Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n (2349 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / U.N. Security Council Fails To Pass Resolution On Syria! Loved It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by yeswecan(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2009
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad tried to rally his supporters today with a new proposal. Ahmadinejad said he wanted a face-to-face debate with President Obama at the United Nations if he is re-elected next month as Iran's president. While some interpret this offer as mere campaign posturing, it could yield a new development for relations between the United States and Iran.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7670913&page=1

Pesonally i think Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a toothless dog calling for attention.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2009
yeswecan:

Pesonally i think Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a toothless dog calling for attention.

The major Problem of the Middle East is the State of Isreal. Like it or not.

They have refused to allow the state of Palestine. The Isrealites are the same people that had no State or place 80 years ago - thanks to the British. They now refuse others a state just because they have the Military might and Financial power.

Immediately a Palestinian State is created, the likes of Alquida ( hope I spelt there name right) and Hamaz would have no reason for existence, and so would those who gain political strength by backing groups like these loose popularity. Ahmadinejad.

Isreal claim the land is theirs just because it is written in the Bible. Even when Joshua took them to the promise land didn't he meet a tribe there, they had to fight to settle.

I believe in the Bible too, but I know that same Bible asked them to do unto others as they would like others to do unto them.

Obama has asked Natanyahu for a State of Palestine, Yitzhak Rabin was murdered for moving towards a peace process.

Until those Isrealites understand that they need to live side by side with orders in peace, and come of that notion that they are the choosen ones, there would be no peace in the middle east. Even Jesus warned them that gentiles would enter the kingdom of heaven before them. I wonder why they wont just come off their dream world.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by yeswecan(m): 8:47pm On May 26, 2009
Nah.   I disagree with you totally.

Islamofacist, terrorists, radical Islamists, in fact the Islamic religion calls for the destruction of Israel. Geographically, Israel has not affected Iran in any way.  Ahmadinejad is just an advocate for the Muslims that believes Israel should be wiped out.  Ahmadinejad did not even subscribe to a two state solution for Israel and Palestine; he calls for the destruction of Israel.

You think Palestines are the main source for the hatred for Israel, don't you? Well, you taught wrong. I learnt Prophet Mohammed declared Jews the enemy of Muslims before he died. The ultimate goal of Islamic religion is to wipe out all Jews. I also learnt the Prophet Mohammed warned that no Jews should be allowed to step a foot in Saudi Arabia, hence the land is considered sacred.

"Palestinian" arabs are NOT ELIGIBLE to take up citizenship of other arab countries WHERE THEY ARE LEGITIMATELY BORN but obtain Israeli citizenship if they are born in Israel. . . why? Jordan purged up to 25,000 "palestinians" in 1970 why? "Palestinian" arabs in Lebanon, syria and Jordan are today STILL kept in refugee camps . . . why?
And the problem is Israel? No, it’s the irrational Islamic hate for the Jews.

Iran is part of the Islamic world that calls for the destruction of Israel, so is Morocco and Algeria (Africa Muslim countries) this is about Religion, Islam in its very nature calls for the destruction of Israel.

Go and read about the seven days war when all the Islamic countries came together against Isreal. do you think it was about Palestine?

May 1948–March 1949 Israel fought against Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Holy War Army and Arab Liberation. They were all defeated.

June 5, 1967 – June 10, 1967 Israel defeated Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.

It is not about Palestine bro, its an ideology.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by ElRazur: 9:26pm On May 26, 2009
^^ Nice one jare. I aint no Pro Israel, however it grind my gears when people talk without much substance.

Anyway, Iran's president would say anything to drum support and win votes. He aint no different from the Mullahs that pull the string from behind the scene. His approach is nothing but an attempt to bask in the "Obama glory". I hope the people of Iran will speak and vote him out to be honest.

PS
RIchyBlack. I am so waiting for you. grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 12:21am On May 27, 2009
yeswecan:

Nah.   I disagree with you totally.

Islamofacist, terrorists, radical Islamists, in fact the Islamic religion calls for the destruction of Israel. Geographically, Israel has not affected Iran in any way.  Ahmadinejad is just an advocate for the Muslims that believes Israel should be wiped out.  Ahmadinejad did not even subscribe to a two state solution for Israel and Palestine; he calls for the destruction of Israel.

You think Palestines are the main source for the hatred for Israel, don't you? Well, you taught wrong. I learnt Prophet Mohammed declared Jews the enemy of Muslims before he died. The ultimate goal of Islamic religion is to wipe out all Jews. I also learnt the Prophet Mohammed warned that no Jews should be allowed to step a foot in Saudi Arabia, hence the land is considered sacred.

Quote davidylan"Palestinian" arabs are NOT ELIGIBLE to take up citizenship of other arab countries WHERE THEY ARE LEGITIMATELY BORN but obtain Israeli citizenship if they are born in Israel. . . why? Jordan purged up to 25,000 "palestinians" in 1970 why? "Palestinian" arabs in Lebanon, syria and Jordan are today STILL kept in refugee camps . . . why?

Iran is part of the Islamic world that calls for the destruction of Israel, so is Morocco and Algeria (Africa Muslim countries) this is about Religion, Islam in its very nature calls for the destruction of Israel.

Go and read about the seven days war when all the Islamic countries came together against Isreal. do you think it was about Palestine?

May 1948–March 1949 Israel fought against Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Holy War Army and Arab Liberation. They were all defeated.

June 5, 1967 – June 10, 1967 Israel defeated Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.

It is not about Palestine bro, its an ideology.

You let your emotion take over facts. When someone starts using the word I learnt, I mean anyone could wake up from the wrong side of his bed and say I learnt.

Okay lets say we learnt that you know not what you are talking about.

Sorry who is davidylan? No offence meant is he some kind of authority on Middle East issue?

Sorry dude I dont do I learnt, when you have facts then ad be back.

I learnt.  grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Tornadoz(m): 12:33am On May 27, 2009
Its obvious Obama has surrounded himself with top notch advicers so I can't see him debating the rabble rousing and often times infantile Amedinejad. It would be futile.

You think Palestines are the main source for the hatred for Israel, don't you? Well, you taught wrong.

When there was racist white rule in South Africa we Africans didn't hate the whites for racism, we just hated them, chikena, does that make sense? Why don't the Jews give back  stolen land and see if everyone would still hate them as much. Nigeria and the rest of Africa are buddies with South Africa now, see.

I learnt Prophet Mohammed declared Jews the enemy of Muslims before he died.

I doubt a prophet admired by millions of people would really say to his followers  to hate  Jews.  

If this is all about religion, why are the Arabs not calling for the destruction of Hindu Indian or Buddhist China?

Quote davidylan
"Palestinian" arabs are NOT ELIGIBLE to take up citizenship of other arab countries WHERE THEY ARE LEGITIMATELY BORN but obtain Israeli citizenship if they are born in Israel. . . why? Jordan purged up to 25,000 "palestinians" in 1970 why? "Palestinian" arabs in Lebanon, syria and Jordan are today STILL kept in refugee camps . . . why?

I don't know of any logic where some one takes your land and then tells you to go live with your brother, tell your brother to give you a piece of his land. The average Nigerian Christian schmuck believe its right to hate Arabs but not Jews and then wonder why low life in Jos goes out to kill Christians when theres a blip in Arab/Western relation?

Try doing your own research instead of quoting a schmuck.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 1:03am On May 27, 2009
Tornadoz:

If this is all about religion, why are the Arabs not calling for the destruction of Hindu Indian or Buddhist China?

Or even the Vatican City?

Inshort the dudes new name is I learnt. grin
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 2:57am On May 27, 2009
@Ikomi,

It appears you don't even have an idea of this issue. With that background, it is very laughable to see you making fun of another person who has shown a better grasp of the issue than you do.

Your premise that the State of Isreal is the problem is absolutely wrong. The problem Islam has with the Jews is not the State, but the very essence of Jewishness. Mohammed called for the killing of all Jews not because they had a State, but because they were Jews. The State is only a modern day excuse by the blood-thirsty hordes of allah to perpetuate and bring to pass, the depraved desire of a blood-thirsty and pedophilic prophet.

@Tornadoz,

I doubt a prophet admired by millions of people would really say to his followers to hate Jews.
Here is a quote from Hamas' Charter:
The Hamas has been looking forward to implement Allah’s promise whatever time it might take. The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and Muslim).

Obviously I don't need to answer any more of your postings. If you could be fundamentally wrong about this, everything else you wrote is totally mute.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by RichyBlacK(m): 3:25am On May 27, 2009
ElRazur:

^^ Nice one jare. I aint no Pro Israel, however it grind my gears when people talk without much substance.

Anyway, Iran's president would say anything to drum support and win votes. He aint no different from the Mullahs that pull the string from behind the scene. His approach is nothing but an attempt to bask in the "Obama glory". I hope the people of Iran will speak and vote him out to be honest.

PS
RIchyBlack. I am so waiting for you. grin

Alright, I'm here. grin

What is wrong with a debate? A debate is a good thing. Obama is smart and so is Ahmadinejad. A good healthy debate between two smart guys would attract millions of viewers all over the world.

I remember Saddam Hussein calling on that numskull from Texas to a debate before the invasion of Iraq. Had that idiotic ex-president debated Saddam Hussein, maybe the fiasco in Iraq would have been averted. No?

Let Obama accept the challenge and engage in a healthy debate with someone at his level, instead of debating akamu-heads like D.ick Cheney.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by RichyBlacK(m): 3:34am On May 27, 2009
Obama must stop following the useless foreign policies of Bush and Cheney. Look at what's happening in North Korea. There is nothing an American foreign policy run by toddlers can do to stop the North Koreans from using the Korean peninsular as their private playground. Obama must not listen to the myriad xenophobes that are all too many in the US political landscape. He should engage in serious diplomacy with North Korea and Iran, treat them with respect and earn their confidence and trust. Depending on tough-talk from right-leaning democrats will lead to nowhere.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by NegroNtns(m): 4:11am On May 27, 2009
Tayo,

I have no comment on the topic of debate but I need to correct the idea that Jewish is "HOLY".  What is HOLY is their scripture, The Torah, not the Jewish tribe itself.    

The people back then referred to as Jews are what today is called Zionist.  So replace the Hamas' call for death to Jews, with death to Zionism.  Here is why,

At the time the Quran was revealed to Mohammed (A.S.W.S), he was commanded to wage war against three groups of people and not to take them for friends - the Jews, the christians and the idol worshippers.  The idol worshippers were the Arabs.  God commanded Mohammed to seek alliance and friendship with the people of the scriptures.  

So in essence, God is commanding him and his followers to step beyond ethnic identity and seek support only with people of Faith - the people of The Law (Ten Commandments) and the people of The Testament (Bible) - against the interest and security of the Jews (replace "Zionist"), the Christians (replace "Crusaders") and the idol worshippers (replace "Fundametalists").

If you make sense of this interpretation then, then the decree to wipe out the zionist will equally apply to the fundamentalist (in this case, Hamas).
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by bawomolo(m): 5:03am On May 27, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Obama must stop following the useless foreign policies of Bush and Cheney. Look at what's happening in North Korea. There is nothing an American foreign policy run by toddlers can do to stop the North Koreans from using the Korean peninsular as their private playground. Obama must not listen to the myriad xenophobes that are all too many in the US political landscape. He should engage in serious diplomacy with North Korea and Iran, treat them with respect and earn their confidence and trust. Depending on tough-talk from right-leaning democrats will lead to nowhere.

why should anyone treat a country that starves its own citizens with respect?

Richyblack , your defense of rogue states is reaching new levels.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by RichyBlacK(m): 5:37am On May 27, 2009
bawomolo:

why should anyone treat a country that starves its own citizens with respect?

Richyblack , your defense of rogue states is reaching new levels.

It is this kind of statement that makes the average American more ignorant about Iran. This topic is about Ahmadinejad and his willingness to debate Obama on issues and not about North Korea's horrible internal policies.

As for the other axis of evil, North Korea, I'm not defending North Korea and I have no intention to do that. My point is that the tried, tested and failed toddler-driven policies of the US in dealing with North Korea have revealed themselves to be utterly ineffective. Do you doubt that? The facts support my assertion.

It is time for adults to take over US foreign policy from toddlers.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Ikomi,

It appears you don't even have an idea of this issue. With that background, it is very laughable to see you making fun of another person who has shown a better grasp of the issue than you do.

Your premise that the State of Isreal is the problem is absolutely wrong. The problem Islam has with the Jews is not the State, but the very essence of Jewishness. Mohammed called for the killing of all Jews not because they had a State, but because they were Jews. The State is only a modern day excuse by the blood-thirsty hordes of allah to perpetuate and bring to pass, the depraved desire of a blood-thirsty and pedophilic prophet.

Birds of the same feather flock together, I see you and your friend went to the same school of thought. I guess you must have learnt as well. Its just that you two came out with different understanding he said its Religion you say its Jewishness. I hope you will both learn again and consolidate.

Sorry guys am not making fun of the issue its just that I clearly see you guys are not up to speed on the issue, you still have a backward thought on the whole matter. When you are up and running it would show then I would take you two serious.

Just a bit to show you, you dont know what you say. There are Jews all over the world. Hungarian Jews, American Jews, German Jews, British Jews, and Ethiopian Jews.  Lets imagine that Mo and his allies can not reach the Hugarian, American and British Jews. How many Ethiopian Jews have been massacred?

Rauhm Emmanuel is Jewish he is in the Obama administration clamouring for a Palestian state to find a solution to Middle East problems are you more Jewish than him or do you know better than him.

Have you spoken to jews on one-on-one before? Have you been to the synagogue in trying to understand?

Tayo-D:

The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and Muslim).[/color]

Obviously I don't need to answer any more of your postings. If you could be fundamentally wrong about this, everything else you wrote is totally mute.

Please dont answer again. Hamas are fanatics, and I know fanaticas whatever side they are on dont see things objectively.

How does that your quote come from Mo, if at all it is true? Have you heard of the PLO Mammud Abbass does he want the death of Isreal as well? When Arafat shook the hands of Yitzhak Rabin was he calling for his death or or is there anyone more Islamic than Arafat?

Abeg go and learn with your brother. Am not going to reply you again. I dont like people arguing for the sake of it.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by yeswecan(m): 9:31am On May 27, 2009
Very interesting indeed!

I recall during the 1960s when the late King Saud of Saudi Arabia was a patient at the Massachusestts General Hospital; he demanded that no Jewish doctors treat him. He also came with about forty wives. There is virtually no Jewish activity in Saudi Arabia today. Jews as such are not permitted to visit or live there and you think it is about the land accupation.

Hamas /Hezbollah/Ahmadinejad and other radical Muslims are not calling for a two state solution but the destruction of Israel.

Tell me why Muslim countries combined to fight against small Israel in 1948 and 1967.

Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria. You can imagine “Muslim Countries in Africa” and you think it’s because of the land occupation.

Now we have Iran another Islamic country
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2009
yeswecan:

Tell me why Muslim countries combined to fight against small Israel in 1948 and 1967.

Since u have choosen to learn.

The modern state of Israel has its religious roots in the Biblical Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael), a concept central to Judaism since ancient times,[8][9] and the heartland of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah.[10] Following the birth of political Zionism in 1897 and the Balfour Declaration, the League of Nations granted Britain the British Mandate of Palestine after World War I, with responsibility for establishing ", such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion, "[11] In November 1947 United Nations decided on partition of Palestine into a Jewish state, an Arab state, and a UN-administered Jerusalem.[12] Partition was accepted by Zionist leaders but rejected by Arab leaders leading to the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine. Israel declared independence on May 14, 1948 and neighboring Arab states attacked the next day. Since then, Israel has fought a series of wars with neighboring Arab states,[13] and in consequence, Israel controls territories beyond those delineated in the 1949 Armistice Agreements. Some international borders remain in dispute, however Israel has signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan, though efforts to resolve conflict with the Palestinians have so far only met with limited success.

The limited success you read at the end has been created by hard liners in the Isreali side, whom in other words are fanatics who would not reason objectively.

And I must warn you groups like Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda are recent compared to hard liners on the Isreali side who always presume they are better than all.

Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda riding on the wings of Iran are just answers to these Isreali hard liners.

But look we have moved on, times have changed, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanone, Syria, Saudi Arabia have all agreed that Isreal is here to stay. I strongly support the fact that Isreal is here to stay.

But hard liners in Isreal should start admitting that times are changing, we must find peace, there must be a common ground, as Isreal was giving the right to a State, the Palestines who are the Original owners of the land in the first place deserve the right to live.

Yitzhak Rabin agreed to that before his death.

Arafat could not agree less, he flew to the lawn in white house to shake the hands of Yitzhak, whom he actually fought in this war you talk about.

Pope John Paul II of late memory made the same call for peace when he went to pray in a mosque when he visited Jerusalem

President Shimon Peres of Isreal, is calling for the halt in the extension of the settlement in Gaza, so that the world could move towards peace.

The current Pope is clamouring for the Palestinian State.

Obama rings the same bell.

Tony Blair former British Prime Minister say there must be peace in the middle east so that groups like Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda and there supporters like Almadinajad could be kept in there proper place, dust bin of history. Then and only then could the world face the major problems that threaten us like Climate change, Poverty and Farmine. I forgot North Korea.

All these people cannot be wrong.

But Natanyahu and his hard liners who would rather live in the past would not make peace, the only word they understand is Jewish supremacy and war.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2009
@Ikomi,

I am not surprised by your incoherence. It is the hallmark of ignorance. Mohammed made a direct call for muslims to kill ALL Jews. Hamas and co are only following his orders. So if Hamas are fanatics, Mo himself was the Prince of fanatics. Try as hard as you may, you cannot dribble around the fact that Mo called for an ethnic cleanising of Jews. He linked this ethnic cleansing to his timetable for the end time. If you are not even aware of this, why should I bother educating you at all.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2009
@Negro,

I have no comment on the topic of debate but I need to correct the idea that Jewish is "HOLY".  What is HOLY is their scripture, The Torah, not the Jewish tribe itself.
Of course Jews are Holy in the biblical sense. Being holy just means you are set apart for a purpose. The Jews are the agency of God's judgement on the nations on the earth.  They are so unique that they are the first set of 3 groups of people recognised by God - the Jews, the Church and the Nations/Gentiles.   Anti-semitism is actually rooted in the spirit of the anti-Christ. Why? Because Christ's work cannot be complete without the Jews. So to defeat and annihilate the Jews is to defeat Christ!

The people back then referred to as Jews are what today is called Zionist.  So replace the Hamas' call for death to Jews, with death to Zionism.  Here is why,
Zionism did not exist back then, so your argument does not hold water. I don't understand how people try to revise history.

At the time the Quran was revealed to Mohammed (A.S.W.S), he was commanded to wage war against three groups of people and not to take them for friends - the Jews, the christians and the idol worshippers.  The idol worshippers were the Arabs.  God commanded Mohammed to seek alliance and friendship with the people of the scriptures.
So in essence, God is commanding him and his followers to step beyond ethnic identity and seek support only with people of Faith - the people of The Law (Ten Commandments) and the people of The Testament (Bible) - against the interest and security of the Jews (replace "Zionist"wink, the Christians (replace "Crusaders"wink and the idol worshippers (replace "Fundametalists"wink.

If you make sense of this interpretation then, then the decree to wipe out the zionist will equally apply to the fundamentalist (in this case, Hamas).
Forget all that story. His evolution shows that his revelations come with convenience. Here is what he had to say about Jews and Christians: “And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah [himself] is the Guidance. And if you should follow their desires after the knowledge which has come unto thee, then you would have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper.” Sura 2 (the Cow), verse 120How can you say he sought friendship with Christians and Jews when he expressly declares that friendship with them will lead to enmity with allah?

I know you are only trying to be politically correct, but we have to recognise this evil for what it is - evil. Muslims refer to us and Jews as pigs and devils because Mohammed said so. Hiding his hatred behind flowery words of peace does not extinguish the underlying hate.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2009
Since you know more than everyone, I suppose your a Jew yourself, God bless you with your views.

Please stop writing my username, its a bit of a distraction you see, so I could attend to reasonable comments.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2009
Ikomi:

Since you know more than everyone, I suppose your a Jew yourself, God bless you with your views.

Please stop writing my username, its a bit of a distraction you see, so I could attend to reasonable comments.
Of course my comments are not reasonable to you becuase you cannot intellectually refute them. And since you know nothing about this issue, you will do well to keep quiet rather than spread misinformation on the www.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Lagosboy: 1:19pm On May 27, 2009
Ikomi:

Since u have choosen to learn.

The limited success you read at the end has been created by hard liners in the Isreali side, whom in other words are fanatics who would not reason objectively.

And I must warn you groups like Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda are recent compared to hard liners on the Isreali side who always presume they are better than all.

Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda riding on the wings of Iran are just answers to these Isreali hard liners.

But look we have moved on, times have changed, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanone, Syria, Saudi Arabia have all agreed that Isreal is here to stay. I strongly support the fact that Isreal is here to stay.

But hard liners in Isreal should start admitting that times are changing, we must find peace, there must be a common ground, as Isreal was giving the right to a State, the Palestines who are the Original owners of the land in the first place deserve the right to live.

Yitzhak Rabin agreed to that before his death.

Arafat could not agree less, he flew to the lawn in white house to shake the hands of Yitzhak, whom he actually fought in this war you talk about.

Pope John Paul II of late memory made the same call for peace when he went to pray in a mosque when he visited Jerusalem

President Shimon Peres of Isreal, is calling for the halt in the extension of the settlement in Gaza, so that the world could move towards peace.

The current Pope is clamouring for the Palestinian State.

Obama rings the same bell.

Tony Blair former British Prime Minister say there must be peace in the middle east so that groups like Hezzbollah, Hamaz and Alqueda and there supporters like Almadinajad could be kept in there proper place, dust bin of history. Then and only then could the world face the major problems that threaten us like Climate change, Poverty and Farmine. I forgot North Korea.

All these people cannot be wrong.

But Natanyahu and his hard liners who would rather live in the past would not make peace, the only word they understand is Jewish supremacy and war.

I admire u and i wish you blessings as I have followed some of your posts in this section and its nice to have some voice of reason to complement Richy's hardwork. Dont let the opposing folks stampede you as your head is high up and your objectivity impressive. These people dont see with any other eyes apart from religous pin hole eyes when it comes to the politics of this conflict.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by yeswecan(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2009
When i think about the Jewish perfect world it is a clean temple, and everyone seeking after God. The Muslim perfect world is to kill all Jews and  forcefully convert all Christians to Muslim. The perfect christian world seems to be to sin,  but say that Jesus is Lord.

It is not Hamas and Hizballah who hate Israel but every Muslim in the world and every Muslim organization hates the Jewish state. Mohammad sowed the seed of hatred against humanity and the Muslims are too stupid to realize that

Islam is creating havoc in the Middle East and elsewhere. Islam is not a religion of peace and justice as it claims to be. Islam is a religion of violence, intolerance, and injustice. Mohammed tricked people into believing Islam through fear and force conversion.

The taliban represents the true mind of a real Muslim. The West is unwilling to look at the history to understand that Mohammad, through his invention of Islam, started the violence 14 centuries ago. Mohammad went on a rampage of slaughter, forced conversion of the Jews and pagans of Arabia. Those who resisted were massacred. He committed all these criminality in the name of his god, Allah. Mohammad's murderous followers continued and widened his spade-works after his death.

@Ikomi

You are trying to be politically correct,  understand that the issue here is "Islamic Ideology"  Jews don’t execute their daughters for leaving the religion and marrying a Catholic or Protestant. Muslims do, the horrible Islamic code of "honor killing". Muslims will insist honor killing is not Islamic, but it is they, who do it all the time.

What more do we need to prove that?
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by yeswecan(m): 1:45pm On May 27, 2009
The truth is bitter.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Lagosboy: 1:55pm On May 27, 2009
yeswecan:

When i think about the Jewish perfect world it is a clean temple, and everyone seeking after God. The Muslim perfect world is to kill all Jews and  forcefully convert all Christians to Muslim. The perfect christian world seems to be to sin,  but say that Jesus is Lord.

It is not Hamas and Hizballah who hate Israel but every Muslim in the world and every Muslim organization hates the Jewish state. Mohammad sowed the seed of hatred against humanity and the Muslims are too stupid to realize that

Islam is creating havoc in the Middle East and elsewhere. Islam is not a religion of peace and justice as it claims to be. Islam is a religion of violence, intolerance, and injustice. Mohammed tricked people into believing Islam through fear and force conversion.

The taliban represents the true mind of a real Muslim. The West is unwilling to look at the history to understand that Mohammad, through his invention of Islam, started the violence 14 centuries ago. Mohammad went on a rampage of slaughter, forced conversion of the Jews and pagans of Arabia. Those who resisted were massacred. He committed all these criminality in the name of his god, Allah. Mohammad's murderous followers continued and widened his spade-works after his death.

@Ikomi

You are trying to be politically correct,  understand that the issue here is "Islamic Ideology"  Jews don’t execute their daughters for leaving the religion and marrying a Catholic or Protestant. Muslims do, the horrible Islamic code of "honor killing". Muslims will insist honor killing is not Islamic, but it is they, who do it all the time.

What more do we need to prove that?

You dont have to spew religious sentiments here , if you want to discuss the issues raised here move to the religous section - islam for muslims and i will be happy to engage you in a healthy debate as most of it is distortion of facts and misrepresentation. This is a political section and lets discuss the politics of the conflict.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Tornadoz(m): 2:37pm On May 27, 2009
I said "I doubt a prophet admired by millions of people would really say to his followers  to hate  Jews."
Because I never read the Quran I was asking for proof that Mohamed instructed his followers to hate Jews, (what has Hamas charter to do with the above question?)
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ikomi(m): 2:42pm On May 27, 2009
Lagosboy:

You dont have to spew religious sentiments here , if you want to discuss the issues raised here move to the religous section - islam for muslims and i will be happy to engage you in a healthy debate as most of it is distortion of facts and misrepresentation. This is a political section and lets discuss the politics of the conflict.

That is all I thought I would get, but someone went on with his Quaran and all Muslim and Christian. Devil and Angel.

It reminds me of when Tony Blair was asked in the House of Commons why he joined the Americans to invade Iraq when he knew Iraq possesed no WMD. He went and I quote:

"There are times when God asks you to do something , "

He did not finish when one MP got to remind Blair

"Sorry Mr Blair we dont do God here"

It does not mean the MP is a Pegan or Atheist, but there are times common sense should prevail.

If we follow the line of thought of these most high, religious people who are holier than Jesus, then the solution to the problem is to wipe out all muslims since they are destined to wipe out christians/Jews. In other words there is no future.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Tornadoz(m): 2:46pm On May 27, 2009
Below are some notable people who hate Jews, sometimes religion did not play a part.

George Washington

"They (the Jews) work more effectively against us, than the enemy's armies. They are a hundred times more dangerous to our liberties and the great cause we are engaged in,  It is much to be lamented that each state, long ago, has not hunted them down as pest to society and the greatest enemies we have to the happiness of America” [Quoted from Maxims of George Washington by A. A. Appleton & Co., courtesy of The Christian Party].

Thomas Jefferson
"What a wretched depravity of sentiment and manners must have prevailed before such corrupt maxims [the Talmud] could have obtained credit! It is impossible to collect from these writings a consistent series of moral Doctrine,  It was the reformation of this ‘wretched depravity’ of morals which Jesus undertook” [Quoted from the back cover of Jefferson’s The Jefferson Bible].

Hitler
"In the course of my life I have very often been a prophet, and have usually been ridiculed for it. During the time of my struggle for power it was in the first instance only [that] the Jewish race received my prophecies with laughter when I said that I would one day take over the leadership of the State, and with it that of the whole nation, and that I would then among other things settle the Jewish problem. Their laughter was uproarious, but I think that for some time now they have been laughing on the other side of their face. Today I will once more be a prophet: if the international Jewish financiers in and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations once more into a world war, then the result will not be the Bolshevizing of the earth, and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation [the complete and convincing defeat of an opponent] of the Jewish race in Europe” [Adolf Hitler - January 30, 1939]!

Martin Luther
"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen.

Even Jesus
Read :John 8:44
You [Jews] belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies[Courtesy of TCP].
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Tornadoz(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2009
Ikomi:

"Sorry Mr Blair we dont do God here"

I remember the above like it was yesterday.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2009
@Tornadoz,

I said "I doubt a prophet admired by millions of people would really say to his followers  to hate  Jews."
Because I never read the Quran I was asking for proof that Mohamed instructed his followers to hate Jews, (what has Hamas charter to do with the above question?)
Hamas is supposedly fighting a political battle for a political end - a Palestinian State.  Their Charter clearly states what Mohammed said which directly answers your question.  You asked "did Mohammed ask his followers to hate the Jews"? The answer is YES.  And here is his quote "The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree" (cited by Bukhari and Muslim).

Okay maybe he didn't say directly that they should hate them. But he was definitely direct in saying they should kill them.  Happy now?
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by TayoD1(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2009
@topic,

It is either naivety or intellectual dishonesty to think the Middle East conflict can be resolved or divulged from its religious roots.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by NegroNtns(m): 3:38pm On May 27, 2009
Tayo,

I know zionism did not exist back then, at least not in name, but it existed in principle and ideology. It was neither Hamas, nor any Muslim group that betrayed and killed Jesus (A.S.W.S), it was not the Palestinians either; the Jews in their zealotry did. I can counter your quotes of what the Quran said and back it with numerous verses where it decreed that the people of the Books are fellow faithfuls with the muslims. In fact, muslims believe and revere Jesus far more than Christians do. Stop parsing quotes from the Quran to frame your argument.

On the subject of discussion, the problem is not Palestine or Arabs or Israel, United States is the instigator and the barrier to peace. In 1973, Henry Kissinger suggested in passing to Golda Meir to violate the cease fire agreement and attack Egypt and Syria in the dark of the nights and US will look the other way. They say one thing in public to convince opponent to lay down arms but then scheme for a surprise hit at their time of vulnerability. Any wonder why Ahmadinejjad is cautious about embracing Obama's offer for reconciliation? In fact,since the topic is about Iran and US, Nixon and , again, fucking Kissinger, started the mess trying to bait Shah to face West and away from USSR's courting.

Look, I dont want to talk, Id rather sit back and just observe here.
Re: Ahmadinejad Wants To Debate Obama At The U.n by Ibime(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2009
Who cares what Ahmadinejad wants to do? Anyone who supports this hare-brained heory is insane! Have you ever seen a President debating another President? Which kain nonsense be this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Colonialists: The Root Of The Trouble With Africa - Chinweizu / JIMMY CARTER: 'I Could Have Wiped Iran Off The Map' / Japan Sends Biggest Warship To Protect US Supply Vessel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.