Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? (18558 Views)

9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) / How Can He Forgive His Wife And Forget? / Sisters Weep At The Grave Of Their Brother Who Was Buried On His Birthday. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by lalasticlala(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
I got this mail from a Nairalander. Please read and advise him accordingly. Thanks.

The unedited mail:

This is a true life story, but, i'll use a different name wit it. & i'll cut it short, for now....
My names are Phil Ade Johnson, the last of a family of five. ours used to be a family filled with love & harmony. We share and do everything together. Until, the tide turns.

i lost both parents withing 14months.
Although, my mum & dad separated sometime ago, we all stil keep intouch with my dad since we were fond of the motherly love, we moved in wit our mum.
Things became hard at a stage that it seems life itself was hell to us. But, as God would have it, i, the last, somehow, became the bread winner through a programme by the state government.. Before this programme, i had to drop from school in other for my elder one to complete his higher education.

During this turbulent periods, i've always been the savior. And, i have never been proud of it, but always gives God the Glory for making a way for us to survive. Later, my brother graduated, served & came back to stay with us due to the lack of jobs. Still, with the help of God, through me, things were still moving smoothly. After 3yrs of joblessness, my bro decided to joing the force. He applied for the NPF special cadet training. Luckily, he made it. After 6months of training, he became an ASP.. That was where the music changed. He was drafted to abuja. And since then, he felt he owns the world.

Forgotten his root, his home & where he came from. He does not pick his calls from us. Note: he's the first son.
Later, things became so rough. Although, my beloved sister of blessed memory was poisoned, she died of rejection & neglect.. Since her death, my mum became ill. Everythin was shouldered upon me. With no further help frm anyone. To cut the story, i lost my dad last year, & my mum 2months ago. Due to the attitude of my bros' i angrily told him oneday that since he forgot his people who stood by him, that one day, he will look for people to rejoice or celebrate with him. But he will find none..
Since then, i stopped contacting them.

Now, i got to know that my late dad, who's a retired millitary personnel made me his next of kin. Although, every neccesary documents have been done, even the letter of admin fron the court.
I really do not have time for such.

Now, why i needed advise, my bros hav been trying to get close to me. But my mind/heart is hardened.
They plead for forgiveness, but i told them i'm not God that forgives people. I told them if they seek forgiveness, they should try to find where both my sister & mum were buried. seek their forgiveness, then, i can forgive them...
Recently, i got to know that the ASP was involved in a car crash and things haven't been ok with him.
Sincere, with pictures of the past very clear in my heart, i find it hard to forgive them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by ShakurM(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
Don't you know misery loves company, your brother wan chop where e no sow, e no even dig ground sef , your dad naming you as next of kin no be play, he knows his children. Forgive and Forget is what they say but I'm telling you Forgive but don't forget!

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.If he needs your assistance, do what you can but keep him at arms length for its better that way.

Don't harbour hate in your heart, one life man! What I like about hard times, you would know the true character of people.
Focus on your shitt and make history!!!

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Jackeeh(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
OP the best punishment for your brother's crime is FORGIVENESS. I know its going to be very difficult. but Forgive him. Initial gra gra is allowed. Torment him for a while. Thereafter, forgive;for your sake. Not his. I only hope he's genuinely sorry and not just coming around for personal gains.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by HelenBee(f): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
He has pushed you to the point where you don't care anymore. Forget all he did and forgive him...no matter what he is still your blood.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Young03(m): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
na oga lalaclaticlala thread oo

front page loading 75%

still reading Bro...just come to book space on time

ok am back...Bro dump him , he is wicked like my uncle...he should bear his cross....he is coming to u with obedience complex

when he gets part of the share from ur dads will, he will do worst

advise no be curse...for those dat will quote me...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by SlimBrawnie(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nothing gives me joy more than helping out in my family.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by corisande: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
I smell fp

Sincerely forgiving him is hard but please do. Your guys have just each other (I hope I'm correct)

1 Like

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by ikbnice(m): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
he has shown him his true color. If he decides to forgive him he shouldn't be surprised if he lets him down along the line especially during hard times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by daniska3yaro(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-
centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish
ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends
and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten
tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest
ideas can be shot down by the smallest men
and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top
dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be
destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if
you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get
kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
Seriously just forgive him n let it go,love is greater than hate,make ur parent proud by showing love to ur senior bro,revenge everything that he did to u with love n nt hatred.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by ikbnice(m): 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
be careful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Okpeyemi125: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Wow amazing
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by viviangist6: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Good
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Upnepaa(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by jorlons(m): 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
just free yourself of that anger and forgive your brother. Believe me, it will take the grace of God for him to live through life with the guilt already tormenting him.

1 Like

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by blessedfavoured: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Lol these ones are just booking space. Just negodu
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by thorpido(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
He should forgive even though it's hard.

Reminds me of the story of Joseph.His brothers hated him and eventually sold him as a slave.Tables turned later in life and the very person they sold was the one who became their saviour later.
Joseph said,you meant evil against me but God has turned it for good that He might save many people.

1 Like

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by boolet: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Forgive him and pray to God to give you the strength to get it off your mind. Forgiveness is a theory, but forgetting and erasing the injury is where the work is. I wish you well!

6 Likes

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Eyaa
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by handie(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Forgiveness is a sin! If u accept the dumbo back, he won't hesitate too kill u and take the funds ur dad left for you as the next of kin. Find something good to do, get ur own family and move on with life. To you, he's dead.

6 Likes

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by adedam007(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2015
Emmmmmmm this is serious

*Drinkinq Tapwater*
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by menix(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
Just forgive but don't forget...

Keep them at arms length to ensure they re not coming back because of goodies u re inheriting..

I like ur person, we go a long way to carry the cross of the family on our shoulder, we re rare breeds..

My personal view..

1 Like

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by dasanchez1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
handie:
Forgiveness is a sin! If u accept the dumbo back, he won't hesitate too kill u and take the funds ur dad left for you as the next of kin. Find something good to do, get ur own family and move on with life. To you, he's dead.

how is forgiveness a sin?

please explain to me bro
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by salaboiz(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Life is just like a video......
i also have a brother who only give me 3000 thousand per month. but i thank GOD, am in my final year.
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by adonbilivit: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
No don't forgive him, bomb him. if I slap u eh, u will forgive him...abi u wan go hellfire?
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by allanphash7(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
I dont interfere in another family's business

1 Share

Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
Yes
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by kelvs21: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sure
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by yomalex(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hmm
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by ebubey(f): 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
forgive BUT when they're tryin to convince you they're chilling with you...pay very close attention...angry
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by canalily(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
If u cnt forgive him then stop praying to God!
Re: Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? by Afam4eva(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
This your story even pain me lass you sef. Usually, I will forgive people like that from a distance. SOmeone who would do something like that can kill. Just be careful.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else / **ee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.