Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16957 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by olta(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2006
henchyk : just wait and see, imagine eMTNess being the lesser of 4 evils, it's like having LUNCH with the DEVIL and smiling about it thinking u have gotten the better of him.

drogba: if only u had a 3G phone u would be talking like this, get a 3G phone and see the whole world pass u by,
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2006
@ henchyk!

celtel gprs was launched in lagos but it is being used in ogun, ibadan, abuja, portharcourt, delta, benin, uyo and more

and what do u know abt 3G and what do u know abt 3G in nigeria?. get ur facts and spread them on the table do just speak without giving facts here please!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by archbishop(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2006
Hi nairalanders,
I was thinking it was only me that is fillingn the
Celtel problems.
1.thy reduce our free sms without informing us.
2. No more gprs.
Please follow ask them what is wrong with them.
grin grin grin ; angry angry angry angry
All hail MTN AND GLO.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by archbishop(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2006
OMOBOYS DON'T MIND THOES STUPID CELTELERS.

THEY ARE JUST MURDER-FUCKERS

NA LEBANESE BUY THE COMPANY THIS TIME NAW!!!!

ME SELF I DON BONE THEM TEE, TEE[color=#006600]
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
grin grin grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by henchyk(m): 10:00am On Nov 15, 2006
@ Cabali

It seems celtel has initiated you (No Ill feelings please), but I dont see you you cant say the truth when it has to be told. Leave 3g for now, not up to 3% of the populace know what its all about and by the time people start getting interested in it, Mtn and glo will surely lunch theirs. How many ordinary nigerians have camera phones for that matter?

And I heard sum1 talking about them waking up from sleep. To tell you the truth, almost every1 I knew using Vmobile is now in MTN or GLO. I frank opinion is that I dont think Celtel will survive in the Nigerian Market. Nigerians like free stuffs you know. Thats the truth.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by RiffRaff: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2006
you as a nigerian wants to enjoy free sms abi?
you also want to enjoy gprs service free Abi?
u want free nite calls too?
if u are griefed u can sing my new jingle. Celtel making life worse[b][/b]
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2006
The way the GSM industry is, you really dont have any advantage in being innovative because all others will copy you and hijack the glory from you. just like glo came out first with per second billing and gprs. Now all others including Mtel has this. The only option Celtel has is to join the others and crash their prices, but they are still thinking about what to do while subscribers are migrating.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by rilla64: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2006
the GPRS doesnt work anymore. Celtel is a capialist organization. am switching to glo or MTN.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by PDF: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2006
<deleted>
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by henchyk(m): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2006
Celtel has come to go.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dekin(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2006
just as  HIPHOP is dead, CELTEL is dead grin and im the undetaker
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by henchyk(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2006
honestly, I used to be a celtel loyalist
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
thats sincerely honest!! lol

I know those who use the midnight calls and end up frustrated

the calls dont pull through cos of congestion, u r talking and the call self-drops at a particular time frame

I hear someone made a case that he could not make a legitimate emergency call during the period even though he was willinng to pay for it!

I wonder what y'all will do when it ends cos trust me, mtn cant make this last across this year!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by henchyk(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2006
cool No, They Can!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2006
so in love with the devil u dont see what he's capable of
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by bamdil(m): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2006
Celtel's promo is pretty bad, just immagine to qualify for winning a millionaire's promo in MTN, what u need to do is to recharge #400 within a mount, whereas Celtel is asking the subscribers to recharge for #500 to qualify for their promo. What a stupid idea they got there! sad sad sad angry angry angry
Why can't Celtel just piss off! If not perform now or else, give way to better network.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 12:35am On Nov 16, 2006
Funny enough, i still am enjoying the browsing! Though i know it wont be long and they would start charging!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2006
u go ahead and enjoy ur free browsing!

let others bask in that trappy euphoria called free calls
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2006
Celtel, Ericsson, Huawei Conduct First 3G/HSDPA Trial Launch In Nigeria

Pan African operator, Celtel Nigeria, and its key partners, LM Ericsson Nigeria Limited and Huawei
Technologies Nigeria has conducted the first third generation mobile technology (3G) and High Speed
Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) trial launch in the country, clearing the way for the country to join the
league of nations with access to higher mobile technology and all its numerous benefits.
Celtel and its key Business partners conducted the Trial launch in Abuja at a ceremony attended by National
Assembly members especially Communications Committees chairmen and members in the Senate and House
of Representatives), Federal Ministry of Communications, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC),
Nigerian Investment Promotion Council, Nigerian Consumer Protection Council and the Media, among others.
Speaking at the occasion, Celtel&#8217;s Chief Commercial Officer, Chuma Okoye, said the company with
the aid of its Business partners, Ericsson and Huawei, are determined to remain in the forefront of creating
value for its customers by implementing the best affordable new solutions or technologies available in the
market.
He explained that the Trial Launch of HSDPA, the first of its kind in Nigeria, has given the companies
involved the opportunity to demonstrate their preparedness to usher the country into the new mobile frontier,
providing the opportunity for Celtel phone users to be the first to experience broadband speed connectivity on
the move via their mobile phone.
The event, which featured speeches and presentations, had a practical demonstration session during which
guests were given the opportunity to experience the new technology.
The demo showed video streaming and downloads from the web more than four to six times faster than
conventional 3G. Response time for web site browsing was several times quicker than currently available
anywhere in the country.
HSDPA is currently the latest and the greatest new release of 3G/UMTS (Universal Mobile Technology
System) that acts like a turbocharger or supercharger for 3G phones and 3G-enabled laptops and Personal
Digital Assistants (PDA), raising download speeds to 5 and 8 times faster and doubling network capacity, as
well as putting 3G users on the fast lane.
According to both Ericsson and Huawei, vendors of the technology, HSDPA holds much promise and benefits
for everyone especially phone users.
Individual users can enjoy superb quality-video streaming and fast downloading of video clips while
Corporate 3G users can retrieve e-mails with bulky attachments in a flash.
3G users get high-speed access to entertainment for instance, video clips such as sports highlights, games and
music. Other benefits include mobile email, video calling and video sharing and access to newsbreaks.
Apart from offering blistering speeds of data download and transmission, HSDPA boosts traffic capacity on
existing mobile networks by up to 100 per cent and dramatically improves quality of service including voice
clarity and makes possible a cost-effective solution that generates the capacity and bandwidth, two key factors
needed to deliver 3G services
Okoye said Ericsson, Huawei and NCC made the Trial Lunch possible. The Telecom regulator granted two
frequencies to the companies for the trials while the equipment suppliers provided the equipment for the
launch.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Mystique(f): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2006
To qualify for the celtels' millionaire promo, you have to load at least N500 every week, can you imagine??

No more N10 SMS off peak period, Free monthly SMS has been slashed to 6, (without telling the subscribers)

CELTEL SUCKS!!!! tongue tongue
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Tayotere(m): 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2006
celtel is the main thing

u might think they are not performing
but they are really doing more than yu think
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by Tayotere(m): 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2006
grin I am fanatically obsessed with celtel and I dont think I can change it 4 any oder network

I ave tried all the others and found out that yu can't compare them with celtell

come to think of it , can yu imagine somebody that has worked himself out during the day and has another busy day staring hard at him, stayin up to do midnite (free calls).

, so the head on competition glo and MTN are into is bullshit they shoul find somehing else to give their subscribers other this offer of installmental ill health. kudos to glo at least they are givin and we are seeing but MTN shuld do somethig beta

, by the time celtel has gotten it's two feet steady, i know for sure that they will do things that will send gitters running down the spine of MTN and glo

its good to ave an identity

though goin tru various changes in names

its not about that nor about midnitecalls

its about good service delivery

my identity is CELTEL

just making lifes a lot better
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2006
Nitel/Mtel has finally been delivered to Transcorp yesterday and I believe we will be seeing a new and revamped network very soon. Transcorp is going to try to compete with new offerings and price crashes that will further erode Celtels market share the way I'm seeing it.

All other networks are also testing 3G so Celtel is not any different from them. Ibet you that the moment Celtel launches 3g, others will follow suit within 1 week.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by opeyemi(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2006
well guys, whether you like it or not VMOBILE (celtel) is still the best netkork in this country, particularly in lagos.

the only pronlem I have with the company is the name "celtel". for me it's odd. it sounds more like a land phone. I prepfer vmobile!. I dont mind if the company bears any nameeven "shit". but the brand name is better as Vmobile. If you remember, even Vmobile's business name is VEE Networks (imagine, Very ugly). But there brand name is Vmobile and that is very sweet.

If anyone shares my opinion can you please let me know so that we can inform them to revert the brand name to that which is all about us: VMOBILE!

on the gprs thing. yes it is true celtel has gone to sleep even from day 1 when they took over the company. But above all, they are still the best jooooo.
I am very sure they have biger plans for us.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2006
u guys are all making a noise on free calls, y'all did not observe that it is advertised as LIMITED OFFER meaning it can be put to a stop without a speech to anyone of u!

I bet u MTN will be the first to end it! like the ended their free sms daily without announcement
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by opeyemi(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2006
i'm sorry to inform non-celtel users that they should pleeeeaaaaase keep shut because they are not invited to this discussion. afterall, they dont have any stake in it.

Also let them be informed that, that elongated disturbance they call free night call will soon expire becos they are surely going to get tired very soon. And I'm sure money-hungry MTN and Glo will soon begin to collect all their gift back thru another method.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by olta(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2006
yes all what MTN know to do best is copy no innovation. By the way are u all aware that the Free calls on Glo is a limited offer? Just wait and see.
all you have to do to qualify for the celtel bonanza is load N500/ week as the draws take place DAILY for the N250,000 where 5 winners would emerge and on sundays for the N15million,  
compare that to the trash MMTNand Glo have done in the past.
By December, GLO and MTN would give u all CCHRISTMASand new year presents and we all know what dat'll be.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by opeyemi(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2006
@ cabali and olta
why are we flogging a dead horse self. shebi the call doesn't even pull thru again?

Dem go hear wehn!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2006
@ opeyemi I think we need bullets to do some damage on this piece!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2006
Mtn na thief.dem no dey give free sth. Dem b like devil wen use right give u sth n use left collect am.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2006
U can now check ur yahoo messenger witout download any mobile phone message software. Software like im+ etc. Just type mm.yahoo.com or uk.mm.yahoo.com or in.mm.yahoo.com n login wit ur username n password. This is 4 only celtel subscribers
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2006
U can now check ur yahoo messenger witout download any mobile phone message software. Software like im+,yahoo go mobile etc. Just type mm.yahoo.com or uk.mm.yahoo.com or in.mm.yahoo.com n login wit ur username n password. This is 4 only celtel subscribers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Need Help With My Opera Mini 4.2 Multi / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / Application Not Downloading On Blackmart App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.