Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears (29827 Views)

Italian Girl Refused Job Because She Has A Nigerian Fiance / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
To all those fools who are in support of the HR... see guys undergoing training... grin grin

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by brenister10: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
2sex:
dump fork... you see that you have an iq of an ant like that forking HR? So, a handle is the yardstick to measure one's reputation.. dumb fork...

By their fruit, you shall know them. Your name speaks alot about you. Short sighted sex bigot. So just keep shut
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by brenister10: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
2sex:
To all those fools who are in support of the HR... see guys undergoing training... grin grin

There is a way that seems right to a man but the end leads to destruction
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
brenister10:

By their fruit, you shall know them. Your name speaks alot about you. Short sighted sex bigot. So just keep shut
tell me you are a virgin, and have never forked a girl before or thunder strike your hand with leprosy...
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by brenister10: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
2sex:
tell me you are a virgin, and have never forked a girl before or thunder strike your hand with leprosy...

This truly shows that your brain is perfectly buried in the sole of your feet. Can anything good come from semi-demented sex focused idiot? NO... If you quote me again, just know that mukaizou don overtake you
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
brenister10:

This truly shows that your brain is perfectly buried in the sole of your feet. Can anything good come from semi-demented sex focused idiot? NO... If you quote me again, just know that mukaizou don overtake you
You are a dumb person... I will bury alive... why should piercing or tattoo be a yardstick for measuring one's commitment to a job?

fool see the pic below.. the white guy is at an oil company fool

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2015
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.
I have visible tattoos all over my body.
Why do i have a good paying office job ??

You need to see how many tattoos the police guys do have on their bodies here in New York.
Why were they hired ??
I just read your comment in great bewilderment. Where in NY do you live? I schooled in buffalo, update NY. My siblings still live and work in good corporations till date in America , heading managerial positions. America doesn't joke with work ethics. Police is different. You could wear tattoo if not obvious on your body a you still get hired but not with pierced ears. Pierced ears are peculiar to criminals and bad boys in America so, seeing that hole in your ear alone would have disqualified you from joining the police, at the first stage of your interview. If you're with pierced ears, don't bother seeking employment into pub offices in America. You'd just end up wasting your time. My brother is an admin controller at wellfargo. A guy was seeking employment into a lower mgt position a few years ago under him. He actually had a good result from havard. The only thing that dropped him was the pierced ears. He passed the aptitude test and had the highest scpre. I don't know if you're just saying this to console yourself because you had your ear(s) pierced. Physical assessment is part of interviews and no sane corporate bodies will hire a guy with pierced ears. They could manage tattoo though, especially if it's not too obvious and your role doesn't entail seeing or meeting people . You're the image of your company or employer...

2 Likes

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
onihaxy:
i was in the office yesterday when i saw alot of people who came for an interview as my working place was recruiting temporary staffs for a project. fortunately, my boss was one of interviewing panel. At the end of the interview, i overheard him in his office discussing with another man who is also a senior staff.

MY BOSS: one guy lost his chance of getting the offer today.

OTHER MAN: what happened?

MY BOSS: he answered questions intelligently, but Mrs Tosin noticed that he had holes pierced on his two ears and she asked him about the holes.

OTHER MAN: what was he response?.

MY BOSS: he was beating around the bush by saying he was once into entertainment before he decided to change his career. but when he left the office, we all agreed and decided that he won't get the job because he doesn't appear to be responsible with the holes on his ears. so, we can't trust him with the bank's funds.

I was so sad on hearing this and I felt like crying for the young man even though I didn't know him. To all the youths out there, please always think twice before your Pierce those ears and draw those tattoos because I have also seen someone who was dropped at interview stage because of a tattoo on her neck. thanks.

Cc lalasticlala
Typical bushman + bushwoman= bushmeat. What has piercing got to do with character?
Rev. King, Lawrence aninih, shekau, non have body piercing. They look for than responsible.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by brenister10: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
2sex:
You are a dumb person... I will bury alive... why should piercing or tattoo be a yardstick for measuring one's commitment to a job?

fool see the pic below.. the white guy is at an oil company fool

Oil company indeed... A dog who will get lost will never hear the whistle of his master. Continue, better go tattoo your...
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Josaj(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Atmmachine:
Bullshit.
Just stop lying.
I pierced my ears.
I have visible tattoos all over my body.
Why do i have a good paying office job ??

You need to see how many tattoos the police guys do have on their bodies here in New York.
Why were they hired ??
Does it look like he was referring to newyork?,man its Nigeria.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Josaj(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

Typical bushman + bushwoman= bushmeat. What has piercing got to do with character?
Rev. King, Lawrence aninih, shekau, non have body piercing. They look for than responsible.
You still don't gt it do you?
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Josaj(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
brenister10:

There is a way that seems right to a man but the end leads to destruction
Perfect response ever
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2015
brenister10:

Oil company indeed... A dog who will get lost will never hear the whistle of his master. Continue, better go tattoo your...
You are a fool... dumb fool..
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Klinee: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
dominique:

Is the person in question naked? No one in his right mind will go around naked on the street. A person with pierced ears may have better moral qualities than someone that seemingly looks put together.
u talk so foolishly! A man that pierce his ear is he not morally wrong already?

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Gabaleve(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
slimkhan:
but if you had the opportunity you would go there looking for greener pastures
OP as in OFF POINT
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by JayJustus(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
the corrupt people are the ones in suit and agbada...those octogenarians that don't wanna leave post for young people until death says it's over...nonsense
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by viviangist3: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 12:37am On Nov 30, 2015
Klinee:
What if I tell you that my half brother is a medical doctor in the US and he had his two ears pierced and HEAVILY built like body builder... you may find this hard to believe but that is the truth. We are too backward in our reasoning in this country and do you realize that ear piercing is an African culture, including tattoos? The white man only beautified it and then sold the idea back to us.

I have no argument with company policies and they can do anything they like... but that shouldn't be a way to yardstick for measuring what one does on the job.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 12:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Josaj:

Perfect response ever
Nigerians are certified hypocrites... you fork a girl without/before marrying her... you do all sort of evil behind the sceen cos no one saw you and claim another's sin is heavier than yours... fools. SIN IS SIN... no one is heavier than the other. And therefore you have no right crucify those who have tattoo and pierced ears.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Handsome4real(m): 10:20am On Nov 30, 2015
your bosses are foolish and very judgemental. Your organisation just lost a great staff because they were judging appearance over what he can offer. Nonsense!!! angry

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2015
Klinee:
are you morally right? oh because your own sins are hidden? bloody hypocrites everywhere... angry
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ylaa(f): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS WRITE UP
THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF AN OKADA RIDER WHO
ALWAYS BRAIDS HIS HAIR
HE HAD NO CUSTOMER, AS NO ONE WANTED TO BOARD HIS BIKE
LOOKING AT HIM CLOSELY I KNOW HE WAS A GOOD GUY WHO JUST WANTED
TO BELONG. ONE DAY I BOARDED HIS BIKE TO THE BEWILDERMENT OF PEOPLE WHO KNEW ME.
ALONG THE WAY, HE THANKED ME FOR BOARDING HIS BIKE
AND TOLD ME HOW ON MANY OCCASIONS HE HAD TO GO HOME WITHOUT A DIME.
I ADVISED HIM TO CUT HIS HAIR, WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT, HE HAD HIS HAIR CUT THE FOLLOWING
DAY AND THE REST BECAME HISTORY.
onihaxy:
i was in the office yesterday when i saw alot of people who came for an interview as my working place was recruiting temporary staffs for a project. fortunately, my boss was one of interviewing panel. At the end of the interview, i overheard him in his office discussing with another man who is also a senior staff.

MY BOSS: he answered questions intelligently, but Mrs Tosin noticed that he had holes pierced on his two ears and she asked him about the holes.

MY BOSS: he was beating around the bush by saying he was once into entertainment before he decided to change his career. but when he left the office, we all agreed and decided that he won't get the job because he doesn't appear to be responsible with the holes on his ears. so, we can't trust him with the bank's funds.

I was so sad on hearing this and I felt like crying for the young man even though I didn't know him. To all the youths out there, please always think twice before your Pierce those ears and draw those tattoos because I have also seen someone who was dropped at interview stage because of a tattoo on her neck. thanks.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2015
ylaa:
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS WRITE UP
THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF AN OKADA RIDER WHO
ALWAYS BRAIDS HIS HAIR
HE HAD NO CUSTOMER, AS NO ONE WANTED TO BOARD HIS BIKE
LOOKING AT HIM CLOSELY I KNOW HE WAS A GOOD GUY WHO JUST WANTED
TO BELONG. ONE DAY I BOARDED HIS BIKE TO THE BEWILDERMENT OF PEOPLE WHO KNEW ME.
ALONG THE WAY, HE THANKED ME FOR BOARDING HIS BIKE
AND TOLD ME HOW ON MANY OCCASIONS HE HAD TO GO HOME WITHOUT A DIME.
I ADVISED HIM TO CUT HIS HAIR, WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT, HE HAD HIS HAIR CUT THE FOLLOWING
DAY AND THE REST BECAME HISTORY.
Well, that's you. I don't care what the driver has on his head but how skillful he is on the wheel... hair, tattoo and piercing does not get the job done but a hand and brain.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Klinee: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2015
2sex:
What if I tell you that my half brother is a medical doctor in the US and he had his two ears pierced and HEAVILY built like body builder... you may find this hard to believe but that is the truth. We are too backward in our reasoning in this country and do you realize that ear piercing is an African culture, including tattoos? The white man only beautified it and then sold the idea back to us.

I have no argument with company policies and they can do anything they like... but that shouldn't be a way to yardstick for measuring what one does on the job.
A man piercing his ear is very wrong!
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ylaa(f): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
WHO IS THIS?
DID I CALL YOUR NAME?
IF UR MOUTH IS ITCHING,
PLS GO ELSEWHERE COS I GAT NO TIME
FOR LIL BOYS.
2sex:
Well, that's you. I don't care what the driver has on his head but how skillful he is on the wheel... hair, tattoo and piercing does not get the job done but a hand and brain.

1 Like

Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
ylaa:
WHO IS THIS?
DID I CALL YOUR NAME?
IF UR MOUTH IS ITCHING,
FOR LIL BOYS.
You must be silly for calling me lil boy... see this ape.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by 2sex(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
ylaa:
WHO IS THIS?
DID I CALL YOUR NAME?
IF UR MOUTH IS ITCHING,
FOR LIL BOYS.
Now.. I just noticed something funny... I don't normally do this but your case would be an exception. Do you know that it's against internet etiquette to write in allCAP? Which means it's completely wrong to write in such manner. But you see, I didn't crucify your dumb judgement soul for doing that. However, your likes are quick to judge others.

Let me guess your next action... go on defensive spitting million reasons why you are right.. a typical trait of an hypocrite. grin grin grin
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
onihaxy:

Cc lalasticlala
is itz onihaxy dat wrote adebimpe
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ylaa(f): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2015
LIL BABY BOY I WILL NOT MIND YOU
BABY HYPOCRITE
grin grin grin grin grin

2sex:
Now.. I just noticed something funny... I don't normally do this but your case would be an exception. Do you know that it's against internet etiquette to write in allCAP? Which means it's completely wrong to write in such manner. But you see, I didn't crucify your dumb judgement soul for doing that. However, your likes are quick to judge others.

Let me guess your next action... go on defensive spitting million reasons why you are right.. a typical trait of an hypocrite. grin grin grin
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by ylaa(f): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2015
LIL SILY BOY APE, WELL DONE FOR TELLING ME
YOU ARE AN APE NOT A HUMAN
2sex:
You must be silly for calling me lil boy... see this ape.
Re: He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears by Busybody2(f): 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Awwww, too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Test Format? / Trick To Download Your N-power PPA Letter / How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.