Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16955 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2006
yeah really!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dennylove(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2006
i thought, i was the only one FEELING THE PAIN,since, Vmobile became Celtel, thingS turned out to be WORST, can't imagine what is causing all this,THEY ADVERTISE AND SAY THINGS, THEY ARE NOT SURE OF DOING.
well, i think is time to tell them to WAKE UP FROM THEIR SLUMBER before is too late.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by yemmydavid(m): 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2006
@ cabali
celtel is not d 1st to launch the 3G tin,Glo did that like two months ago.its been launched on the island and in abuja. their technical parther in the 3G tin is ALCATEL .

@ oracle
u can browse with your fone usin any network if ur fone has d facility for it.all u need do is call customer care of the network u use and ask dem to seend u the gprs settings.u ca have more than one on your fone. like myself,i have for mtn n for celtel.wen i put any of them in the fone,all i need do is go to the internet options on my fone and change the settings to that of celtel or mtn.

mtn dey collect cash o,

if u are havin a problem browsin wit ur celtel line, not to worry,i spoke wit a customer care agent last week and she said they are workin on it and would inform us wen they are tru
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Saddam: 3:46am On Nov 11, 2006
Celtel is feeling dizzy
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by KOSOKO(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2006
Actuali celtel is doin real poor lately i nomali browse 4rm my fone when vmobile was around but they jst stoped and al they are about now is they re upgradin and dey dont know when they wil be thru.sincerely speakin mtn is makin life beta cos i jst risivd my gprs setins this mornin and im conected agaiin!missed the forum big time,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by celemel(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2006
CelTel is an embarrassment to all the pundits who routed for them from the start.  My first love was Econet, then Vodacom, then Vmobile until it became Celtel. Since 2001, I've kept faith with these dudes but I have been completely let down by their present posturing.  They have finally forced me to willy-nilly abandon my beloved Econet line for MTN because of the insensitivity of the management of Celtel to the feelings of the nigerian market.  Initially, I was spending an average of 15k to run my celtel line per month!  Now, I am down to about 6k a month on MTN, and I even call more and longer than what I used to, on Celtel.  This gives me an average net-saving of 9k a month!  Wth my 3 family and friends numbers on tne MTN XtraConnect package, I feel great and happy.  Celtel would need to do the extra-ordinary, to get me back on their network.  This makes me sad, bt I must first take care of my pocket before I care about CelTel.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by yemmydavid(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2006
we too like awoof for nigeria sef,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Meedu(m): 2:02am On Nov 12, 2006
celtel is really messing up, i wonder how long is "soon" people @ places like lagos boast bout free browsin for 2yrs, but here in da north its just a dream.i look on friends and relatives browsing with mtn's & glo's. anyway am ok with my starcomm that offers me all the services i need and lowest tariffs
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by messiah(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2006
i cudnt help puttin' down somthin on this thread. reali,it's tym celtel med us "feel" dier presence. i've bn a loyal customer 4 long & my patience is runnin' out coupled wit d freebies my friends on oda netwrks r enjoyin'. dey've persuaded me 2 migrate 2 oda better(?) netwrks bt i kep my trust in v-mobile (oh sori,celtel!) & i assured u it hasnt bn easy!
as 4 d gprs,i'm told it's only residents of lagos,p/h & proabably abj r enjoyin' it. do dey tink ALL nigerians live in dese cities? wot abt oda mega cities like ibadan,kano & kaduna (where i live).
out of my rapidly depleting patience,i've given celtel till 1st Jan. 2 do somthin,or i'll be wit d Y'ellow or Green guys, & dat's not bluffin'.
if celtel has any "promo" in appreciatn 2 it's dedicated subscribers,it's long overdue 2 unfold it now. no oda tym cud've bn mor appropriate.
d temptatn 2 migrate 2 oda netwrks is jst gettin stronger by d day,
i hope som1 is out dere listenin,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2006
I made a very bad mistake last week by loading my vmobile set with five hundred naira. After using up their 6 free sms, its like that is all there is to it. There is no gprs service is the whole of the university of port harcourt and when i tried calling their customer care, all their agents where busy. The who can be a millionaire they had before; MTN came and chanced them, they certainly need some help from guys like me who will help them out with sound ideas but for a fee. I have an MTN and a GLO set and i must confess MTN is certainly in the drivers seat with GLO dangling on the bumper trying so hard to enter the boot. Celtel and Mtel are at the cementary with MTEL 6 foot below and CELTEL crying by the grave believing a miracle will happen.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2006
Hey guys! I want y'all to put faith in celtel cuz it's here to stay. Infact, you don't need to be told that it's the best network in Nigeria.

NO DIGGITY, NO DOUBT!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by hayo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2006
Some questions guys, and please anwer them fairly -
Why did MTN and Glo launched Happy Hour?
Why did MTN and Glo decided to make customer care call free after so long?
Why did they both reduce their on net call and on net SMS?
One answer - Celtel
Both networks are actually reaping the seed of the happy hour promo now. It is not rocket science to note that more stress is being expended on their switches and other infrastructures and that is making normal day calls to have problems. Celtel under their previous names have been the best when it comes to satisfying customer complaints; this is not about to stop just now. Celtel is not ready to be reactionary like the others, they really want to take their time to bring out incentives that will be more relevant than midnight calls.
Concerning free SMS, someone already said the truth - 12 free SMS were supposed to end in Sept 2006, this was d idea from the start, but u know we all like free things and believe me, this can be sent to other networks unlike some other free SMS we know about. When Celtel came, they decided it is not good to just cut it and so reduced it to 6. One thing I am so sure of is that a lot of things will be happening very soon and loyal customers will have a reason to smile. Concerning new technologies, the first 3G video call and 3G GPRS was done on Celtel network with trials in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt.
And presently, Celtel is focused on rapid expansion and by March 2007 seeks to cover all the areas they have not been before. Also, GPRS is presently enabled in Lagos, Ibadan, Porthacourt, Abuja, Calabar, Uyo, Ikot, Asaba, Benin, e.tc as opposed to the former claim that it is only in few places. By mid-2007, almot every place in the country will have GPRS coverage as part of the ongoing aggressive roll-out. Note that Celtel staff are currently on a no-leave basis just to make sure the network catches up especially in rollout.
How do I know all these? Yes I work with the company, but I am not in PR or Customer care so these views are not the company's stand on these matters but an honest assessment of the present situation. I can assure all Celtel subscribers that our own Happy Hour will not have to be in the night. He who laughs last laughs longer.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2006
@hayo, you've said it all
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2006
Celtel is a lot different from Vmobile that had a customer service culture and listened to the populace. I particularly liked their slogan "It's all about you", which projected their dedication to the service culture. I believe the strategy that Celtel is trying to adopt is quite different from Vmobile's. They came in by trying to make life better for us but did the opposite. If you all can remember, there was some package that was known as Vstep on Vmobile which used to be very attractive and good for medium callers which Celtel yanked off immediately they came in. They increased their on-net/off-net tariff to a flat fee of 0.77kobo/sec, that was what really put me off Celtel completely. I've since switched to MTN and flushed my Celtel SIM because they don't have any innovation or things to offer. Their adverts and commercials are East African, so fake, boring with weird colors.

Celtel has been operating in East African countries where competition doesn't exist like in the Nigerian market and they are trying to import the same strategy, it just won't work and I'm sure their bottom line will start taking a hit just like Mtel. Once you are not reactive and start loosing loyal customers, its always difficult to get them back. I wish celtel all the best as they struggle in the Nigerian market.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2006
U r just ignorant of what is up! the tariffs are the same. The flat rate is only for those who choose it! so if u did then u needed it
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by celemel(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2006
@ Cabali
Is there anything u know, which we don't?  Please reveal o!

@ Hayo

Who go talk say im mama soup no sweet?  You better go tell Celtel (or whatever is their $h*t name) that they have already lost a big chunk of their dedicated and loyal customers due to their sluggishness, to competition.  Take it or leave it, if they don't wake up quickly from their long-drawn sleep, they would wake up to find themselves in the same bed as Mtel.  Everybody I knew, who was on Vmobile, is now on MTN.  My entire family was 100% Vmobile, now we are 101% MTN.  They came to Nigeria, making all sorts of noise, promising to crash tariffs and build networks even in my mother's soup pot.  They sent jitters down the spins of Glo and MTN.  They reacted by crashing their tariffs, believing wrongly that Celtel was a bulldog.  Today, we know better.  Am sure, even MTN and Glo must have started regretting why they overrated the capability of Celtel.   No one should decieve us.  Celtel is a toothless bulldog.  More barks; no bite!  To hell with them.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2006
Omg! All these for celtel. Na true sha.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2006
but celtel no dey try o; i have migrated many of their clients to MTN.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2006
By the time Celtel wakes up from their slumber, its only people that use GPRS that will still be holding on to their SIM cards. Even the GPRS users don't load credit.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by bamdil(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2006
It is so disheartening that Celtel can't afford to do affordable promos instead they embarked upon costly promo, which as at this time of their life in Nigeria is not useful. They ought to embark upon the promos that will make the general public to rush to the network. Still yet Celtel do offers good service to their subscribers. Though for me I don buy both MTN and Glo line to be using for night calls.
If they no give out free calls from 10:30 in the 9t to 6 in the morning, nobody will migrate to Celtel grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Mystique(f): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2006
@ Topic: thot i was the only one that noticed, i'm seroiusly considering throwing away my celtel line, and pickin an mtn (already hav a glo)
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Bishop4u(m): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2006
yeal dats true but you have to help yourself first. think fast
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Freestyl(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2006
I will advice you stop wasting your fucking time with Celtel, all you need do is get a glo line and Glo with Pride. You will also see yourself smiling everyday both day and night times. best of luck.

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by candylips(m): 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2006
nice marketing for Glo there wink
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ronnieslimz(f): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2006
4real i love vmobile than any other network, everyone in my house and office are on the network including

most of my friends,

even few of friends who don't use it always wonder why vmobile is so special to me

back then it was interesting to be on the network, with 12 free sms monthly to any other network

free usage of gprs and mms, retrieval of lost sim card for free, and so many others,

but now(on turning to celtel) i'm pissed me off, really i wasn't really bothered about 12 free sms being reduced to six

but the fact that i can no more browse on my phone made me go weird, presently i've got an mtn line

cos i can't stand the whole mess, ofcourse i will always come back if they've got to offer something better

heard they're coming up with the 3G whatever, but untill then, ITS MY M.T.N!!!!! Haha,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by vassilli(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2006
i vry mch agree it u
celtel is not living up to
xpectatns after rebrandin for 4 tyms now
i believe in their company
lets give'em d grace
their xcuse will b rebrandin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ronnieslimz(f): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2006
alright sha!!!!!!

expecting a change!!!
[b][/b]
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2006
@yemmydavid
1st of glo could not have launched 3g cos ncc has not given approval to anyone. This isnt blackberry dawg.

u say the have tested in lagos island and abuja?

celtel has tested in abuja, portharcourt and the entire lagos. I repeat the y are the

[b][/b]I repeat! celtel is the only one at NCC's doorsteps waiting for 3G licensing!!!!! go get ur facts right man!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by olta(m): 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2006
Gee, I can see we have a lot of BATS in the house and a lot of Jobless bats for that matter. Jeez what on earth am I doing with free mid nite calls when I supposed to enjoy my sleep , By the way, half the guy that remove their celtel sims for the midnight calls end up putting it back in the morning after being frustrated with the eMTNess service and GLO by force.
But I must give it to Glo at least they are more original as they at least they started GPRS, PSB so we can say they are a bit oriinal but after that what else , all they do is COPY,
MTN has not come up with any original thing
CELTEL came up with CELTEL for LIFE (unlimited validity) and before u cld bat an eye lid, MTN and GLO same thing
free customer are calls , MTN and GLO copied only after NCC THREATENED them at the Consumer Parliarment,
CELTEL may be slow but at least original,
They will do stuff that will be original and benefiial to ALL!!!!! not to BATS!!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2006
Definitely not!

lol

and I thought I knew it all wink
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2006
I really don't care or make use of the free midnight calls. What made me move to MTN and glo was because of the reduced peak/off-peak tariff, lower SMS rate, family and friends discount, array of different payment options, wider national coverage, better adverts & promos.

Celtel is just too dull for my liking. They need to up their image and come up with a better offer or die like Mtel. It's high time they realize the direction that the GSM industry is flowing to. At the moment, Celtel is the most expensive network to be on at a time when people are starting to get used to calling for free. The longer they waste time to react, they loose customers and business gets worse. I just hope they don't pack-up due to competition.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by henchyk(m): 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2006
Celtel's the worst. Their GPRS free service is off (Say they are upgrading it) and even if it comes back, there's no way it's gonna be free. And who's talking about 3g? Celtel does not have 3g and I dont think they ever will. Imagin, their GPRS service (when it was available was in lagos alone - as though that was the only place nigerians were). As far as am concerned, Mtn is the lesser of the four devils (they are all devils) and am currently using it. You gotta bloody concur. Ciao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Need Help With My Opera Mini 4.2 Multi / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / Application Not Downloading On Blackmart App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.