Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders (23037 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers / Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders / Ex-Governor Goje Forged Assembly's Resolution To Collect N5bn Loan -EFCC Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by francizy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
TimothyNkenu:
"Buhari" and "Human Rights" are antonyms like "black" and "white".

Buhari must be the black there! angry grin
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by alcmene: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
omowolewa:
Hummm! Are you lalasticlala's brother

Not at all..what gave you such impression
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by holyfather(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:

I mean Ironically. That my prior post is with a question mark. That is your fault if you cannot make sense of it
and this last one went without a full stop.
let me wait for the remaining part of the sentence.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
holyfather:

and this last one went without a full stop.
let me wait for the remaining part of the sentence.
Can you quote what you are talking about? I don't think you make good sentences either.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by omowolewa: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
You talk with boldness, without the fear of been ban.
alcmene:

Not at all..what gave you such impression
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by CollinsMD(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
GEJ signed freedom of information bill... and Buhari has never ceased to use any opportunity to show his support for human rights violation.. Someone should please advice Mr President..
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by TheOnlyWiseMan: 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
I support Nigeria's stand on this issue.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by HaneefahRN(f): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:

Are they forcing it down others throats which support human right defenders? Jeez! Your intelligence wreak silliness.
I don't take light to insults on my intelligence, Mister. U av a right to ur opinion and I av right to mine. Not everyone must see from ur POV and tht doesn't make u more intelligent.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Manred0(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:
You will always see Nigeria in the group of the weak and non-progressive nations. Our silly leaders still don't understand international diplomacy. It is a big shame. Ptui!
see dis mumu, so China is week abi
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by kozmokaz(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
wat were u expecting wen we av a dictator in power?
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by holyfather(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
ogmaskman:
Alot of us will readily run with the UN on this. But I see it differently.
If u can see thru the smokescreen u will see that the UN means no good. for instance most of the countries that voted against the resolution have anti gay laws in place. The question is who determines what constitutes a violation? Is it the home country or the UN? For me it's just a way of getting at some of these countries. The Nigerian govt like China and SA must have read thru the bill and understood it content and possibly see thru the veil. I stand with Nigeria on this because non of us here on nairaland have read it.
There are too many laws defending the rights of humans already so this one is an effort too far. If Human rights had no laws what has the ICC and the likes been working with. This is just a way of meddling in the private affairs of sovereign nations.
as a country We have enough troubles already so they should hold their peace.
If you think Nigeria as a country should subscribe you can outline the benefits here for all to see. Let's see and know what we stand to lose. It's not enouch to shout buhari is a tyrant. Buhari is a dictator. Or worse still call me unprintable names. This is my personal opinion. If u think otherwise Pls state ur reasons.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by holyfather(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
all4naija:

I have no idea of what you are talking about. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and make a change. [b]That nation is deceiving in your ignorance and primitiveness. [/b]The earlier you do that the better for you to understand what I am talking about. If you choose to remain in your barbaric state and see west as enemy you are only doing yourself no good. Make good use of your brain for once, dude!

let's start with the bolded part.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Yanks101: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
These resolutions are meant to protect vulnerable people from govt brutality.
Nigerians supporting this act of stupidditty will bear the brunt of this from their own govt.
They insult the US, and yet throng american embassies for a chance at the american human rights and freedom.
The fact that they even believe a country can develop and grow without true freedom is laughable.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by tonydatasrvs: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Get cheap and affordable shared data on all networks. contact tonydataservices on 08099819602.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by chysam: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
chesterlee:
U voted an ex brutal dictator that wasn't answerable to anyone then but u expect him to answer u now!

Una de Okay so?

The Thunder wey go fire this dullard dey do Press up for Malta!!!

How you wish killing does not carry a death nor life sentence.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Jesusloveyou: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
chesterlee:
U voted an ex brutal dictator that wasn't answerable to anyone then but u expect him to answer u now!

Una de Okay so?

The Thunder wey go fire this dullard dey do Press up for Malta!!!
u and suleiman must be stupid, if not for Christ, i would have be arresting dis fake pastors

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
HugeMac:
I don't like Buhari , but I support the vote against this resolution . The US keep looking for back doors to impose their evil on other countries. We should beware , Russia and China are anti-New world order they are on the right path, the rest are led by US imposed puppets

...Which reminds me of the UN resolution that imposed "no-fly zone" over libya to protect "moderate terrorist" fighting Ghaddafi. Because he was so desperate to be on the "good book" of the west, the drunken master of Otueke's govt voted for it. Today we know how that vote was ridiculed by the west to overthrow Ghaddafi, and turned Libya into a failed state. The flow of Libya weapons has caused serious security issues that still haunts many African countries, Nigeria inclusive.

ONCE BEATEN, TWICE SHY! This time around, Nigeria voted wisely!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
jomoh:

Nigeria said that:

they saw 'no need' for the resolution, effectively denying the importance of independent civil society and dissent to democracy and development.

China explained that:

"it had ‘no choice’ but to vote against it as 'certain western countries' use the protection of defenders as an excuse to interfere in the internal affairs of developing countries and disrupt their social stability".

Nigeria saw no reason for its meaning it was unnecessary given all the human right chatters that we have.

China was very explicit in their explanation.

Go and read this book "Confession of an Economic Hitman" -- John Perkins(ex CIA spy). You will never subscribe to anything that has to do with freedom and human right coming from the UN.

I have seen the book.
Could you explain what you have against Freedom and Human Right?
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 12:58am On Nov 27, 2015
Toeyoursea:

The awkward moment when you start rolling with the bad guys. PMB watch-out grin
They have their reasons for voting against it. Don't forget what happened in Lybia all in the name of human rights. That's how Americans behave. They want to poison Russians' mind, in order to fight PUTIN!
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 1:01am On Nov 27, 2015
Maple:

...Which reminds me of the UN resolution that imposed "no-fly zone" over libya to protect "moderate terrorist" fighting Ghaddafi. Because he was so desperate to be on the "good book" of the west, the drunken master of Otueke's govt voted for it. Today we know how that vote was ridiculed by the west to overthrow Ghaddafi, and turned Libya into a failed state. The flow of Libya weapons has caused serious security issues that still haunts many African countries, Nigeria inclusive.

ONCE BEATEN, TWICE SHY! This time around, Nigeria voted wisely!
You get sense jare! BTW, you musn't insult the ex-president in order to make your point. The Lybia incidence was an eye opener.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 1:13am On Nov 27, 2015
I smell WW III approaching. America's aim, is PUTIN. And Russia isn't going to handle it with levity. The only pathetic part is that I will miss my precious premier league football matches. Anyway, the endtime is near! REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 1:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Lilimax:
undecided shocked shocked
I hope those that voted against will not be punished or sanctioned; better still we should have joined those that took the
cowardly position of abstaining embarassed
We have so many teething problems we are battling at the home front as a nation...
You dey mind USA? They don't want to see any nation progress. Try to remember what happened in Lybia. Their next aim is Russia, and it is going to be bloody. Infact, I smell ENDTIME!
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by kayusely: 4:05am On Nov 27, 2015
DickDastardly:
The opposite of Human Right is Buhari angry angry
The wailers have lost every sense of reasoning. Who is minister of foreign affairs and who is nigeria's representative at UN both are igbos so heap the blame on them
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by debaj10: 4:35am On Nov 27, 2015
damton:
Good.

That is when some organizations will begin to raise baseless human right alarm on countries , especially ones fighting insurgency , thereby dampening the morale of gallant troupes.

I'm alarmed at this crassness.
In a nation where police brutality, mob justice, accidental discharge and soldier floggings- special thanks to GMB and WAI- are still rife and even seem to be part of our culture, you excuse is about fighting insurgency and morale?
Do you know how many innocents the Nigerian Army has killed and arrested as 'combatants'?
Even with the FOI bill, we can't get a straight answer from the military about the same troops whose actions you're supposed to be defending- with no idea of what really happened to 105 of them.
And yet you think that this isn't affecting troop morale, but issues like misinformation are less damaging than a UN resolution that seeks to protect YOU from abuse?!

God in heaven, what's wrong with you people?!?
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Montaque:
Is Nnamdi Kanu a human right defender?
I see something in this for him.
The issue of Nnamdi Kanu is totally different from the USA and UN's aim! The vote against it is the best!
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by sweetgala(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2015
[quote]
You are ranting sh*ts. You've got nothing meaningful to say than peddling rumor and displaying your hate for the west while you make use of all they provide for comfort. Some of your family members are even running to the west as they face troubles at home. Stop hating on those nations that are better than yours. Primitive human being![/quote

Go back to sleep maybe you'll wake up on the better side of the bed this time. Rumours , idiot open your eyes libya and Syria are realities ]
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Montaque(m): 7:09am On Nov 27, 2015
IAmTobore:
The issue of Nnamdi Kanu is totally different from the USA and UN's aim! The vote against it is the best!
we will get to know.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Spybradd: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2015
buygala:
hmmm

I have nothing to say embarassed

Sometimes we stand in the house of a coward and point at the ruins of the house where a brave man once lived..... Chinua Achebe (1987)

cc Dele Giwa, Ken Sarowiwa cry cry cry

PMB, We thank you for setting us back 32 years smiley... You and your goons have done very well angry
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by EternalTruths: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2015
buygala:
hmmm

I have nothing to say embarassed

Sometimes we stand in the house of a coward and point at the ruins of the house where a brave man once lived..... Chinua Achebe (1987)

cc Dele Giwa, Ken Sarowiwa cry cry cry

PMB, We thank you for setting us back 32 years smiley... You and your goons have done very well angry

Please it is the fault of the descendants of the fallen angels Oduduwa and Obatala grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives President Museveni Of Uganda At The State House (pics) / Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University Destroyed By Angry Villagers / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.