Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones (20960 Views)

Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / William-Jennings Jefferson Jailed For Bribing Atiku - Cramjones / Addressing Some Fact Nnamdi Kalu Raised On His Radio Bruhaha - Ayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by maupe: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
olamide215:
One thing the Igalas should know is that God himself is packaging his revenge on them its either they accept their fate now and let another tribe Okun or Ebira take over since all these years they have been ruling the state and it is still one of the most backward.or else the consequences will be deadly.
I hope the mods are seeing this. Last week someone mentioned death in a sentence involving Audu Abubakar, and before we could say Jack, it was announced that Audu was dead. Mods please act on this matter
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by tpiadotcom: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Euro31:
Igalas are wiser now ... I know the wouldn't allow a Yoruba man from Lagos to come and rule them in their land ....

Yorubas in kogi pls respect ur host the igalas... Allow igalas to elect their own in their land .. Steer clear from kogi politics

Yorubas do not have a problem with Igalas electing the governor. Nigeria is for all, common interests supercede personal ambitions.

Some folks on nairaland are typing from youthful exuberance and immature thinking, it doesnt mean they are speaking for all. Their understanding is just immature and neither do they have an indepth knowledge of Yoruba culture. Globalization plus computer is what they know, not cultural norms or politics. The types called "young Turks".

And most of them are not Kogi. The few who are, are misguided.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
CabbieAC:

Sure! we can't just end the whole thing like that

We can even make it better because by then, DAWN will be part of the process

We won't also have to deal with derailers

They agreed to come on this platform? I mentioned it to Lola and she did mention it to Dipo.He hasn't decided as yet though if they will come on undecided.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
quimicababes:

They agreed to come on this platform? I mentioned it to Lola and she did mention it to Dipo.He hasn't decided as yet though if they will come on undecided.

Thanks for inviting Lola.I can tell she's passionate

They said they will give me a call.

I don't even want it to be on this platform.I'm getting irritated by the whole thing
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
CabbieAC:

Thanks for inviting Lola.I can tell she's passionate

They said they will give me a call.

I don't even want it to be on this platform.I'm getting irritated by the whole thing

Yea she knew about the thread when it started but thought it would have been tribalized...she have a blog called theyoruba at wordpress...you can check it out if you care.I don't think this platform is sustainable in the long run...too much pettiness.Anyways....take care.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
quimicababes:

Yea she knew about the thread when it started but thought it would have been tribalized...she have a blog called theyoruba at wordpress...you can check it out if you care.I don't think this platform is sustainable in the long run...too much pettiness.Anyways....take care.

Wow! really? Does she have an account here?

I'll check the blog anyways but I think I'm familiar with it

Is it this?

https://eccentricyoruba./

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
CabbieAC:

Wow! really? Does she have an account here?

I'll check the blog anyways but I think I'm familiar with it

Is it this?

https://eccentricyoruba./

guest...she finds it have too much trolls and is too rowdy lol undecided

https://theyoruba./
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
quimicababes:

guest...she finds it have too much trolls and is too rowdy lol undecided

https://theyoruba./

Bbbeautiful! the blog looks really good

She seems knowledgeable too regarding all things Yoruba.

The next thing now is to create an alternative so she can join us there
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
CabbieAC:

Bbbeautiful! the blog looks really good

She seems knowledgeable too regarding all things Yoruba.

The next thing now is to create an alternative so she can join us there

or you can add her on fb but u sabi hide jah grin....dunno if u feel ppl go eat u lol. na u sabi undecided
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2015
quimicababes:

or you can add her on fb but u sabi hide jah grin....dunno if u feel ppl go eat u lol. na u sabi undecided

Loooooool grin I'll do that one of these days wink
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 27, 2015
CabbieAC:

Loooooool grin I'll do that one of these days wink

sounds like a case when cock get teeth grin tongue
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On Nov 27, 2015
To avoid crisis the choice of young Audu might be the only solution. It is believed in Igalaland that Audu was murdered to covertly install his minority deputy and to percify them a compromise must be reached.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2015
quimicababes:

sounds like a case when cock get teeth grin tongue

Hahaha! you no well! tongue grin There are a lot of people looking for me on facebook especially old friends and colleagues
so I try to keep it lowkey.I don't know you/Lola from anywhere so I'm safe

Then there are those who just want to know me.I don recieve pms tire grin

Anyways I'm just waiting for Shymm3x's response

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2015
CabbieAC:

Hahaha! you no well! tongue grin There are a lot of people looking for me on facebook especially old friends and colleagues
so I try to keep it lowkey.I don't know you/Lola from anywhere so I'm safe

Then there are those who just want to know me.I don recieve pms tire grin

Anyways I'm just waiting for Shymm3x's response

I hear you sir....take care. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by funmi4love(f): 3:54am On Nov 27, 2015
Euro31:
Igalas are wiser now ... I know the wouldn't allow a Yoruba man from Lagos to come and rule them in their land ....

Yorubas in kogi pls respect ur host the igalas... Allow igalas to elect their own in their land .. Steer clear from kogi politics
kogi belongs to igala, ebira, okun(d yoruba speaking people) and some others tribe and since creation the igalas have been ruling, now is the time for kogi to experience a CHANGE and faleke we know if the late Audu is a good politician that does not make his son to be and moreover is not AUDU family title
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by ibisko04: 4:21am On Nov 27, 2015
Euro31:

Equality before the law
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by apolonius(m): 6:05am On Nov 27, 2015
Yes, let a purposive reading of the electoral laws and the constitution prevail in favor of Faleke.

Op, I must add that, for us Kogites, Abubakar Audu was a star performer and remains the leader who hurriedly took Kogi state from its dark village status to a thriving state.

He was an egomaniac and an imperfect leader, yet he gave us visionary leadership.

Just thought the attempts to devalue what he represented should be corrected.smiley

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by frankyychiji(f): 6:10am On Nov 27, 2015
fromnigeria:

One reason Faleke is not eligible is because of his root. APC will never win (thats if they were going...) with Faleke as flag bearer
Apc will never win in an election they have already won? Read the post again.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by aflame100(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2015
political position is not hereditary. let the people decide who govern them. and above all let the rule of law b strictly be adhered .
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by rhymaholic: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2015
cramjones:
The events that have taken place in Kogi state gives credence to the rot and capriciousness that characterizes the Nigerian political space! In the words of the great Chinua Achebe, there was indeed a country!

Permit me again, to express my condolence to the Audu family, even though I give him and owe him no eulogies for the begger status he brought Kogi citizens into while he governed. His most notable acheivement for the much I remember is owning a house next to that of Michael Jordan. Haven said that, I find it preproterous that the APC in Kogi state intends installing a younger Audu to be the candidate. This simply shows the following:

1. The reason for a deputy governor or vice president, is mainly to have someone capable of governing affairs of a state or nation in the absence of the principal. The fact that Faleke is not seen fit to take over that mantle, shows that he was only taken by Audu to be his stooge while the looting continues. Why take someone as a deputy governor that you have no confidence in?

2. The APC in Kogi state has no constitutional right to install another replacement. According to law, they are either to conduct another primary or let Faleke be the front runnter. I understand the constitution in this matter is very murky and there is nothing spelt out in the 1999 constitution to guide the actions of the APC. Nevertheless, the people of Kogi must resist the younger Audu and the hegemony that is about to be imposed on them.

3. The Nigerian police should look into the accusation of rape by the Audu's and recover the N11 billion alleged to have been looted by the old Audu. We either have laws or we don't have a country. PMB must lend his voice to this mess.

4. I hope the 17 year old girl (wife) that has been taken advantage of act as a good step mother to the 43 year old Audu and advice him to sheet his swords and step down. Regardless, except the Kogi people are foolish - they must resist such blatant arrogance and hegemonic tendencies by the Audus, and make their state great again!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

lol.. This is 100. The innuendo, the sarcasm in the write up. Well written. Well said. Thank you CramJones.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by martineverest(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2015
joshuaidibia:
They should let him na. since kogi people juju don turn their brain to fufu angry . And they should let the young widow marry his son,so she will be first Harlot of the state. angry mtcheeww. EndTime state
lwkmd...u don join the end time crew
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by anumide(f): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2015
Adeyinka12:
werey maati kolu eleyi. You need fever herbs
is fever herb the cure for insanity?
grin grin
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by udeh3(m): 7:45am On Nov 27, 2015
damton:
h

There is nothing like respecting your host for the yorubas in kogi.

Just so you know, kogi is made up of 3 major ethnic groups which are the igalas, the ebira and the okuns (The yoruba speaking group).

Hence , what qualifies the igala man , qualifies the okun I.e yoruba. to aspire to be the Governor of t he state.

We are talking about leadership and good governance here... This is not a tribalistic role, It's a call for service, if this statement is right, then why coming up with the Igalas, Okuns and the rest. How do we even grow or develop into a state we all dreamt of if this tribalistic altitude is seen in us?

You just mention about 3 major tribes in Kogi state, that implies that there are minor tribes too... So what happens if someone that is very and has the mantle to deliver comes from the So called minority? I just imagin if Obama was to contest an election here in Nigeria knowing fully well his father was from Kenya!

Tribe don't rule... We all should communicate Peace, Love and Oneness if we must live the Nigeria of our dream

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by armadeo(m): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2015
jkareem44 post=40438000[s:
]Some people are just talking rubish here, if Audu died, the second person that follow Audu during the primary take over since the winner has not declear by inec, faleke did not contest for the governor he is only a choosing running mate.
[/s]

Rubbish.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by Xtfield(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2015
cramjones:
The events that have taken place in Kogi state gives credence to the rot and capriciousness that characterizes the Nigerian political space! In the words of the great Chinua Achebe, there was indeed a country!

Permit me again, to express my condolence to the Audu family, even though I give him and owe him no eulogies for the begger status he brought Kogi citizens into while he governed. His most notable acheivement for the much I remember is owning a house next to that of Michael Jordan. Haven said that, I find it preproterous that the APC in Kogi state intends installing a younger Audu to be the candidate. This simply shows the following:

1. The reason for a deputy governor or vice president, is mainly to have someone capable of governing affairs of a state or nation in the absence of the principal. The fact that Faleke is not seen fit to take over that mantle, shows that he was only taken by Audu to be his stooge while the looting continues. Why take someone as a deputy governor that you have no confidence in?

2. The APC in Kogi state has no constitutional right to install another replacement. According to law, they are either to conduct another primary or let Faleke be the front runnter. I understand the constitution in this matter is very murky and there is nothing spelt out in the 1999 constitution to guide the actions of the APC. Nevertheless, the people of Kogi must resist the younger Audu and the hegemony that is about to be imposed on them.

3. The Nigerian police should look into the accusation of rape by the Audu's and recover the N11 billion alleged to have been looted by the old Audu. We either have laws or we don't have a country. PMB must lend his voice to this mess.

4. I hope the 17 year old girl (wife) that has been taken advantage of act as a good step mother to the 43 year old Audu and advice him to sheet his swords and step down. Regardless, except the Kogi people are foolish - they must resist such blatant arrogance and hegemonic tendencies by the Audus, and make their state great again!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

I agree with you that Faleke should be allowed to step in but it will be suicidal for APC. They will most likely lose the supplementary election as the deciding votes will come from Igalaland. In politics, morality is often sacrificed for expediency. This happens not only in Nigeria. PDP lost the 2015 Presidential election because they did not learn this early enough. If PDP had sacrificed Jonathan for a Northern candidate, they would have defeated APC, forget all those talk about corruption and the like. So the options for APC are simple. Present Faleke and lose or sacrifice Faleke and pick the younger Audu so they can win sympathy vote to drive a final knell into the coffin of PDP in Kogi State.

So what do we learn from all these? I think we should begin to beam our searchlights on the process of selecting a running mate. As it is now, not much attention is given to this all important office. No one thinks about what will happen if the principal (governor) is incapacitated thus paving way for the deputy to become the governor. Maybe the electoral act should be ammended so whoever comes second in the primary automatically becomes the running mate. As it is now, the deputy was not subjected to popularity test within the party, so how can he command the respect of other party members when he was Audu's candidate. I don't know if I've made any sense at all but these are my views. thank you

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by joshuaidibia(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2015
martineverest:
lwkmd...u don join the end time crew
lol. u knw say e don tay me comment.. this Audu mata just dey boil me like kettle.
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by mondob2k(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2015
Vanquay:
My dad Is from kogi lemme seek his opinion

Modified: HE DOESN'T GIVE A FVCK
APC IS A SCAM undecided

Children of nowadays! Your Dad is from Kogi and u r from where?
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by anumide(f): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2015
shocked shocked cramjones, you mean that girl is only 17 years old? obara chisos!!!
Re: My Take On The Political Bruhaha In Kogi State - Cramjones by AngryNigerian(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2015
Welcome the world of #ANGRYNIGERIANS

Welcome, my multiplet brother!!!

odinese:
.Nigeria is one of-the most stupidest country on earth..

Do they as actually think this is nollywood where you install the son of the igwe when the father dies?...

C'mon youths, y'all can do this...get up and show these stupid old men parties that y'all are stronger than them, Nigeria is a rotting country... Get up and create a new Nigeria. ..kills these old assholes and let the educated youths rule the country.. .if you don't do so, sorry these old niggies don't give 3fucks abt you guys.

You guys can even kill buhari if possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Campaigns In Kwara State (Photos, Videos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Collects His PVC (Photos & Videos) / Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.