef, igala? Very ugly. Rubbbisssshhhh
Poor state
your last statement is not fair on the people of that tribe,on behalf of we yorubas I apologise for this guy's last comment.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by masseratti: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
pazienza:

Igalas should give other groups in Kogi a chance to govern the state, it will strengthen the bond of unity and give all groups a sense of belonging. What exactly is wrong with the Africans, why do we so much love injustice?

No Igala man should be thinking of running for Kogi governor position for atleast the next 32 years, after which the Ebiras, Okun Yorubas, etc must have had their turn. This is equity,it's not rocket science for crying out loud.
will you say that for Igbo President in 2019?
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by wasak(m): 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
masseratti:
you last statement is not fair on the people of that tribe,on behalf of we yorubas I apologise for this guy's last comment.
Agreed, but I'm so bitter at the outburst of the Igalas, how can anyone in his sane mind accuse a whole tribe of killing one person? Some idiots even went ahead to say he had a dinner with APC cheiftains, y didn't they wait for d autopsy bfor burying him? Or mention d name of d APC chieftain. What rubbish?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by masseratti: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
wasak:

Agreed, but I'm so bitter at the outburst of the Igalas, how can anyone in his sane mind accuse a whole tribe of killing one person? Some idiots even went ahead to say he had a dinner with APC cheiftains, y didn't they wait for d autopsy bfor burying him? Or mention d name of d APC chieftain. What rubbish?
it's all politics don't get emotional about it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by mathel(m): 12:04am On Nov 27, 2015
u used an igala man to win votes for APC, killed him and want to use his vote for someone else and u started bringing nonsense stories to have ur way??

Dont mind d op, who stop yoruba or Ibira from contesting? Kowa Party, and others that contested are from their side, y did't they win? U can't used Igala to get what u want, work for your own

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 27, 2015
masseratti:
will you say that for Igbo President in 2019?

Don't mind that yoruba hypocrite. Igbo presidency is too much...let's start with Igbo governor of Lagos especially those born there and contributed to the success of the state. I have watched Faleke interviewed on Kogi local tv, nobody asked him to speak Igala to prove he is a genuine Kogi indigene, yet you have a national yoruba media Channels TV asked and forced an Igbo governorship nominee to speak yoruba to prove he is a Lagosian. Even for Lagos a former capital territory? Yoruba Hypocrites!

Igalas do not and never allow anything yoruba to rule your state especially a tinubu loyalist...he will give 30% of your monthly allocation to Tinubu and Apc, before you know Kogi will be a third world state like Osun, Ogun and Oyo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by masseratti: 1:42am On Nov 27, 2015
new2020:

Don't mind that yoruba hypocrite. Igbo presidency is too much...let's start with Igbo governor of Lagos especially those born there and contributed to the success of the state. I have watched Faleke interviewed on Kogi local tv, nobody asked him to speak Igala to prove he is a genuine Kogi indigene, yet you have a national yoruba media Channels TV asked and forced an Igbo governorship nominee to speak yoruba to prove he is a Lagosian. Even for Lagos a former capital territory? Yoruba Hypocrites!

Igalas do not and never allow anything yoruba to rule your state especially a tinubu loyalist...he will give 30% of your monthly allocation to Tinubu and Apc, before you know Kogi will be a third world state like Osun, Ogun and Oyo.
take a chill pill bro,am Yoruba,are you aware the are Igbo Indigene in Kogi? Am sure you know the difference between an Indigene, citizen and a resident,by law all Nigerian can vote or be vote for anywhere in the country ,and the armor Igbo lawmaker in Lagos also Governorship aspirant in Lagos but you can't force the people to vote for anyone that's democracy for you.
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by coolitempa(f): 1:42am On Nov 27, 2015
pazienza:

Someone just stole your handle!.......a biafraudian wanting a Yoruba as governor.........scratching my head at this weird post from this ethnic irredentist.... shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Lordave: 3:40am On Nov 27, 2015
The Okuns I know are very good people, they're not tribalists and are socially sound and I think majority of them are that way. There's no doubt they can put Kogi state in the right direction if given the opportunity to govern their state.

The Igalas are good people also,(haven't seen a gentle woman like Mama Nana). They're beclouded by their majority stance which is not healthy for the survival of Kogi state.

Ndi Igala na ako Nshi final, chei! Na my problem with them.
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Lordave: 3:42am On Nov 27, 2015
coolitempa:

Someone just stole your handle!.......a biafraudian wanting a Yoruba as governor.........scratching my head at this weird post from this ethnic irredentist.... shocked
No be everybody lost im sense of reasoning like you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 27, 2015
coolitempa:

Why won't you be surprised? So you think ndị Igbo are like Yoruba people that will gladly cover up the truth just to spite their enemy?
We Igbo people always stand up for justice and we do not derive joy from sowing seed of discord among others. Same can't be said for most Yoruba folks, like you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by ideykwum: 4:47am On Nov 27, 2015
But I constantly read of Yorubas accusing accusing whole Igbo or Ijaw tribe of many things? Lol! Karma is a bitch!!

wasak:

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by Rotimi47: 4:56am On Nov 27, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

Altitudes of igbos always make me laugh. These people are ingrates
True talk.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by scholes0(m): 5:13am On Nov 27, 2015
This is Why Kog West have always said times wiiithout number that they would like to be merged with the Ekitis into an Ekiti-Okun sate in the SW region.

Leave the Igalas to rule themselves, abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by scholes0(m): 5:16am On Nov 27, 2015
new2020:

Stupid Igbo man trying to form "fraternity" and camaraderie with Igalas....lol... Who is fooling who?
At the end of the day - They will still behead your Kith & kins in Anambra West LGA - just watch out for the next headline of igalas murdering igbo villagers. At least the Igalas and Okuns don't go on a killing spree on each other every 2 months
Igalas are more related to Yorubas than they are to your people, just politics dividing the good people of Kogi state.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by DIVINE78: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2015
I have gained a lot from reading posts in nairaland and my very honest contribution to whoever cares to listen and not see this thread about politics and ethnicity is this;
IGALA PEOPLE ARE VERY TRIBALIST.

YORUBA PEOPLE DONT SUPPORT THEMSELVES.

EBIRA PEOPLE BOILS OVER NOTHING.

Igala man was the democratic governor of Kogi state in 1992 and they continue from where they stopped when Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999 and ever since nobody from any other tribes is good enough to rule Kogi.
There is no gain saying that Kogi state is very backward on every good indices.
THE GAME PLAN AFTER THE UNFORTUNATE DEATH OF THE APC CANDIDATE IS NEVER TO ALL ANYBODY FROM ANY OTHER TRIBE OR CHRISTIAN TO RULE KOGI STATE.
WHY ARE IGBO HYPOCRITES NOT SUPPORTING A CHRISTIAN TO BECOME KOGI GOVERNOR BUT TURNED AN INNOCENT THREAD TO YORUBA VS IBO?
May the dead governor RIP.
Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by fr3do(m): 5:54am On Nov 27, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

I choose not to see the election of Gov. Okowa into power as a favour, if there isn't any anti-anioma we-are-the-old-delta-province coalition between the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Izons and Isokos, Anioma is a majority.

I see the need for a non-igala to be governor, but this anti-igala propaganda is full of bigotry and generalizations.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by apolonius(m): 5:58am On Nov 27, 2015
I find the op's single story dangerous, ignorant and just dubious.His premises are empty and out to market mischief and low-level jingoism.

I am Igala, was born and raised around that university.While the op has every right to his thoughts and convictions about the Igalas,from his unenlightened bitterness, I consider it very insulting and uncharitable for him to make such an evil generalization of our people as the most tribalistic in Nigeria.

Like every people in Nigeria, the Igalas can pander to parochialism and Form some disappointing political front, yet we stand out as a people so accommodating and decent.In the same university, more than 60 percent of the lecturers,deans, HoDs, and even DVCs have been non-Igalas for over a decade since establishment.

Abubakar Audu has died, and petty opportunists are latching unto the charged sentiments to settle silly scores with a highly progressive people.

Without sounding immodest, I am as educated as any youth can be, however I am progressive enough to want a Faleke succeed as governor.I have never been convinced that any people have a greater right to political leadership than others.Sure, democracy is a majoritan game, and those with more voting blocks do better.Since the death of Ebira political Oracle, A.T.Ahmed, and the Yoruba influence deities, Awoniyi and Daniyan, the two ethnic groups have struggled away from the unity political success demands.Whose fault?

For the op and his legion of empty -heads, I hope you realize that the right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously - apologies to the reverred Senator Hubert Humphrey.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Schooling In Igala Land by DIVINE78: 6:01am On Nov 27, 2015
wasak:

I sometimes want to refrain myself from saying what I know.
Audu was very fetish and as a governor he had only a chair in is office. The deputy sat on ground even the late Atta Igala sat on the floor in any visit to Audu.
When Audu was defeated by Ibro in 2003 he couldn't use the governors office for 6 months because of the various charms and fettish objects in the government house. There were occasions where big snakes were would coiled in the governors office only to dissappear when they raised alarm.
My point is no mere mortal could have singlehandedly killed Audu.
Why would APC cheiftains want him dead? To inherit 10 months of salary areas. The whole allocation of Kogi isn't more than the IGR of Balogun and Idumota market put together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Stops The Arrest Of Ibrahim Larmode By Senate & IGP / Presidency Blames Niger Delta Crisis For Slow 2016 Budget Implementation. / Presidential Tribunal: Adoption Of Final Addresses From All Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.