Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders (23036 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Votes Against Restructuring As It Rejects Devolution Of Powers / Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders / Ex-Governor Goje Forged Assembly's Resolution To Collect N5bn Loan -EFCC Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by AfroKnight: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2015
damton:
Good.

That is when some organizations will begin to raise baseless human right alarm on countries , especially ones fighting insurgency , thereby dampening the morale of gallant troupes.
You are one of the few who really understood the hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2015
chrisxxx:
We miss Goodluck in no small measure. Most people who voted against APC did not do so because of the party or north but because of who the presidential candidate is. APC claims to be progressive but their candidate represents everything retrogressive. The Ibos are not particularly against North or APC but the person of the presidential candidate. The parochial nature and the view of a sectionalism of his person. I doubt if south west will maintain this choice if they have the opportunity again.
At this point, even Goodluck would vote against it. USA wahala don too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by saggybreasts: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2015
OrIandoOwoh:
hmmmmm

lalasticlala FP pls

EndTimePresident

What are you saying? Have you read through at all? Nigeria did the right thing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by logica(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2015
debaj10:

I'm alarmed at this crassness.
In a nation where police brutality, mob justice, accidental discharge and soldier floggings- special thanks to GMB and WAI- are still rife and even seem to be part of our culture, you excuse is about fighting insurgency and morale?
Do you know how many innocents the Nigerian Army has killed and arrested as 'combatants'?
Even with the FOI bill, we can't get a straight answer from the military about the same troops whose actions you're supposed to be defending- with no idea of what really happened to 105 of them.
And yet you think that this isn't affecting troop morale, but issues like misinformation are less damaging than a UN resolution that seeks to protect YOU from abuse?!

God in heaven, what's wrong with you people?!?
Everyday (YES, EVERYDAY) in the USA, a policeman guns down an unarmed civilian (usually) black; now the USA and some of their cronies are offering to protect fighters for human rights yet you don't smell a rat? You mean, the same USA that still hasn't been able to solve the same problem I initially mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by ibkgab001: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Are they yeebos
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by IAmTobore(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2015
lailo:
Those at the helms of affairs understand the implications of the so-called resolution on their country.I want to believe their decision is for the betterment of the country.Unless u sit in dat position,u can't actually tell what we are facing as a country in the hand of UN and other world powers.
You get sense! The issue is even aiming at Russia!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Spybradd: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2015
kayusely:
The wailers have lost every sense of reasoning. Who is minister of foreign affairs and who is nigeria's representative at UN both are igbos so heap the blame on them
how brainless! those guys were appointed by the president and are at his beck and call and fall over themselves to do the bidding of the president,goddammit!
dont tell us u share a pin size fish brain with a certain banana_freako_efilefunChiMp sonofabiitch!
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by jomoh: 9:11am On Nov 27, 2015
FrankAba1:

I have seen the book.
Could you explain what you have against Freedom and Human Right?

First you got things all muddled up, try and read my comment again and please don't quote me out of contest. Its annoying.

I have nothing against it. I only have something against it when its coming from western nations(its in my comment) especially at a time when it is coming without pressing need for it. Its not like people all over the world are being denied their freedom on a large scale(its also in my comment: no pressing/urgent need for it).

We have countless chatters on human rights and freedom so if not for selfish, ulterior motive, what's the need for this one.

Fela sang it over 3decades ago in his album "beast of no nation". See the lyrics.

"Many leaders as you see dem
Na different disguise dem dey oh
Animal in human skin
Animal I put u tie oh
Animal I wear agbada
Animal I put u suit u (2x)

These disguising leaders ee-oh, na wah for dem Dem hold meeting everywhere, dem reach America (2x)

Dem call the place United Nations
Hear oh another animal talk
Wetin united inside United Nations?
Who & who unite for United Nations?
No be there Thatcher & Argentina dey
No be there Reagan & Libya dey
Israel versus Lebanon
Iran-i-oh versus Iraq-i East
West Block versus West Block East
No be there dem dey oh
United Nations
Dis "united" United Nations
One veto vote is equal to 92...or more, or more What kind sense be dat, na animal sense (2x)

[Chorus]
Dem go hold meeting oh,
Dem go start yap human beings
Animal talk don start again
Dash dem human rights (2x)

How animal go know say dem no born me as slave? How animal go know say slave trade don pass?
And, they wan dash us human rights
Animal must talk to human beings
Give dem human rights I beg-I oh,
make you hear me well-u well I beg-I oh,
make you hear me very well

Human rights na my property So therefore, you can't dash me my property
Human rights na my property
Dey wan dash us human rights
Some people say why I dey talk like dis
No be talk like dis dem take to carry me go prison ee-oh"
No be me dey talk, na Prime Minister Botha dey talk ee-oh (2x)

Him say, this uprising will bring out the beast in us This uprising will bring out the beast in us (3x)

Ke ji keke; my argument

Botha na friend to Thatcher & Reagan
Botha na friend to some other leaders too
And together dem wan dash us human rights Animal wan dash us human rights
Animal can't dash me human rights
Animal can't dash us human rights

[Chorus]
Beasts of no nation- Egbe Ke Gbe na bad society Beasts of no nation, Egbe Ke Gbe Beasts of no nation, eturu gbe ke

[Chorus]
Beasts of no nation, Egbe Ke Gbe
Beasts of no nation, eturu gbe ke"

Also if you've read the book and understood it, not just see it, you won't be here asking this question.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by calcal: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2015
Congratulation Mr. GMB for having a voice of your own. Same people that say protect human right defenders are the same people glorifying Nazi! what a shame.
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by Spybradd: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
kayusely:
The wailers have lost every sense of reasoning. Who is minister of foreign affairs and who is nigeria's representative at UN both are igbos so heap the blame on them
how brainless! those guys were appointed by the president and are @his beck and call and fall over themselves to do the bidding of the president,goddammit!
dont tell us u share a pin size fish brain with a certain banana_freako_efilefunChiMp sonofabiitch!
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders by fm7070: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2015
Buhari is unrepentant dictator.
Tinubu supported this guy to sell bunch of lies to Nigerians.
This is backwardness

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University Destroyed By Angry Villagers / Tribunal Grants Ize-iyamu And PDP Order To Inspect Election Materials / President Buhari Receives President Museveni Of Uganda At The State House (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.