Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] (9044 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides / Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 12:21am On Nov 09, 2016
I have been going over this board from day to day without really contributing, reason because most of the topics are either irrelevant to me [doesn't concern or tickles my curiosity] or it is simply cliche - something i have gone over time and again during my "very active days"

So it all seem boring and uninteresting to me and i yearn for some fun here at least something intellectually, philosophically challenging.

I remember as a kid in primary 6 i always thought teachers to be more important than Doctors, i still do actually but during our school debate my teacher made me argue for Doctors.

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread, lets for once leave our comfort normal zone and argue from opposite perspective than we normally do - lets swap role.

The debate is

Does God exist?

The idea is that someone who do not believe in God would swap role and argue that God exists with his points and same Goes for someone who hold a belief in Gods - lets see how well we do it out of our comfort zone wink

This is sorely an intellectual exercise, just to do something differently for fun - so arguing for God or opposite does not affect or change your default position..

To start - first state your default position and then state the position you'd argue for in this thread..

I'm hoping to have real fun here!!!

For the people in Enugu, there is a live debate by thinkers Pub hosted by MrAnony on this same topic [Does God exist?], i will debate live on that day [As an atheist this time cheesy]

If you'd like to see me argue live and get to see a smashing debate, you are free to come and watch.

Date : 10th November 2016
Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant independence Layout Enugu
Time: 6pm prompt]

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2016
Let me set the ball rolling.

I am an atheist, i do not believe in the existene of any deity and my arguments in this thread is sorely an intellectual exercise in no way does it affect my position as an atheistn

So for this thread i will argue that "God(s) exist"...
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 09, 2016
As per logic, no being can prove gods existence... Thy all depend on faith to prove his existence
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 09, 2016
I don't think my rational mind would be able to conjure a tenable argument in favor of theism that wouldn't be patently irrational and reeking with logical flaws and rankling sentiments, but I'll try.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2016
krattoss:
As per logic, no being can prove gods existence... Thy all depend on faith to prove his existence

Agreed but this is an intellectual exercise, a thought experiment, somewhat of rational speculative arguments. . . So ?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
I don't think my rational mind would be able to conjure a tenable argument in favor of theism that wouldn't be patently irrational and reeking with logical flaws and rankling sentiments, but I'll try.

Good one bro... We now have two atheists who will argue for God(s) now waiting for the opposing side wink
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DoctorAlien(m): 12:44am On Nov 09, 2016
I hope any Christian doesn't fall for this.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by freesinzu(m): 12:45am On Nov 09, 2016
I believe in god as a supreme entity that created the heaven and the earth, its just unethical for someone not to

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 12:59am On Nov 09, 2016
DoctorAlien:
I hope any Christian doesn't fall for this.

Obviously many Christians, muslims and atheists etc will be too scared to engage in such exercise - i understand your sentiment

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DoctorAlien(m): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Obviously many Christians, muslims and atheists etc will be too scared to engage in such exercise - i understand your sentiment

I'm happy that you indicated that that was just your own understanding of my statement.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Redlyn: 1:24am On Nov 09, 2016
I was going to play but I can't come up with a proper argument why a God Must necessarily exist.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 2:10am On Nov 09, 2016
Redlyn:
I was going to play but I can't come up with a proper argument why a God Must necessarily exist.

You are also free to play the atheist part..
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Good one bro... We now have two atheists who will argue for God(s) now waiting for the opposing side wink
Hmmm! lets see what i can get up my sleeves, lets play this game. I am the new Richard Dawkins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Hmmm! lets see what i can get up my sleeves, lets play this game. I am the new Richard Dawkins.

I knew if someone could be up to it, it would be my friendordnicklaus. . . Careful i can also be formidable as a theist wink
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2016
This is interesting!
I would argue for the existence of god
I'm a deist, so the god in question is more of a deity. Yahweh preferably wink
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2016
4kings:
This is interesting!
I would argue for the existence of god
I'm a deist, so the god in question is more of a deity. Yahweh preferably wink

If you limit god to one deity it becomes stale and weak, preferrably assume a God unlimited in concept ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

If you limit god to one deity it becomes stale and weak, preferrably assume a God unlimited in concept ..
OK
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

For the people in Enugu, there is a live debate by thinkers Pub hosted by MrAnony on this same topic [Does God exist?], i will debate live on that day [As an atheist this time cheesy]

If you'd like to see me argue live and get to see a smashing debate, you are free to come and watch.

Date : 10th October 2016
Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant independence Layout Enugu
Time: 6pm prompt]
I would have loved to attends such a debate. Why dont you guys record videos, or at least audios, and post it online? It would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2016
LoJ:

I would have love to attends such a debate. Why dont you guys record videos, or at least audios, and post it online? It would be much appreciated.

I think they do record videos, hopefully for this one... if that be, i'll try and get the video and upload.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by ValentineMary(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
I don show. I'm a theist on this thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by promise10: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
I am an atheist on this thread!
Let's get things started!

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by SeunLanLege(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
I originally wanted to argue as theist, then I typed some arguments but kept clearing them because they were very illogical.

In the end, I couldn't come up with a good argument for the existence of deities and I've decided to just watch this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by promise10: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
In this thread, though I am a theist but will take the position of an atheist.
Mind you; my stand will be based on HONESTY!
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by promise10: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
In this thread, though I am a theist but will take the position of an atheist.

Mind you; my stand will be based on HONESTY, not withstanding my atheistic stand in it.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Wilgrea7(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
I'll play the atheist

ok

i don't believe God exists... i will reject all evidence i see no mater how logical it is... the dna is the starting point of life which came from nothing and completely programmed itself... nothing has the tendency to create something out with order. all we see is the physical and there is nothing like spiritual... just your mind playing tricks on you.. there is nothing like miracles even if i were to see one live... I'm too dumb... i mean.. wise to be fooled by tricks. i don't believe in supernatural planes and all who believe in a sort of deity are deluded or religiously blinded... no amount of proof will make me believe.. they're all lies according to me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by promise10: 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wilgrea7:
I'll play the atheist

ok

i don't believe God exists... i will reject all evidence i see no mater how logical it is... the dna is the starting point of life which came from nothing and completely programmed itself... nothing has the tendency to create something out with order. all we see is the physical and there is nothing like spiritual... just your mind playing tricks on you.. there is nothing like miracles even if i were to see one live... I'm too dumb... i mean.. wise to be fooled by tricks. i don't believe in supernatural planes and all who believe in a sort of deity are deluded or religiously blinded... no amount of proof will make me believe.. they're all lies according to me
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

That's a typical self deluded atheistic way of understanding topics like theism/atheism.

Bro, let's play their role today!

I will show them how honest atheists show argue!

Not all these NL hypocritical argument that is borne out of personal experiences, hates, bigotry, false claim of self intelligence and sentiments.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wilgrea7:
I'll play the atheist

ok

ok
You would reject all evidence you see.
Denialism is a person's choice to deny reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. tongue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Wilgrea7(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
4kings:

ok
You would reject all evidence you see.
Denialism is a person's choice to deny reality, as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. tongue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism

Exactly... its typical of most NL atheists .. so I'll be playing the NL atheist

tongue

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wilgrea7:

Exactly... its typical of most NL atheists .. so I'll be playing the NL atheist

tongue
The idea is that someone who do not believe in God would swap role and argue that God exists with his points and same Goes for someone who hold a belief in Gods
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonofluc1fer: 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Should be fun. I will be theist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wilgrea7:
I'll play the atheist

ok

Ka boom !

Woah !

Let me add to that :

As an atheist ,you have no moral compass since you believe the supposed source of morality , God , does not exist

i) You can kill with no moral scruples like the communists because you subscribe to subjective morality :
https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because
https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous
https://www.nairaland.com/3283286/communist-leaders-atheists-there-difference

ii) As an atheist , you present specious illogical tenuous arguments suffused with logical fallacies all the time
https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

ii) Is incest right or wrong ? You can't actually say . And if you do ,you have no cogent reason to buttress your opinion
https://www.nairaland.com/3202859/nairaland-atheists-incest-right-wrong

iv) Sleeping with animals ? You see nothing wrong with that
https://www.nairaland.com/3246878/nairaland-atheists-bestiality-right-wrong

v) As an atheist , you achieve so little because you believe life is meaningless and purposeless

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism
https://www.nairaland.com/3299993/what-prominent-achievements-made-atheists

vi) As an atheist , you can't differentiate between a personal God and impersonal God . You can't even comprehend the arguments for and against those beliefs .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_god
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

vii) As an atheist , you fail to understand that atheism simply means no gods and you can hold whatever beliefs you want
https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo

viii) As an atheist , you are close-minded and reject whatever adduced to support the existence of a personal God
https://www.nairaland.com/3228922/32-reasons-why-continue-believe

ix) As an atheist , you believe that theories propounded to explain the existence of the universe , its complexity and the diversity of life impugn the existence of a creator . grin

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
I will be waiting for the arguments..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation / Happy New Year / [dp] Muharram 2015 Profile Pics - Ya Hussain Dp Photos For Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.