Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16958 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2007
i've configured this hell of a thing user name password apn etc its all there
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayprof(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2007
@Adewale just get an Admin as cabali said ok?
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
ok so where can i get an admin cause i don't understand o
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayprof(m): 4:04am On Jan 20, 2007
If you cant find one check the cafe for one undecided
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by pannyman(m): 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2007
Hi guys,
Aren't we losing sight of the topic here?i.e. Celtel bashing. lol.I am personally of the opinion that the people at Celtel have taken leave of common sense and abandoned competition.They are ignoring GSM gladiators like MTN and Glo only at their peril not to talk of taking their subs for granted. Meanwhile i am taking full advantage of all the money-saving tricks offered by Glo and MTN. Also i avoid calling Celtel subs unless it is absolutely necessary. My celtel line is only good for the free SMS it offers me. I wonder whether sending free SMS will keep me on the network. Oh well, who cares?  grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ceejay963(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2007
Please take it easy with celtel I guess in this game they have their plan
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by pannyman(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2007
Sure they do. To drain the pockets of Nigerians. Only in Nigeria do customers defend defend their exploiters.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2007
well, grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayprof(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2007
Well cheesy
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2007
I think after the upgrade they say they are doing there is going to be charging on their gprs service, CELTEL!

Or they will allow another 3 months, maybe. the upgrade has been for too long and it could be that the end of it will be great smiley
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 3:53am On Jan 24, 2007
Celtel has been a disappointment since they bought Vmobile because they seem not to understand business strategy. I loved them when they used to be Vmobile, but since they were bought over by those celtel clowns, things have gotten so bad with them loosing customers that Vmobile struggled to maintain. Besides, free gprs is ending soon. so long to the celtel diehards, i wonder what you guys will do without free gprs now.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by wormedup(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2007
drogba, i wonder what YOU will do without free gprs grin

anyways, free gprs ends tomorrow 25th of january 2007.
we'll just look out for their next step. cool
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Wilfem(m): 12:04am On Jan 25, 2007
Abi! I wonder O!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 6:19am On Jan 25, 2007
It's you guys that I wonder about because I actually don't rely on free GPRS. I have glo, MTN and Multilinks that I use for browsing regularly.
I'm also about to subscribe to MTN extravalue (postpaid) that offers you unlimited GPRS at =N=12,000 per month.
I just wonder how regular some guys that completely depend on celtel GPRS will be on this forum once they start charging today.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by gbadex1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2007
Actually, i'm still browsing free of charge. . .
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by serubawon(m): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2007
I really used to love celtel/vmobile/econet and i've been using this line since 2001 and nothing else. But honestly, i'm completely out of reasons on why i should continue using celtel. Now that they have officially stopped the free gprs internet service (which was the only thing i was enjoying from them anyway), i'm seriously thinking of shifting to glo. I really don't know what kind of business strategy they are using, but it's failing BIG TIME!!! undecided
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by yahoo2(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2007
Browsing is still free till now but once they start charging, i ll throw their sim away because its useless
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by yahoo2(m): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2007
Browsing is still free till now but once they start charging, i ll throw their sim away because its useless
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2007
If they make a stupid mistake and dare charge me a kobo, I'll just burn their SIM card immediately cos these celtel clowns don't offer me any reason to be on their network apart from the free GPRS. Once they yank GPRS off, I'm gone for good.

I wonder why I call celtel numbers and it keeps saying "not responding" when I know the guys phone is on and working?
Fake network!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayprof(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2007
@drogba, -think man
D celtel nos u tried calling r not responding cos they r busy using d "Free Gprs" jst like U. -lol.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 2:34am On Jan 27, 2007
For your information, free gprs is definitely not responsible for the not responding problem of celtel. Most people i call dont even use or know what gprs is. Some even use nokia 3310 that doesn't have gprs capabilities. Besides, this not responding wahala was occuring back in the days when gprs wasn't even available on former econet & vmobile. Obviously, there's something else responsible for this because other networks dont have this problem.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 9:22am On Jan 27, 2007
Very funny posts all 'o y'all grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2007
Celtel GPRS available for postpaid subs for now for 10k per KB. thats the cheapest around right?
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2007
cabali:

Celtel GPRS available for postpaid subs for now for 10k per KB. thats the cheapest around right?
Says who?

MTN and glo offer unlimited GPRS for =N=12,000 per month. If you calculate the celtel rate at 10k per kb, you would have exhaust =N=12,000 by downloading only 120MB which is less than half of what I download daily. To download only one Mp3 song might even cost you nothing less than =N=500.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Slycks(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2007
Estimator wink
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2007
They are recruiting call center executives, IT executives etc etc etc.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2007
what has that gat to do with our browsing
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by anusule(m): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2007
see hen, for now o, celtel is still d best. come, if they start charging for gprs, i will fry this sim.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by texazzpete(m): 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2007
drogba:

Says who?

MTN and glo offer unlimited GPRS for =N=12,000 per month. If you calculate the celtel rate at 10k per kb, you would have exhaust =N=12,000 by downloading only 120MB which is less than half of what I download daily. To download only one Mp3 song might even cost you nothing less than =N=500.

You download over 320MB daily with a GPRS connection in naija? Stop deceiving yourself!

Anyway, most people usually chat with Agile messenger or IM+, and a chat message is usually far less than 1KB. ergo, you can chat for 30 mins and pay less than 10 naira
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2007
texazzpete:

You download over 320MB daily with a GPRS connection in naija? Stop deceiving yourself!
I know what I'm saying man. On a good day, I download over 200Mb daily with 2 celtel SIM cards on 2 seperate computers with the aid of DAP which speeds up the downloads.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2007
No wonder u do the math!! Glo browses with 70k per KB I wonder how thats less expensive than Celtel.

The calculations u did earlier, try it again with 70k pkb as constant and dont tell me the result cos I know!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2007
The 70k per kb is on glo prepaid.

Glo postpaid offers unlimited GPRS like MTN for 12k per month too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Need Help With My Opera Mini 4.2 Multi / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / Application Not Downloading On Blackmart App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.