Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,320 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

NYSC And The Effects On Youths - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC And The Effects On Youths (1458 Views)

Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 / NYSC And The Lies Of Redeployment, A Case Study Of Adamawa State / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC And The Effects On Youths by ENTROVERT(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2015
This is getting too much.. Nysc dont even check and investigate the places,schools,firms they post corp members.. i was posted to one school in sagamu ogun state.. it was an eye sore.. the school is covered with grasses and the total number of students suffering their aint even upto 10.. with deteriorated facilities,the principal dont even have a sit,pit toilet and the rest.. Nysc dont even bother checking the places before they send a corp member to those areas.. this is ridiculous..

I intend to write an open letter to address the lacuna in NYSC scheme, it is so appalling that the scheme has become a shadow of itself. As an outfall of the civil war, graduates were supposed to serve the nation but what do we have? they are instead used to enrich some unscrupulous Citizens and non-citizens. From personal research, I uncovered that most of the schools (privately owned) do not employ qualified teachers instead opt for corpers paying them peanut who they also change annually upon passing out thereby saving their running/operational cost. This is clear case of exploitation and abuse of the scheme which has indirectly denied the qualified teachers the opportunity to practice their profession.

If NYSC must continue, it should be optional. Since the objective is to foster the love and unity washed away by the civil war by unifying a cross section of Nigerians from all regions under a roof/State. Orientation camp is enough to achieve that. Many made contacts across the tribes which they would treasure for years. We don't need a year to meet people and know them. Instead Orientation camp should be increased to 4weeks after which corpers get their certificate and move on. Enough of PPA that adds little or no value to the nation and corpers but instead the business owners. I understand that some corpers get retain but sincerely, what percentage of corpers get retained by reasonable and good companies?

The topic on how NYSC officers are being enriched through the procurement of orientation materials (kits, food etc) is for another day.

What is your take on the NYSC scheme? . Your opinion sure counts.

We the youths are tired of wasting one whole year suffering..

Seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NYSC And The Effects On Youths by oluwaisaac(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
I'm 100% in agreement with this article. I've been sick since I came back from Jigawa State. May God deliver this nation!!
Re: NYSC And The Effects On Youths by ENTROVERT(m): 6:29am On Nov 30, 2015
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

LOL! Corpers What Is Going On Here? (see Photo) / Operation Feed The Nation Spotted In NYSC Camp (photos) / Benue NYSC Camp Ravaged By Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.