Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? (1535 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Dioxidane: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
When a guy and a girl gets close, one of the following happens.

- The first (which is usually the best for both parties) is that both of them develop romantic feelings towards each other. 'Win-Win' situation.

- Or, the guy develops romantic feelings for the girl, but she doesn't feel the same way. In this case, she gives the guy various excuses ranging from 'I have a boyfriend/fiancé', 'I take you as my brother already' (who send you undecided), or she friendzones him covertly or overtly. I'll get back on that last line later.

- The third is that the girl may develop feelings for the guy, but he doesn't feel the same way. In this case, the guy tells the girl plainly that he doesn't have any feelings for her and nothing can ever happen between them (which rarely happens these days, end time guys everywhere), or he 'chops and clean mouth'. This most likely happens in this case. No need to elaborate on this, you should understand.

- The fourth is that they become friends with benefit. Now, this is what most guys want. No emotional strings attached. Just the avenue to straff when and how they want it. And most times, some girls agree to this hoping that after giving the guy the best straffs of his life (**scoffs**), he might begin to develop feelings for them undecided. Unfortunately, that never happens (ok, just a few times). Trust me, I know.

- The fifth scenario is that they become friends. Just platonic friends. No romantic attachment. No romantically tensed up situations. Of course there would be emotional attachment which would make them confide even their deepest thoughts to each other, but that's about it. No straffing, No kissing, No nothing. Ok, just hugs and pecks, at times.

These days though, statistics show that most guys don't want that. They don't want to be 'friendzoned'. And ladies, why would you use that word FRIENDZONE to a guy who is your friend? Personally I love making friends, with females especially, but please don't tell me I've been friendzoned for fear that I may begin to develop romantic feelings for you. Hey, I've already friendzoned you even before you did. I have my girlfriend and you have your boyfriend (or not), which is cool by me. Can't a guy and a lady just be friends?? I just want us to be friends, nothing romantic (at least for now).

Great undecided I don start to dey yarn dust, abeg make I stop for here. Over to you guys/ladies. Do you have a male or female friend that you are 'just friends' with? Any latent feelings for him/her. Share your thoughts.

Dioxidane

2 Likes

Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by lampardizik(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
are you just friends with a member of the opposite sex?
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
They can...

So?.....

The lady below is my heart... Tosyn and wristB stay clear... Awon omo ale jati jati grin
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
That's the easiest thing to do...undecided
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by obiorathesubtle: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Stop trying to understand life, young man!
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Omotayor123(f): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Freemanan:
They can...

So?.....

The lady below is my heart... Tosyn and wristB stay clear... Awon omo ale jati jati grin
shocked undecided
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Omotayor123(f): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
It depends on the guy!
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2015

Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by sluvy4tune(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Keeping a girl as your bestfriend is as good as rearing a chicken in the house

One day you go just Vex Chop am!!!

1 Like

Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by IamLEGEND1: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
sluvy4tune:
Keeping a girl as your bestfriend is as good as rearing a chicken in the house

One day you go just Vex Chop am!!!
get out of my brain mehn
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by kester113(m): 12:04am On Aug 26, 2016
[color=red]
Imaobong,get Me Water
*clears throat**
I nor talk o
#master[color/red]
Cc: Dioxidane
Re: Can't A Guy And A Lady Be Just Friends? by Surfboard(m): 12:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Ere wo ni aja n b'ekun se?

(1) (Reply)

When A Woman Can't Cook / Omg!! See How This Girl Open Her Tin Wide, Click Here To See Photo / Other Than Me. Who Else Had Never Pm Any Lady On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.